PDA

View Full Version : Positions in Order of Need- Opinions?

TKAllDay
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
So I truly hope we move back in the draft and get back a 2nd round pick, unless a real gamebreaker falls into our lap. In any event, if we do not trade back, here is what I believe we should pick in order (and assuming there is not free agency):
Rd. 1 QB
Rd. 3 RB
Rd. 4 TE
Rd. 5 OG
Rd. 6 ILB
Rd. 7 RB
Rd. 7 KR

If we do manage to trade back, here is how I believe we should draft
Rd. 1 QB
Rd. 2 RB
Rd. 3 TE
Rd. 4 OG
Rd. 5 ILB
Rd. 6 RB
Rd. 7 KR
Rd. 7 TE

Sorry I don't offer anything groundbreaking, I'm just bored at work. I think ideally we trade our #1 and get two 2nd rounders and a third or even two second rounders and a 4th. I do feel like we have many needs but would like to see draft a QB and RB early and add another RB late as well as drafting an interior lineman, tight end, and kick returner.

Chubby
04-01-2011, 02:59 PM
1.qb
3.qb
4.rb
5.qb
6.qb
7.qb

:)

greasyObnoxious
04-01-2011, 03:11 PM
1.qb
3.qb
4.rb
5.qb
6.qb
7.qb

:)

eh, we're going to need a QB at one point

vagrantprodigy
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
In order of need, not necessarily the order we should go, or will go.

1. rb (this pick would need to be a guy who can carry the load)
2. OL (T or G, doesn't really matter. Ideally would like to take a RT who can shift to G for the first year or two)
3. QB (developmental guy, maybe in the second or third)
4. TE (I'd rather have a receiving TE over a blocker, we've got lots of guys who can block, and not many who can catch)
5. RB (preferably a fast guy, playmaker)
6. Pass Rusher, preferably OLB (we need a guy in case Wake gets injured, or just to give him a play off every once in a while)
7. S (ditch Culver, and get someone who may one day start, as insurance against clemons/jones)

TKAllDay
04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I agree with ditching culver. I like drafting a T or G early but I really don't know which QB is going to be left in the third round besides FH darling TJ Yates.

vagrantprodigy
04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree with ditching culver. I like drafting a T or G early but I really don't know which QB is going to be left in the third round besides FH darling TJ Yates.

Someone will slip. There are a bunch of QB's that have similar talent levels this year. First round, you've got Gabbert and Newton. Late first/early second, you've got Locker, Ponder, Mallett, Kaepernick, and Dalton. Then you've got the third tier of guys, Stanzi, Enderle, McElroy, Yates, Devlin. Then the fourth tier that are just guys. I think one of the second tier could fall, and if not, then some of the third tier guys are people who could develop. Either way, I fully support trading down from out first and getting a late first and a second, or even two seconds.

thejetssuck
04-01-2011, 04:30 PM
If Miami passes on Ryan Mallet at 15, I am SERIOUSLY gonna have to choke a *****!!

TKAllDay
04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I think they will pass on Mallet even though I don't think they should. I could seriously see Mallet as big time QB even though many people say he has character concerns. So did Dan Marino...

Roonnette
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM
First round, skill, impact, no linemen. Preferably Mallett.

beanh8er
04-01-2011, 05:56 PM
1. QB
2. RB
3. LG
4. OC
5. #2 WR (deep threat)
6. #2 TE (seam threat)
7. ILB
8. FS/SS whatever

j-off-her-doll
04-01-2011, 07:15 PM
In order of need, not necessarily the order we should go, or will go.

1. rb (this pick would need to be a guy who can carry the load)
2. OL (T or G, doesn't really matter. Ideally would like to take a RT who can shift to G for the first year or two)
3. QB (developmental guy, maybe in the second or third)
4. TE (I'd rather have a receiving TE over a blocker, we've got lots of guys who can block, and not many who can catch)
5. RB (preferably a fast guy, playmaker)
6. Pass Rusher, preferably OLB (we need a guy in case Wake gets injured, or just to give him a play off every once in a while)
7. S (ditch Culver, and get someone who may one day start, as insurance against clemons/jones)

Chad Henne fan, eh?

Buff
04-02-2011, 12:15 AM
1. RB
3. OL
4. QB
5. TE
6. OL
7. RB
7. TE
7. OLB

At least with Chad H on the roster, we have a starting QB. ATM we dont have any starting RB as both RW & RB are free agants, and if or when the draft happens before FA, it's better to draft a replacement early than draft a replacement for a a spot where at least we have a starter.

if we trade back

1. OL
2. QB
3. RB
4. TE
5. RB
6. OL
7. TE
7. OLB
7. KR

Trading back, & hopefully picking up LeShore or Williams witha 2nd. Pouncey, Carimi, Castonzo in the 1st would be nice.

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Chad Henne fan, eh?

I'm a realist. I don't think any of the rookies that will be available will be better than Henne right away. And I think the mid round guys have just as much potential as Locker/Mallett, due to Locker's inaccuracy, and Mallett's attitude and character concerns. Why not improve the rest of the offense, give Henne a real play book to work with, and draft a guy to develop? Unless you'd rather draft Locker/Mallett, cut Henne, and go 2-14, have Sparano canned halfway thru the season, cut half the roster in the offseason, and rebuild from scratch?

We have too many holes to spend a high pick on a position in which we have a guy who is worth investing another season as a starter. We have to get two RB's, we need at least one OL, we have to get a TE, and we need at least one line backer. Those are things we HAVE to get. Those are guys we need to draft who need to be ready to play in the next year or two. We don't have a million picks in the draft, so you have to decide if you want to reach for a QB, or go BPA. And I never support reaching.

If we could trade down to the late 20's, pick up Carimi, Costanzo, or even Sherrod, and then get Ryan Williams or Leshore in the second, we could take the best QB left in the third. Then we could come back in the fourth for a TE (DJ Williams or Virgil Green) or pass rusher (Moch maybe?), and then focus on getting another RB, either TE or pass rusher (whichever we didn't get in the fourth), and then take a project, preferably a S, at the end of the draft.

If we can do that, we'll have a solid team around Henne, lacking only a speed receiver (though we have several fast guys on the roster who MAY grow into that role) to be in good shape offensively. Then if Henne doesn't develop, we can trade up next year and get an elite talent at QB, instead of struggling with another mediocre talent.

We have a problem with picking sub par round 2 QB's. The solution to that problem isn't to pick a 2nd round talent in the 1st round.

MadDog 88
04-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Rounds 1-4 they need 2 QBs and 1 RB. Pennington needs to be replaced, Henne needs to ride the pine and Thigpen has more value being traded for a late round pick.

Roonnette
04-02-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm a realist. I don't think any of the rookies that will be available will be better than Henne right away.

Ryan Mallett is.

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Ryan Mallett is.

Mallett may have better physical tools, but I doubt his ability to come right in and be a good QB. Rookies nearly always have growing pains, and if he was a sure thing, he'd be talked about as the first overall pick, not a as probably second rounder, and as the fourth or fifth QB in what is not a really strong class.

Show Me Your TDs
04-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Needs:
1. QB
2. OL
3. RB
4. TE
5. WR
6. OLB
7. DT
8. FS