PDA

View Full Version : nfp's new mock and a new name at pick #15

hooshoops
03-30-2011, 12:51 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-Scouts-Mock.html

foozool13
03-30-2011, 12:56 PM
we are not taking a QB round 1...this regime is in win now mode and do not have time to develop a QB and every QB in this draft needs to be developed. There are no instant starters.

hooshoops
03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
i think the phil taylor to kc thing has legs...in fact i think thats where i'm gonna project him...same for the trade up of st louis with the skins if julio jones gets to the #10 pick...i could see dallas also being willing to trade out at #9 in that scenario with st louis...although they may be thinking minnesota would grab an ot at #12 and not want to get trumped for the top guy

jabaal sheard in round 1 surprises me...i've heard he's not a character concern but i also know that he while at pitt threw a guy through a glass window at a bar

hooshoops
03-30-2011, 01:02 PM
no mark ingram in round 1...lol...a lot of people gonna have egg on their faces if that happens

Aqua and Orange
03-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Would be great, but man I have such trouble seeing this team sticking their neck out and actually committing a first round pick to a QB. It would be a brilliant move of misdirection given all of the talk the team has had towards being a "run-first team".

If Mallett or Ponder get picked at 15, I would be totally happy sitting out the second round and calling the first draft day a bright one for the future of the team.

Kdawg954
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
One thing for certain . . . I think ALOT of people would be happy if Miami just pulls the trigger on Ryan Mallet with the 15th pick. Shows trust, shows that a front office that probably does more homework than most front office's has the confidence in spite of all the rumors to draft a kid with Ryan Mallet's talent. He had to have impressed him in the interviews and they felt comfortable making that kind of commitment. They also get the non QB first round monkey off the organizations back.

I personally think Miami passes if he makes it to 15, but I have no problem with that pick either . . . just doesn't seem like this regime's type of guy . . . but we will see. I know the guy would be hyped up like crazy in South Florida.

justdev7
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssss.......... it's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman529
03-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I can live with Mallett or Ponder. I think too many people are wanting the perfect QB and he just is not out there in this year's draft. Every QB prospect has some question marks. I think we need one or possibly two new QB's here, so lets roll the dice.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
I can live with Mallett or Ponder. I think too many people are wanting the perfect QB and he just is not out there in this year's draft. Every QB prospect has some question marks. I think we need one or possibly two new QB's here, so lets roll the dice.
This and This

I know we need Rb's..............Ingram/Ponder/Mallet

IF any of these guys becomes our 15th pick i would not turn my nose up at it.

newlownorder
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I want Mallett but im really going to get sick of the "experts" bashing the pick. Imagine havin to hear from Omar every week what a mistake it was.

Elliott 1
03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
There is 0% chance of the Dolphins drafting Mallett anywhere. QB's who can't exhibit leadership on any level almost never succeed in the NFL.

SR 7
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
he does hit the nail on the head wiht the Play action stuff. Now e can do PA off 3rd and 20

thejetssuck
03-30-2011, 09:29 PM
There is 0% chance of the Dolphins drafting Mallett anywhere. QB's who can't exhibit leadership on any level almost never succeed in the NFL.

You honestly believe Mallett doesn't exude leadership? Maybe you should start listening to what his teammates say about his leadership qualities instead of buying into this horse**** that the media is trying to force down everyone's throats.

I would be THRILLED if we landed Mallett at 15!!!

DNADD
03-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Mallett at 15 would make my man parts move.

Roonnette
03-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Even Steve Wyche is buzzin' about Mallett to Dolphins possibly, in his latest mock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81effea8/article/newton-going-no-1-sets-different-tone-for-latest-mock