PDA

View Full Version : Ingram maybe doing Fins a trade down favour

jamvinny
03-28-2011, 06:59 AM
With so many experts grading Mark Ingram at our 15 spot, I am sure this is making Ireland happy to get that second rd pick back as there must be teams drafting below us who are in love with Ingram.

I'm not a mock draft man but here goes- If they were to trade down into the low 20s. I can see them taking Leonard Hankerson, by some accounts (CK i think?) he is a Miles Austin prototype and DJ Williams in the 2nd who would provide the seam as the second TE in Daboll's scheme.

My feeling is that they want to nail down the depth and add to the current core of the offense in this year's draft.

thejetssuck
03-28-2011, 07:23 AM
With so many experts grading Mark Ingram at our 15 spot, I am sure this is making Ireland happy to get that second rd pick back as there must be teams drafting below us who are in love with Ingram.

I'm not a mock draft man but here goes- If they were to trade down into the low 20s. I can see them taking Leonard Hankerson, by some accounts (CK i think?) he is a Miles Austin prototype and DJ Williams in the 2nd who would provide the seam as the second TE in Daboll's scheme.

My feeling is that they want to nail down the depth and add to the current core of the offense in this year's draft.

No point in drafting Ingram and DJ when your QB ****ing BLOWS!!!

Try again!

Roonnette
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
If some team is in love with Ingram, and they think Dolphins will draft Ingram, they will not call the Dolphins to trade. They will trade with some other team ahead of Dolphins. They will try to jump the Dolphins.

foozool13
03-28-2011, 02:20 PM
If some team is in love with Ingram, and they think Dolphins will draft Ingram, they will not call the Dolphins to trade. They will trade with some other team ahead of Dolphins. They will try to jump the Dolphins.

Yup!

jamvinny
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM

You are most probably right. But then again.....

All I know for certain at this point is there are many opinions and long may we continue to hear them to fill the void during this offseason.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-28-2011, 06:01 PM
The Giants could give us their 19th and 52nd in return for our 15th (so they beat the pats to the punch) and Channing Crowder. Sounds good to me.

jonanthans
03-29-2011, 02:21 AM
How bout we just give the Giants Crowder? Either way it works for me!

spydertl79
03-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Hankerson in the first would be a disaster... we don't need a WR badly enough to reach on someone in the late first.

jamvinny
03-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Hankerson in the first would be a disaster... we don't need a WR badly enough to reach on someone in the late first.

I just mooted Hankerson as a late first round prospect that might be available. He also fits this regime's fit in terms of size, speed and college program.

I'm not sure what my reactions would be if we drafted him at that spot. Most probably underwhelmed similar to when we picked Odrick. Neither ecstatic or disgruntled.

Personally I would take Mallett and see what he can offer. Its time that we actively find that franchise QB and make it a priority until we find that QB. Ponder should also be given serious consideration.

miamiron
03-29-2011, 03:12 PM
The Giants could give us their 19th and 52nd in return for our 15th (so they beat the pats to the punch) and Channing Crowder. Sounds good to me.

Can't trade players please try again

greasyObnoxious
03-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Hankerson at least carries a first-round grade from a lot of people. now, Colin Kaepernick in round 1, that's a disaster

finsfanjay13
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
You can get DJ Williams in the third, it seems. I've seen some mocks having him go in the 4th. Furthermore, I wouldn't use my 2nd on a TE unless it was Rudolph.

Elliott 1
03-29-2011, 05:33 PM
No team is trading up for Ingram. He may not even be drafted in the 1st round. I relly hope he doesn't accept an invitation to the draft. It would be awkward as heck to watch him sit there until the Broncos draft him in the 2nd.

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
You can get DJ Williams in the third, it seems. I've seen some mocks having him go in the 4th. Furthermore, I wouldn't use my 2nd on a TE unless it was Rudolph.

i agree with that...no top 2 round te for me other than rudolph...but i think he's a 1st round worthy pick and someone i would consider in a trade down into the 20's...if he works out at his pro day and runs well watch his stock rise as the draft approaches

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
No team is trading up for Ingram. He may not even be drafted in the 1st round. I relly hope he doesn't accept an invitation to the draft. It would be awkward as heck to watch him sit there until the Broncos draft him in the 2nd.

i'll give ya one thing elliott...your not afraid to go out on your own limb...pick #34...a lot of guys overrating straight line speed if that happens

SCOTTY
03-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Brady Quinn 2.0 Ouch! Stay home Ingram.

twix2500
03-29-2011, 07:20 PM

We are trying to trade down, but we are not going to draft a reciever in the first two rounds. Personally i would love to draft Hankerson with a late first or second rounder, but the phins have pretty much shown that they are not interested in putting big money in that position. Its likely will a reciever in the later rounds like Demarius Moore or Terrence Tolliver.

Our first picks will likely be QB and TE may be Running back.