PDA

View Full Version : First 2 picks....QB & RB

normaniii
03-24-2011, 07:41 PM
IMO Ireland & Sparano with first 2 picks will target QB & RB judging by the scheduled meets & workouts.

I was surprised by the lack of meets with Offensive lineman....especially Carimi but watching recent interview with Sparano he seems to be concentrating on stability & depth with Offensive line. He talked about being happy with his OT's (which is a given) but also Berger & Incognito. We know he is a fan of Garner & Jerry so I can see him targeting depth mid-low in draft.

We know Ireland will want to recoup an additional pick....preferably a 2nd and as opposed to others I believe we are in a prime position to trade back. As opposed to others....my reasoning for this is that there is a cluster of DE's projected to go from 15-20.....J.J. Watt - Aldon Smith - Adrian Clayborn & Ryan Kerrigan......with teams such as Jags - NE & San Diego drafting directly behind us also expected to target DE's.

With this in consideration 3 teams IMO will want to trade up....San Diego (who have an extra 2nd & 3rd) - Saints who IMO will target a DE & Denver who have an additional 2nd & together with John Fox who has history of trading up in Carolina.

With these trades in mind and our first 2 picks being QB and RB the best options available would be:-

Trade with San Diego:-
#18 Mark Ingram
#79 Colin Kaepernick / Ricky Stanzi

Trade with Saints :-
#24 Jake Locker / Christian Ponder
#56 Daniel Thomas/Kendall Hunter

Trade with Denver:-
#36 Mike Leshore / Ryan Williams
#47 Ryan Mallet / Andy Dalton

IMO Miami would love Ingram & Kaepernick but I would prefer Locker & Thomas.

Who would you choose?

beanh8er
03-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Denver. Fix your San Diego scenario

kvado16
03-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Ingram and Locker if possible or Ingram and Mallett or Locker, and Ryan Williams.

normaniii
03-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Denver. Fix your San Diego scenario

What do I need to fix?????????

TraderJoe
03-25-2011, 06:40 AM
I would take the Denver scenario all day but Mallet at #47 might be wishful thinking.

uga3406
03-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Ingram and Mallett would be two great picks to have right off the bat but I doubt Miami could get both. Maybe Mallett and Hunter? Not a bad option either.

uga3406
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
I would take the Denver scenario all day but Mallet at #47 might be wishful thinking.

I agree, now way Mallett last's that long.

Roman529
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Round 1: Mikel Leshoure and, Round 2: Christian Ponder

if we trade down.

ry-dbar
03-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Ingram and Mallett is my dream scenario.

uga3406
03-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Ingram and Mallett is my dream scenario.

banging jennifer love hewitt is my dream scenario but such is life..it aint happening

eric1317
03-27-2011, 09:56 AM
If we somehow got Leshoure and Ponder. I'd forget all about the stupidy behind the pat white pick.

spydertl79
03-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Ponder and Ryan Williams would be amazing

EFWilson
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
I just have a feeling the Dolphins "management team" is going to pull a WTF? . I wouldnt be surprised to see a "reach" player picked way too early. Most likely a really good offensive player will fall right into the Dolphins laps at 15 and management will pass on him. I dont have any faith in the front office of the fish. Other than Jake Long ,what have the Dolphins done recently in the draft on the offensive side of the ball?

VAMinnow
03-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Other than Jake Long ,what have the Dolphins done recently in the draft on the offensive side of the ball?

Yes, they have made some misses on the offensive side of the ball. But, I attribute that to having too many hands in the cookie jar. BP, Henning, David Lee, Ireland, Sparano, and Karl Dorrell. I just think there were too many different chiefs and philosophies in that draft room for the offensive picks to be constructive. Some of those hands have been removed and maybe they can all get on the same page.

Not all picks have been bad. I would like to know who was responsible for the Hartline pick and the Bess pickup. Who am I missing, is that really all the good Offensive draft picks?

phinfan1983
03-27-2011, 02:47 PM

if we trade down.

I could live with this. However, I would go for an athletic pass catching TE in the second round and the best RB in the 3rd.

EFWilson
03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Yes, they have made some misses on the offensive side of the ball. But, I attribute that to having too many hands in the cookie jar. BP, Henning, David Lee, Ireland, Sparano, and Karl Dorrell. I just think there were too many different chiefs and philosophies in that draft room for the offensive picks to be constructive. Some of those hands have been removed and maybe they can all get on the same page.

Not all picks have been bad. I would like to know who was responsible for the Hartline pick and the Bess pickup. Who am I missing, is that really all the good Offensive draft picks?

Bess was a FA. Hartline is OK, but isnt someone that keeps the other teams DC awake at night worrying about.

EFWilson
03-27-2011, 03:44 PM

if we trade down.

These would be great picks for the Dolphins.

ry-dbar
03-27-2011, 03:49 PM
banging jennifer love hewitt is my dream scenario but such is life..it aint happening
Haha.... I know. Have to go with Lacy Chabert as my wet dream scenario.

normaniii
03-28-2011, 06:13 AM
These would be great picks for the Dolphins.

I agree but if we trade down I dont think Ponder lasts that long in 2nd round

j-off-her-doll
03-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Ponder and Hunter would be my preference, but I'd also be happy with Mallet and Hunter or Mallett and Ryan Williams.