footsteps_falco
03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
ponder and gabbert are throwing together.... ponder looks ****ing awesome

footsteps_falco
03-30-2011, 05:48 PM
it's gamechangers if you miss it it will be on again and againn

JC
03-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Wish I could have seen this. Did Ponder look like he was throwing with some velocity?

OrlandoFin
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Watching this it sure looked like Ponder was the top QB and Gabbert was behind him. I was really impressed by Mooch...that guy needs to be coaching QBs!

Aqua and Orange
03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Whenever I watch Ponder I get this sinking feeling that he will be around when the Dolphins pick, possibly multiple times if they trade down, and the Dolphins will pass on him. I also feel like they will regret doing so.

I have had this feeling before a draft twice: Drew Brees and Kevin Kolb. Yes, I was that guy annoying everyone with "draft Kolb" talk. I frankly have no idea if Kolb is any good, but he at least appears good enough to be better than anyone we got in the first two rounds of that draft.

With the Dolphins, there is no joy in predicting right.

Conuficus
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...e=HP_spotlight (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81f00f87/Game-Changers-The-QBs-hit-the-field?module=HP_spotlight)

tical
03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Damn Ponder does look good, but i'm wary of QBs throwing with no bullets coming at them..hell i'm sure henne would look good in those situations....because of him(henne) decision making by a QB has become of utmost importance to me...

Is it just me or does gabbert look a little stiff and no where near as fluid or comfortable from center?

footsteps_falco
03-31-2011, 04:48 PM
i mean ponder looks more comfortable to me in the video but i really dont have a train eye nor am i an nfl scout.

OrlandoFin
03-31-2011, 04:55 PM
The thing you have to look at in the workouts was footwork. Gabbert looked like he was fighting the footwork, taking very short steps. Hopefully for him it will come in time. Ponder's footwork is already there. Now Mooch did point out in Ponder's combine throws that he was waiting and not planting and throwing and in the NFL those are going to be picks. I'm not too concerned about that because I saw pretty much every QB do that at the combine because they are not working with receivers they know.