PDA

View Full Version : We are weeks away from the draft...

josekareh
04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
and we don't even know if there will be a season... what do you guys think???

Nublar7
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
There will be a season. The question is more about what kind of offseason we will have. April 6th is a HUGE day.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I think baseball just started........

oodolphins
04-03-2011, 08:01 AM

Baseball blows!..................IMO

Built2Win
04-03-2011, 09:27 AM
id rather pick somebody elses nose than watch baseball..
when basketball finishes up it will be college football for me.

i was quite happy i find some UM baby clothes on clearance for my little one..

LANGER72
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
April 28 is huge. It will set the tone for the next season. If we get a QB or RB, there will some additional buzz.
I think the negotiations will bog down until end of July or August. Once the players start losing paychecks from preseason games things will get organized quickly from there. I think the will be 2 preseason games and a 16 game regular season schedule.

Nublar7
04-03-2011, 11:14 AM

You know what they all say about baseball. The best part about the beginning of football is that baseball is just about over.

PhinsPhan11
04-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Baseball blows!..................IMO
Baseball is ok, but you have the NBA and NHL playoffs to carry you until June when you're then stuck with baseball.

Adam First
04-03-2011, 12:01 PM
There will be a season. The question is more about what kind of offseason we will have. April 6th is a HUGE day.

What's on April 6th?

Dogbone34
04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
i'm losing respect for the process and those involved

and what good are 2 months of mock drafts without free agents to throw in the mix

Nublar7
04-03-2011, 02:11 PM
What's on April 6th?

The court hearing about the lockout. If the judge rules in favor of the players, the lockout will be lifted and likely the 2010 rules will be put in place for this season. Free Agency potentially could kick off before the draft.

Roman529
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM
unless you are a phillies fan.

X-Pacolypse
04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
If there's a season, great. If not, oh well. College football isn't going anywhere, and as long I've got that in the fall I'm good.

Nublar7
04-03-2011, 06:11 PM

Not a big baseball fan, but the Phillies are my team also. They are the local team for me.

Nublar7
04-03-2011, 06:15 PM
If there's a season, great. If not, oh well. College football isn't going anywhere, and as long I've got that in the fall I'm good.

See, I have a completely different outlook than you. The Dolphins are my number one team, and even though I am a big Penn State fan and have season tickets, not being able to see my Dolphins would be hell. I could never simply say "oh well", I am just to big of a Dolphins fan. I follow other sports teams, but nothing even comes close to the Dolphins.

X-Pacolypse
04-03-2011, 06:30 PM
See, I have a completely different outlook than you. The Dolphins are my number one team, and even though I am a big Penn State fan and have season tickets, not being able to see my Dolphins would be hell. I could never simply say "oh well", I am just to big of a Dolphins fan. I follow other sports teams, but nothing even comes close to the Dolphins.

There's more to life than the Dolphins. I love this team, and I want them to do well, but I'm not going to sit here worrying and fretting over something that I have absolutely no control over. All the posts in the world by me calling out these greedy b@stards isn't going to make the lockout end today, tomorrow, or the next. That's why I give my other teams or favorite sport the same amount of passion that I give to the Dolphins. That way, if one team does go away or is not doing well, I always have something to fall back on. Emotionally investing yourself so much into just one team just seems like overkill, and in my view often tends to alter the reality as to how one views a team.

Nublar7
04-03-2011, 06:40 PM
There's more to life than the Dolphins. I love this team, and I want them to do well, but I'm not going to sit here worrying and fretting over something that I have absolutely no control over. All the posts in the world by me calling out these greedy b@stards isn't going to make the lockout end today, tomorrow, or the next. That's why I give my other teams or favorite sporte the same amount of passion that I give to the Dolphins. That way, if one team does go away or is not doing well, I always have something to fall back on. Emotionally investing yourself so much into just one team just seems like overkill, and in my view often tends to alter the reality as to how one views a team.
In the same light, not really caring to much about what happens with your team and the willingness to just brush them off when things don't go well is pretty much the definition of a bandwagon fan. Diehard fan and fallback options don't go together. It is probably a big reason why there is negative fans also, they really don't spend a lot of time following the team and just go on what they see at the surface instead of knowing the full story. Really, the ones that claim this team has no shot or seem to think this team is going to collapse have no idea what they are talking about.

Built2Win
04-03-2011, 06:56 PM
In the same light, not really caring to much about what happens with your team and the willingness to just brush them off when things don't go well is pretty much the definition of a bandwagon fan. Diehard fan and fallback options don't go together. It is probably a big reason why there is negative fans also, they really don't spend a lot of time following the team and just go on what they see at the surface instead of knowing the full story. Really, the ones that claim this team has no shot or seem to think this team is going to collapse have no idea what they are talking about.

The D-fence will keep the Dolphins in most games even when the offense sputters.
i could see the dolphins holding teams to 1 touchdown at least 3 times next year..
the magic number is to average 21 points for a playoff birth..

PhinsPhan11
04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah. Go Phils!

Aqua and Orange
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Well, after today our local Marlins are officially under .500, so the baseball season must have started.

The draft can't get here fast enough.

vagrantprodigy
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
The court hearing about the lockout. If the judge rules in favor of the players, the lockout will be lifted and likely the 2010 rules will be put in place for this season. Free Agency potentially could kick off before the draft.

That's very doubtful, because both sides will almost certainly appeal, and an appeal will take time. I wish that wasn't the case, but unfortunately it is.

Built2Win
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Well, after today our local Marlins are officially under .500, so the baseball season must have started.

The draft can't get here fast enough.

ridiculous the owners of the marlins trade best players for prospects so they have a low payroll
and convince the city to build them a billion dollar stadium.
message to the city ..
"just because you build it doesnt mean people will go"
It has affected the tourism in miami as more tourists have avoided the high
hotel tax and go to broward instead..
So now local business take more of a hit.

erralyn
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Really, the ones that claim this team has no shot or seem to think this team is going to collapse have no idea what they are talking about.

The Dolphins have no shot of winning the Superbowl this next year barring the drafting of 1st round QB that will start immediately and have a Marinoesque first season. None whatsoever. Do the Dolphins have a shot at barely missing the playoffs? Maybe. But I believe if the team isn't contending they need to do a complete overhaul of the organization. I believe Jimmy Johnson said "the enemy of good is great." Or maybe that was Parcells. I don't know. This team isn't good, it's mediocre. We aren't going to make the leap to great without a drastic change.

Nublar7
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
The Dolphins have no shot of winning the Superbowl this next year barring the drafting of 1st round QB that will start immediately and have a Marinoesque first season. None whatsoever. Do the Dolphins have a shot at barely missing the playoffs? Maybe. But I believe if the team isn't contending they need to do a complete overhaul of the organization. I believe Jimmy Johnson said "the enemy of good is great." Or maybe that was Parcells. I don't know. This team isn't good, it's mediocre. We aren't going to make the leap to great without a drastic change.
I would rather be hopeful and optimistic than dismissive and pessimistic. This team has a chance.

erralyn
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
This team has a chance.

Please define? A chance to what?

Built2Win
04-04-2011, 12:07 PM

what odds are greater getting andrew luck or winning the super bowel?

Nublar7
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM

Of having a good season. Super Bowl? Maybe not, but this team has the talent and coaching to make the playoffs and possibly do some damage. This team is much closer to being a legitimate contender than it is to being a 2-4 win team.

erralyn
04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't see this team having a chance at winning the Super Bowl next year and another season hovering around .500 (6-10, 7-, 8-8, 9-7, 10-6) is likely to bring us further away from a Super Bowl than us tanking and doing a complete overhaul of the organization. I'm not rooting for the Dolphins to lose but I realize that mediocrity leads to more mediocrity....and then a total meltdown. Mediocrity doesn't somehow turn into greatness. The Dolphins are going to be mediocre (or worse) no matter what I want to happen....

...though I suppose there's an off chance of aliens bodyjacking the regime and them overhauling the offense and drafting an aggressive, non-robotic quarterback in the middle of the 1st round. I wonder if the aliens will keep the Enrique Iglesias nonstop soundtrack at the stadium.

NBP81
04-05-2011, 11:10 AM
This team is really young, and full of potential, so without any change at all, this team would be better with young players getting more experience.