PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton is a phony according to reports

Roman529
03-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I wonder whether the Phins feel the same way about Newton, and whether they would take him if he drops to #15:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/PFW-Draft-Guide-rips-Newton-personally-8211-h?urn=nfl-wp657

Chubby
03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Every player in this draft has been taught how to respond to almost every question and how to present themselves, its all scripted.

This guy is just mad that Newton has the personality to be the best at it :)
Chubbs

Roman529
03-29-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with having a little "swagger." I think you want to have a QB who is confident. Newton was under all kinds of pressure the last couple months of his final year in college and he still won the Heisman and the NCAA title. If other teams are going to pass on him and he drops to #15, I would grab him. If the guy we want is not there, than I think we trade down and see if we can recoup our 2nd rounder.

ryanosaur2000
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with having a little "swagger." I think you want to have a QB who is confident. Newton was under all kinds of pressure the last couple months of his final year in college and he still won the Heisman and the NCAA title. If other teams are going to pass on him and he drops to #15, I would grab him. If the guy we want is not there, than I think we trade down and see if we can recoup our 2nd rounder.

"Swagger " should go unspoken and just be palpable in my opinion. Verbalised swagger is nothing more than arrogance. I am sure you are right though mate, there is no way we pass up on him if he somehow dropped that far.

SirDrums
03-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I think we should stay away from newton. I think he spells drama.

Elliott 1
03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been saying this for months.

Dolphin39
03-29-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm liking Ponder more and more each day.

Especially with the writeup provided by CK and his buddies.

j-off-her-doll
03-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Brady and Manning must be the most genuine guys in the world. I'm sure of it. Nawaragukawami comes off as utterly useless tool.

JCane
03-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Cam is not going to cut it at the NFL level.

I don't know why it's so hard for some to differentiate the college game from the NFL.

His game doesn't translate well at all. If we take Cam Newton it is a wasted WASTED pick.