PDA

View Full Version : Who's got a list of QB's the Dolphins have brought in for a private workout?

datruth55
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Seems I keep reading about QB's the Dolphins have met with. Obviously they intend on taking a QB at some point in this draft. So far I've seen:

Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Ricky Stanzi
Colin Kaepernick
and ESPN is reporting that Ryan Mallet is now coming in for a workout. Who am I missing? There's been no interest that I've seen in Jake Locker which means we actually have no interest or we're throwing everyone for a loop and plan on taking him.

Anyone know if we've talked with Pat Devlin, Nathan Enderle, Andy Dalton, Greg McElroy, T.J Yates or any others?

Mr. Magoo
03-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I compile these in a little txt file on my desktop, complete with notations (when available) about the nature of the meeting.

With credit going to those who first reported these, here it is:

Blaine Gabbert, QB Missouri (private workout)

Cam Newton, QB Auburn (combine) (will come for private workout)

Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas (combine) (private workout)

Nathan Enderle, QB Idaho (combine) (have done much work, according to Omar Kelly)

Colin Kaepernick, QB Nevada (also at Senior Bowl) (combine) (+ private workout scheduled for late March)

Jake Locker, QB Washington (combine) (will come for private workout)

Christian Ponder, QB Florida State (combine) (private workout)

Andy Dalton, QB TCU (combine) (also interview with Parcells present) (also at pro day -- two scouts) (private workout)

Josh Portis, QB California (PA) (combine) also at Texas vs. the Nation (also private workout)

Adam Weber, QB Minnesota

Ben Chappell, QB Indiana (at school pro day)

Pat Devlin, QB Delaware (school pro day)

Tyrod Taylor, QB Virginia Tech (private workout)

I forgot to include the Ricky Stanzi thing, which I just heard about yesterday.

Roonnette
03-28-2011, 01:16 PM
In other words, they are heavily scouting QBs.

Mr. Magoo
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
In other words, they are heavily scouting QBs.

They're heavily scouting a lot of positions, as they should. The master list with every prospect it's been reported they've talked to is pretty long. But as you'd guess, the list of running backs they've talked to is just as long if not longer than the list of every defensive player they've talked to.

hooshoops
03-28-2011, 01:26 PM
They're heavily scouting a lot of positions, as they should. The master list with every prospect it's been reported they've talked to is pretty long. But as you'd guess, the list of running backs they've talked to is just as long if not longer than the list of every defensive player they've talked to.

demarco murray on that list???

Mr. Magoo
03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
demarco murray on that list???

No.