PDA

View Full Version : Armondo Salguero says all sources telling him dolphins want to trade down.

Built2Win
03-30-2011, 12:36 AM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/03/the-dolphins-are-on-the-road-general-manager-jeff-ireland-head-coach-tony-sparano-and-offensive-coordinator-brian-daboll-a.html

Supposedly the dolphins brass believe this is a deep draft..

Says the reason why mallet drops is he lacks leadership skills..

I think trading down makes sense for a team that has quite a few holes to fill..
If they truly think the best couple guys are off the board thoughts?

Is it concerning you they are taking a serious look at tyrod taylor?

spydertl79
03-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Tyrod Taylor is a great athlete... I have no problem with the team evaluating him and trying to find a place for him to contribute.

Trading down makes sense if we're looking to draft a QB or an OL. If we want a RB then Ingram at #15 would be a fantastic pick.

I think if Cincy takes a QB in the 1st then we could end up shipping our first rounder to them for Carson Palmer.

#1dolphinsfan
03-30-2011, 02:02 AM
no **** we want to trade down would have never guessed that

AJ Duhe
03-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Tyrod Taylor is a great athlete... I have no problem with the team evaluating him and trying to find a place for him to contribute.

Trading down makes sense if we're looking to draft a QB or an OL. If we want a RB then Ingram at #15 would be a fantastic pick.

I think if Cincy takes a QB in the 1st then we could end up shipping our first rounder to them for Carson Palmer.

We can't trade a pick for a player without a new CBA in place. There will be no player movement in this draft until the CBA is resolved.

39wildman
03-30-2011, 02:53 AM
why would u trade for carson palmer he suck... keep hene

DKphin
03-30-2011, 03:24 AM
no **** we want to trade down would have never guessed that
Yeah, I think Armando is a little late to the party. People have been saying this for the last month.:rolleyes2:

Valandui
03-30-2011, 03:41 AM
First, is anyone really surprised by this? Second, who in their right mind would trade a first rounder for Carson Palmer, especially with his contract?

RobertHorry
03-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Wtf.

I played against Andre Smith in High School. He lined up against me a bunch of times in our OT game and covered me when he spammed the flats at Defensive End.

Wow, I remember playing against him vividly.

Nublar7
03-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Not really news, anybody who follows this team knew a long time ago that they prefer to trade down.

CNNChris
03-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Miami should try to trade back BIG time, like to the late 20s, and then pickup an early 2nd rounder. Thus you get a Jake Locker and Ryan Williams (RB). To me thats a successful draft. Perhaps get a Wr/Te in the 3rd

NY8123
03-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Armondo Salguero says all sources telling him dolphins want to trade down.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolpns13
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
We already have a QB with no leadership skills.

Chubby
03-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Do you really expect this Regime to do anything but the safe thing? Its in their DNA. We just have to deal with it for 1 more year.

While I think trading down to pick up a 2nd rounder is a valid option, i wouldnt want them to do it if one of the top 2 QB's are there for the taking. But if both choices are available to them I have no doubt in my mind which path they take.
Chubbs

NY8123
03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Do you really expect this Regime to do anything but the safe thing? Its in their DNA. We just have to deal with it for 1 more year.

While I think trading down to pick up a 2nd rounder is a valid option, i wouldnt want them to do it if one of the top 2 QB's are there for the taking. But if both choices are available to them I have no doubt in my mind which path they take.
Chubbs

What comes first Miami taking a risk in the draft or Armando writing something worth reading?

Chubbs - you may have just found the perpetual motion machine.

Tunaphish429
03-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Makes sense..I just hope it does not backfire.

Cloudy
03-30-2011, 09:00 AM
It's very hard for me to not get excited about the Draft. I hope Dolphins come out with some stellar moves.

xxGrizzxx
03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Can someone tell me who they think will move up. im looking at this deep draft (we are told) and wondering who pulls the trigger. New England? Their love of stacking picks makes them a team that may want to move the 28 pick up whilst keeping their other in play and giving up one of their 2nds but would this happen. Is there going to be anyone of need. Im just accepting we are stuck with the 15th and need to plan accordingly. If its 15 and a 3rd there is no way we take a RB when this deep class (we are told) holds a few mid round gems. If thats the case do we go QB... history suggests not. Confused, oh yes.

insomnia411
03-30-2011, 09:22 AM
If we can trade down and pick up Torrey Smith or Titus Young and a runningback like Ryan Williams or Hunter I'd be all about it.

DphinBillkiller
03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
So The Dolphins want to wheel and deal and trade down for more picks. Can they get any takers seems to be the key question.

spiketex
03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
We might want to trade down but we would have to find another team that wants to trade up. Ireland was successful in dealing with San Diego last year and he might be again, but there is no certainty that another team will want to deal.

Kdawg954
03-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Armando :lol: . . . after all the snitching he has done this offseason I would take anything him and "his sources" state with a grain of salt.

PhinzN703
03-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Chubbs

If they're safe this year, they're all but guaranteed to be out of jobs by this time next year

hooshoops
03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
quantity over quality...lame

zackattack54
03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
If Miami can somehow parlay that trade into a 1st rounder for next year ... having 2 #1's next year will better the teams chances of landing Luck.

Aqua and Orange
03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Armando: This just in- The mascot of the Miami Football team is the Dolphin.

Just admit you have no sources already.

UGAxFIN
03-30-2011, 11:48 AM
How far do you think Ingram could fall?

Kdawg954
03-30-2011, 11:55 AM
How far do you think Ingram could fall?

If I had to give the WORST falling point . . .I"m thinking the first pick in round 2 (#33 overall). That would be the absolute bottom for him. Either the Patriots would take him there . . . or they would get one hell of an offer from another team that wants Ingram in that spot. Personally I don't think he gets out of the top 20 but I don't think he has the pull to get into the top 10. The range for him IMO is from #13 with Detroit to #19 with the Giants. I think he goes somewhere in there with Miami, New England, Detroit, St. Louis and the NYG all having picks and all could use a RB (though not necessarily in the first round). If a team can trade back, they can probably get him in the mid 20's before that 2nd Patriots pick in round 1.

UGAxFIN
03-30-2011, 12:04 PM
If I had to give the WORST falling point . . .I"m thinking the first pick in round 2 (#33 overall). That would be the absolute bottom for him. Either the Patriots would take him there . . . or they would get one hell of an offer from another team that wants Ingram in that spot. Personally I don't think he gets out of the top 20 but I don't think he has the pull to get into the top 10. The range for him IMO is from #13 with Detroit to #19 with the Giants. I think he goes somewhere in there with Miami, New England, Detroit, St. Louis and the NYG all having picks and all could use a RB (though not necessarily in the first round). If a team can trade back, they can probably get him in the mid 20's before that 2nd Patriots pick in round 1.

Sounds accurate. In my eyes, he is the best option for us with this draft, especially if we lose Brown and Ricky. So if that means we can't trade down and grab him later in the draft then I hope we stay.

hooshoops
03-30-2011, 12:08 PM
ingrams not gonna fall far...kdawgs probably in line with the worst case scenario stuff...but this kids winning in every interview room he goes into...there is no character flaws here...that infectious team first personality and work ethic is gonna help him

UHHS
03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I imagine many teams want to trade down Armando, this is a no brainer. Problem is, who wants to trade up to 15? There lies the secret of making this possible.

Adam First
03-30-2011, 12:35 PM
We could trade down and still get Mark Ingram. I'd say sniff at Seattle (I think they're at 23), I'm sure they're looking for a QB and can secure Mallett or Locker or whoever early at 15.

jw0119
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
This ****ing hack is the worst beat writer in the league. Any news that comes out now is simply posturing. His only sources are the voices inside his head. I wish his sources would tell him to go die in a fire.

rev kev
03-30-2011, 12:37 PM
If Mando "knows" so much at this point then we could be standing pat or trading up - he is the perfect guy to send a smoke screen through

finsfanjay13
03-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure his source was "Captain Obvious".

jw0119
03-30-2011, 12:43 PM
*NEWS FLASH*

ARMANDO SALQUEERO UPDATE:

"My sources are now telling me that the Dolphins may or may not select a RB in this year's draft."

twg76
03-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Best move has to be to trade down. If it doesn't happen, then we have to go with Ingram. It kind of stinks to lose a 2nd that way, but we get a RB that should become something great for years to come. The only other worst case scenario is someone reaches for Ingram ahead of us and we can't trade down. OUCH. That would sting. We would be forced to reach or take a player who is best available, but really not a need. That would suck. I would probably reach before taking another DT or DE. We need RB or QB with the first pick. It's pretty simple.

Travis34
03-30-2011, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't mind trading down, so long as we pick up some good talent to fill the other needs on our team

COphinphan89
03-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Armando's sources:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/03/beanie_babies-1.jpg

Roonnette
03-31-2011, 01:24 AM
It's interesting that, Nationally, Salguero is the only one publishing this, meaning these news are coming from Miami.

For those out of town who do not listen to Gino on WQAM, find the interview today with Mallett here: http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347&sid=sp6fhm2132gh8odnbgmk5559pejgf3hu