PDA

View Full Version : Draft Buzz: Tyrod Taylor a Prime Target for Miami

Show Me Your TDs
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-rumors-9743.html

I got a lot of positive feedback on the workout of Virginia Tech QB Tyrod Taylor with the Miami Dolphins. Hearing he could be a mid/late-round option there

Not that I'm surprised by this or anything but I hope Tyrod is only added as a late round prospect for the developmental #3 along with a 1st round prospect as our #2 QB/Potential starter against Henne. I loathe the idea of placing our chips on another low round guy.

footsteps_falco
04-02-2011, 01:43 PM
definitely saw this coming lol

bdhock
04-02-2011, 01:45 PM
I dont mind it in rounds 6-7. That was my problem with pat white selection, not that we gambled on him but we used a high 2nd round pick. If we would have used a 3-4 round pick I would have said maybe worth a gamble but not that high.

Show Me Your TDs
04-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Part of me wants to scream NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hate the idea since I'm all in for a new QB this year. I haven't totally given up on Henne but i believe its time to draft a high end prospect to become the franchise starter by the end of the season.

Elliott 1
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Is this continual comparing of Pat White to Tyrod Taylor a racial thing????? Because they have nothing of any substance in common.

This issue is really becoming disgusting to me. It is almost as stupid as comparing 6'5" 233 lbs. Colin Kaepernick to 5'11.5" 188 lbs. Pat White.

Look, the Dolphins only have 1 QB under contract. I like Taylor to be drafted in a the mid to late rounds to compete with another QB taken earlier.

I've changed my mind about signing a veteran. For one thing they are expensive, and Henne IS a veteran. Dolphins could be better off drafting two QB's and spending that 2-10 million elsewhere.

Taylor is a smart guy with serious skills and athleticism. Yes, he may eventually switch positions, but in my mind that could turn out very positive.

Mr. Magoo
04-02-2011, 02:19 PM
If the Dolphins select Tyrod Taylor I will mail Jeff Ireland a bag of my vomit.

Valandui
04-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty cool with this if he's going to be a Brad Smith type project. As a QB, definitely not.

X-Pacolypse
04-02-2011, 02:24 PM
If they think he's the QB of the future, this team is in more trouble than it already is.

hooshoops
04-02-2011, 02:24 PM
my god...did miami not watch this kid blow chunks all over the field when asked to play a drop back pro style qb and not be a duel threat think run first guy at the postseason all star game??? jeez...

the wildcat lives on...unfortunately

Show Me Your TDs
04-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty cool with this if he's going to be a Brad Smith type project. As a QB, definitely not.

This.

hooshoops
04-02-2011, 02:37 PM
and there's that brandon harris talk j off her doll...sounds like split grades there

bdhock
04-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Is this continual comparing of Pat White to Tyrod Taylor a racial thing????? Because they have nothing of any substance in common.

This issue is really becoming disgusting to me. It is almost as stupid as comparing 6'5" 233 lbs. Colin Kaepernick to 5'11.5" 188 lbs. Pat White.

Look, the Dolphins only have 1 QB under contract. I like Taylor to be drafted in a the mid to late rounds to compete with another QB taken earlier.

I've changed my mind about signing a veteran. For one thing they are expensive, and Henne IS a veteran. Dolphins could be better off drafting two QB's and spending that 2-10 million elsewhere.

Taylor is a smart guy with serious skills and athleticism. Yes, he may eventually switch positions, but in my mind that could turn out very positive.
Where in the world do you get the racial thing at. you say they have nothing in common. they are both short QBs with average arms but could make big plays with arms and legs. neither where nfl ready passers.both could be used in the wildcat. Go back and read scouting reports from Mel Kiper and rob rang about Pat White than read the same on Taylor. Their skill-set is a lot the same. Actually they are both a lot like Thigpen

datruth55
04-02-2011, 03:50 PM
If we draft Tyrod Taylor then it will be official that Jeff Ireland clearly doesn't know how to evaluation a QB. Taylor is just a beefed up version of Pat White.

Oh and Colin Kaepernick IMO is another, even more, beefed up version of Pat White.

Elliott 1
04-02-2011, 04:43 PM
If we draft Tyrod Taylor then it will be official that Jeff Ireland clearly doesn't know how to evaluation a QB. Taylor is just a beefed up version of Pat White.

Oh and Colin Kaepernick IMO is another, even more, beefed up version of Pat White.

So in reality any QB you don't care for is a beefed version of Pat White.

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
:bobdole:

Taylor blows as a qb prospect.

Now as a developmental player to switch positions I'm all for it.

Brad Smith esque IMO

Mr. Magoo
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Why screw around with a "Brad Smith" type prospect -- and let's be clear, Tyrod Taylor has neither Smith's size or athleticism -- when there are plenty of good receivers and return men in this draft.

The piece our wide receiver core needs is a deep threat. Does anybody actually think Tyrod Taylor is going to provide that? And where's the sense in keeping a guy as a return man who 1) has never been a return man before, and 2) isn't particularly needed thanks to the change in the kickoff rules.

Aldrick Robinson would be a much better pick.

Dolphin39
04-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Why screw around with a "Brad Smith" type prospect -- and let's be clear, Tyrod Taylor has neither Smith's size or athleticism -- when there are plenty of good receivers and return men in this draft.

The piece our wide receiver core needs is a deep threat. Does anybody actually think Tyrod Taylor is going to provide that? And where's the sense in keeping a guy as a return man who 1) has never been a return man before, and 2) isn't particularly needed thanks to the change in the kickoff rules.

Excellent post; I agree completely!

jlfin
04-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Kind of reminds me of the Marcus Vick experiment

LouPhinFan
04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Its a smokescreen! They really want another 7th round/undraft project prospect!

If we take this kid, it better be with that compensatory pick we just got.

X-Pacolypse
04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Kind of reminds me of the Marcus Vick experiment

Marcus just lived off his brothers reputation at Va Tech. At least Tyrod has some talent to work with, but he doesn't want to switch positions.

newlownorder
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I can't claim I've seen enough taylor on film to say no or yes, most of what I've seen from him was from ryan williams tape. Not impressed so far.

Aqua and Orange
04-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Anyone else sensing the Dolphins will completely reach to get this guy and then regret it?

MP-Omnis
04-03-2011, 01:24 AM
If they want a Brad Smith project, go out and get Brad Smith. Tyrod couldn't do squat against Stanford after the half in the orange bowl. NFL defenses will ensnare his any chance of success.

ckparrothead
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah I don't understand the interest in Tyrod Taylor either.

fins_rock
04-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't mind if they spend one of our 7th rd picks on him. He's not worth more than a 7th though, and they better pick a legitimate QB high in the draft to compete with Robo Henne.

hooshoops
04-03-2011, 11:22 AM

yeah...the brad smith comparison stuff seems like a wishful stretch to me...not to mention how many guys have tried to be make a brad smith like conversion and never been worth a damn...while there's other deep threats i'd prefer over robinson he'd be a better pick than taylor...

BlueFin
04-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Please, another short QB from a Virginia college with accuracy issues?....really?

Doesn't this sound too familar?

datruth55
04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't mind if they spend one of our 7th rd picks on him. He's not worth more than a 7th though, and they better pick a legitimate QB high in the draft to compete with Robo Henne.

This year I would mind if we spent a 7th round pick on him. Given that we can't sign undrafted free agents we need to draft wisely and I'd rather take a developmental player at a position that would see the field quicker than QB (since you can only play one) and would help on special teams in some capacity.

JEDIJ007
04-04-2011, 02:08 PM
pat white 2.0

Dolphin39
04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
pat white 2.0

I think you are right.

MadDog 88
04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
It's thoughts like this that may be generating in the FO that make me leery of the approaching draft.