PDA

View Full Version : My first mock

miabrown23
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Let's say we trade down in to the mid 20's and get a second round pick. We could draft 1 Kyle Rudolph 2 mallett or ponder. 3 Ryan Williams Add a interior lineman and Noel devine in the late rounds and I'd be estatic. What do you guys think?

NorthFLPhin
04-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I think we would be extremely lucky if Mallet makes it the #15 pick much less anywhere in the second. Plus the top of the second round will have a plethora of teams looking to fill the qb need that they passed in round one so a quality qb making it to the end of round two is unlikely. That said if we want a qb that has a chance of starting this year we will have to take him in round one. Best bet may be to trade down a few spots with San Diego so they can jump New England and maybe acquire an addt'l 3rd. I'd be nervous dropping anymore than that with Seattle's qb need or one of the top of the second round teams jumping up.

BostonPhin4
04-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I think we would be extremely lucky if Mallet makes it the #15 pick much less anywhere in the second. Plus the top of the second round will have a plethora of teams looking to fill the qb need that they passed in round one so a quality qb making it to the end of round two is unlikely. That said if we want a qb that has a chance of starting this year we will have to take him in round one. Best bet may be to trade down a few spots with San Diego so they can jump New England and maybe acquire an addt'l 3rd. I'd be nervous dropping anymore than that with Seattle's qb need or one of the top of the second round teams jumping up.

Basically this ^^

I don't think Mallet is going to last half as long as people are saying, there are plenty of teams who wi take a chance on the most NFL ready qb with arguably the best arm. If he makes it to #15 and we don't take him, it's game over for us and Mallet, and we had better pray that Ponder is still around when we pick next.

Elliott 1
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM
This isn't really a mock. It's more a few random thoughts and opinions. Why not make a real one?