PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason - Now with options!

Mage_Phin
04-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Mock A:

Free Agency
Resign:
Tony McDaniel
Paul Soliai
Richie Incognito
Channing Crowder

Sign:
Mike Sims-Walker

Draft:
Trade the #15 overall pick for a low 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick (its very difficult to find realistic trading partners for this scenario, but I'm sure the Dolphins will figure it out).
1. Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas
2. Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
3. Jake Kirkpatrick C Texas Christian
4. Virgil Green TE Nevada
5. Bilal Powell RB Louisville
6. Steven Friday OLB Virginia Tech
7. Tyrod Taylor QB Virginia Tech
7. Philip Livas KR/PR Louisiana Tech
7. Alex Wujciak ILB Maryland

That leaves us with:

QB - Ryan Mallett, Chad Henne, Tyrod Taylor
RB - Ryan Williams, Lex Hilliard, Bilal Powell
FB - Lousaka Polite
WR - Brandon Marshall, Mike Sims-Walker, Davone Bess[/URL], Brian Hartline, Philip Livas
TE - Anthony Fasano, Virgil Green
OT - Jake Long, Vernon Carey, Nate Garner, Lydon Murtha
OG - Richie Incognito, John Jerry
C - Jake Kirkpatrick, Joe Berger

NT - Paul Soliai, Ryan Baker
DE - Randy Starks, Kendall Langford, Jared Odrick, Tony McDaniel, Philip Merling
OLB - Cameron Wake, Koa Misi, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Steven Friday
ILB - Karlos Dansby, Channing Crowder, AJ Edds, Alex Wujciak
CB - Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Will Allen, Nolan Carroll
FS - Chris Clemons, Reshad Jones
SS - Yeremiah Bell, Tyrone Culver

K - Dan Carpenter
P - Brandon Fields
KR/PR - Philip Livas

Sorry if I messed up (left someone off) on the depth chart.

or

Mock B:

Free Agency
Resign:
Tony McDaniel
Paul Soliai
Richie Incognito
Channing Crowder

Sign:
Mike Sims-Walker

Draft:
Trade the #15 overall pick for a low 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick (its very difficult to find realistic trading partners for this scenario, but I'm sure the Dolphins will figure it out).
1. Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
2. Christian Ponder QB Florida State
3. Jake Kirkpatrick C Texas Christian
4. Virgil Green TE Nevada
5. Bilal Powell RB Louisville
6. Steven Friday OLB Virginia Tech
7. Tyrod Taylor QB Virginia Tech
7. Philip Livas KR/PR Louisiana Tech (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/)
7. Alex Wujciak ILB Maryland

That leaves us with:

QB - Christian Ponder, Chad Henne, Tyrod Taylor
RB - Mikel Leshoure, Lex Hilliard, Bilal Powell
FB - Lousaka Polite
WR - Brandon Marshall, Mike Sims-Walker, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Philip Livas
TE - Anthony Fasano, Virgil Green
OT - Jake Long, Vernon Carey, Nate Garner, Lydon Murtha
OG - Richie Incognito, John Jerry
C - Jake Kirkpatrick, Joe Berger

NT - Paul Soliai, Ryan Baker
DE - Randy Starks, Kendall Langford, Jared Odrick, Tony McDaniel, Philip Merling
OLB - Cameron[URL="http://www.finheaven.com/forums/"] (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/) Wake, Koa Misi, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Steven Friday
ILB - Karlos Dansby, Channing Crowder, AJ Edds, Alex Wujciak
CB - Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Will Allen, Nolan Carroll
FS - Chris Clemons, Reshad Jones
SS - Yeremiah Bell, Tyrone Culver

K - Dan Carpenter
P - Brandon Fields
KR/PR - Philip Livas

I know not huge differences, but still. Which would you guys prefer?

ROADRUNNER
04-03-2011, 09:54 AM
A...........

phinfan33
04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah i'll go with Mock A also....

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-03-2011, 11:13 AM
A but both sound pretty sound to me. I would be happy if either worked out but i am kind of pulling for Mallet.

state06
04-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I like A just for the fact that it is easier to find running backs to contribute late than it is any other skill position. I'd prefer Mallet/Ponder round 1. I'd love to get powell in the 5th

BostonPhin4
04-03-2011, 01:01 PM
A!!!! A!!!!!! For all that is holy A!!!!!!

If we got Mallet and Williams I wouldn't even care what happened in the rest of the draft

nyfinzfan
04-03-2011, 02:17 PM
gimme B. Hate Mallet and like Ponder. Man crush on Leshoure also.:hump:

Elliott 1
04-03-2011, 02:41 PM
If McDaniel is re-signed, Starks is getting tradeed.

Soliai,Incognito and Channing Crowder are all under contract, why list them in your free agency section??

Sims-Walker?? There are too many reason why this is a bad idea to even attempt explaining here. Several articles have been written after Mike's twitter. They are out there for anyone to read.

Doubt the Dolphins would draft Mallett in the 3rd let alone the 1st.

Kirkpatrick wouldn't even make the roster. Incognito will play center and Berger will be backup with Gardner able to play center in case the other two are incapicitated.

Green may slide to the middle of the 4th, but I doubt it.

Tyrod Taylor will be long gone before the 7th, he is too good of an athlete.

Sporano called Amaya the best special teams coverage player. If all the DB's stay healthy through training camp, Culver probably gets cut, unless they are able to trade him.
Amaya is the Dolphins best hope right now for a ball hawking play making safety in the future. A grossly underrated prospect IMO.

Wujciak was a heck of college player, but there are 8th graders with far better triangle numbers. Toooooooo slow. He would be worse in coverage than Dobbins and Crowder, and they are two of the worst in the NFL.

If Ponder makes it to the late 2nd in this year's environment I'll eat my hat.

Why do all you guys all but ignore the pass rush?? Steven Friday?? That's it? This is depressing. Where is the improvement?

I guess the RB's are debatable anyway. However, they are not going to draft a RB in the 1st. It just isn't going to happen and people should stop mocking RB's to the Dolphins.

They will probably sign a veteran FA and draft 1 RB, while keeping Hilliard and Sheets. RB's in general have lost relative value. Even DeAngelo Williams and Bradshaw are probably going to be signed on the cheap, and guys like Portis and Barber will be lucky to get signed at league minimum.

If you are going to cut all three of last year's TE projects you could at least draft a stud blocking TE somewhere 5th-7th. I don't know if Daboll uses a lot of two TE sets but I assume based on what Cleveland did last year that he does use them.

Roonnette
04-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree with your assessment of Steven Friday and Amaya. I don't think TE's will go a lot this year, so it's possible imo that Virgil lasts to fourth. I like Greg Smith from Texas. Played well in Shrine game and has shown great seam ability. He is projected undrafted, so I agree with TE in later rounds.