PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Private Workout list/Interest

Chubby
03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/20/2124101/dolphins-book-private-workouts.html

QB's
Ricky Stanzi
Colin Kaepernick
Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Ryan Mallett.
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton

RB's
Mark Ingram
Mickel Leshoure
Ryan Williams
Bilal Powell
Mario Fannin

TE's
D.J. Williams
Julius Thomas

WR's
Ricardo Lockette
Denarius Moore

DeeAy3000
03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I would've expected Jake Locker to be on that list.

beanh8er
03-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Denarius Moore oh yeaaaa.

Geordie
03-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah that's strange why no Locker, even if we are not interested in him in the 1st round, you just never know how the draft will unfold.

tical
03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Denarius Moore oh yeaaaa.

Shame to say i've never seen him play...whats his skill set? Burner, possession receiver? Please give me an NFL comparison

Thanks

Kdawg954
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
I think we will eventually set something up with Locker . . . I just recently read that we were interested in him. I know we were looking at him during the Senior Bowl and at the combine.

beanh8er
03-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Shame to say i've never seen him play...whats his skill set? Burner, possession receiver? Please give me an NFL comparison

Thanks

He's a deep threat the best one in this draft. There's not many players like him in the NFL. Santonio Holmes comes to mind. Deep threat, ~4.4 40 time.

j-off-her-doll
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Yay for D. Moore.

Boo for no K. Hunter.

kvado16
03-23-2011, 05:58 PM
No speed receiver like Titus Young or Jernigan???????

beanh8er
03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
No speed receiver like Titus Young or Jernigan???????

:bobdole: D Moore is faster than both of them... And both of them are slot receivers not deep threats.

fgrocker
03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
:bobdole: D Moore is faster than both of them... And both of them are slot receivers not deep threats.

And Lockette is a Div 2 national sprinting champ

kvado16
03-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Might be fast but can he play? cause i sure as hell have never heard of him.

beanh8er
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Might be fast but can he play? cause i sure as hell have never heard him.

God damn it... Of course he can ****ing play. Why no one is talking about him is irritating as hell. He had two 200+ yard receiving games. Highest YPC in the country and is better than Jernigan and Young.

Edit: sorry for the rudeness but I just had surgery and it's probably the 20th time I've said this same exact ****.

j-off-her-doll
03-23-2011, 07:39 PM
D. Moore is the effin' goods. How many WR's who can't play put up two 200 yard games in the same season?

I'd take him over Young or Jerrigan every day of the week.

dr.jake
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
we just spent two high #2 picks on marshall. that's plenty at wr.move on.

kvado16
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Ok read up a bit on him runs 4.34 not bad and he went to Tennessee i thought he was some small division school boy weird ive never heard of him but he looks good reminds me of Mike Wallace sort of.
God damn it... Of course he can ****ing play. Why no one is talking about him is irritating as hell. He had two 200+ yard receiving games. Highest YPC in the country and is better than Jernigan and Young.

Edit: sorry for the rudeness but I just had surgery and it's probably the 20th time I've said this same exact ****.

twix2500
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM

lol

Fin Thirteen
03-24-2011, 06:18 AM
That list screams QB in the 1st.

TraderJoe
03-24-2011, 06:43 AM
That screams to me they expect to be moving back.

Chubby
03-24-2011, 08:05 AM
That screams to me they expect to be moving back.
me too,that list reads to me we are doing our due diligence just in case one of the top guys fall but centering our effort on late first rounders and early to mid second rounders.
Chubbs

Fin Thirteen
03-24-2011, 09:33 AM
I never said where in the first! A tradeback could still net Ponder, Mallett or Kaepernick. Not saying it's what I'd do.

cyoung
03-24-2011, 09:46 AM
we just spent two high #2 picks on marshall. that's plenty at wr.move on.
I've gotta disagree here. We still need a deep man. Deep man spreads the field and makes guys like Marshall even more effective.

cyoung
03-24-2011, 09:47 AM
I never said where in the first! A tradeback could still net Ponder, Mallett or Kaepernick. Not saying it's what I'd do.
Anybody but him in the first. He may turn out to be a good qb, but imo way too much of a project for this team right now. Mallet or Ponder, absolutely though.

ckparrothead
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok read up a bit on him runs 4.34 not bad and he went to Tennessee i thought he was some small division school boy weird ive never heard of him but he looks good reminds me of Mike Wallace sort of.

The guy you're thinking of the small school guy is Ricardo Lockette. Lockette intrigues teams because you don't get much better than his speed and length as a receiver, and on the field he's got a little bit of nastiness to him. But, as Josh Buchanon (who does small school scouting reports for NFL teams) has said, he's a ridculous underachiever even at the small school level. He didn't lead his team in receiving, a slow Tight End did that. He had a couple of drops at the NFLPA game. He has off field trouble. He's kind of a priority undrafted free agent type...but since there will be no UDFAs able to sign with NFL teams until the lockout is over, I think teams are sniffing him thoroughly because they think they might go ahead and secure him with a 7th rounder or some pick like that.

ckparrothead
03-24-2011, 11:44 AM
By the way I love Denarius Moore. I haven't been shy about giving him a 2nd round grade, putting him in the 2nd tier behind the top tier of A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Leonard Hankerson.

Denarius just knows how to be a receiver. He knows how to run his routes and be quarterback friendly. You add onto that his fantastic ability to track the ball in the air, and his legit 4.40 speed, he should be a player at the next level. Inconsistency in his hands not as uncommon among good receivers that catch the ball away from their body as you'd think. I think of him as a Santonio Holmes that doesn't quite have the resume of production as Santonio did coming out, but that's in part due to an injury in 2009, and bad quarterback play for half of 2010.

Valandui
03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
CK, do you know if we have shown any interest in Mark Herzlich? I feel like we may regret passing on him if we do.

ckparrothead
03-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Nope, we haven't heard of any. Evidently bone cancer is a big turn-off. I don't mean to make light of it. But I also tend to think teams will regret passing on him. I don't think his explosion is gone for good, never to return. I think it's just going to take time and an NFL weights and conditioning program.

j-off-her-doll
03-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Alright CK: D. Moore or T. Smith?

In terms of skill sets I see translating to the next level (attacking the ball in the air, fluid routes), I'd roll with D. Moore. Not to mention: Moore is as fast or faster than Smith.

ckparrothead
03-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Denarius Moore. To me, Torrey Smith may be taller but he doesn't play taller. He's a body catcher and has soft arm use. I wouldn't have known this if I didn't see what he did at the NFLPA game and then we spoke with WR Coach Jeff Reinebold (who coached Denarius at that game) about it, but I think Denarius just has the more natural feel for routes and depth, making himself QB friendly, etc. Neither player is "special" after the catch, but they both keep their feet pretty well. From what I've seen, Torrey Smith is good with the low catch, probably because his instincts are so attuned to putting the ball into his body, but I think Denarius' catch radius has more upside as he reaches out and plucks with his hands. Because of Moore's instincts for using his hands, and ability to track the ball (not saying Torrey Smith can't also track the ball, he can), I think Moore will put himself in position to have a legit chance at catching passes that if they were thrown to Torrey Smith, would not be caught, and most people would look at it and say it's no big deal Torrey was just covered on the play. There was a term that Sterling Sharpe used during Combine coverage that I liked, "the defensive back's in jail". I think Denarius Moore's combination of ball tracking and hand instincts will keep more defensive backs in jail at the next level.

And as you say, they're both about the same speed. Smith may be taller but he doesn't really use the height to his advantage, so that doesn't matter to me.

I would draft Edmond Gates and Denarius Moore above Torrey Smith. I would draft Leonard Hankerson above all of them. Randall Cobb versus Torrey Smith is something I'd have to think about more.

j-off-her-doll
03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Doing a mock with a few friends (taking forever), but we each get a few teams. I ended up with the 33rd pick (Patriots), and I drafted Hankerson with Smith still on the board and caught just a little bit of flack for it. Strange, but Hankerson is still really under the radar. I don't know how.

Kdawg954
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Doing a mock with a few friends (taking forever), but we each get a few teams. I ended up with the 33rd pick (Patriots), and I drafted Hankerson with Smith still on the board and caught just a little bit of flack for it. Strange, but Hankerson is still really under the radar. I don't know how.

Hands . . . improving hands . . . but inconsistent hands from day 1 at the U. He still has these lapses in concentration more than you would like. He answered the speed question for me when he ran that 4.43 40 time at the combine. He is a good enough route runner, but not great, atleast not yet. Put up GREAT numbers at the U last year because of 2 QB's that clearly felt he was the only playmaker on the outside on that team . . . a team full of athletes but no great pass catchers other than Hank. He also measured in shorter than I think people believed he was. I think some people were believing a legit 6'3" . . . and he measured in at 6'1 and a half.

This is the play where I think alot of people stopped looking at Hank as just a big possession WR ala Orande Gadson and more of a big time playmaker at WR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUezmvDik4A

I actually think he will be gone before Smith, or I would have mocked him to the Fins at 56 in my draft. I think somebody will take a chance on Baldwin before him, but Hankerson is the 3rd best WR in this draft.

Lacks the explosion and the ball skills of the top 2 IMO, not a first round pick IMO, but in the 2nd he is more than worthy. I think he has a real good chance of becomming a solid #1 WR in the league.

j-off-her-doll
03-24-2011, 02:36 PM
I think he's a 1st RD WR. I think someone between 21 and 32 drafts him. If the Bears don't like the available LT prospects, I think he's a good fit there at #28.

Kdawg954
03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I think he's a 1st RD WR. I think someone between 21 and 32 drafts him. If the Bears don't like the available LT prospects, I think he's a good fit there at #28.

He has first round talent and ability, but I could see a team being frustrated with him early on in his career. He needs to be able to move on to the next play, and don't let an occassional drop affect his play. When he starts getting around consistent NFL WR's, guys who he won't be putting to shame like he did the WR group at the U, and those guys are making consistent plays and he makes a mistake . . . how he bounces back mentally will go along way in determining how great he can be. Make no mistake about it, Hankerson made HUGE strides in 2010. But I remember him early on, he was real frustrating to watch as a Canes fan at times, but got a pass because he was head and shoulders above anybody else at the position for the U.

I could see him being drafted in the first, but IMO, a team would be reaching on his potential that early . . . just like a team reaching for Baldwin in round 1. Baldwin has the better measureables . . . Hank is the better WR, both guys are first round talents that have other things that should make them second rounders. Michael Floyd is better than both of them.

j-off-her-doll
03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Dude had a record breaking season at a university that has enjoyed some of the best WR's you'd ever want to see. His potential is translating to the football field, so I don't see how it'd be reaching on potential. Just don't follow.

Kdawg954
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Dude had a record breaking season at a university that has enjoyed some of the best WR's you'd ever want to see. His potential is translating to the football field, so I don't see how it'd be reaching on potential. Just don't follow.

I just don't want him to end up like Derek Hagan (a guy I compare him to). Before I go on, Hankerson is doing a much better job than Hagan did in his pre draft workouts. Hank had a great Senior Bowl week, he ran faster than anticipated at the combine and he did a much better job catching the ball this year. His drops did show up a bit at the combine and that is why you see him dropping and not rising up the mock draft boards. Hank is a guy I have watched live since his days at St. Thomas, and trust me, I have seen the improvements over the test of time . . . so I know he is a hard worker and he is working hard to becomming the best WR he can be.

However, I guess I am tougher on him because he was heads and shoulders the best WR at Miami, to the point where Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris lost confidence in the other guys, because they were just athletes in WR clothing (if I had to come up with an analogy) last season. They force fed him the ball, which allowed him to accumluate record breaking stats . . . but also caused the Miami QB's to have a high number of INT's as well. He still drops balls he is supposed to catch, but he really improved from 2009 and 2010 in that area. . .which is why I have him rated so high amongst these WR's in this draft.

Me considering him the #3 WR in this group is not something I envisioned going into this season, but he earned that right with his play on the field. Derek Hagan was very similar, all around playmaker at WR who seemingly lost focus and dropped balls he was supposed to bring in. For a guy with his hand size, he drops too many passes . . . period.

I personally just want Hank to keep focusing on becomming a better WR, and not lose focus when he gets around real NFL WR's, guys who compare to him and make catches more consistently.

I think Hank will stick in the NFL for a very long time . . . . but the difference of him either becomming Derek Hagan (#5 WR), Chris Chambers (on and off again success, a #1 at one point but pretty much a #2 or #3 guy) or Chad Johnson (a bonafide #1 WR) . . . depends on his ability of keeping mentally strong and continue to work on his hands and making the sure catch. I used those 3 guys as examples because all 3 guys IMO played bigger than what their height suggests and Hank IMO plays bigger than his 6'1" and a half suggests. All 3 of those guys were also either 2nd or 3rd round picks in their respective drafts.

It is just my opinion, maybe I'm overanalyzing him . . . but I just don't feel he is a first round WR. I do agree that if the Bears are looking for a WR, Hank would be the best option for them at 28 and it wouldn't suprise me if he were drafted in the first round. I just think a team would be overdrafting him a bit, hoping he can put it all together and become a legit #1 WR, which he may very well become.

If Miami some how got a 2nd round pick and drafted Hankerson . . . trust me, you wouldn't find a happier person than me with that selection.

ckparrothead
03-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't worry about his hands. There are a ton of great receivers that drop footballs. Brandon Marshall does. Hakeem Nicks did coming out and still does. Santonio Holmes does. Hankerson's shown great improvement in his hands. He reminds me of a Miles Austin because of his ability to work the slot as well as the perimeter.

As for what I envisioned heading into this season, people would ask me who is going to be the best WR in the 2011 NFL Draft. I usually replied you have four great ones in Jon Baldwin, A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Michael Floyd. Depending on who comes out, any of those guys could be the top dog by draft day. However, Leonard Hankerson is a sleeper, my top overall senior, and would it surprise me if this time next year I'm saying he's the best WR in the Draft? Not at all. That was my stance based on 2009 tape.

j-off-her-doll
03-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Can you imagine this WR group if Blackmon entered the draft? I know the 2010 class got a lot of hype, but this class blows it out of the water.

beanh8er
03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Can you imagine this WR group if Blackmon entered the draft? I know the 2010 class got a lot of hype, but this class blows it out of the water.

It did? There was one good prospect and then one average one then the rest.

Kdawg954
03-25-2011, 10:14 AM
It did? There was one good prospect and then one average one then the rest.

Nah, Dez Bryant was an solid/elite prospect . . . just had some off the field concerns that dropped him. Bey Bey was also a solid prospect. Arrelious Benn was a solid prospect. Golden Tate was a solid prospect. Mike Williams was a solid prospect who fell because of off the field stuff. Had the ultimate burner in Jacoby Ford. Plus you had a few slot guys that people really coveted (Shipley and Cooper). Then a bunch of average guys who may or may not be anything in the NFL.

I think if Michael Floyd, Ryan Broyles and Justin Blackmon were in this draft, it would have "dismantled" last years class out of the water . . . hell, it would have been considered one of the greatest WR classes of all time. But this class is still alot better, especially at the top. People were talking about this class when Jones and Green were freshman, and they have not disappointed.

Next years class is going to be a good one as well.

Kdawg954
03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Don't worry about his hands. There are a ton of great receivers that drop footballs. Brandon Marshall does. Hakeem Nicks did coming out and still does. Santonio Holmes does. Hankerson's shown great improvement in his hands. He reminds me of a Miles Austin because of his ability to work the slot as well as the perimeter.

As for what I envisioned heading into this season, people would ask me who is going to be the best WR in the 2011 NFL Draft. I usually replied you have four great ones in Jon Baldwin, A.J. Green, Julio Jones and Michael Floyd. Depending on who comes out, any of those guys could be the top dog by draft day. However, Leonard Hankerson is a sleeper, my top overall senior, and would it surprise me if this time next year I'm saying he's the best WR in the Draft? Not at all. That was my stance based on 2009 tape.

I think the Miles Austin comparison is a valid one, I never thought of it . . . good job on that, and Hankerson is very much that talented to become as highly regarded as Miles Austin is. I still think the Derek Hagan comparison as a prospect makes alot of sense also. Unlike Hagan, I think Hankerson will overcome his mental issues/drops sooner than Hagan and make a much bigger splash than Hagan has up to this point, much earlier. But I can't overlook them. He is very much worth that minor detail, I am not denying that . . . I'm just pointing out why teams may not be as high on him as maybe his production and ability should suggest.

Braylon Edwards is a guy who dropped passes throughout his career, improved as a senior but the drops returned in the NFL. I do think Hank will be used as more of a possession guy than Braylon . . . more of a chain mover, but he will need his hands even moreso if that is the case. I guess we will see.

It would absolutely shock me if he were considered the best WR in this draft after the year is over. I could see AJ Green being Randy Moss dominant and Julio Jones being Brandon Marshall dominant with more speed. Hankerson will always be a 2nd tier guy to me (a 2nd tier number 1 mind you) until he proves otherwise at the next level. . . and there is nothing wrong with that. He could have Pro Bowl seasons, but I don't ever envision him being considered an elite WR.

One thing I really like about Hank, from day 1, is his work ethic. He is going to work to become better at being a WR and work on the drops/mental lapses and the improvement in that area his senior season and the improvement in his 40 time speaks to that.

Late First/Second Rounder is fitting for him. In another draft, even higher.

X-Pacolypse
03-26-2011, 04:39 PM
If the Dolphins are able to trade back I have to believe that the pick is going to be Mikel Leshoure out of Illinois. Think about it, all three years that they've been in charge their first round pick has come out of the Big 10.

DefensiveEnd76
03-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Here's the entire list of players interviewed/worked out by Dolphins: (Heights and weights are from their pro days)

QUARTERBACKS:
Blaine Gabbert...... 6-4 234 Missouri
Cam Newton ....... 6-5 245 Auburn
Colin Kaepernick ... 6-5 228 Nevada
Nathan Enderle .... 6-4 234 Idaho
Ryan Mallet ........ 6-7 248 Arkansas
Christian Ponder... 6-2 229 Florida State
Josh Portis ......... 6-3 211 California (PA.)
Andy Dalton ....... 6-2 210 TCU
Jake Locker ........ 6-3 231 Washington
Ricky Stanzi ....... 6-4 224 Iowa
Jeff Van Kamp .... 6-5 218 Florida Atlantic
Tyrod Taylor ...... 6-1 217 Virginia Tech

RUNNINGBACKS:
Mark Ingram ...... 5-9 213 Alabama
Ryan Williams .... 5-10 211 Virginia Tech
Mario Fannin ..... 5-10 229 Auburn
Mikel Leshoure ... 6-0 232 Illinois
Shane Vereen..... 5-10 210 California
Bilal Powell ........ 5-11 207 Louisville
Daniel Thomas .... 6-0 230 Kansas State
Darren Evans...... 5-11 226 Virginia Tech
Stevan Ridley..... 5-11 230 LSU
Roy Helu............ 6-0 220 Nebraska
Taiwan Jones .... 6-0 194 Eastern Washington
Phillip Sylvester .. 5-9 185 Florida A&M
Dion Lewis ........ 5-7 194 Pittsburgh

FULLBACKS:
Matangi Tonga .... 6-2 290 Houston

WIDE RECEIVERS:
Niles Paul.......... 6-1 224 Nebraska
Leonard Hankerson ..6-2 209 Miami (FL.)
Edmund Gates ... 6-0 190 Abilene Christian
Ricardo Lockett .. 6-2 207 Fort Valley State
Courtney Smith ... 6-4 223 South Alabama
Denarius Moore .. 6-0 194 Tennessee
Randall Cobb ..... 5-10 191 Kentucky
Dwayne Harris ....5-10 203 East Carolina
Terrence McCrae.. 6-3 198 Ohio

TIGHT ENDS:
D.J. Williams ....... 6-2 245 Alabama
Virgil Green ........ 6-3 252 Nevada
Julius Thomas ..... 6-4 248 Portland State
Charles Clay ....... 6-3 245 Tulsa
Tommy Gallarda ... 6-5 262 Boise State

CENTERS:
Rodney Hudson .... 6-2 299 Florida State
Ryan Pugh .......... 6-1 307 Auburn
Colin Baxter ........ 6-3 311 Arizona
John Gianninoto ... 6-3 292 UNLV

GUARDS:
Mike Pouncey ...... 6-5 310 Florida
Justin Boren ........ 6-3 311 Ohio State
Will Rackley ........ 6-3 309 Lehigh
Orlando Franklin ... 6-6 319 Miami (FL.)
Byron Bell ........... 6-5 339 New Mexico

TACKLES:
Gabe Carimi ........ 6-7 315 Wisconsin
Marcus Gilbert ..... 6-6 333 Florida
Derek Newton ..... 6-5 314 Arkansas State
Matt Murphy ...... 6-4 304 UNLV
Jah Reid ............ 6-7 321 Central Florida

NOSE TACKLES:
Terrell McClain..... 6-2 291 South Florida

DEFENSIVE ENDS:
J.J. Watt ........... 6-5 290 Wisconsin
Muhammed Wilkerson ..6-4 308 Temple

INSIDE LINEBACKERS:
Bruce Carter ...... 6-2 243 North Carolina
Mason Foster...... 6-1 245 Washington
Mike Mohammed... 6-3 241 California
Cobrani Mixon...... 6-1 241 Kent State
Colin McCarthy .... 6-1 237 Miami (FL.)

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS:
Von Miller .......... 6-3 245 Texas A&M
Aldon Smith ....... 6-4 263 Missouri
Jaball Sheard ..... 6-3 263 Pittsburgh
Martez Wilson .... 6-4 250 Illinois
Ryan Winterswyk ... 6-4 271 Boise State
Ricky Elmore ...... 6-5 256 Arizona
Brooks Reed ...... 6-3 260 Arizona
D'Andre Reed ..... 6-4 260 Arizona
Montae Simmons .. 6-1 234 Kent State
Keith Darbut ...... 6-4 230 Baldwin-Wallace

CORNERBACKS:
Jimmy Smith ...... 6-2 210 Colorado
Rashad Carmichael .... 5-10 189 Virginia Tech
Cortez Allen ....... 6-1 197 The Citadel
Rod Issac ......... 5-11 182 Middle Tennessee State

SAFETIES:
Brian Lainhart ..... 6-0 211 Kent State
Maurice Rolle ..... 6-0 198 Louisiana-Lafayette
Robert Sands ..... 6-4 217 West Virginia
Mistral Raymond... 6-1 196 South Florida

DearbornDolfan
04-04-2011, 02:51 AM
Damn, a 290 pound FB. Can you imagine being a ILB going full speed in a rub blitz and being met at the hole by that big *******? Christ...

Geforce
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Damn, a 290 pound FB. Can you imagine being a ILB going full speed in a rub blitz and being met at the hole by that big *******? Christ...

The one major problem with Tonga is that he hasn't played FB since high school as he was a DT throughout college.

University of Houston defensive tackle Matangi Tonga had a strong Pro Day workout today as he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.72 and 4.81 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds 29 times, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

At their request, Tonga also did fullback drills for the Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks and the Miami Dolphins following the workout.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Packers-others-audition-DT-Matangi-Tonga-at-fullback.html

I was shocked. They had me doing fullback drills. The last time I played fullback was in high school. They told me to get in a fullback stance, I forgot how to do that. I just learned how to play fullback in about five minutes.
http://thedailycougar.com/2011/03/29/cougars-impress-scouts-pro-day/

Aqua and Orange
04-05-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/20/2124101/dolphins-book-private-workouts.html

QB's
Ricky Stanzi
Colin Kaepernick
Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Ryan Mallett.
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton

RB's
Mark Ingram
Mickel Leshoure
Ryan Williams
Bilal Powell
Mario Fannin

TE's
D.J. Williams
Julius Thomas

WR's
Ricardo Lockette
Denarius Moore

Wow...somewhere Chad Henne just read this list and a single tear fell down his cheek.

Boomer
04-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Guys, have you not been checking out the Miami Meets section of Draft Winds each week? We've been listing meetings and private workouts for months. There's LOADS more names on there than you have here.

Boomer
04-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Here's the entire list of players interviewed/worked out by Dolphins: (Heights and weights are from their pro days)

QUARTERBACKS:
Blaine Gabbert...... 6-4 234 Missouri
Cam Newton ....... 6-5 245 Auburn
Colin Kaepernick ... 6-5 228 Nevada
Nathan Enderle .... 6-4 234 Idaho
Ryan Mallet ........ 6-7 248 Arkansas
Christian Ponder... 6-2 229 Florida State
Josh Portis ......... 6-3 211 California (PA.)
Andy Dalton ....... 6-2 210 TCU
Jake Locker ........ 6-3 231 Washington
Ricky Stanzi ....... 6-4 224 Iowa
Jeff Van Kamp .... 6-5 218 Florida Atlantic
Tyrod Taylor ...... 6-1 217 Virginia Tech

RUNNINGBACKS:
Mark Ingram ...... 5-9 213 Alabama
Ryan Williams .... 5-10 211 Virginia Tech
Mario Fannin ..... 5-10 229 Auburn
Mikel Leshoure ... 6-0 232 Illinois
Shane Vereen..... 5-10 210 California
Bilal Powell ........ 5-11 207 Louisville
Daniel Thomas .... 6-0 230 Kansas State
Darren Evans...... 5-11 226 Virginia Tech
Stevan Ridley..... 5-11 230 LSU
Roy Helu............ 6-0 220 Nebraska
Taiwan Jones .... 6-0 194 Eastern Washington
Phillip Sylvester .. 5-9 185 Florida A&M
Dion Lewis ........ 5-7 194 Pittsburgh

FULLBACKS:
Matangi Tonga .... 6-2 290 Houston

WIDE RECEIVERS:
Niles Paul.......... 6-1 224 Nebraska
Leonard Hankerson ..6-2 209 Miami (FL.)
Edmund Gates ... 6-0 190 Abilene Christian
Ricardo Lockett .. 6-2 207 Fort Valley State
Courtney Smith ... 6-4 223 South Alabama
Denarius Moore .. 6-0 194 Tennessee
Randall Cobb ..... 5-10 191 Kentucky
Dwayne Harris ....5-10 203 East Carolina
Terrence McCrae.. 6-3 198 Ohio

TIGHT ENDS:
D.J. Williams ....... 6-2 245 Alabama
Virgil Green ........ 6-3 252 Nevada
Julius Thomas ..... 6-4 248 Portland State
Charles Clay ....... 6-3 245 Tulsa
Tommy Gallarda ... 6-5 262 Boise State

CENTERS:
Rodney Hudson .... 6-2 299 Florida State
Ryan Pugh .......... 6-1 307 Auburn
Colin Baxter ........ 6-3 311 Arizona
John Gianninoto ... 6-3 292 UNLV

GUARDS:
Mike Pouncey ...... 6-5 310 Florida
Justin Boren ........ 6-3 311 Ohio State
Will Rackley ........ 6-3 309 Lehigh
Orlando Franklin ... 6-6 319 Miami (FL.)
Byron Bell ........... 6-5 339 New Mexico

TACKLES:
Gabe Carimi ........ 6-7 315 Wisconsin
Marcus Gilbert ..... 6-6 333 Florida
Derek Newton ..... 6-5 314 Arkansas State
Matt Murphy ...... 6-4 304 UNLV
Jah Reid ............ 6-7 321 Central Florida

NOSE TACKLES:
Terrell McClain..... 6-2 291 South Florida

DEFENSIVE ENDS:
J.J. Watt ........... 6-5 290 Wisconsin
Muhammed Wilkerson ..6-4 308 Temple

INSIDE LINEBACKERS:
Bruce Carter ...... 6-2 243 North Carolina
Mason Foster...... 6-1 245 Washington
Mike Mohammed... 6-3 241 California
Cobrani Mixon...... 6-1 241 Kent State
Colin McCarthy .... 6-1 237 Miami (FL.)

OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS:
Von Miller .......... 6-3 245 Texas A&M
Aldon Smith ....... 6-4 263 Missouri
Jaball Sheard ..... 6-3 263 Pittsburgh
Martez Wilson .... 6-4 250 Illinois
Ryan Winterswyk ... 6-4 271 Boise State
Ricky Elmore ...... 6-5 256 Arizona
Brooks Reed ...... 6-3 260 Arizona
D'Andre Reed ..... 6-4 260 Arizona
Montae Simmons .. 6-1 234 Kent State
Keith Darbut ...... 6-4 230 Baldwin-Wallace

CORNERBACKS:
Jimmy Smith ...... 6-2 210 Colorado
Rashad Carmichael .... 5-10 189 Virginia Tech
Cortez Allen ....... 6-1 197 The Citadel
Rod Issac ......... 5-11 182 Middle Tennessee State

SAFETIES:
Brian Lainhart ..... 6-0 211 Kent State
Maurice Rolle ..... 6-0 198 Louisiana-Lafayette
Robert Sands ..... 6-4 217 West Virginia
Mistral Raymond... 6-1 196 South Florida

This list is taken from Draft Winds. Yet there's names missing.