PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft

beanh8er
03-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Trade back with the Saints for the 24th overall and 56th overall pick. Also our 2 7ths for the Patriots 6th.
Round 1- Ryan Mallet-QB-Arkansas What needs to be said about him?
Round 2- Danny Watkins OG Baylor. May be 27 but plays well in space and can reach the second level and has the mean streak our FO loves.
Round 3- Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin. Good seam busting TE. With SPEED. 4.5 pro day.
Round 4- Denarius Moore WR Tennessee. Best deep threat in the draft. Had the highest YPC in college football. Only player w/ two 200+ yard receiving games ever. 4.43 40 at the combine 4.37 pro day.
Round 5- Bilal Powell RB Louisville. Good powerful runner. Not going to make many people miss but a good between the tackles guy.
Round 6a- Da'Rel Scott RB Maryland. Homerun 3DRB. 4.3 speed. Averaged 12.1 YPC his senior season.
Round 6b- Julius Thomas TE Portland State. Raw, athletic TE but a very good pass catcher.
Round 7- Ryan Bartholomew C Syracuse. Physical freak. Fastest 40 time for an oline player and the second most bench reps.

Go ahead and hate this draft. Note that I believe our defense just needs depth via FA and our starters are good for now.

sinPHIN
03-26-2011, 10:23 PM
im down. maybe someone else in the second, but i wouldnt mind.

BostonPhin4
03-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Other than the second round i'm a fan. I want to pick up a RB earlier rather than later. I'd also like to pick up a ILB in the 3-5 range.

But anybody that picks Mallet in the 1st is a friend of mine.

beanh8er
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Other than the second round i'm a fan. I want to pick up a RB earlier rather than later. I'd also like to pick up a ILB in the 3-5 range.

But anybody that picks Mallet in the 1st is a friend of mine.

What's wrong with that second round? I think he'll be a good player with a good 8-10 years left in him as a good player. We need line help and I have him as a guard but in a pinch he can play tackle. I was thinking about a Delone Carter in the 4th but Moore was calling me.

MiamiDolphin618
03-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I love this draft. If it shook out like this I would be elated. I personally might switch Powell with a 3rd down pass rusher if someone fell that we liked. I think Scott has shot up some draft boards as well so I doubt he would be there in the 6th. I love the first 4 rounds though.

beanh8er
03-26-2011, 10:46 PM
I love this draft. If it shook out like this I would be elated. I personally might switch Powell with a 3rd down pass rusher if someone fell that we liked. I think Scott has shot up some draft boards as well so I doubt he would be there in the 6th. I love the first 4 rounds though.

In the late rounds im just trying to place guys that fill needs that have the potential of being there so these guys are at the lower end of their stock and I'm hoping they slide a bit. If there's a solid pass rusher that's sitting there in the 5th I wouldn't be opposed to that at all.

BostonPhin4
03-26-2011, 11:32 PM
What's wrong with that second round? I think he'll be a good player with a good 8-10 years left in him as a good player. We need line help and I have him as a guard but in a pinch he can play tackle. I was thinking about a Delone Carter in the 4th but Moore was calling me.

Dont get me wrong I don't think it is a bad pick by any means I am just looking to take a RB if we re-acquire a second round pick. Outside of the top 3-4 backs I am not really sold on the later round guys so I'd like to take care of that position along with qb as soon as possible.

hooshoops
03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
good luck getting watkins at #56...he's getting first round love...maybe you get him in the top 40

but pick 56...good luck

beanh8er
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
good luck getting watkins at #56...he's getting first round love...maybe you get him in the top 40

but pick 56...good luck

Thanks.