PDA

View Full Version : Mock 4.0

3rdandinches
04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
FA Begins.....

Z.Miller TE 6'5 255
The complete TE that will compliment this offense and will make a great security blanket for Henne. At 25yrs old Miller has developed into an excellent receiving threat and excellent inline blocker.

D.Sproles RB/KR/PR 5'6 190
A wonderful 3rd down back that is a weapon out of the backfield, Darren is also a real return man. He is exactly the explosive TS talked about that this offense needed.

Draft Time.....

1. Carolina - B.Gabbert QB
2. Denver - M.Dareus DT
3. Buffalo - V.Miller OLB
4. Cincinatti - D.Bowers DE
5. Arizona - R.Quinn OLB
6. Cleveland - AJ.Green WR
7. San Fransico - P.Peterson CB
8. Tennessee - N.Fairly DT
9. Dallas - T.Smith OT
10. Washington - J.Jones WR
11. Houston - P.Amukamara CB
12. Minnesota - C.Newton QB
13. Detroit - A.Ayers OLB
14. St.Louis - R.Kerrigan DE
****Miami trades this pick to New Orleans****
15. New Orleans - A.Smith DE
****Jacksonville trades this pick to San Diego****
16. San Diego - JJ.Watt DE
17. New England - C.Jordan DE/DT
18. Jacksonville - C.Ponder QB
19. New York Giants - A.Castonzo OT
20. Tampa Bay - A.Clayborn DE
21. Kansas City - P.Taylor NT
22. Indianapolis - N.Solder OT
23. Philadelphia - G.Carimi OT
24. Miami - M.Ingram RB

Miami's trade with New Orleans....
1(15) for 1(24) and the rights to C.Nicks OG 6'5 343

3. D.Moch OLB 6'1 250
Pass rush help, needs to be brought along slowly very similar to the handling of C.Wake.

4. DJ.Williams TE 6'2 245
DJ's short stature allows him to fall a little in the draft. He's the perfect H-Back, giving us mis-match weapon when spreading him out.

5. TJ.Yates QB 6'3 220
TJ gets to sit for a couple years improving on his decision making skills and has enough potential to become a solid starter in this league.

6. D.Moore WR 6'0 194
Explosive WR, 4.37 40, 36" vert, real solid route runner with lots of upside.

7. A.Gray NT 6'0 330
7. R.Bartholomew C 6'1 302
7. A.Bradford RB 5'11 242

Depth Chart.....

QB:C.Henne, T.Thigpen, TJ.Yates
RB:M.Ingram, D.Sproles, L.Hillard, A.Bradford, L.Polite
TE:Z.Miller, A.Fasano, DJ.Williams
WR:B.Marshall, D.Bess, B.Hartline, R.Wallace, J.Pruit, D.Moore
RT:V.Carey, L.Murtha
RG:N.Garner, J.Jerry
C:R.Incognito, J.Berger
LG:C.Nicks, R.Feinga
LT:J.Long, M.Kopa

DE:R.Starks, J.Odrick, K.Langford, P.Merling, R.Baker
NT:P.Solai, C.Baker, A.Gray
ILB:K.Dansby, C.Crowder, AJ.Edds, T.Dobbins
OLB:C.Wake, K.Misi, D.Moch, M.Rivera, I.A.Francis
CB:V.Davis, S.Smith, W.Allen, N.Caroll, B.Sapp, N.Ness
S:Y.Bell, C.Clemons, R.Jones, T.Culver, J.Amaya

A fixed Oline, a real run game, a new OC and the return of a top notch defense allows TS to give C.Henne another shot at leading this team. The draft allows for some solid depth and some explosive players this team sorely lacked. We add C.Nicks, Z.Miller, D.Sproles and M.Ingram all together creating a mix for a great run game taking the pressure off Henne and opening up the pass game in the mean time.

justdev7
04-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Nicely done. I would rather have Julius Thomas than DJ Williams but that's just me. DJ is a great player and a good guy. Allen Bradford is a Beast, B Marsh might have to give up his nickname. I'm not a big fan of taking a Rb in the first round but if we don't get Mallet I would be happy to get a Rb as talented as Ingram. And TJ Yates is the man. Not to mention Dontae Moch who is going to be an elite pass rusher in this league and could have an immediate impact.

3rdandinches
04-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Nicely done. I would rather have Julius Thomas than DJ Williams but that's just me. DJ is a great player and a good guy. Allen Bradford is a Beast, B Marsh might have to give up his nickname. I'm not a big fan of taking a Rb in the first round but if we don't get Mallet I would be happy to get a Rb as talented as Ingram. And TJ Yates is the man. Not to mention Dontae Moch who is going to be an elite pass rusher in this league and could have an immediate impact.

Believe it or not I too do not normally believe in RB's in the first round but in this case I'm really attacking what TS what's to get done. That's to get back to a dominant run game and the value of M.Ingram still available at 24 is way to high to let him pass.

emeraldfin
04-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Possible considering the Front Office wants to re-establish the ground game. Also fits the trend of doubling picks. What I will say is that I do think they will target a OG in the draft, probably in the middle rounds, maybe Will Rackley instead of Dontay Moch as I dont think the Fins have meet with him and did not think they attended Nevada's pro day.

I personally would like to see a Safety drafted also (even though we drafted Jones last year) as I'm not sold on Clemons and Bell is now 33. Would like to see us take a chance on someone with very good upside like Chris Culliver in the 4th or that.

Buff
04-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I could sleep well with that type of draft.

j-off-her-doll
04-01-2011, 08:06 AM
D. Moore won't last anywhere near that long.

beanh8er
04-01-2011, 08:17 AM
No way Denarius Moore makes it to the 6th.

TrinidadDolfan
04-01-2011, 08:29 AM
FA Begins.....

will compliment this offense and will make a great security blanket for Henne. .

Security blanket for WHO.............????

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/0_funny_oh_no_you_didnt-1.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/ohnoyoudidnt-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

BostonPhin4
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah no way Ingram lasts that long, everyone supposedly loves him including the Pats, and at that point in the draft he could be the BPA, not to mention a position of need for the Pats. Even if BB wasn't going to pick him I would be willing to guess someone else would consider trading to get him. The Saints would be a likely landing spot for him as well since they need a feature back.

Also, if we go into next season(whenever that is) and the only thing that has changed about the QB position is Yates being our 3rd stringer I will be ****ing sick. Way to many options in the draft, in FA(if it ever happens), or by trade to go into next year with no competition for Henne other than Thigpen, and a guy like Yates.

TrinidadDolfan
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah no way Ingram lasts that long, everyone supposedly loves him including the Pats, and at that point in the draft he could be the BPA, not to mention a position of need for the Pats. Even if BB wasn't going to pick him I would be willing to guess someone else would consider trading to get him. The Saints would be a likely landing spot for him as well since they need a feature back.

Also, if we go into next season(whenever that is) and the only thing that has changed about the QB position is Yates being our 3rd stringer I will be ****ing sick. Way to many options in the draft, in FA(if it ever happens), or by trade to go into next year with no competition for Henne other than Thigpen, and a guy like Yates.

this

footsteps_falco
04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Possible considering the Front Office wants to re-establish the ground game. Also fits the trend of doubling picks. What I will say is that I do think they will target a OG in the draft, probably in the middle rounds, maybe Will Rackley instead of Dontay Moch as I dont think the Fins have meet with him and did not think they attended Nevada's pro day.

I personally would like to see a Safety drafted also (even though we drafted Jones last year) as I'm not sold on Clemons and Bell is now 33. Would like to see us take a chance on someone with very good upside like Chris Culliver in the 4th or that.

as much as i like clemons and jones, Bell is pretty good in a dimensional kind of way, but i want that ball hawk playmaker at atleast one of the safety positions. i feel like it's been a need for a long time and we just keep throwing 5th round picks at it expecting it to go away. it isn't. and it's probably the reason we always get eaten up by TE's and over the middle in '09. i mean idk if we have the picks to seriously address the position this year, but it would be nice to target it in FA maybe

greasyObnoxious
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
as much as i like clemons and jones, Bell is pretty good in a dimensional kind of way, but i want that ball hawk playmaker at atleast one of the safety positions. i feel like it's been a need for a long time and we just keep throwing 5th round picks at it expecting it to go away. it isn't. and it's probably the reason we always get eaten up by TE's and over the middle in '09. i mean idk if we have the picks to seriously address the position this year, but it would be nice to target it in FA maybe

no, our ILB's were the problem. they couldn't cover a brick in 2009. seriously, i almost cried when i watched Akin Ayodele trying to cover Heath Miller that year.

Elliott 1
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Why in the world would the Saints trade up for Smith????? And if Nicks becomes a RFA he will probably demand at least a 1st and and a 3rd. PFF has Nicks the #1 OG the last two years. He is a super elite free agent. He will want top dollar and Long and Carey are eating up all the OL budget.

This is about as close to impossible as it gets, and it skews the rest of your mock.

Try a better trade down scenario. There are some desperate teams that draft behind us in the 1st but the Saints ain't it. They plugged their only real hole when they signed Shaun Rogers.

I don't understan the remark about Moch being handled like Wake. WTH? You want Moch to get cut in training camp and go play in Canada for few years?

I don't know about DJ Williams lasting to the middle of the 4th round, and as has been said Moore will be long gone.

Ingram is falling out of 1st round status.

j-off-her-doll
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
If I'm any 4-3 team (assuming I don't have other MAJOR needs), and Smith lasts until #15, I'm dong what I can to move up.

3rdandinches
04-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Why in the world would the Saints trade up for Smith????? And if Nicks becomes a RFA he will probably demand at least a 1st and and a 3rd. PFF has Nicks the #1 OG the last two years. He is a super elite free agent. He will want top dollar and Long and Carey are eating up all the OL budget.

This is about as close to impossible as it gets, and it skews the rest of your mock.

Try a better trade down scenario. There are some desperate teams that draft behind us in the 1st but the Saints ain't it. They plugged their only real hole when they signed Shaun Rogers.

I don't understan the remark about Moch being handled like Wake. WTH? You want Moch to get cut in training camp and go play in Canada for few years?

I don't know about DJ Williams lasting to the middle of the 4th round, and as has been said Moore will be long gone.

Ingram is falling out of 1st round status.

I certainly understand different opinions but I find your comments comical when you state them like it's fact. I guess you've never seen the Saints defense to realize why they would move up and Rogers and Smith play slightly different positions.

I didn't realize I needed to clearly explain my Cam Wake comparison because I don't care about his stints pre-Dolphins, Moch would only play limited snaps in a pass rushing situation much like Wake did in his first year with the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League...hopefully that cleared it up for you a little.

Elliott 1
04-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I certainly understand different opinions but I find your comments comical when you state them like it's fact. I guess you've never seen the Saints defense to realize why they would move up and Rogers and Smith play slightly different positions.

I didn't realize I needed to clearly explain my Cam Wake comparison because I don't care about his stints pre-Dolphins, Moch would only play limited snaps in a pass rushing situation much like Wake did in his first year with the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League...hopefully that cleared it up for you a little.

I agree with that statement about Moch.

I don't agree about Smith. He is almost a mirror image of Quentin Moses.

Moses was 6'5" 262/Smith is 6'4" 263

Moses ran a 4.75/Smith ran 4.74

Moses ran 1.59 10yd split/Smith ran a 1.66

Moses had a 32 vertical/ Smith 34

Moses shuttle 4.53/Smith 4.50

Moses first year starting had 11.5 sacks/Smith had 11.5 sacks his first year starting. Both had less the next year.

Moses was academic all conference two years. Smith is leaving early.

When you read some of the scouting reports you would think Smith was the next Peppers. He is supposed to be this fantastic athlete. I don't see anything special about him. What the H does a guys physique have to do with anything. Frankly, I don't give a FF what a guy looks like with his shirt off. I doubt the Saints do either. I don't trust NFL scouts. Just look at their records. For the most part, they are a band of immature idiots.

The Saints may trade up, especially if they somehow lose Nicks. They may trade up to grab Pouncey if his stock is high at draft time. I just don't see Smith as a guy any team would sacrifice 2nd day picks for. IMO, Sam Acho will end up a better pro in the long run, and I think Kerrigan will be twice the pro that Smith will be.

dr.jake
04-02-2011, 02:10 PM
saints free agent carl nicks was a late 5th round pick in 2008 (29) just so ya know.he's battled injuries and was pushed back to 2nd team last year to try to light a fire under his butt. in a draft loaded with lineman not a bargain imo. i'd rather go after atlanta's blalock.

Elliott 1
04-02-2011, 02:53 PM
saints free agent carl nicks was a late 5th round pick in 2008 (29) just so ya know.he's battled injuries and was pushed back to 2nd team last year to try to light a fire under his butt. in a draft loaded with lineman not a bargain imo. i'd rather go after atlanta's blalock.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/01/ranking-the-free-agents-offensive-interior-linemen/
Nicks will command a ton of money if he hits the open market. I seriously doubt the Dolphins would be interested in outbidding the Bears for his services.

dr.jake
04-02-2011, 04:21 PM
biggest difference. we picked up moses off waivers.no draft picks and low cost. and i always liked the dude. he made the playboy team.and they seldom miss.