PDA

View Full Version : Universaldraft invited to do Path to the Draft

Conuficus
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi guys, just thought I would let you know that we have gotten an invitation to do Path to the Draft on NFL Network. Don't know many particulars at the moment, but I have to say we're all stunned. Without all of you guys putting us out there as well, we wouldn't be where we are.

Skree
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi guys, just thought I would let you know that we have gotten an invitation to do Path to the Draft on NFL Network. Don't know many particulars at the moment, but I have to say we're all stunned. Without all of you guys putting us out there as well, we wouldn't be where we are.Sweet ! Great ups guys.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
SAWEEEET!!!! wow, that is pretty awesome!

thejetssuck
04-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I have been following you guys for years. I knew it was just a matter of time till someone took notice. I couldn't be happier for you guys! Well done!!!

Show Me Your TDs
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
That's Fing awesome. I knew you guys would get picked nationally. hopefully some type of job that you guys would want comes out of this.

X-Pacolypse
04-01-2011, 10:03 PM
WOW. That is GREAT, GREAT, GREAT news! This is a testament to all the hardwork you guys have been doing. Congrats!

bdhock
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
OK, is this for real or April fools

Conuficus
04-01-2011, 10:10 PM
If its a joke I am just as gullible. Unless these guys are just pulling my leg. I doubt it though.

Skree
04-01-2011, 10:11 PM
lol. If so it got me.

Roonnette
04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I hate april 1st. nothing's for real.

damanref10
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Fantastic News, Congratulations!!!!

Keep putting out the great work!

Mr. Magoo
04-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow. That's awesome. It really says something for the "depth over quantity" approach. And the wisdom of focusing on controversial quarterbacks (which you guys might not have done had Chad Henne not had a mediocre year... he deserves a shout out from you guys, lol).

No pressure on the next one! The only way you guys could top it is an article showing proof that Nick Fairley is actually a spirit force from the Planet Zeptar. I'm sure bleacherreport has something on it.

Conuficus
04-01-2011, 11:38 PM
The next Draft Winds is Andy Dalton.

Mr. Magoo
04-02-2011, 12:10 AM

Huh. That's going to be a tough one. He's mostly hard to criticize until you realize all of a sudden that he's gone through an entire game with only one or two passes that were even difficult, to say nothing of NFL-worthy. He orchestrates that offense very well but it's not going to be nearly as easy for him at the next level. Plus, there's the one or two times a game he makes an absolutely baffling decision. Skinny posts into a single high safety look, stuff like that, where it gives you the impression he's just not reading the whole defense.

Watching his game against San Diego State reminded me of watching Kevin Kolb this year against Atlanta. Statistical success, big plays. But ultimately a hollow performance.

He's my lowest rated draftable quarterback, of which I only have seven or eight. I don't know if Greg McElroy has what it takes to be an NFL player -- in fact, I somewhat doubt it -- but Dalton ranks below him on my board.

Good luck. I look forward to reading it. I dug the piece on Ponder.

Conuficus
04-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Funny thing. His OC was the starting QB at OU when I walked on.

Dogbone34
04-02-2011, 01:09 AM
That's cool, you guys deserve it.

Welcome to the world of television.

ckparrothead
04-02-2011, 01:55 AM
If this is an April Fool's joke then it's a pretty despicable one. I don't even know what to say. Other than, NFL NETWORK *******!!!!!!

JC
04-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Really glad you guys are getting this opportunity. If there's two people that deserve it, it is you both. You work hard at what you do and you know what you are talking about. Congratulations!

Da Phinishisher
04-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Effing awesome!!! Best of luck to you guys with this, your collective star is on the rise. I listened to you CK here in Denver chat with Cecil Lammey and was like no way that's sick you get to do radio...

BUT NFL NETWORK!?!?! That's off the charts. Congrats!

dolfan_101
04-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Big ups to you boys

emeraldfin
04-02-2011, 05:44 AM
You guys deserve it. Your analysis and breakdown of prospects is second to none. You can see the sheer volume of work that goes into every article and its great to see it paying off for you guys.

bdhock
04-02-2011, 07:55 AM
You guys do great work and your not afraid to voice your own opinion even if its different then the national media, like with Mallett. Most of the time your right, I can remember Boomer taking about the Dolphins and Odrick, I think about the time of the senior Bowl last year.

Locke
04-02-2011, 08:29 AM
I can't think of anyone else who deserve it more. Congratulations guys...

j-off-her-doll
04-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Very well deserved. Congrats guys.

fin13
04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Well CONGRATS well deserved, and look forward to seeing the average IQ at NFL network increased.

Conuficus
04-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Really glad you guys are getting this opportunity. If there's two people that deserve it, it is you both. You work hard at what you do and you know what you are talking about. Congratulations!

So I'm chopped liver huh? Geesh. :lol:

ROADRUNNER
04-02-2011, 08:51 AM
great news.............

Conuficus
04-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I can't believe this is real. This is in a nutshell, insane.

hooshoops
04-02-2011, 09:23 AM

boooooooo!!! :lol:

hooshoops
04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
congrats...just don't pull a demarcus van dyke 1st round pick like that one female beat writer for a team in the 20's came on there and said...i almost fell out of my chair when she said that and the network guys completely blew it off

Valandui
04-02-2011, 10:06 AM
congrats...just don't pull a demarcus van dyke 1st round pick like that one female beat writer for a team in the 20's came on there and said...i almost fell out of my chair when she said that and the network guys completely blew it off
You mean like Torrey Smith for us?

hooshoops
04-02-2011, 10:15 AM
You mean like Torrey Smith for us?

torrey smiths not a good pick that high no doubt but van dyke in the 1st round...well that's HORRID...he's not even on my board

phinfan33
04-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Congrats to you guys!!! y'all do damn good work with the writeups&breakdowns of the players and i for one enjoy reading them and learn alot from what i read...it'd be effin awesome to turn on NFLN and hear&see Universaldraft on there...keep up the good work guys!!!!!

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I wanted to kick Jeff Darlington in the nuts when i heard him say Torrey Smith on NFL network for our pick.

After reading you guys' stuff on here i was amazed at the thought and work that went into it....so i wondered if EVERY team has people like ya'll that really takes it seriously. I searched several other fan forum sites and was able to find NOTHING close to the depth that you guys produce. Cut ups, insight, analysis proof of your points instead of just hot air and attitude (not that any of you lack attitude).
When you find out when it will be aired please let us all know so we can record!! Kinda curious what you guys look like too. (is that weird?)
Cheers

Show Me Your TDs
04-02-2011, 11:53 AM

Yeah I saw that and died laughing. They didn't even address it and totally talked about other prospects she didn't even mentioned. What a lameo.

Show Me Your TDs
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
I wanted to kick Jeff Darlington in the nuts when i heard him say Torrey Smith on NFL network for our pick.

You and me both!

JCPHIN_PHAN
04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Like what everyone else said, I am stoked for you guys. I have been reading your posts for over 7 years now. You guys deserve this. This will probably lead you to more and more opportunities. Just don't forget to come back and post here when you guys are big-timers!

ticophin
04-02-2011, 02:06 PM
well deserved!!!

fin13
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I would love to see CK's financial analysis work.

Austin Tatious
04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Congrats guys! You deserve the attention. Your work keeps getting better and better. This year's work is better than ever. Please keep us posted on your various appearances so we can catch them.

Spesh
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Congrats, well deserved. Give us a warning when your going to be on there.

ckparrothead
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
I would love to see CK's financial analysis work.

LOL I'm not sure this is what the crowd is asking for...

LouPhinFan
04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Looking forward to it! I've got Chris's Finsider's interview waiting on my iPod for me to listen to on Monday at work!

kcbrown
04-02-2011, 10:12 PM
The power of hardwork + the internet = opportunities. Keep up the good work. Doing what you love is what we all strive for - hopefully this will lead to several more opportunities and assignments.

ckparrothead
04-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Looking forward to it! I've got Chris's Finsider's interview waiting on my iPod for me to listen to on Monday at work!

I hope you don't find it too granular. I felt like because of the very SMALL amount of time alotted I had to make it way more informational than jocular, otherwise there's NO way you could make a convincing argument in such a short amount of time.

ckparrothead
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
The power of hardwork + the internet = opportunities. Keep up the good work. Doing what you love is what we all strive for - hopefully this will lead to several more opportunities and assignments.

Being 100% honest I never thought this would happen. To borrow a concept from Sparano, I just keep my nose to the grindstone and spend ridiculous amounts of time doing what I love because I love it, not because I had a plan for where exactly it was going to get me, and when.

Clipse
04-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Congrats to you guys. Well deserved.

JBinSD
04-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Nobody deserves this as much as you guys. We are lucky as fans to have so much in-depth info on prospects.

Way to go!

JC
04-03-2011, 01:43 AM
So I'm chopped liver huh? Geesh. :lol:

Lol thats why I said you guys and you two deserve this! at the end when I said you I assumed since I said you two and you guys at the beginning it was a transfer of the adjective to you both :up:

greasyObnoxious
04-03-2011, 05:42 AM
congratulations. a well deserved honor for you guys

Fin Thirteen
04-03-2011, 07:47 AM
I think your analysis has taken another big step forward this year and it looks a lot like the step that gets you recognised and rewarded for all the grind. I hope it's the first of many. Make sure you milk that big break for all it's worth!

tical
04-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I'm not surprised in the least! Congratulations

NoblePhin
04-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Easy pick for me, you guys deserve it. keep it up.

DAFINZ
04-03-2011, 09:50 AM
About f'ing time. You guys are leagues better than majority of the "experts" in the mainstream media. I just hope now that you guys are making it to the big stage, you won't forget us finheaven-ians! :)

fin13
04-03-2011, 11:03 AM
LOL I'm not sure this is what the crowd is asking for...

I meant it, I'm sure It would be insightful and thorough and all of us in the crowd might need it.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Lol thats why I said you guys and you two deserve this! at the end when I said you I assumed since I said you two and you guys at the beginning it was a transfer of the adjective to you both :up:

Correct me if i am wrong but i think his point is that there are three of them.
Richard, Simon and Chris? Right?

fin13
04-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Being 100% honest I never thought this would happen. To borrow a concept from Sparano, I just keep my nose to the grindstone and spend ridiculous amounts of time doing what I love because I love it, not because I had a plan for where exactly it was going to get me, and when.

Yeah, but you guys really deserve this opportunity, your product is consistently solid, full of info and depth.
You have an approach that is multidimensional kind of like 3D vs analog views by the draft gurus.

TedSlimmJr
04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
The guys at Universal Draft have always done outstanding work, and seem to get better each year. Even if we don't always agree, I've always enjoyed reading the takes you have on prospects and discussing where we're all coming from.

Point is, you guys do good work and are dedicated to it.... this is a well deserved opportunity.

Even the talking heads at NFLN (former players, coaches, GM's, etc.) aren't as dedicated as some of us are to reviewing film of college kids and providing some insight, followed by an opinion. They'll put out their "mock drafts" admitting that they haven't even watched film of some of the kids on it.

If the guys at Universal Draft have any peers out there in the industry, they're very few... and that includes any and every talking head, analyst, and draftnik that gets paid to talk about these college kids as NFL prospects.

ckparrothead
04-03-2011, 08:02 PM
The guys at Universal Draft have always done outstanding work, and seem to get better each year. Even if we don't always agree, I've always enjoyed reading the takes you have on prospects and discussing where we're all coming from.

Point is, you guys do good work and are dedicated to it.... this is a well deserved opportunity.

Even the talking heads at NFLN (former players, coaches, GM's, etc.) aren't as dedicated as some of us are to reviewing film of college kids and providing some insight, followed by an opinion. They'll put out their "mock drafts" admitting that they haven't even watched film of some of the kids on it.

If the guys at Universal Draft have any peers out there in the industry, they're very few... and that includes any and every talking head, analyst, and draftnik that gets paid to talk about these college kids as NFL prospects.

Thanks for the kind words. Means a lot, especially as we respect your own work so much.

ckparrothead
04-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Incidentally for those curious, we still haven't set on a date and we're in a holding pattern that way. But we've settled out some logistics. The NFL Network is going to arrange to have me let into the team facilities to use the team camera that the NFL Network has stashed there.

beanh8er
04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Incidentally for those curious, we still haven't set on a date and we're in a holding pattern that way. But we've settled out some logistics. The NFL Network is going to arrange to have me let into the team facilities to use the team camera that the NFL Network has stashed there.
Team facilities? Miami team facilities?

Roonnette
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
What are you talking about? What team? What are you going to do with the camera? An interview from the Miami practice facility?

ckparrothead
04-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Yes a link-up interview with the people at the NFL Network desk from Miami Dolphins team headquarters.

Roonnette
04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Awesome!

beanh8er
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes a link-up interview with the people at the NFL Network desk from Miami Dolphins team headquarters.
That's really ****ing awesome.

Conuficus
04-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Just giving you **** man.

Conuficus
04-03-2011, 09:29 PM

Yes. But I'm still giving him **** too. Can't miss the opportunity. :lol:

JC
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM

There's three of them? I thought there were only two...

Conuficus
04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
There's three of them? I thought there were only two...

Ha ha. No we are 3. Have been for 3 years coincidentally. :lol:

I'm the guy that has taking Sean Smith in RD 1 2 years ago. That went over well. :lol:

Roonnette
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
You guys have hit big time after years of hard work, on major So Fla newspaper, NFL Net, Peter King refers to you. Now you need a publicist to get you writing engagements across the country.

Kthurmus23
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow. Great job guys, congratulations!

DearbornDolfan
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Congrats, guys. I'm still amused to this day that I was mostly right about Sean Smith, but it's pretty hard to be perfect.

MadDog 88
04-04-2011, 12:39 AM
I have always been an X's and O's guy not really focusing on the draft or the prospects other then listening to analysts voice their opinions. Over the course of the last 2 seasons you guys have stoked my interest in the draft process and given me a terrific education on evaluating prospects. We are very fortunate to have you guys as part of the FH family and I wish you guys nothing but success in your endeavors.

rrrrphin
04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Congrats guys! It's been great reading your material and learning over the past few years.

You seem to enjoy your research/work and it's great that you are finally getting the recognition that you deserve. i hope you can run with it and take it onto bigger nad better things.

please don't forget us mere mortals who do enjoy your work.

cheers!

Conuficus
04-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Thanks to everyone for their kind comments, we do appreciate it. :up:

LouPhinFan
04-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I hope you don't find it too granular. I felt like because of the very SMALL amount of time alotted I had to make it way more informational than jocular, otherwise there's NO way you could make a convincing argument in such a short amount of time.

Yeah the interview clocked in a 12:10, but you did an excellent job of abridging the Mallett info for that amount of time allotted. I thought it was a pretty good interview.

On an unrelated note:

Why does this thread only have 3 stars?

ckparrothead
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah the interview clocked in a 12:10, but you did an excellent job of abridging the Mallett info for that amount of time allotted. I thought it was a pretty good interview.

On an unrelated note:

Why does this thread only have 3 stars?

Cuz hataz gon hate.

emeraldfin
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
On an unrelated topic, any of you guys at Univerisal doing up any mock drafts this year?

ckparrothead
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Yup. I usually do three. I'll probably only do two this year. One should be relatively soon, the other will be very close to the Draft.

Chubby
04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
As i mentioned on twitter, this is much deserved. You guys are as complete and thorough as anyone else out there. We are lucky to have you connected to the fins community.

I am curious as to what type of "coaching" NFLN will do prior to your bit. Always wanted to know how much of it is scripted for the guests or if the guests really have an open air for their own opinion. They always seem to have the perfect group for every conversation that includes a few on the same side of the convo and always one against. Always found it interesting.

Either way grats to you guys!! Super excited that we are being represented!!!!!!
Chubbs

ps. Now that you guys are making it big, dont forget us small fries at finheaven :)

pps. still waiting for you guys to do a buyable draft guide :) Hint Hint

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-04-2011, 05:25 PM
So it sounds as if the piece has come out already? Link?

dolfan_101
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
I have always been an X's and O's guy not really focusing on the draft or the prospects other then listening to analysts voice their opinions. Over the course of the last 2 seasons you guys have stoked my interest in the draft process and given me a terrific education on evaluating prospects. We are very fortunate to have you guys as part of the FH family and I wish you guys nothing but success in your endeavors.

This.

Over the past two seasons you all have really spiked my interest in the draft and scounting prospects. It's fun and it's hard work but you guys are damn good at it.

Mile High Fin
04-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Holy bat-crap!

I saw this on April 1st, and immediately thought it was an April Fool's Joke, because it's just too dam re-dunk-u-lous to be legit.

Good luck, run with it, and don't look back.....

Austin Tatious
04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Will you guys please run a new thread to let us know the details? I don't want to miss it.

If you have Podcast interviews, I like downloading them and listening in my car on my commute. I have the finsiders interview cued up this morning.

where's th'fish
04-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Congratulations! Great news. My only regret is that we won't see much of ck's posts once you guys start making a career in sports journalism, but hey, kids have to leave the nest at some point.

Minnphin
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Really enjoyed the appearance on PA this morning CK...was a pleasant surprise!

ckparrothead
04-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Really enjoyed the appearance on PA this morning CK...was a pleasant surprise!

Thanks! It only came about late last night too, lol. Otherwise I'd have tried to advertise it more.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks! It only came about late last night too, lol. Otherwise I'd have tried to advertise it more.
Come on guys.....we wanna know what the hell you guys are talking about! We all want to see a clip of CK doing his thing.......Whats PA? Can i find it on the net? NFL Network? Help a brotha out

kizzaboo
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
It was on KFAN 1130AM, a sports radio station in the Minnesota area. CK made an appearance on Paul Allen's show this morning.

CK, do you have a link other than the live feed on the site?

ckparrothead
04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
No, I asked the producer if they archived their appearances like that so that people can follow a link and go to it and he hasn't got back to me yet.

It was about 15 minutes long or so. Went over a lot of stuff in the piece, as well as some additional stuff on Mallett.

They seem to be under the impression that the Vikings are doing an extraordinary amount of digging on Ryan so maybe that's worth noting. They keep coming up with comparisons of Drew Bledsoe on the high side...but I'm like man, that's mean. On the high side I compare him to more to Peyton Manning and Tom Brady because those are the two he's studied tape on and emulated for a long time. He has that kind of ability. Tom Brady ran a 5.28. I doubt Peyton Manning does better. Mallett seemed to have a bad run. I watched the video of it and he seemed to get off to a better start on his first run but then pulled up, limped a little...later he said he hurt his groin a little but just kept going because he wanted to get it over with. Didn't seem as fast with his second start.

Either way as I point out on the radio station, if someone thinks he's easy meat in the pocket, 6 out of 7 Alabama defensive players may disagree with that statement. That's how many of their defenders took clean, unblocked shots at him in the pocket, only to end up grasping at air because he avoided them. And I'm not talking like "avoided" by backing away and just getting rid of the ball. I mean like he saw them coming, stepped up or to the side, and they go eating dirt.

Minnphin
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=KFAN_PADubay&selected_podcast=PA_4-8-11_HR2.mp3

CK on PA.

ckparrothead
04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the link!!

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
DUDE!!! I was able to find it on their website!
http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html

Look at the bottom left where it says your name "4/8 Kouffman"

Click on it and you can listen to your interview. Nice work CK!! Love your work and diligence.

haha i was not the first i guess!

RHoffman
04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Congrats!

ckparrothead
04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Congrats!

Thanks man!

ticophin
04-09-2011, 03:01 AM
I used to be hooked on Jason Coles blog over on the Herald...since then, I truly value the hard work you guys put up in your comments/assesments...thay last me for weeks!! Now, Ive been fired at some time from a previous job (and I know Im not alone here)for spending too much time on this site, but I want to aknowledge your work (as the mods as well), for, some of us that have horrible work schedules, find the info on Finheaven the exitement we long for!!

PhinsTD
04-10-2011, 04:43 PM
If it means anything, being recognized by guys like Mayock & Casserly as being worthy of the show makes my belief in, and respect for, you guys go up.

Big ups.

justdev7
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow!!! Great to see you guys getting some recognition. I'm still have to disagree about Cam Newton deserving to be drafted higher than Ryan Mallet but I respect the argument that you make. I think the difference in our opinions comes from where we think Cam Newton is in terms of being pro ready. I think it may take quite awhile for Newton to have the mental command of a pro style offense and I think Mallet's advantage in this area makes him more valuable. The great part is that we'll get to see. Again, congratulations and thanks for all the work you guys do.