PDA

View Full Version : What if there's no Heisman winner at #15?

MexDolfan
03-25-2011, 04:18 AM
I've working on a mock draft scenario where there's no Heisman as Cam Newton goes first and Mark Ingram is picked by Detroit.

My logic here is that Carolina has a new HC and that normally means new QB, so Ron Rivera might select Cam Newton over Gabbert. Also as Denver has few need for a passer, Chan Gailey takes less than 1 second to announce Blaine Gabbert as his new quarterback.

Then I'm arguing Detroit Lions can solidify a stunning running attack with Ingram pairing Best, so our pick on most draft mocks goes earlier than expected.

Should we pick defense? Any other suggestion?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/jr9sn9-1.png

JCane
03-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Absolutely no way Von Miller falls to 15.

MRojas4
03-25-2011, 06:42 AM
Dude, Von Miller will be going top 5 I'll put my house on it.

But to answer your question, if Ingram, Cam and Gabbert are gone at 15....

TRADE DOWN!

For all the Mallet lovers he will either be going late 20's or 2nd rounder, so get that 2nd round pick back by trading down, get Mallet and one of the other RB's.

TraderJoe
03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
If Miller is there at 15 my suggestion would be to pinch ourselves then sprint that card up there.

JCane
03-25-2011, 06:53 AM
If Miller is there at 15 my suggestion would be to pinch ourselves then sprint that card up there.

Or in the case of this bumbling operation, pass over Von Miller and reach for a guy.

Kdawg954
03-25-2011, 09:40 AM
They probably take JJ Watt :err:

Buff
03-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Thats an odd scenario, but interesting.

Detroit MUST draft a left tackle in round 1 to keep Stafford healthy. If they need a RB, then they will grab one in the 2nd or 3rd.

If Miller gets by Buffalo, then the Cards will draft him. If he gets past the Cards then the 49ers will nab him. I none of this happens then I will be stunned. If he falls to us, which he wont, then we should draft him. No doubt. You do not leave one of the very best players in the draft at any spot fall past you. (yeah yeah, we did that last year....)

rrrrphin
03-25-2011, 12:34 PM
If no Heisman winner is available at #15, it would be the 46th consecutive year the Dolphins do not draft a Heisman trophy winner.

We've never drafted one before...why draft one now.

Tunaphish429
03-25-2011, 01:16 PM
If Miller is there I will cream in my panties.

sn9ke.eyes
03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not saying Ingram won't be gone by 15, I just don't think it will be the Lions if that happens.

finsfanjay13
03-25-2011, 05:54 PM
If Von Miller is around at #15 and if Ireland, Sparano, etc pass on him, they should be fired on the spot. No chance to even finish the draft. Fire their *****.

Ikema
03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Miller would be a dream come true, but I see us trading down, if Miller's gone, and going OL

tay0365
03-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I've working on a mock draft scenario where there's no Heisman as Cam Newton goes first and Mark Ingram is picked by Detroit.

My logic here is that Carolina has a new HC and that normally means new QB, so Ron Rivera might select Cam Newton over Gabbert. Also as Denver has few need for a passer, Chan Gailey takes less than 1 second to announce Blaine Gabbert as his new quarterback.

Then I'm arguing Detroit Lions can solidify a stunning running attack with Ingram pairing Best, so our pick on most draft mocks goes earlier than expected.

Should we pick defense? Any other suggestion?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/jr9sn9-1.png

I want Offense, but if Miller is still there, and we take him, I think i will need to go in the bathroom to clean myself.....no way Von Miller reaches us

MP-Omnis
03-25-2011, 11:00 PM
I would **** my pants if we got Miller at 15.

sinPHIN
03-25-2011, 11:30 PM
a couple things... i dont see detriot taking another rb, they need help on the the line and d. second there is no way miller falls to us, but if there we would be the dumbest team in the league not to take him.

Roman529
03-25-2011, 11:48 PM
If Newton, Gabbert and Ingram are gone we should try and trade down. If we cannot trade down I don't want Mallett (too many character issues) or Locker (too inaccurate). How would you guys feel about taking QB, Christian Ponder of Florida State if we cannot trade down? We need to get a franchise QB.

sinPHIN
03-26-2011, 12:50 AM
If Newton, Gabbert and Ingram are gone we should try and trade down. If we cannot trade down I don't want Mallett (too many character issues) or Locker (too inaccurate). How would you guys feel about taking QB, Christian Ponder of Florida State if we cannot trade down? We need to get a franchise QB.

i just dont see ponder being that guy. i agree about mallett but he is the best pure passer in the draft. remember alot of people were saying alot of the same things about marino when he came out(no im not saying he will be the next marino). i think in that situation take mallett or trade down. if we cant trade down we will probly reach for a player maybe pouncy or another oline. but heck i wouldnt be surprised that if we cant find a partner and the regime is high on the nevada qb, we will probly reach, but i doubt it comes down to that.

footsteps_falco
03-26-2011, 04:32 AM
what if gabbert newton mallett and ingram are gone? would we take locker?

sinPHIN
03-26-2011, 04:39 AM
what if gabbert newton mallett and ingram are gone? would we take locker?

imo no bc of the accuracy issue. we dont need another qb like that. just go with someone like stanzi later. i just dont see locker or ponder franchise guys. ponder more than locker but not high on him at all. i actually like stanzi and dalton better, but what do i know