PDA

View Full Version : Draft experts make a cool 10 million $$$$$$$$$$

miamiron
04-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Bud Light takes over official beer sponsorship, launches $10 million draft contest

The “Best Round Ever” contest will pay $10 million to anyone who correctly predicts all 32 picks in the first round of the draft. Sign up at the Bud Light Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/BudLight).

In order for the prize to be awarded, an eligible entrant must correctly predict all 32 players selected in the first round of the Draft in their exact order of selection, with the correct spelling of each player’s name, in accordance with these Official Rules.”

hOPE ONE OF US CAN WIN:hclap:

thejetssuck
04-01-2011, 08:36 PM
I think you'd have better odds at winning powerball.

23EmilioVasquez
04-01-2011, 11:09 PM
do you have to predict trades???

cause thats hard core if anyone wins it

Mr. Magoo
04-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I think you'd have better odds at winning powerball.

MUCH better, I'd say. After all, people actually do win Powerball, whereas to my knowledge no one's ever correctly predicted a first round. As in ever.

Just another clever way for Budweiser to collect the contact information of potential customers.

Roman529
04-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Bud Light takes over official beer sponsorship, launches $10 million draft contest

The “Best Round Ever” contest will pay $10 million to anyone who correctly predicts all 32 picks in the first round of the draft. Sign up at the Bud Light Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/BudLight).

In order for the prize to be awarded, an eligible entrant must correctly predict all 32 players selected in the first round of the Draft in their exact order of selection, with the correct spelling of each player’s name, in accordance with these Official Rules.”

hOPE ONE OF US CAN WIN:hclap:

I see almost everyone spelling Mallett's name with only one T (Mallet)....that would suck to get every name in order and then mispell a guy's name to lose the ten large.

hooshoops
04-02-2011, 09:30 AM
MUCH better, I'd say. After all, people actually do win Powerball, whereas to my knowledge no one's ever correctly predicted a first round. As in ever.

Just another clever way for Budweiser to collect the contact information of potential customers.

bingo

JCPHIN_PHAN
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Its funny that they do this when the team holding the first pick states they are looking at 8 players for the #1 selection...

mrodriguez4096
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I've got a better deal;

Predict what HALF the teams draft, with correct spelling and factor in trades, I will give you A MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

$10 to participate.

:lol:

Of course I am kidding, however as a marketing ploy you would think someone could come up with a more "realistic" offer to entice people. Trying to predict ALL 32 teams is virtually impossible.

JC
04-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Perfect marketing strategy. Offer a lump sum like $10 million, and people get goo-goo eyed. This is pretty much impossible, considering what could happen with draft day trades, and players that fall very far or players that get picked way too early.

Kdawg954
04-02-2011, 03:50 PM
If you do decide to do this, wait until the last possible hour . . . so you have more information and more scoops on players and destinations. Atleast they don't force you to put the team that is selecting. It is pretty much listing the players in order . . . from 1 to 32. Impossible as hell and Budweiser is taking all precautions by ensuring spelling as well. The guy who thought of this promotion is banking on this being impossible.