PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe this isn't on here already...

hooshoops
04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
mike lombardi on path to the draft last night in the draft buzz portion said that there is some concern that mark ingram has a degenerative condition in his knee...

if that's truly the case there's no way we can take him at #15...

Conuficus
04-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Wow, I was wondering about reports that the guy was dropping last week. I couldn't see a reason that all of a sudden popped up, but if this is the case, then that explains it. If there are issues with his knee, it would be harsh for a guy that by all accounts is a good guy. It would also hurt him financially which sucks for him as he has his dad's legal issues he wants to pay for.

Not a good thing to happen to a good guy.

hooshoops
04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
yeah...i asked slimm after ingram had his knee scoped this last offseason if he thought it would be an issue moving forward in the pros cause i was kinda uneasy about it and he said no and slimm knows that team better than anyone i know...

but now this...its terrible if true...good kid GREAT football player...i mean really if its the case no way can you take him anywhere in round 1 if you have as many needs long term as we do

could all be a smear campaign also but lombardi said some teams medicals he's a concern

hooshoops
04-01-2011, 10:12 AM
and if this is in fact true if its not ryan mallet at #15 we need to be in straight up trade down mode...no ifs ands or buts about it...get out of pick #15 if its not mallet

Kdawg954
04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Yea if he is going to have a chronic issue with his knee going forward then you absolutely can't take him, atleast not in round 1. Still, this is the perfect time to put out rumors so a guy can drop to a team and become a steal . . . so the Dolphins need to do their homework and be confident in their decision regarding Ingram.

hooshoops
04-01-2011, 10:25 AM
who really trust the miami doctors these days??? i sure as heck don't

Kdawg954
04-01-2011, 10:32 AM
who really trust the miami doctors these days??? i sure as heck don't

Yea I was gonna say, if the same doctors that checked out Daunte and Brees are still in the building . . . I rather trade all of our picks for 2012 picks and watch this regime rot away and give the new regime a ****load of picks to work with.

I know they got a new S&C coach, pretty sure they had to switch in some new doctors as well.

Tunaphish429
04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
I think it would make sense if we take him at 15 if he has a bum knee..

WISfinfan13
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Bum knee, healthy knee. DONT DRAFT INGRAM, OR ANY OTHER RB.

hooshoops
04-01-2011, 10:39 AM
I think it would make sense if we take him at 15 if he has a bum knee..

hey thanks for being the tie breaker in march madness...i'm losing by 1 vote to a ghost :lol:

Aqua and Orange
04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
For such a rough position with a limited shelf life, ANY doubts regarding a knee issue should push him way down the draft board. A guy can have all the vision in the world, but at the end of the day it's other people's JOBS to go for their knees.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
In my mind, if this is true, you have to go QB in round 1. If Ingram is available round 2, pick him and don't think twice. Great vaue. If not, pick either Leshoure or Ryan Williams.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
In my mind, if this is true, you have to go QB in round 1. If Ingram is available round 2, pick him and don't think twice. Great vaue. If not, pick either Leshoure or Ryan Williams.

If we cant move to grab Gabbert or Newton then we should move back a few spots to gain a 2nd round pick and pick up Mallett then draft a TE and RB in the next 2 rounds, whichever order is condusive to their liking. Either way could be they do not draft a QB period till much later, you know their style.
Chubbs

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
If we cant move to grab Gabbert or Newton then we should move back a few spots to gain a 2nd round pick and pick up Mallett then draft a TE and RB in the next 2 rounds, whichever order is condusive to their liking. Either way could be they do not draft a QB period till much later, you know their style.
Chubbs
I think at this point, it's pretty clear they are going to trade back. It just makes sense for a team with so many needs. If they trade back for the mid 20s, we can still potentially get Mallett or Ponder. Round 2 grab a runningback of your choice or a tight end. Round 3 should be interior line. 4-7 shoud be all about depth and potential sleeper picks.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I think at this point, it's pretty clear they are going to trade back. It just makes sense for a team with so many needs. If they trade back for the mid 20s, we can still potentially get Mallett or Ponder. Round 2 grab a runningback of your choice or a tight end. Round 3 should be interior line. 4-7 shoud be all about depth and potential sleeper picks.
We really do not have that many needs as some think.

QB-RB Huge Need
OG,#2TE,Speedy reciever/return moderate need
SOLB,ILB Less then Moderate Need.

Considering we can get a #1 and #2 RB in the mid rounds QB should be our #1 focus in the 1st.
Chubbs

Chubby
04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Again, if we cant grab one of the top 2 guys then yes drop back some and draft Mallet while picking up another pick.

Once we hit on a QB everything else will seem like cold chocolate pudding on a warm summer day.
Chubbs

greasyObnoxious
04-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Again, if we cant grab one of the top 2 guys then yes drop back some and draft Mallet while picking up another pick.

Once we hit on a QB everything else will seem like cold chocolate pudding on a warm summer day.
Chubbs

depends on your definition of "hit". if that means Mallett or Ponder, yeah i agree.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
depends on your definition of "hit". if that means Mallett or Ponder, yeah i agree.
Hit as in whatever QB we draft becomes the "guy" to run our offense for years. Untill we find that guy we need to keep making it priority #1, not lets not grab the #1 because #2 is much better "value"

Canadi-Phin
04-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah trade back with the Saints just ahead of Seattle would be ideal, grab their 2nd. Grab Mallett if he's there which I don't think he will be. Then grab RB or TE in the 2nd and the other in the 3rd or a OL like Moffitt.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 02:31 PM

QB-RB Huge Need

Considering we can get a #1 and #2 RB in the mid rounds QB should be our #1 focus in the 1st.
Chubbs
I'd have to classify TE as a huge need. Not having a #2 tight end has been horrible. Fasano is alright, even good at times, but I simply cannot fathom another year of these no name tight ends that make little to no impact.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I'd have to classify TE as a huge need. Not having a #2 tight end has been horrible. Fasano is alright, even good at times, but I simply cannot fathom another year of these no name tight ends that make little to no impact.
A #2 TE is never a Huge need. Hence why they are drafted 3rd round earliest but usually 4th round and below.
Chubbs

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
A #2 TE is never a Huge need. Hence why they are drafted 3rd round earliest but usually 4th round and below.
Chubbs
I'm not talking huge as in worthy of a first or 2nd, just in terms of being absolutely sure we have a capable #2 and someone who, if necessary, can step in and have success.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm not talking huge as in worthy of a first or 2nd, just in terms of being absolutely sure we have a capable #2 and someone who, if necessary, can step in and have success.
But I am talking Huge Need as in top 2 round pick.

The only positions I think are a huge whole is QB & RB, and Since RB's are a dime a dozen, we need to go QB early and strong!
Chubbs

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
But I am talking Huge Need as in top 2 round pick.

The only positions I think are a huge whole is QB & RB, and Since RB's are a dime a dozen, we need to go QB early and strong!
Chubbs
I'll be happy if we can just fix the running game this year, to be honest. I want a QB as bad as anyone, but I just don't know if we'll get what we're looking for in this years draft. Granted, if we can fix the running game and get a QB, I'll be ecstatic. I expect these guys to go back to the roots and draft interior lineman as well as a few workhorse runningbacks. Who knows, with a little help from the running game, maybe even Henne can succeed as the QB we all want him to be.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I'll be happy if we can just fix the running game this year, to be honest. I want a QB as bad as anyone, but I just don't know if we'll get what we're looking for in this years draft. Granted, if we can fix the running game and get a QB, I'll be ecstatic. I expect these guys to go back to the roots and draft interior lineman as well as a few workhorse runningbacks. Who knows, with a little help from the running game, maybe even Henne can succeed as the QB we all want him to be.
Honestly the way I look at it is, draft 1 1st this year and if it doesnt workout then draft another 1 next year. Next years 1st round Qb's will be making peanuts and who knows whats going to happen with the salary cap under the next CBA.

Untill we "Hit" with a Qb we should be doing nothing else but looking to acquire the best one available at the earliest possible moment. Anything else doesnt matter. That next Great Emmit Smith or next great Tony Gonzalez will do nothing for us until we find our next Marino.
Chubbs

zach8111
04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
my best case senerio (thats realistic) is trade back to later in the first and regain a second (like last season), draft Ponder and lashoure as our first two picks... dalton is a guy that is starting to intrigue me too as a late 2nd to 3rd QB

j-off-her-doll
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
This is sad. I haven't come across a negative word in regard to Ingram the person.

For the Dolphins, though, this is probably a good thing. It'll push the RB class further back. Where a team might have drafted Ryan Williams in the mid or late 2nd, maybe Ingram's there. We need two RB's. It helps that the class is getting pushed back.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 03:18 PM
This is sad. I haven't come across a negative word in regard to Ingram the person.

For the Dolphins, though, this is probably a good thing. It'll push the RB class further back. Where a team might have drafted Ryan Williams in the mid or late 2nd, maybe Ingram's there. We need two RB's. It helps that the class is getting pushed back.
I wholeheartedly agree!
Chubbs

jlfin
04-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Not sure that's the case. If these reports are true, Ingram may not be the 1st RB off the board on draft day

j-off-her-doll
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Not sure that's the case. If these reports are true, Ingram may not be the 1st RB off the board on draft day

Never said he would be. In fact, I implied that Leshoure would go ahead of him - noting Ingram potentially taking Williams' spot in the mid-2nd. I think most people, regardless of your own personal list, agree that Leshoure will likely be the RB drafted after Ingram - IF Ingram's knee checks out. So, by saying that Ingram might take Williams' spot, it's pretty much saying that Leshoure would pass him in that scenario. I don't see a healthy Ingram lasting beyond the early 20s. If Ingram's knee issues are a legitimate concern, I can see Leshoure being the 1st RB drafted and it being in the early 2nd. He could go late 1st, but he's not guaranteed 1st Rounder like a healthy Ingram.

HurriPhin
04-02-2011, 03:17 AM
mike lombardi on path to the draft last night in the draft buzz portion said that there is some concern that mark ingram has a degenerative condition in his knee...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/mrbillohhnooomagnetc11751410jpeg-1.jpg

BigNastyDB13
04-02-2011, 03:26 AM

Bad knee or not, I want no part of taking a RB with the 15th pick. If we trade back into the 20's, fine. A running back doesnt do us much good with our current o-line. It's likely to take our o-line guru Sparano another 5 years :idk: to build a decent line, by then any RB we took would be on the decline.

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
IMO were gonna end up taking Leshoure in round 2 after trade down.

But I really want us to take Mallet

X-Pacolypse
04-02-2011, 05:33 PM
IMO were gonna end up taking Leshoure in round 2 after trade down.

But I really want us to take Mallet

History is on your side. Every top pick these guys have made has come from the Big 10.

state06
04-03-2011, 12:25 PM
i really hope we dont take Leshoure, atleast not at 15 anyway.

My ideal draft would be to trade down and regain a 2nd. I would Love to take wither Mallet or Ponder at the end of round 1, a RB in round two, and OG like Moffitt or Franklin 3rd. We can get our TE, RB, and OLB/ILB later.

I hope we are looking at QB in round 1 and not looking to reach on a RB. I believe that interior OL is a priority on this team being that Sparano is the "expert" and our interior was piss poor last year.

I would rate needs as
1-RB
2-QB
3-OG
4-TE/OLB/ILB

SCOTTY
04-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Chubbs

First, I completely disagree with you concerning taking a QB with our first. There is NO QB in this class that is going to be the next Miami Franchise QB. None of them are good enough. I'd rather not as you put it: Take a QB with the 1st this year and if it doesn't work out then go QB with our 1st again next year. I'm simply tired of wasting high draft picks. Plus I will not get on the "we need to draft a QB in the 1st because we haven't in 20 years" train. (also, Ponder sucks for all you FS lovers out there). But then you go and and say "like cold chocolate pudding on a warm summer day"??? What? Seriously, I almost pissed my pants after reading that.

state06
04-04-2011, 09:21 AM
First, I completely disagree with you concerning taking a QB with our first. There is NO QB in this class that is going to be the next Miami Franchise QB. None of them are good enough. I'd rather not as you put it: Take a QB with the 1st this year and if it doesn't work out then go QB with our 1st again next year. I'm simply tired of wasting high draft picks. Plus I will not get on the "we need to draft a QB in the 1st because we haven't in 20 years" train. (also, Ponder sucks for all you FS lovers out there). But then you go and and say "like cold chocolate pudding on a warm summer day"??? What? Seriously, I almost pissed my pants after reading that.

problem is is that there are no QBs on Miami's roster good enough to be our franchise QB either. Im tired of seeing us take someone based on their measurables in the first round and then coming back in the 2nd to draft a questionable QB prospect like Beck and White for example. Mallet and Ponder are both better prospects than both of those guys and will be given the chance to beat out a guy like henne as early as their rookie seasons. I cant help but feel like we will follow our recent trend and take a developmental guy like Kaepernick in the second or Taylor in middle of the draft.

It isnt that I want to take a QB in the first "because we havent in 20 years", it is because we have passed on so many franchise QB prospects, and settle with someone who iss not as good a player. We have some real solid pieces elsewhere and young players playing role positions on the sideline. We do need RB, but that is the easiest position to plug and play, and since we value the 2 back system, taking a RB in rd 1 is almost like wasting one of our high draft picks. R.Brown averaged about 12 carries a game last year, Ricky averaged about 10. if that is going to be how it is in the coming years, why would we waste a 1st rounder on a rb.

Another thing is that Henne needs to be pushed. We have a young team. Given how poorly our offseason has been handled so far by the FO, the players may not be 100% confident in Henne going into the season. I know many fans wouldnt mind seeing Henne starting again if he earned it in a QB battle at camp, but if he is given the starting spot, what else can we expect but for another 7-9 win season.

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 09:28 AM

how do you know there are no franchise qbs in this class???

SCOTTY
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
how do you know there are no franchise qbs in this class???

Bogus question. That's like me asking you "How can you say there are so many". Look at previuos drafts. How many Franchise QBs came out of each draft in the last 10 years? Maybe 1 each class 2 tops. So all the QBs that can possible fall to us, trends will say sorry not a Franchiser. Seriously, Ponder or Knaper...not going to end up being the franchise guy. The only one I'm still on the fence about is Mallett. I won't be thrilled if we take him at 15 but it won't be as aweful if we take Ponder there or trade down and take that Knaper kid in the 2nd. Those last two scenerios, Terrible!!

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Bogus question. That's like me asking you "How can you say there are so many". Look at previuos drafts. How many Franchise QBs came out of each draft in the last 10 years? Maybe 1 each class 2 tops. So all the QBs that can possible fall to us, trends will say sorry not a Franchiser. Seriously, Ponder or Knaper...not going to end up being the franchise guy. The only one I'm still on the fence about is Mallett. I won't be thrilled if we take him at 15 but it won't be as aweful if we take Ponder there or trade down and take that Knaper kid in the 2nd. Those last two scenerios, Terrible!!

no...you stating there are no franchise qbs in this draft as fact is whats bogus...

SCOTTY
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
no...you stating there are no franchise qbs in this draft as fact is whats bogus...

Please read post. I did not say there aren't any franchise QB. I am saying there is 1 maybe 2 a year. What I did say is none of these 2nd teir QBs will be franchise QBs and history is on my side. After Gabbert and maybe, maybe Newton-the only one with enough potential is Mallett. For everyone on here, you included, to be throwing in names like: Ponder, Knaper, Dalton...is simply redicilous! They are not going to be a franchise QB on any team in the NFL!

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 09:46 AM
so mike mayock last night unveils his updated top 32 prospects list and mark ingram drops one spot from #16 to #17...anybody else think that small a drop sounds kinda odd if the guys got a legit arthritic condition in his knee...i'm starting to wonder...

and other than rob rang who i think lombardi either took it from or rang took it from lombardi i haven't heard any other draft insider say anything about ingrams knee....hmmmm

greasyObnoxious
04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
so mike mayock last night unveils his updated top 32 prospects list and mark ingram drops one spot from #16 to #17...anybody else think that small a drop sounds kinda odd if the guys got a legit arthritic condition in his knee...i'm starting to wonder...

and other than rob rang who i think lombardi either took it from or rang took it from lombardi i haven't heard any other draft insider say anything about ingrams knee....hmmmm

tells me Mayock doesn't know what to believe about the knee condition. to be honest, i don't know what to believe either. Ingram certainly didn't play like he has a chronic knee problem, that's for sure.

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 09:55 AM
tells me Mayock doesn't know what to believe about the knee condition. to be honest, i don't know what to believe either. Ingram certainly didn't play like he has a chronic knee problem, that's for sure.

yeah...i'm right there with you...i mean lombardi can't say on live tv that there's an arthritic issue with ingram and at some point him and mayock etc not discussed it...same studio...no way

although shefter said ingram may fall out of round 1 i don't think he attached the arthritic condition to it

greasyObnoxious
04-05-2011, 10:02 AM
yeah...i'm right there with you...i mean lombardi can't say on live tv that there's an arthritic issue with ingram and at some point him and mayock etc not discussed it...same studio...no way

although shefter said ingram may fall out of round 1 i don't think he attached the arthritic condition to it

i don't know. i used to like Lombardi, but his work has become more and more shallow lately. i wouldn't put it past him to throw something he heard out there to see what type of reaction he can get.

i could see Ingram falling out of round 1. the RB spot just doesn't hold a lot of value at the moment. it's a shame, because five years ago, he would have been a top 5 pick.

zach attach
04-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Does degenerative mean 1-2 years playing? If it begins to degenerate later in his life, this should not be too much of a concern. But that is the unknown.

WISfinfan13
04-05-2011, 12:05 PM
I wouldnt touch him!!!

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Does degenerative mean 1-2 years playing? If it begins to degenerate later in his life, this should not be too much of a concern. But that is the unknown.

i would think it would be a bone on bone situation...usually leads to microfracture surgery...bad news if true for a rbs longevity in pro football

COphinphan89
04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe this is another media plant by NE to drop his draft stock so they can pick him up.

SCOTTY
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe this is another media plant by NE to drop his draft stock so they can pick him up.

NE would neevvvverrrr do anything questionable like that.....

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
here's more on possible ingram knee issues...it seems to be building momentum

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/05/mikel-leshoure/index.html?eref=sihp

footsteps_falco
04-05-2011, 08:11 PM

QB-RB Huge Need

Chubbs

i would add safety and or corner to that list

footsteps_falco
04-05-2011, 08:13 PM
how exactly does one develop degenerative arthritis? is it from the injury not recovering right? doesn't something like 30 or 40% of NFL players have this? is it a major issue at this stage? would it stop him from being productive before hitting 30 years old?

hooshoops
04-06-2011, 09:56 AM
i don't know. i used to like Lombardi, but his work has become more and more shallow lately. i wouldn't put it past him to throw something he heard out there to see what type of reaction he can get.

i could see Ingram falling out of round 1. the RB spot just doesn't hold a lot of value at the moment. it's a shame, because five years ago, he would have been a top 5 pick.

lombardi last night rolled outa gem...said ingrams game is toby gerhardt...what the heck is he talkin about??? toby gerhardt ran to contact at stanford...not elusive at all

awful comparison...toby gerhardt can't hold mark ingrams jock

greasyObnoxious
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
lombardi last night rolled outa gem...said ingrams game is toby gerhardt...what the heck is he talkin about??? toby gerhardt ran to contact at stanford...not elusive at all

awful comparison...toby gerhardt can't hold mark ingrams jock

i don't know what to say about that, and i'm not one to be at a loss of words easily

TedSlimmJr
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
This is why you can't pay attention to anything you're hearing about any of these guys... not just Ingram. You'll hear these "experts" and draft "gurus" on these networks constantly contradicting themselves, much less all the hack sportswriters who are used by teams to purposely get misinformation circulating out there about these kids.. Who are the teams Lombardi?

For example, Mike Mayock could've been Mark Ingram's publicist at the combine.. "Ingram has nothing to prove".. "he's the only 1st round back in the draft", yada yada. Now he has him as slipping out of the 1st round...

If you pay attention to any of what's being said... Da'Quan Bowers, Mark Ingram, Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett, Nick Fairley, etc., etc. have all been "taken off teams draft boards".. Basically, everyone is left to fight for Christian Ponder, Mike Pouncey, Leonard Hankerson. Everyone else has been removed...

If Ingram's knee was a significant issue, he would've had a significant procedure done on it last year. You could probably say the same thing about Bowers. The guys with the real red flag medicals are the one's you won't hear about... they'll drop like a stone on draft day and everyone will be scratching their heads wondering why.

hooshoops
04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
so casserly says mark ingrams not a first round worthy rb but what does he do in his latest mock picks 11-20 that aired yesterday...he gives miami mark ingram at #15

wtf

etsudolfan
04-16-2011, 03:58 PM
the only thing that concerns me with this whole knee thing is that this could be Adrian Peterson 2.0. Our luck would be we pass on him...NE drafts him and he tears us up twice a year lol

greasyObnoxious
04-16-2011, 09:42 PM
so casserly says mark ingrams not a first round worthy rb but what does he do in his latest mock picks 11-20 that aired yesterday...he gives miami mark ingram at #15

wtf

Casserly is a clown these days, nothing else