PDA

View Full Version : ILB and Wr

malzacher
04-02-2011, 04:26 PM
what would you guys think about taking Martez Wilson in the first. Big 6'4 250lb ILb from illinois. Runs a 4.49 forty, could cover the te's, better then crowder..high motor guy..looks great and then in the 3rd or if we get a 2nd..or 3rd go and get greg little. suspended last year for accepting cash, a little diva guy but is 6'2 225 was a running back, converted to wr, runs a 4.5 forty. Would be a great compliment to Marshall, runs people over and is comparible to Boldin..

dr.jake
04-02-2011, 04:31 PM
we just spent two high #2's on marshall.there are many other positions to fill.

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Little, measurement wise, is very similar to Hartline. If we add a WR, we need to add a speed guy. Wilson is a borderline first rounder, who has some issues. We don't need an ILB that bad, considering our holes on offense. I don't think a better ILB would get us an extra win, whereas a good RB, speedy WR, or best of all, a good OL addition might be the difference.

Kdawg954
04-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Wait for ILB next year, that class looks to be loaded. WR needs to be a deep threat that can stretch the field with his speed.

finfan54
04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
one position that constantly gets overlooked is KR. We need special people. If were to get sproles is FA that would be awesome. We are set at WR IMO except a guy who can return kicks. We need that more than many think. I am sure the return guys are what we have our eye on. That why we wanted Cribbs in cleveland last year.

LouPhinFan
04-02-2011, 04:56 PM
If we're going to draft an ILB to eventually replace Crowder then it better be Herzlich in the middle rounds.

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 05:00 PM
If we're going to draft an ILB to eventually replace Crowder then it better be Herzlich in the middle rounds.

Herzlich doesn't look like the same guy anymore. He ran close to a 5.0 40 time, and just isn't an good talent. He may end up going undrafted, or at the earliest go in the fifth, even with a very weak LB class.

Phinatic8u
04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Herzlich doesn't look like the same guy anymore. He ran close to a 5.0 40 time, and just isn't an good talent. He may end up going undrafted, or at the earliest go in the fifth, even with a very weak LB class.

He was a guarented top 10 pick 2 years ago to, very sad story

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM
He was a guarented top 10 pick 2 years ago to, very sad story

Definetly a sad story. I wish he'd have come back at full speed, but with his decline, and the health issues, I don't see how you can invest a 4th or better on him.

LouPhinFan
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM

Herzlich won't go undrafted. Sure he's lost some of his burst, but he'll still make an outstanding ILB in a 3-4. The Patriots will take him and he'll have a 12 year career.

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Herzlich won't go undrafted. Sure he's lost some of his burst, but he'll still make an outstanding ILB in a 3-4. The Patriots will take him and he'll have a 12 year career.

No way they'll take him. They already have a very slow thumper in Spikes. If he goes undrafted, they may take a flier on him, or use him as a camp body. The only chance he has at this point of seriously regaining his status before the draft is to have a private workout, and look amazing in that private workout.

kcbrown
04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
one position that constantly gets overlooked is KR. We need special people. If were to get sproles is FA that would be awesome. We are set at WR IMO except a guy who can return kicks. We need that more than many think. I am sure the return guys are what we have our eye on. That why we wanted Cribbs in cleveland last year.

What the hell are you talking about? Cobbs is our guy, Tony loves him. *sarcasm*

vagrantprodigy
04-02-2011, 11:49 PM

I'm fairly happy with Carroll at KR.

Valandui
04-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Herzlich is only like a year and a half removed from chemo and still looked great in position drills. He has gradually started to get his speed and explosiveness back, although it has been a slow process. He is absolutely worth a fourth or fifth round pick. Low risk, high reward guy.

hooshoops
04-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Definetly a sad story. I wish he'd have come back at full speed, but with his decline, and the health issues, I don't see how you can invest a 4th or better on him.

i agree...i wouldn't look his way before the 5th...this isn't some injury we're talkin about that needs time...this is ****ing cancer...he may never be anything but a shadow of his former self

Valandui
04-03-2011, 11:56 AM
i agree...i wouldn't look his way before the 5th...this isn't some injury we're talkin about that needs time...this is ****ing cancer...he may never be anything but a shadow of his former self
Even a shadow of his former self would be a great player. If he got back to sixty percent of his former self he would be an upgrade over Crowder.