PDA

View Full Version : Stay close to your Brothers.....

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 08:30 PM
By that I mean if you are good friends with a brother or sister here, make sure you get there email address, phone numbers, and an emergency number as well. I bring this up because we have lost contact with a great Brother Marty aka cnc66 with no luck to reach him. He used to be a mod here and a long time poster before the unfortunate split.

No matter what happens in your posts, please learn to agree and disagree, and please don't ever make things personal. The reason I say that is life is very short, and you never want to lose a family member and have to live with the thought of your last conversation ending in a pissing contest. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/08/no-1.gif

Please keep Marty in your thoughts and prayers. Always treat others like you would want to be treated no matter what.

Take Care,

John

Arsenal WV
04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Well put Cali.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Well put Cali.Thanks bro. I just hate to lose very good friends especially when there health wasn't the best in the past. Take care. Cali, bro, or John works. Have a great weekend!

WeVie
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Well said. That is so true. There used to be someone I talked to on IRC all the time almost every day for a very long time but now they are gone.

Arsenal WV
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks bro. I just hate to lose very good friends especially when there health wasn't the best in the past. Take care. Cali, bro, or John works. Have a great weekend!

Thanks man! I'm John too btw.

I remember a few years ago we had a poster on the college football board named Shula or something, his sig was Shula as well.. He was a huge Notre Dame fan and posted on there all the time. I always wondered what happened to him.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah there are a bunch of posters on this site that used to post frequently, and have suddenly just vanished. The_Don74 and GoonBoss to name a few. Havn't seen them around in almost a year, and I wonder if something happened to them or if they just got fed up with the site and left. I don't reckon I'll ever know.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Yeah there are a bunch of posters on this site that used to post frequently, and have suddenly just vanished. The_Don74 and GoonBoss to name a few. Havn't seen them around in almost a year, and I wonder if something happened to them or if they just got fed up with the site and left. I don't reckon I'll ever know.It may not have had to be anything with the site here. I used to be on posting more at three of the best Dolphin sites out there, including this one. i have had my time cut way down due to a new job in the last year and working very hard, taking care of my wife's grandmother that lives with us, and my father in law that is close to passing away at the young age of 64 due to Alzheimer's. Brothers and sisters you meet on these great Dolphins sites are priceless. I can tell you that personally. If I am not seen posting for awhile I get a phone call or text checking up and saying hello. These wonderful Dolphin sites that we have offer way more than talking football. I have made friends for life on them. I have the great fortune of meeting the owner of this site in person along with brother d-day as well. There is so much to get out of a great site like this.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
It may not have had to be anything with the site here. I used to be on posting more at three of the best Dolphin sites out there, including this one. i have had my time cut way down due to a new job in the last year and working very hard, taking care of my wife's grandmother that lives with us, and my father in law that is close to passing away at the young age of 64 due to Alzheimer's. Brothers and sisters you meet on these great Dolphins sites are priceless. I can tell you that personally. If I am not seen posting for awhile I get a phone call or text checking up and saying hello. These wonderful Dolphin sites that we have offer way more than talking football. I have made friends for life on them. I have the great fortune of meeting the owner of this site in person along with brother d-day as well. There is so much to get out of a great site like this.
I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. Last year I lost both my grandmother and my grandfather and they both had alzheimers. Fortunately for my grandfather, he wasn't too far along and suffered a massive stroke and went relatively quickly. My grandmother wasn't so lucky, as shed battled alzheimers for six years. It was hard on everyone on the family, watching her get to the point where she couldn't even remember any of us. She was 94 and my grandfather was 84. It's still weird to think about it that we're never going to see them again.

Arsenal WV
04-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that guys. My family is one thing I couldnt live without.

Coming here makes me so happy, I've mad a lot of good friends on here. JCane, Possum, Cedar, Ricky, Tyler. I talk to them on facebook and on here and people sometimes ask "who is that posting on your wall? I don't know him". I tell them they are my FinHeaven/Dolphin brothers and they don't understand.:lol: It's hard being a Dolphins fan sometimes, but the bigger picture is we all have each others backs and will stick up for each other regardless. It's a great feeling being on here and being friends with you guys.

X-Pacolypse
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah there are a bunch of posters on this site that used to post frequently, and have suddenly just vanished. The_Don74 and GoonBoss to name a few. Havn't seen them around in almost a year, and I wonder if something happened to them or if they just got fed up with the site and left. I don't reckon I'll ever know.

GoonBoss is actually over at ThePhins.com these days. I chatted with him a couple of times, he seems to be doing well.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 09:30 PM
GoonBoss is actually over at ThePhins.com these days. I chatted with him a couple of times, he seems to be doing well.
Thanks for the update man. I appreciate that. Any reason why he quit visiting the site?

X-Pacolypse
04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the update man. I appreciate that. Any reason why he quit visiting the site?

Pretty much said something to the extent of: "After being a moderator for so long, I don't think I could blend in with the regulars like I used to. It's kind of like going from inmate to prison guard, then back to inmate."

Arsenal WV
04-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Tell him to quit being a pansy and join the ranks!

JCane is a mod and we still think he's a P.O.S.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Pretty much said something to the extent of: "After being a moderator for so long, I don't think I could blend in with the regulars like I used to. It's kind of like going from inmate to prison guard, then back to inmate."
well tell him if you talk to him again that we miss him over here and he's certainly welcome back any time. That dude was a great poster. I didn't always agree with him, but he was always very respective in his debates. One of his most memorable threads was "Ask Doctor GoonBoss"

d-day
04-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Johnny, gimme an update on Marty when you get it. :hi5:

Bumpus
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Hmm ... Odd.

Gonzo
04-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Johnny, gimme an update on Marty when you get it. :hi5:
Me too please. A good man.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Pretty much said something to the extent of: "After being a moderator for so long, I don't think I could blend in with the regulars like I used to. It's kind of like going from inmate to prison guard, then back to inmate."Sometimes it just takes time away and then things feel more normal.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Johnny, gimme an update on Marty when you get it. :hi5:Brother I had his email, and his cell. Cell got turned off, and he was going to the public library to get on line. That has stopped. he used to post at a fellow Dolphins site phinzmania that stopped. I remembered his son log on at the phins, that email address lead to know where. I am still hoping he is alive at this point. Hopefully he reaches out and contacts someone. Thanks for the concern bro.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Hmm ... Odd.Not really bro. When I was an admin here then the split I went to another site from the split. A couple of my closest friends step down from being staff. We had each others back no matter what. I felt a stray to put it best. I stepped down for good as an Admin, and moved on to where my two very good friends went, another site. I am no longer an Admin and I am extremely happy. I have much respect for staff members, but for me it was better with what is currently going on my life, and that is taking care of elderly family, and family members that don't have very much longer to live.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Not really bro. When I was an admin here then the split I went to another site from the split. A couple of my closest friends step down from being staff. We had each others back no matter what. I felt a stray to put it best. I stepped down for good as an Admin, and moved on to where my two very good friends went, another site. I am no longer an Admin and I am extremely happy. I have much respect for staff members, but for me it was better with what is currently going on my life, and that is taking care of elderly family, and family members that don't have very much longer to live.
Well I'm glad to see your back. In case you didn't know, you are in the sweet 16 of FinHeaven March Madness.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Well I'm glad to see your back. In case you didn't know, you are in the sweet 16 of FinHeaven March Madness.Thanks bro. I didn't know. I appreciate the heads up.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Well I'm glad to see your back. In case you didn't know, you are in the sweet 16 of FinHeaven March Madness.Is there a Thread? if so where?

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Is there a Thread? if so where?
Yes, there is. I'll post the link in this thread. You just won in the round of 32 over hooshoops by virtue of a tiebreaker.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Yes, there is. I'll post the link in this thread. You just won in the round of 32 over hooshoops by virtue of a tiebreaker.Can you post the link cause I can't seem to find it. I appreciate just being nominated to be just in it.

Ricky_Fan34
04-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Here it is: http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297271-Fin-Fan-in-Cali-vs.-hooshoops

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Tell him to quit being a pansy and join the ranks!

JCane is a mod and we still think he's a P.O.S.

**** I used to be a mod, but I still love these parts. I won't be leaving anytime soon.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Here it is: http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297271-Fin-Fan-in-Cali-vs.-hooshoopsThanks a lot bro. I am honored by the votes but he should of moved on as he is a regular contributor here. I have just come back after a few years away after running into Matt and him inviting me back. Thanks to all the family that voted for me. Much appreciation.

Ricky_Fan34
04-02-2011, 12:09 AM
**** I used to be a mod, but I still love these parts. I won't be leaving anytime soon.
The question is... do you love "these parts" as much as "your new baby"?

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 12:14 AM
The question is... do you love "these parts" as much as "your new baby"?

Hmm.

See thats a tough question, my new baby is worth 58k

Finheaven is a great sit with great people.

It's a toss up IMO :lol:

COphinphan89
04-02-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. Last year I lost both my grandmother and my grandfather and they both had alzheimers. Fortunately for my grandfather, he wasn't too far along and suffered a massive stroke and went relatively quickly. My grandmother wasn't so lucky, as shed battled alzheimers for six years. It was hard on everyone on the family, watching her get to the point where she couldn't even remember any of us. She was 94 and my grandfather was 84. It's still weird to think about it that we're never going to see them again.
My grandmother is in her 70's now and has had Alzheimer's for some time. We are not even specs of dust in her mind anymore. She's my last surviving grandparent and I would be surprised if she lived for another year.

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 12:49 AM
My grandmother is in her 70's now and has had Alzheimer's for some time. We are not even specs of dust in her mind anymore. She's my last surviving grandparent and I would be surprised if she lived for another year.

Damn bro, I'm so sorry to hear that alzheimers is a horrible I mean utterly horrible diesease.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Damn bro, I'm so sorry to hear that alzheimers is a horrible I mean utterly horrible diesease.
My father in law has one hand curled up all the time and he can't go to the bathroom by himself any more if he makes it there in time. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I was mowing his yard today at his house and he can barely push a broom and figure out what the dust pan is. He used to be a huge building contractor.

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 12:57 AM
My father in law has one hand curled up all the time and he can't got the bathroom by himself any more if he makes it there in time. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I was mowing his yard today at his house and he can barely push a broom and figure out what the dust pan is. He used to be a huge building contractor.

That's just horrible.

I happy nobody I truly care about has that.

Thank god

Ricky_Fan34
04-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Alzheimers truly is a horrible disease. It is so baffling and it's hard to watch it happen to a family member. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that it's just 'old age', you always know in the back of your mind, that this will likely be what eventually kills them. It's a brutal disease and I cringe at the thought of getting it. I imagine it's frightening to literally be forgetting your life. My grandmother got to the stage where she thought we were poisoning her food and tried to run away. She was always very independant and didn't understand why we had to stay with her. Needless to say, after a year and a half, it got to be too much and we had to put her in a nursing home. It hurt to see her there, but we simply couldn't do it anymore when it got to the point where she was trying to run away.

My grandfather was just starting to get worse when he passed away. I had gone to breakfast one morning with him about 6 months before he died. Before we went, he needed to get gas in his car. Well, when we got to the gas station, he couldn't remember how to pump gas. I knew at that point that it was starting to get bad. That morning at Hardees was honestly my fondest memory of him. We sat there for 2 hours laughing and joking. About a month before he died, we had a huge family get together at a restaurant. When we were leaving, he couldn't remember where he had parked the car and walked right past it and didn't know it was his.

In a way, it was a relief to see him suffer that massive stroke and spare him from the eminent doom that awaited him in Alzheimers. Best of luck to you Fin Fan In Cali. I know it isn't easy.

Steveo 90
04-02-2011, 12:02 PM
ffic i just tried emailing marty..........i will let you know if he responds

tylerdolphin
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that guys. My family is one thing I couldnt live without.

Coming here makes me so happy, I've mad a lot of good friends on here. JCane, Possum, Cedar, Ricky, Tyler. I talk to them on facebook and on here and people sometimes ask "who is that posting on your wall? I don't know him". I tell them they are my FinHeaven/Dolphin brothers and they don't understand.:lol: It's hard being a Dolphins fan sometimes, but the bigger picture is we all have each others backs and will stick up for each other regardless. It's a great feeling being on here and being friends with you guys.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/22130clipartillustrationofayellowemotico-1.jpg

Fin Fan in Cali
04-02-2011, 07:54 PM
ffic i just tried emailing marty..........i will let you know if he respondsThanks bro. I probably have the same one and if it is he doesn't have home internet any more.

WVDolphan
04-03-2011, 12:50 AM
I still want to know what happened to FinFang.

tylerdolphin
04-03-2011, 01:29 AM
I always wondered about Awsie Dooger. I used to look forward to his posts a lot and he just kinda vanished.

Ricky_Fan34
04-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah Awsi Dooger probably hasn't been around since last offseason. He was right up there with CK and Tedslimm.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Me too please. A good man.Brother Jerry the owner at Phinzmania got in touch with him today. He has been ill, and doesn't have a personal phone as times have been tough for him.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Here is a link to the thread at Phinzmania. You can click on the donate button to help a great fellow Dolphin fan who started out here years ago who is in need. It is located on the main screen on the right hand corner between video and FAQ under Phinzmania sign.

http://www.phinzmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78334

Huge thanks to the staff for allowing me to post this here. All donations will be greatly appreciated for a very proud ex Navy man.

John