PDA

View Full Version : "Highly Unlikely" that Dolphins will draft Mallet.....

justdev7
03-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I really hope this isn't true and I'd like to know what sources the article is referring to. I think our representatives at the workout today would have to be blind to not see the rare talent that Mallet has. But we've seen crazier things happen.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f002c4/article/dolphins-arkansas-interest-is-in-te-williams?module=HP_headlines

Roonnette
03-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Now, that would be perfect smokescreen, for those who like to scream "smokescreen!"

As in: "No we are not interested, you can rest assured he will drop to you, no need to jump us."

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
"and with the 15th pick of the 2011 draft (with mark ingram and ryan mallet still in the board room awaiting thier names to be called) the miami dolphins select qb colin kaepernick nevada"

:blowup:

justdev7
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
"and with the 15th pick of the 2011 draft (with mark ingram and ryan mallet still in the board room awaiting thier names to be called) the miami dolphins select qb colin kaepernick nevada"

:blowup:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not funny because it could actually happen.

HurriPhin
03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Sweet. Bring on Ingram. #22 jersey is waiting in your locker.

greasyObnoxious
03-29-2011, 04:11 PM
are we telegraphing our picks already?

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
whats with the kaep love...i love the idea that these guys want ingram if its true but the kap stuff makes me sick...i'm beginning to think its a lock that if dj williams is there when our 3rd rounder comes up he will be a dolphin

greasyObnoxious
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
whats with the kaep love...i love the idea that these guys want ingram if its true but the kap stuff makes me sick...i'm beginning to think its a lock that if dj williams is there when our 3rd rounder comes up he will be a dolphin

that wouldn't be too bad. actually, Ingram at #15 and D.J. Williams in round 3 would make me pretty happy

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
are we telegraphing our picks already?

if someone wants to trump us its not hard to figure out who and where they must...sure seems that way anyways

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

that wouldn't be too bad. actually, Ingram at #15 and D.J. Williams in round 3 would make me pretty happy

it's the kaep part that stinks...no thanks...not in the top 3 rounds...ugh

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 04:21 PM
if we are going to an h back role who better fits that in this draft than dj williams...its a perfect fit...our own chris cooley

justdev7
03-29-2011, 04:22 PM

I don't know. I'm not a fan of Ingram at #15 but if we pick Kapernick at #15 I would lose my f****** mind.

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't know. I'm not a fan of Ingram at #15 but if we pick Kapernick at #15 I would lose my f****** mind.

it wouldn't take but a few totes of the rock with ingram in that aqua and orange before you'd change your tune...he's top 5 bpa for me all day long...i'm not afraid to throw it out there...

difference maker...best to come out at his position in years

3rdandinches
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Guys on Sirius radio said it best.....

SD trades us a 2nd round pick to move up to 12 to take R.Mathews and he gets thoroughly out played by M.Tolbert. Two back sets have made RB's 2nd round and later selections, I hope we follow suit and draft our franchise QB instead.

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Guys on Sirius radio said it best.....

SD trades us a 2nd round pick to move up to 12 to take R.Mathews and he gets thoroughly out played by M.Tolbert. Two back sets have made RB's 2nd round and later selections, I hope we follow suit and draft our franchise QB instead.

i can absolutely see where you guys are coming from...but i'd bet money that tolbert doesn't out play ryan matthews if he's healthy this year...and again the chargers have a top 5 qb which helps a running game tremendously

MRojas4
03-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Not sure whats with the Ryan Mallet Kool-Aid going around FH.

The guy looks like a stud at a combine and pro day and all of a sudden people are slobbering all over Mallet?

He was average at Arkansas, anyone seen his bowl games? Choke City.

I'd take Mallet in the second just like basically any other QB in this draft. Sure, QB is the corner stone of a franchise but I don't see any QB in this draft turning into a elite franchise QB.

Not Gabbert, not Newton, not Ponder.....none, 0, zilch.

hooshoops
03-29-2011, 05:06 PM

The guy looks like a stud at a combine and pro day and all of a sudden people are slobbering all over Mallet?

I'd take Mallet in the second just like basically any other QB in this draft. Sure, QB is the corner stone of a franchise but I don't see any QB in this draft turning into a legitamite franchise QB.

i don't know that i can agree that 3 to 1 td to int ratio in the sec is average...

justdev7
03-29-2011, 10:48 PM

I'd take Mallet in the second just like basically any other QB in this draft. Sure, QB is the corner stone of a franchise but I don't see any QB in this draft turning into a elite franchise QB.

Nothing about mallet is average

Aqua and Orange
03-30-2011, 02:06 PM

2nd round QBs are the ugly prom dates. Sure, you have a date...but do you really want to brag about it?

This franchise needs to make a strong commitment to QB, showing the same level of trust and value to finding what will be seen as their leader in the locker room. There is tons of talk about Henne not having the confidence to be a vocal leader, but this team (right down to his draft slot) has done little to ensure that they trust him long term.

3rdandinches
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM

2009 3624yds - 9.0avg - 30TD - 7ints
2010 3869yds - 9.4avg - 32TD - 12ints

very average, nice call!

t2thejz
03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank you. A strong arm does not= Talent. Most of the QB's look good in shorts without having to read defenses. I've watched plenty of Mallet and I'll pass

t2thejz
03-30-2011, 02:19 PM
2009 3624yds - 9.0avg - 30TD - 7ints
2010 3869yds - 9.4avg - 32TD - 12ints

very average, nice call!

What were JaMArcus Russells stats at LSU?

3rdandinches
03-30-2011, 02:45 PM
What were JaMArcus Russells stats at LSU?

JR - Zero days of film study
RM - Study Junky

those are the only "stats" that matter comparing Ryan Mallett to Jamarcus Russell!

t2thejz
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't claim to be a draft expert. Lord knows I'm more often wrong than right with predictions but everytime I've watched Mallett I come away unimpressed. Does not seem like a leader to me. I'd rather take my chances with Henne and I am not a fan of him either but he is already on the roster. We'll see. If we do draft Mallett I will support him and wait to see if I'm proven wrong. I'm not totally against drafting him because you have to take chances on QB's but I am not seeing what everybody else sees.