PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Alex Green

Elliott 1
03-26-2011, 02:49 AM
The Dolphins will draft Alex Green.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114323&draftyear=2011&genpos=RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK0VmrZIGSI&feature=related:hump:

justdev7
03-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Yet another reason why we absolutely should not take a RB in the first round

RobertHorry
03-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Umm, don't think so. He runs way too upright and those are some of the biggest holes for a RB to run through I have ever seen. Imagine a back like Bilal Powell with those holes or Mike LeShoure

miamiron
03-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Our offensive line doesn't do "holes"

Fintastic2124
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Those holes are never going to happen on this team. The guy did run upright and never really bulldozed guys over.

j-off-her-doll
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Good player. Definitely worth a look in the later rounds.

Mr. Magoo
03-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Given his experience blocking and catching out of the backfield, I'd have to say he's definitely a target. We met with him at the Combine, and he fits the profile relative to size (meaning, he's not Noel Devine).

I agree with Robert Horry that every clip I've found of him he's running through gigantic holes... enough where it's hard to see what his vision is like at the second level because there frequently is no second level. He runs a bit too high -- but then again so does Bilal Powell, and I love Powell.

In my opinion, though, predicting any one back that we're going to end up with is sort of folly. My notes on the UD "Miami Meets" section of their columns combined with other stray things that I read have us meeting with and/or working out 18 different draft eligible backs so far (19, if you include Charles Clay as a fullback rather than a tight end).

hooshoops
03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
charles clay=man without a position in the pros

best thing i see out of alex green is the ability to be a receiver out of the backfield

BlueFin
03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Runners are always available later.

hooshoops
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
watching that video all alex green is is a one speed back...there's absolutely no burst whatsoever on that...no burst into the hole no burst after making a cut...all one speed...and CRATER size holes to run thru

that guy wouldn't carry the rock for me

JC
03-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I mean, there were plays where he wasn't even touched. That is not the type of runner this FO looks for. The NFL will never have holes that big.

justdev7
03-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Umm, don't think so. He runs way too upright and those are some of the biggest holes for a RB to run through I have ever seen. Imagine a back like Bilal Powell with those holes or Mike LeShoure

This is true

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Elliott 1
03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
I mean, there were plays where he wasn't even touched. That is not the type of runner this FO looks for. The NFL will never have holes that big.

I guess when he saw those gaping holes he should have stopped and waited for some tacklers to come so he could impress everyone with his power and elusivness.

I mean how could he be so brash as to run through holes in the DL?

Right, the Dolphin FO really hates these guys who bust it through holes.

Hey, I didn't start this thread to brag up Green. I'm on record as wanting DeMarco Murray, but this post is ridiculous.

beanh8er
03-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I guess when he saw those gaping holes he should have stopped and waited for some tacklers to come so he could impress everyone with his power and elusivness.

Hey, I didn't start this thread to brag up Green. I'm on record as wanting DeMarco Murray, but this post is ridiculous.

Not what he meant at all. If a guy has holes you can drive a truck through, that guy is going to be successful. They want to see a guy who doesn't have huge holes to run through because that is a true indicator of a RBs skill. How can you evaluate someone who just runs straight through a designed opening every time.

Elliott 1
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Not what he meant at all. If a guy has holes you can drive a truck through, that guy is going to be successful. They want to see a guy who doesn't have huge holes to run through because that is a true indicator of a RBs skill. How can you evaluate someone who just runs straight through a designed opening every time.

That's easy, you watch the full video of the games the guy played, instead of highlight films that are, of course, going to show the big plays the player was involved in. The thing with Green is, he had a lot of big plays.

hooshoops
03-26-2011, 07:21 PM

so is wanting demarco murray