PDA

View Full Version : School bus driver arrested for texting

BAMAPHIN 22
03-29-2011, 11:24 AM
A Trumbull school bus driver is trying to stay out of jail after she was caught texting whiling driving.
Evelyn Guzman of Stratford was arrested earlier this month, and charged with risk of injury to a minor and reckless endangerment after police say she was sending and receiving hundreds of texts while behind the wheel of a Trumbull school bus.

First Student Bus Company has removed Guzman from behind the wheel of her school bus. Now it's up to the courts to decide what happens next.

Each one of the buses rolling out of First Student holds dozens of students.
Trumbull Police say ,47-year-old Guzman put her young passengers in danger repeatedly as she was texting while driving.

Police say it was all caught on surveillance cameras, but the video is not being released because it is evidence in the case.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/school-bus-driver-arrested-for-texting-

nyjunc
03-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I think she should be arrested and obviously fired. A friend of mine died when a bus driver spilled coffee while driving caucing her to lose control of the bus, texting or any other distratcion could result in the same fate for any other child and now I have a son in kindergarten taking the bus so if I saw a driver texting or talking on their phone I'd be livid. It puts the children in danger. Just focus on driving the bus and getting the kids to and from school safely.