PDA

View Full Version : Draft Weak in Skilled Positions or Heavy in D?

SCOTTY
04-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Was listening to Todd McShay on ESPN. He said (and is reflected in his mocks) that he believes only 3 skilled positions will be drafted in the 1st round outside of QBs. Green and Jones (WRs) and Ingram (RB). He believes everyone has Ingram slated for Miami at 15 but if we don't take him there he projects him to fall to the late 20s. Now, this guy does his homework big time. With this said, I feel we need to do everything possible to trade down and get back into the second. If we can stay before 25 we can still pick up Ingram. I also feel that one of the QBs everyone is toutting on here will still be there as well in the 2nd when we pick. Gotta beleive this is best for our team. Picking at 15 and not having another until the 3rd round does not help us. Thoughts?

beanh8er
04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
they all suck.

greasyObnoxious
04-01-2011, 03:44 PM
i could see that. it's a top-heavy draft for defense IMO

vagrantprodigy
04-01-2011, 03:51 PM
We shouldn't take ingram at 15. There are a lot of concerns about the health of his knee. We should draft two RB's late in the draft.

SCOTTY
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
We shouldn't take ingram at 15. There are a lot of concerns about the health of his knee. We should draft two RB's late in the draft.

They were talking about his duribitly. Seems a lot of NFL teams have that concern with him. But if we trade down, get back into the 2nd and he is still on the board in the 1st when we pick in the mid twenties, do you take hime then?

vagrantprodigy
04-01-2011, 04:09 PM
They were talking about his duribitly. Seems a lot of NFL teams have that concern with him. But if we trade down, get back into the 2nd and he is still on the board in the 1st when we pick in the mid twenties, do you take hime then?

Not if you aren't 100% sure that his knee isn't a problem. We need someone who is reliable, we've had an injury prone RB long enough.

TrinidadDolfan
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Did someone call him.....?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

j-off-her-doll
04-01-2011, 07:07 PM
You're late to the party, Scotty, and McShay is useless.

I can see Hankerson or Smith (though I wouldn't rate him near this high) sneaking into the 1st. Aside from that, duh.

A lot of it, though, is that the D is just so strong in this draft that it's pushing players like Hankerson - who would be a solid late RD 1st most year - to the fringes of the round. Thankfully, Mallett and/or Ponder should be available at #15, and QB is our biggest priority.

twix2500
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM
The WR position is strong in this draft, a lot of depth which causes teams to wait to pick a reciever after the first round. After the first round your going to see receivers taken like a 2 for 1 sale at winn dixie. The QB position is deep as well just not a consensus great one. Alot of players with potential that are not polished. The running back position sucks ***. Other than Ingram i wouldnt draft anyone before the third round.