PDA

View Full Version : 3/25/11 draft

felipen123
03-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Trade down to the bottom of the draft, like with the Bears.
Also sign a FA rb like michael bush or steve slaton and RESIGN Ronnie Brown.

for example and possibly draft like this

1) Danny Watkins OL (nasty Olineman who plays any line position, had an amazing senior bowl and good combine)
2) Kyle Rudolph TE
3) Jaquizz Rogers RB (speed 3rd down back who can is DANGEROUS after the catch, also a great RETURNER)
4) Greg McElroy QB
5) Kendrick Ellis NT (very valuable depth in our 3-4 defense)
6) Matt Marcorelle OLB (depth at OLB, a really underrated 3-4 pass rusher) http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/football/roster08-marcorelle.html

7) Byron Maxwell CB ( one of the top hardest hitting DB's in college football, provides depth and special teams)

7) Shaky Smithson KR/PR (we have NO RETURNERS and the worst special teams) http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smithson_shaky00.html

beanh8er
03-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Draft forum but would be satisfied.

kvado16
03-24-2011, 07:58 PM
So you would be content with us taking a 27 year old linemen in the first round?

felipen123
03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
yeah ofcourse i will especiAally if he can come in day 1 and produce and actually PLAY like a OLineman, most OL last til theyre late 30's... he can easily do 10-12 seasons.

beanh8er
03-24-2011, 08:01 PM
So you would be content with us taking a 27 year old linemen in the first round?

Didn't know this as I haven't looked at any oline prospects but no I would be furious.

Built2Win
03-24-2011, 08:07 PM
more tvs get broke on this day than any other
bestbuy loves draft day and when fans across the country
throw coors light through the tv screen..

i cant wait to see the reaction of fans and the homerism spins
and the dreaded why us worst picks ever..
when its all said and done
we are somewhere in the middle ..

hooshoops
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
danny watkins can play...yeah he's 27 years old but he's only been playin football for like 4 years and he's not a finished product...he played a high level left tackle at baylor this year and imo offers some pro tackle versatility despite less than ideal arm length...good feet good hand strength solid technique...lit the senior bowl week up

he's gonna start at guard for someone from jump street... he's still got 8 good years of football in him

Fintastic2124
03-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Regardless if he can come in and produce week one....you don't draft a 27 year old ANYTHING in round one. I would go around breaking all of my tv's if that was the case.

TraderJoe
03-25-2011, 06:46 AM
I would give up if that was our offseason.

Chubby
03-25-2011, 08:34 AM
I would give up if that was our offseason.
Giving up is for girls........ and Bill Parcells.
Chubbs

j-off-her-doll
03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Drafting an OG in the first round is stupid - especially considering our needs.

hooshoops
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM
my point is at least that at the very bottom of the first like the op has in this scenario watkins is good value...we could do a whole hell of a lot worse...whether i'd do it or not is another thing though

i think killing the kids age at least in this scenario as he's not a finished product is overblown...but to each his own

Buff
03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Regardless if he can come in and produce week one....you don't draft a 27 year old ANYTHING in round one. I would go around breaking all of my tv's if that was the case.

Cant understand this logic at all. If he comes in & produces straight away to a high level, then obviously that would be a great draft pick. Or would you rather draft a prospect at 24 that takes three years to learn the game then start him? No different really.

Chubby
03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Needs in Order
QB
RB
TE
OG
SOLB

The order I would Prioritize my draft in though is:

QB
TE
RB
OG
SOLB

mrhankey81701
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
A 27 year old guard. Reminds me of when we drafted a 26 year old quarterback and people said don't worry about his age

hooshoops
03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
you don't have to wait for 3 years to get a high end return on an older interior olineman like you would most likely with a older qb...only way you take a guard that high anyways is if you plan on plugging him to a starting role from jump street

its a totally different level learning curve at qb than guard...

Elliott 1
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
I think Watkins would be available in the mid 2nd if the Pats don't draft him. I think his value is in the mid to late 2nd.

Kendrick Ellis is going to be a beast, but not for three years, and he is projected to go in the 2nd round. You need to make an adjustment to your mock with this pick, it is unrealistic.