PDA

View Full Version : I can predict first 2 picks.:-

normaniii
04-03-2011, 04:17 PM
If you look at our previous drafts under Ireland....there are a few trends to predict where we will go.

Each year with 1st round pick we have drafted from Big Ten
Every 1st round pick has been a position of need
We draft players we have met prior to draft
We will try to regain 2nd round pick
We will double up on positions of need lower in draft.

IMO we will trade down to regain 2nd. which will land us around 24 & 56 (Saints).

If we are looking at Big Ten there are only 2 players who are projected to be 1st round picks & considered a position need for Miami: -
Gabe Carimi
Mike LeShore

We have scouted many of the top RBs in this years draft. including Mike LeShore but as of yet have not met Carimi.

RB is a position of need especially as Sparano has recently stated that he will still continue with a run first philosophy. Ingram is likely to be gone by low end of 1st round and LeShore fits the power running Sparano & Daboll require.

As of 2007 we require a QB and as of 2007 we have scouted most QB prospects. After the 2nd round there is a significant drop off in the quality of QBs & I believe we will use the 2nd to take one. If we do indeed trade down with a pick projected low in 2nd round we are looking at 2 QBs: -
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick

Miami are rumoured to be very high on Kaepernick and as opposed to Dalton & Henne I think Miami will draft the more mobile QB.

So there it is....draft day....you will here:-
Miami trade 1st round pick
Miami draft RB Mike LeShore
Miami draft QB Colin Kaepernick

ry-dbar
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I think I would need some time to get used to those picks. LeShore is ok but not big on C Kaepernick. Don't really know why.

Show Me Your TDs
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Boo!!!

Roonnette
04-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree and disagree. Yes, they have drafted Big 10 in first round and mid major in second, or some guy from Connecticut (they have big east ties), or in case of Henne two big 10s. Following that logic:

Trade down:

1-2. C Wisniewski, Penn State
2. RB Jordan Todman, Conn
3. QB. Colin Kaepernick Nevada

That's right up their alley

ckparrothead
04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
God I hope you're wrong.

normaniii
04-03-2011, 05:04 PM
God I hope you're wrong.

so do I!

hooshoops
04-03-2011, 05:13 PM
with this news on mark ingram here's my prediction...

miami trades down at #15 into the mid to late 20's gets a 2nd rounder back

late 1st- christian ponder qb
2nd- ryan williams rb
3rd- dj williams te/hback
4th- bilal powell rb
5th- aldrick robinson wr
6th- tyrod taylor qb
7th- ricardo lockette wr
7th-derek newton og

you can add in the names colin kaepernick at qb somewhere if ponder is gone and julius thomas at te as well as og will rackley of lehigh c ryan pugh and rbs mark ingram and mikel leshoure as guys who i think we have our eyes on

state06
04-03-2011, 07:50 PM

2nd- ryan williams rb
4th- bilal powell rb
5th- aldrick robinson wr
6th- tyrod taylor qb
7th- ricardo lockette wr
7th-derek newton og

you can add in the names colin kaepernick at qb somewhere if ponder is gone and julius thomas at te as well as og will rackley of lehigh c ryan pugh and rbs mark ingram and mikel leshoure as guys who i think we have our eyes on

i would really like this draft, although i would expect us to take a LB somewhere in this draft.

BostonPhin4
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
ponder or mallet with our 1st and williams with our re aquired 2nd and i'll be a happy camper. Just say no to Kaepernick, please for the love of god dont give us a 3-4yr project. We need someone to make an immediate impact.

Also, i personally like Williams more than Leshoure(sp), i am not sure why, i just like his style.

SCOTTY
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM

2nd- ryan williams rb
4th- bilal powell rb
5th- aldrick robinson wr
6th- tyrod taylor qb
7th- ricardo lockette wr
7th-derek newton og

I stopped reading after Ponder with our 1st.

SCOTTY
04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I agree and disagree. Yes, they have drafted Big 10 in first round and mid major in second, or some guy from Connecticut (they have big east ties), or in case of Henne two big 10s. Following that logic:

Trade down:

Two thumbs up for your first two picks. You lost me with Kaepernick. He will be a career back up at best in the NFL.

Roman529
04-03-2011, 10:15 PM
The only thing I can predict is NOBODY knows what we will do. Obviously we would love to trade down, but other teams may not be willing to move up so that we can drop down and recoup the 2nd rounder we gave to Denver last year. I think we clearly are targeting a QB and a RB, but A): We have no idea how many other teams are also going to target a QB in round one, and B): with no CBA, teams won't be able to move free agents QB's, or acquire/trade for one until this mess gets fixed.

state06
04-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Trade down:

i think its a round too early for each of these picks, excluding Kaepernick. Wis isnt a real good fit for us at OC, especially in this division, and Todman might be available in the 3rd

Aqua and Orange
04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Mallett and a 2nd round RB (with a trade down) would make me the happiest person alive on draft day.

I think just using a first pick on a QB would be great in general. Even with a trade down, if we go another position with that first pick the team will be stuck with the rabble of the QB class with another, later pick.

I will be watching that first Miami Dolphins pick with baited breath at the end of April...

Roonnette
04-03-2011, 11:11 PM
i think its a round too early for each of these picks, excluding Kaepernick. Wis isnt a real good fit for us at OC, especially in this division, and Todman might be available in the 3rd

I am not saying what I would do. I am predicting who they will target if they trade down.

As for me, I just want Mallett. I don't care who else they pick.

sinPHIN
04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Kaepernick wont fall that low. he will be taken in the top of the second, put money on it.

Conuficus
04-03-2011, 11:53 PM
The only thing I can predict is NOBODY knows what we will do. Obviously we would love to trade down, but other teams may not be willing to move up so that we can drop down and recoup the 2nd rounder we gave to Denver last year. I think we clearly are targeting a QB and a RB, but A): We have no idea how many other teams are also going to target a QB in round one, and B): with no CBA, teams won't be able to move free agents QB's, or acquire/trade for one until this mess gets fixed.

I know what we'll do - we'll draft somebody. So now that I've solved the riddle where's my prize?

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I stopped reading after Ponder with our 1st.

good for you...this isn't me putting together a mock of my own for us...this is me looking at a list of guys i keep hearing we have shown/are showing signficant interest and trying to put the pieces together...as for ponder he's not my favorite although he is 4th on my qb list but i think he fits that game manager style that sparano and ireland seem to prefer...pennington with better wheels and youth...so i wouldn't rule him out...ponder also said the other day that he's hearing late 1st round to late 3rd round for where he'll be drafted and i think he's more towards the front end of that equation off of what i'm hearing

normaniii
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I am convinced this is the way Miami want to go.

If they go QB first I believe they will go 1-Locker & 2-DeMarco Murray.

This is not my opinion but Ireland is still all about intangibles & Locker IMO has what Ireland likes.......his weakness is accuracy.....but so was Henne's.

Sparano has talked about having a 1-2 punch.......2 change of pace backs.......He has Hilliard & possibly Ronnie Brown........if Ireland takes a RB in 2nd IMO it will be Murray.

I have possibly convinced myself that this is their 1st option now .......but ill stick with the Big Ten trend & the rumour they have fallen for Kaepernick.

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
i will drop kick my television if we go locker and demarco murray...i haven't heard where we've shown either one any interest

JBinSD
04-04-2011, 11:32 AM

2nd- ryan williams rb
4th- bilal powell rb
5th- aldrick robinson wr
6th- tyrod taylor qb
7th- ricardo lockette wr
7th-derek newton og

I like that draft. But I think Mallett is the pick instead of Ponder.

DcRy82
04-04-2011, 11:43 AM

I also like this draft. The first 3 picks specifically. I'm torn between Mallett and Ponder late in the first (I belive both will be there in the mid 20's). I'm leaning towards Mallett as well due to the fact the kid can put the ball anywhere he wants. With Ponder, I like his accuracy paired with the ability to extend plays with his feet which is intriguing as well. Both could be solid starters sooner than later.
Ryan Williams is def my 2nd choice at RB. He's got great burst and runs hard.

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM

i can see that also...i'd prefer it myself...i just think its dicey to drop back into the mid 20's and expect to see ryan mallet there...i think you've got a better shot at ponder in that scenario

again though other than the qbs this isn't the mock that i would prefer...just who i know we've shown significant interest in and who i think is on our board as targets

at rb i think leshoure and ingram even with the knee issue if legit go before the top 50 leaving ryan williams as the play in round 2 for us

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 11:59 AM
i don't like andy dalton either but i firmly believe that unless newton makes it out of the top 10 which i seriously doubt one of dalton ponder kaepernick or mallet will be a dolphin by the end of day 2...

i absolutely believe it...just a question of which one...

SCOTTY
04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
i don't like andy dalton either but i firmly believe that unless newton makes it out of the top 10 which i seriously doubt one of dalton ponder kaepernick or mallet will be a dolphin by the end of day 2...

i absolutely believe it...just a question of which one...

Why do you have so many QB as interchanable for Miami? Is it all based on "interest Miami has shown"? All these 2nd tier guys are garbage; Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick. Not one of these guys are a franchise QB. Why do we waste a 2nd rounder (or OMG a 1st) on any of these guys? We have way to many other needs to be taking garbage with a 1st or 2nd rounder. Have we not learned from past drafts? I feel like everyone on this sight saying to draft one of these guys is saying so simply to draft a QB in a high round. I can only hope we trade down and most of these garbage QBs are gone so we can address our other needs and pick up a vet QB later when FA opens after a CBA is signed.

hooshoops
04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Why do you have so many QB as interchanable for Miami? Is it all based on "interest Miami has shown"? All these 2nd tier guys are garbage; Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick. Not one of these guys are a franchise QB. Why do we waste a 2nd rounder (or OMG a 1st) on any of these guys? We have way to many other needs to be taking garbage with a 1st or 2nd rounder. Have we not learned from past drafts? I feel like everyone on this sight saying to draft one of these guys is saying so simply to draft a QB in a high round. I can only hope we trade down and most of these garbage QBs are gone so we can address our other needs and pick up a vet QB later when FA opens after a CBA is signed.

i'm just going by who we've shown interest in...i don't agree with you that ponders a garbage prospect anyways...but i think you should get with the program that qbs always get overdrafted...its not gonna change this year...you snooze you lose

SCOTTY
04-04-2011, 04:00 PM
i'm just going by who we've shown interest in...i don't agree with you that ponders a garbage prospect anyways...but i think you should get with the program that qbs always get overdrafted...its not gonna change this year...you snooze you lose

So because QBs are overdrafted we need to waste one of our top picks on a 2nd teir QB. No thanks. None of those guys will help our team. I'd rather stay with Henne, fill all our other holes. See how Henne preforms under an OC that's not as old as dirt and stuck in the 50s when it comes to play calling. If he fails then go hard in the draft next year for a QB. That way there won't be as many hole next year and we can combine draft picks to take a real impact QB not like one of these 2nd teir guys this year.

Fin Thirteen
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
We've also got to consider that what Daboll wants might not be what the previous regime (incl Tuna) wanted.

With necks on the block and limited or no FA, I don't think we can look back for the answer.

normaniii
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
So because QBs are overdrafted we need to waste one of our top picks on a 2nd teir QB. No thanks. None of those guys will help our team. I'd rather stay with Henne, fill all our other holes. See how Henne preforms under an OC that's not as old as dirt and stuck in the 50s when it comes to play calling. If he fails then go hard in the draft next year for a QB. That way there won't be as many hole next year and we can combine draft picks to take a real impact QB not like one of these 2nd teir guys this year.

I agree.....I think we should retool the O'line & running game with an impact TE and lets see what Henne can do with a more aggressive approach.