PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pouncey

Seminole51
04-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Ok, maybe I am completely off here and if I am please tell me why.... But why are there so many people now so high on us taking Mike Pouncey? This is not my FSU bias here but I watched him play in college for a while now and is he a good player? Yes. Do I think we should taking at 15? Absolutely not. I really do think he is kind of leeching off of his brother's outstanding year with the Steelers. If Mike was THAT great he would have come out last year with his bro. I wouldnt mind taking him if we trade down to the bottom of the round or in Rd 2 if we trade for a pick, but at 15? No thanks. Just my opinion...

Valandui
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Ok, maybe I am completely off here and if I am please tell me why.... But why are there so many people now so high on us taking Mike Pouncey? This is not my FSU bias here but I watched him play in college for a while now and is he a good player? Yes. Do I think we should taking at 15? Absolutely not. I really do think he is kind of leeching off of his brother's outstanding year with the Steelers. If Mike was THAT great he would have come out last year with his bro. I wouldnt mind taking him if we trade down to the bottom of the round or in Rd 2 if we trade for a pick, but at 15? No thanks. Just my opinion...
It would depend on what we take him as. He's absolutely the best guard in the draft, but he's undraftable as a center.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
I personally think at 15 we would take ingram but if we go get pouncey i think we would trade down and get him

JerryD
04-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't recall seeing anyone wanting him at #15.

The Dolphins insinuate they'll trade down & get another pick ... then he becomes a potential target as our first pick.

CNNChris
04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
We dont need a Center, im confident with Incognito at Center. But it wouldnt hurt to draft a Center in the 5th round to at least give him a tiny competition. Berger is a good backup, but I dont want Berger starting again...ever.

Pouncey would be great if we traded down, he would immediately fill a need and start at OG. Though yes, I do think people are biased with him because of his brother.

SuperMarksBros.
04-04-2011, 08:49 AM
The thing I dont get about going O-line so early is, our head coach is supposed to be an o-line guru. Shouldnt a guru be able to spot talent that others cant? finding "diamonds in the rough"? Sparano inherited Carey, took Long #1 overall, paid big money to injury prone FA's Smiley and Grove(then cut them along with Donald Thomas in preseason moves I still dont understand), took another G in the 3rd round(reasonably high pick), and now our interior line is a mess, leaving us the possible option of going O-line AGAIN early. So again I ask, what makes Sparano such a guru?

greasyObnoxious
04-04-2011, 08:52 AM
The thing I dont get about going O-line so early is, our head coach is supposed to be an o-line guru. Shouldnt a guru be able to spot talent that others cant? finding "diamonds in the rough"? Sparano inherited Carey, took Long #1 overall, paid big money to injury prone FA's Smiley and Grove(then cut them along with Donald Thomas in preseason moves I still dont understand), took another G in the 3rd round(reasonably high pick), and now our interior line is a mess, leaving us the possible option of going O-line AGAIN early. So again I ask, what makes Sparano such a guru?

he isn't. that's why we have to try and fix our OL just like everybody else

Boomer
04-05-2011, 07:32 PM
First things first he's a guard not a center. Second of all, why should he have come out last year if he was thatgood? Andrew Luck's "that good" and he's not coming out. I'd take Pouncey at 15 and be thrilled. Day 1 starter at LG. Tremendous mover, heavy hands, will block on the move, very strong at POA, plays with a flat back. Very good player.

SCOTTY
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
We dont need a Center, im confident with Incognito at Center. But it wouldnt hurt to draft a Center in the 5th round to at least give him a tiny competition. Berger is a good backup, but I dont want Berger starting again...ever.

Pouncey would be great if we traded down, he would immediately fill a need and start at OG. Though yes, I do think people are biased with him because of his brother.

Really? What makes you confident with Incrapito starting at center. I am confident that this will cause the interior of our line to be our Achilles heal for yet another year. He is another terrible signing by Oline Guru Sparano. Slating him as our uncontested starting center-OUCH! Not a good sign.

SCOTTY
04-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't recall seeing anyone wanting him at #15.

The Dolphins insinuate they'll trade down & get another pick ... then he becomes a potential target as our first pick.

This. I have never seen anything with him going at 15. If anything, he is a target if we trade down into the mid 20s.

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 07:42 PM
i bet pouncey goes top 25...i wouldn't take him at #15 cause i don't believe in interior oline guys in the top 20 but if we traded back into the mid 20's i think he'd be a very good pick...good move player...

Boomer
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't go top 20 Hoo.

Boomer
04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Really? What makes you confident with Incrapito starting at center. I am confident that this will cause the interior of our line to be our Achilles heal for yet another year. He is another terrible signing by Oline Guru Sparano. Slating him as our uncontested starting center-OUCH! Not a good sign.

Behind Long Incognito was our best lineman last year and in the one start at center he did a decent job at the POA, showed good strength and could get out to the 2nd level. He tended to stop his feet once out there, but he's a solid starter and has the potential to be a good center.

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't go top 20 Hoo.

maybe...#18 to #25 range for me

SCOTTY
04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Behind Long Incognito was our best lineman last year and in the one start at center he did a decent job at the POA, showed good strength and could get out to the 2nd level. He tended to stop his feet once out there, but he's a solid starter and has the potential to be a good center.

Saying he was our 2nd best lineman after Long last year means absolutely nothing. RI at gaurd was a disaster, go watch any play of any game. Using one game at center to slate him as our starter is ridicilous. "A solid starter"? I completely disagree. He was cut by the Rams and only two teams put in a waiver. So right there 30 teams disagree with you. The Bills cut him after how long?? So that makes 31 teams that disagree with that statement. "Could get to the 2nd level", did you actually watch any games. This is completely false.

hooshoops
04-05-2011, 07:56 PM
incog as a move player at guard imo was pretty darn woeful...i'd much rather have him on the pivot than at guard though...mike pouncey makes a great left guard prospect...excellent move player imo

SCOTTY
04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
incog as a move player at guard imo was pretty darn woeful...i'd much rather have him on the pivot than at guard though...mike pouncey makes a great left guard prospect...excellent move player imo

I'd rather have Incrapito on another team :) Agree on Pouncey analysis.

PhinsPhan11
04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Pouncey is a very good OL, but I don't want us taking him at 15.

Boomer
04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Saying he was our 2nd best lineman after Long last year means absolutely nothing. RI at gaurd was a disaster, go watch any play of any game. Using one game at center to slate him as our starter is ridicilous. "A solid starter"? I completely disagree. He was cut by the Rams and only two teams put in a waiver. So right there 30 teams disagree with you. The Bills cut him after how long?? So that makes 31 teams that disagree with that statement. "Could get to the 2nd level", did you actually watch any games. This is completely false.

LOL!

Yeah Scotty, you're right. I didn't watch any games and nor do I have any idea what I'm talking about. Please, give me a lesson in player evaluation from the guard and center position.

You should research the reasons why he was cut by the Rams and indeed the Bills before running your mouth and also looking at the systems of offense he played in. As for 30 teams disagreeing with me - what a preposterous notion. Tom Brady's the best QB in the NFL and 31 teams disagreed with that for 6 rounds, your point is what? Priest Holmes was an All Pro back and 32 teams disagreed for 7 rounds. Same with Davone Bess. Go back and actually watch his game at center before slinging around nonsensical accusations that you simply can't back up with anything other than name calling and brickbatting.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-06-2011, 09:07 AM
When you say best lineman you are speaking of guard which is where he played the majority of the time. He did good at center with limited reps and i saw him completely miss assignmnets a few times last year at guard. He was a free agent for a reason and don't give me the "he has a bad attitude" stuff being the reason he was a FA.
Maybe we DO need to go lineman in the draft. Incognito isn't the answer, maybe a stop gap at best. If you are an above average lineman, teams don't generally let you go into FA. I guess the questions is: with issues at left guard and center, do we have a choice?
If Pouncey can get out in space and block well on the move, maybe we have to pull that trigger.
I do understand that most believe Incognito accels in tight spaces, maybe the Rams and Bills had him out of position. Do you believe there was a coaching epiphany when the coaches saw him play that game at center?
And by the way Boomer, do you have a recommendation for film review? Youtube and NFL.com are the only places i can find to check out game tape.
Thanks!

Boomer
04-06-2011, 09:49 AM
When you say best lineman you are speaking of guard which is where he played the majority of the time. He did good at center with limited reps and i saw him completely miss assignmnets a few times last year at guard. He was a free agent for a reason and don't give me the "he has a bad attitude" stuff being the reason he was a FA.
Maybe we DO need to go lineman in the draft. Incognito isn't the answer, maybe a stop gap at best. If you are an above average lineman, teams don't generally let you go into FA. I guess the questions is: with issues at left guard and center, do we have a choice?
If Pouncey can get out in space and block well on the move, maybe we have to pull that trigger.
I do understand that most believe Incognito accels in tight spaces, maybe the Rams and Bills had him out of position. Do you believe there was a coaching epiphany when the coaches saw him play that game at center?
And by the way Boomer, do you have a recommendation for film review? Youtube and NFL.com are the only places i can find to check out game tape.
Thanks!

Listen, I'm not turning him into Steve Hutchinson or Keith Sims, but it is what it is; Berger struggled with bigger nose tackles and DT's and couldn't hold up with any consistency at the POA. The RG spot was horrific. John Jerry lacked strength in the lower body and becamse a turnstile and McQuistan is back up material at best. Carey struggled with injury and speed. He absolutely missed assignments at guard but when I say he got to the 2nd level well, I meant as a center. He looked much more encouraging at center and clearly that's where Miami views him; why play him there and why's he snapping balls to potential rookie passers? He was cut by the Rams essentially because he was a walking 15 yard penalty. The issue came to a head against Tennessee when he had 2/3 personal fouls stopping drives, then had an argument with his OL coach and then got into it with Steve Spagnuolo on the sideline when he was benched.

I tape all my games my man.

Locke
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Rams cut him due to his penchant for the personal fouls, not his play. The Bills didn't cut him, he was a free agent and signed elsewhere. If I remember correctly, he had a few other visits lined up when we signed him last offseason. There were quite a few more than 2 teams who put in a claim for him as well. I'm not pro or anti Incognito, but you should really have your facts straight before mouthing off to one of the most knowledgeable posters on the site...

SCOTTY
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Rams cut him due to his penchant for the personal fouls, not his play. The Bills didn't cut him, he was a free agent and signed elsewhere. If I remember correctly, he had a few other visits lined up when we signed him last offseason. There were quite a few more than 2 teams who put in a claim for him as well. I'm not pro or anti Incognito, but you should really have your facts straight before mouthing off to one of the most knowledgeable posters on the site...

I do have my facts correct. You are the one who does not. Two teams put a waiver in for him. Miami and the Bills. No other teams. Boomer can thank you all he wants and Boom if you tape games, you might actually want to go back and watch them again, this time focus on RI. Because what you say about is his is wrong. first off Bad penatlities = Bad play! With Miami:The guy (at guard) spent the majority of him time missing blocks he was assigned, not even attempting to block anyone or getting knocked on his azz. Plain and simple. Watch the tapes. Now after one game (in which he was mediocre) at center Boom you want to slate him as an uncontested starter. You sound as great a talent scout for Oline as Sparano has been the last 3 years.

Locke
04-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I do have my facts correct. You are the one who does not. Two teams put a waiver in for him. Miami and the Bills. No other teams. Boomer can thank you all he wants and Boom if you tape games, you might actually want to go back and watch them again, this time focus on RI. Because what you say about is his is wrong. first off Bad penatlities = Bad play! With Miami:The guy (at guard) spent the majority of him time missing blocks he was assigned, not even attempting to block anyone or getting knocked on his azz. Plain and simple. Watch the tapes. Now after one game (in which he was mediocre) at center Boom you want to slate him as an uncontested starter. You sound as great a talent scout for Oline as Sparano has been the last 3 years.

:lol:

So of the 4 claims you made, three were blatantly incorrect, and you quote the one that I was iffy on as if it vilifies your entire point? Well played sir...

enJeppesen
04-06-2011, 01:09 PM
When you cant do trade downs in mock(as you shouldnt) Pouncey is easy to slot in at the phins at 15 after Ingram appears to be sliding down everyones board. I like him, his brother was by no means the "superbeast" in '10 that people make him out to be, because he made the pro bowl(steelers fans put in a huge effort to get him in and Brandon Meriweather anyone? Pro Bowl has little to do with skill and ability). I think Pouncey can easily play up to his brothers level but he will probably be unfairly judged because people got it in their heads that Maurkice was exceptional.

He projects as a guard and one of the top rated ones and we all know we could use some help at those spots. I would hope for a trade down and Pouncey still being there(although probably not, I see Giants going OL crazy) or even better Danny Watkins.

hooshoops
04-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Listen, I'm not turning him into Steve Hutchinson or Keith Sims, but it is what it is; Berger struggled with bigger nose tackles and DT's and couldn't hold up with any consistency at the POA. The RG spot was horrific. John Jerry lacked strength in the lower body and becamse a turnstile and McQuistan is back up material at best. Carey struggled with injury and speed. He absolutely missed assignments at guard but when I say he got to the 2nd level well, I meant as a center. He looked much more encouraging at center and clearly that's where Miami views him; why play him there and why's he snapping balls to potential rookie passers? He was cut by the Rams essentially because he was a walking 15 yard penalty. The issue came to a head against Tennessee when he had 2/3 personal fouls stopping drives, then had an argument with his OL coach and then got into it with Steve Spagnuolo on the sideline when he was benched.

I tape all my games my man.

i think thats pretty spot on analysis of the oline play and why incog was cut right there

hooshoops
04-06-2011, 01:14 PM
When you cant do trade downs in mock(as you shouldnt) Pouncey is easy to slot in at the phins at 15 after Ingram appears to be sliding down everyones board. I like him, his brother was by no means the "superbeast" in '10 that people make him out to be, because he made the pro bowl(steelers fans put in a huge effort to get him in and Brandon Meriweather anyone? Pro Bowl has little to do with skill and ability). I think Pouncey can easily play up to his brothers level but he will probably be unfairly judged because people got it in their heads that Maurkice was exceptional.

maurkice was damn good...especially for a rookie starting from jump street pivot

j-off-her-doll
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
First things first he's a guard not a center. Second of all, why should he have come out last year if he was thatgood? Andrew Luck's "that good" and he's not coming out. I'd take Pouncey at 15 and be thrilled. Day 1 starter at LG. Tremendous mover, heavy hands, will block on the move, very strong at POA, plays with a flat back. Very good player.

With our other needs, you'd really be happy taking an OG at that spot? Is it because you're down on the available QB's? I'm just trying to understand, because I tend to agree with you a lot, and here, I'm a little lost.

Canadi-Phin
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
IF we can't trade down at that spot and we don't think highly of Mallett if he's on the board why wouldn't we draft Pouncey or a one of the RTs. That is where the best value for our team in a need spot will be. RB doesn't hold the value anymore that high. The two best Receivers will be off the board, probably the two best QBs. We really don't need more D-linemen. If Quinn or Miller dropped than maybe and hopefully one of them would be the pick. There are no safeties worth a 1st.

If we couldn't find a trade partner its between Mallett if he's around, Pouncey or one of the RTs. Is there anyone else that would have the value?

enJeppesen
04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
maurkice was damn good...especially for a rookie starting from jump street pivot

Hey man, no doubt I wasnt trying to down play his good rookie season but he was manhandled several times by experienced d-line man it wasnt like he was performing at a pro bowl level consistently.

SCOTTY
04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
:lol:

So of the 4 claims you made, three were blatantly incorrect, and you quote the one that I was iffy on as if it vilifies your entire point? Well played sir...

I never said why the Rams cut him. All I stated was how he played on Maimi. Your rebute to claim 1-Fail. The Bills let him go? Or did they cut him? can't find-TBD. Who were all his suitors this past year, please let me kow who offered him a contract-please do-your rebute claim 3-Fail. Your Points to rebute my facts FAIL. And to you sir...Very well played.

hooshoops
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
IF we can't trade down at that spot and we don't think highly of Mallett if he's on the board why wouldn't we draft Pouncey or a one of the RTs. That is where the best value for our team in a need spot will be. RB doesn't hold the value anymore that high. The two best Receivers will be off the board, probably the two best QBs. We really don't need more D-linemen. If Quinn or Miller dropped than maybe and hopefully one of them would be the pick. There are no safeties worth a 1st.

If we couldn't find a trade partner its between Mallett if he's around, Pouncey or one of the RTs. Is there anyone else that would have the value?

i don't see the value in an interior oline player in the top 20 personally but if we couldn't trade down and no qb was there at #15 i would definitely consider pouncey and gabe carimi...either of which i think would be good picks for us if no other choice but we pretty much know pouncey can play left guard carimi there imo would be a projection and with carey still in house i'm not sure a right tackle like carimi makes the most sense for us right now

unlike you guys however...unless i get some real concrete evidence that mark ingrams knee is bad i wouldn't take him off my board at #15

j-off-her-doll
04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
If we can't get a worthy QB at #15, I look to trade the pick for a 1st+ next season.

If we can't do that, I see if one of the premier pass rushers is still available.

If we can't do that (god does hate the Dolphins), I look at Carimi.

If Carimi is also gone (we can't be serious here), I consider Pouncey.

hooshoops
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
If we can't get a worthy QB at #15, I look to trade the pick for a 1st+ next season.

If we can't do that, I see if one of the premier pass rushers is still available.

in the carimi instance are you drafting him as a starting right tackle or left guard...if tackle that means you bench or release vernon carey??? just trying to get where your reasoning comes from with carimi over pouncey...if you do take carimi and he doesn't start at tackle or guard this year and works as your swing tackle its bad value in year 1 imo

j-off-her-doll
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
in the carimi instance are you drafting him as a starting right tackle or left guard...if tackle that means you bench or release vernon carey??? just trying to get where your reasoning comes from with carimi over pouncey...if you do take carimi and he doesn't start at tackle or guard this year and works as your swing tackle its bad value in year 1 imo

I either kick him inside or try to trade him. Worst case, I release him. He's been going through a downward spiral in my eyes.

hooshoops
04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I either kick him inside or try to trade him. Worst case, I release him. He's been going through a downward spiral in my eyes.

sparano has already said carey will not be moved inside...and you can't trade players as of right now at least...

SCOTTY
04-06-2011, 02:55 PM

LOL. I sure hope not!

spydertl79
04-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I wonder if he would even be projected in the first two rounds if his name was "Mike Smith."

Canadi-Phin
04-06-2011, 04:16 PM
i don't see the value in an interior oline player in the top 20 personally but if we couldn't trade down and no qb was there at #15 i would definitely consider pouncey and gabe carimi...either of which i think would be good picks for us if no other choice but we pretty much know pouncey can play left guard carimi there imo would be a projection and with carey still in house i'm not sure a right tackle like carimi makes the most sense for us right now

unlike you guys however...unless i get some real concrete evidence that mark ingrams knee is bad i wouldn't take him off my board at #15

Totally, seems like we are in no man's land for what we need but I think that helps us trade down. Lots of nice players will be sitting where we are that others will want and fit there needs. I'd take Pouncey over Carimi only because we need a LG very badly. Carey is serviceable and maybe grab a guy later or Garner can come back and play well.

Boomer
04-07-2011, 06:29 AM
With our other needs, you'd really be happy taking an OG at that spot? Is it because you're down on the available QB's? I'm just trying to understand, because I tend to agree with you a lot, and here, I'm a little lost.

Depnds which QB's are available J. I would take Christian Ponder at 15 but not everyone would. I would take Ryan Mallett at 15 but there's two schools of thought there; 1 says that he'll go higher - Minnesota perhaps - and one says he falls into R2. But Pouncey's a really good player and that LG spot is pretty critical. He's the best interior move player in the draft, he's very strong and unlike say a Rodney Hudson, he stays on his feet in space and is therefore much more effective. You take Pouncey and to me you're taking a kid who will start week 1 and will be a very solid 10 yar pro for you. The coaching staff and front office need players who can contribute NOW which is why taking a Torrey Smith won't happen at 15. But it's why Ingram is in play so much. If they decided to part ways with Carey, then Gabe Carimi is in play and is another who will be like Bulaga and start at RT and play well.

Boomer
04-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I wonder if he would even be projected in the first two rounds if his name was "Mike Smith."

If his name was Mary Smith he still would. He's a good player, regardless of Maurkice.

Boomer
04-07-2011, 06:36 AM

No Scotty, you don't have any facts correct. Hell, you can't even SPELL Miami correctly.

As explained, he was a 4 years starter for the Rams who was cut for repeated personal foul penalties that came to a head against the Titans. He got into an argument first with his position coach, then with his head coach and was benched and then cut. Teams were nervous about whether they could rehabilitate him - you only have to remember Kawika Mitchell's tweet on the very subject. So bad penalties don't equal bad play Scotty when they come after the play is over. He left Buffalo because he was a free agent so no teams - obviously - placed claims for him.

Oh dear Scotty. Not doing well are we.

As for watching games, I've forgotten more about analysing players than you'll ever know. I'm surprised you even know what the second level is quite frankly.

TedSlimmJr
04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
If his name was Mary Smith he still would. He's a good player, regardless of Maurkice.

That's an interesting take.. which begs the question:

What if Ponder's name was Christy Ponder? Or if Mallett's name was Renee Mallett? Or Newton's name Candice Newton? Or Julio's name was Juliet Jones? Or Gabbert was Blaire Gabbert?

How would the guys at Universal Draft feel about these prospects if this was the case? Would you ding them a half round or so?

hooshoops
04-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Depnds which QB's are available J. I would take Christian Ponder at 15 but not everyone would. I would take Ryan Mallett at 15 but there's two schools of thought there; 1 says that he'll go higher - Minnesota perhaps - and one says he falls into R2. But Pouncey's a really good player and that LG spot is pretty critical. He's the best interior move player in the draft, he's very strong and unlike say a Rodney Hudson, he stays on his feet in space and is therefore much more effective. You take Pouncey and to me you're taking a kid who will start week 1 and will be a very solid 10 yar pro for you. The coaching staff and front office need players who can contribute NOW which is why taking a Torrey Smith won't happen at 15. But it's why Ingram is in play so much. If they decided to part ways with Carey, then Gabe Carimi is in play and is another who will be like Bulaga and start at RT and play well.

yeah i agree on carimi...i think he's very similar to bulaga...if given the choice though i would prefer bulaga last year as a prospect slightly over carimi...i also agree on pouncey...best interior move player in the draft...and we could really use one thats for sure...but #15 is still slightly too rich for me

SCOTTY
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
No Scotty, you don't have any facts correct. Hell, you can't even SPELL Miami correctly.

As explained, he was a 4 years starter for the Rams who was cut for repeated personal foul penalties that came to a head against the Titans. He got into an argument first with his position coach, then with his head coach and was benched and then cut. Teams were nervous about whether they could rehabilitate him - you only have to remember Kawika Mitchell's tweet on the very subject. So bad penalties don't equal bad play Scotty when they come after the play is over. He left Buffalo because he was a free agent so no teams - obviously - placed claims for him.

Oh dear Scotty. Not doing well are we.

As for watching games, I've forgotten more about analysing players than you'll ever know. I'm surprised you even know what the second level is quite frankly.

LOL. Boomer you need to hop down off that pedestal you have yourself on because your posts are filled with garbage. A 4 year starter with the Rams?? LOL. Let's go to the FACTS: Drafted 2005. Spent entire year on the non football injury list. 2006: Started 16 games (3 different positions) ONLY due to all the injuries to starters! 2007: Played 4 Games- put on injuried reserve list 2008: Started 15 games (2 different positions) 2009: started 9 games. THEN was waived. Unless you count all players who only play 54% of the seasons games a constant starter, he was not. Yes, his behavior and penalities on the field were the LAST straw for him, but the fact that he never panned out to establish himself in a particular position and his injuries also played a huge part in the Rams waiving him. Now, when he was waived from the Rams only two teams put a waiver in for him, Miami and the Bill. We was awared to the Bill(Oh yeah-where he started 3 games LOL). This is the fact that I stated and it is CORRECT.
You should go back to all those tapes you have and you might want to try to remember more than you have forgotten because what you have forgotten really shows in your posts. You have NO idea what I know there Boomer. But, what is obivious is what you DON'T know! Do some more research before you try attaching someone's posts.
Slating RI as our starting Center is obsurd. He has not proven that he deserves that and in fact his play last year proves nothing more than he is not starting material.

Canadi-Phin
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL. Boomer you need to hop down off that pedestal you have yourself on because your posts are filled with garbage. A 4 year starter with the Rams?? LOL. Let's go to the FACTS: Drafted 2005. Spent entire year on the non football injury list. 2006: Started 16 games (3 different positions) ONLY due to all the injuries to starters! 2007: Played 4 Games- put on injuried reserve list 2008: Started 15 games (2 different positions) 2009: started 9 games. THEN was waived. Unless you count all players who only play 54% of the seasons games a constant starter, he was not. Yes, his behavior and penalities on the field were the LAST straw for him, but the fact that he never panned out to establish himself in a particular position and his injuries also played a huge part in the Rams waiving him. Now, when he was waived from the Rams only two teams put a waiver in for him, Miami and the Bill. We was awared to the Bill(Oh yeah-where he started 3 games LOL). This is the fact that I stated and it is CORRECT.
You should go back to all those tapes you have and you might want to try to remember more than you have forgotten because what you have forgotten really shows in your posts. You have NO idea what I know there Boomer. But, what is obivious is what you DON'T know! Do some more research before you try attaching someone's posts.
Slating RI as our starting Center is obsurd. He has not proven that he deserves that and in fact his play last year proves nothing more than he is not starting material.

Just reading your facts, so starting 16 games in 2006, then 4 games but got hurt in 2007 then started 15 games in 2008 and then started 9 games in 2009 before release. Does that not mean he started for 4 years for the Rams. Just curious? I think it does which would mean Boomer was right in what he stated.

Boomer
04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
That's an interesting take.. which begs the question:

What if Ponder's name was Christy Ponder? Or if Mallett's name was Renee Mallett? Or Newton's name Candice Newton? Or Julio's name was Juliet Jones? Or Gabbert was Blaire Gabbert?

How would the guys at Universal Draft feel about these prospects if this was the case? Would you ding them a half round or so?

Dude, I'd ding a girl in any round

Boomer
04-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Some great facts in there Scotty. None of which pass for facts, but hey ho.

We all have a pretty decent idea of what you know. And it doesn't amount to much.

Boomer
04-09-2011, 01:27 PM
First rule Scott; going round calling people "Incrapito" isn't going to do much for your credibility.

j-off-her-doll
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Here's my primary issue with drafting O-line so high when we don't have explosive play makers:

Both the teams in the SB had worse O-lines than we started the year with by a healthy margin. They got to the SB with play makers and QB's. I hope - very much - that we find a franchise QB in the draft. If we feel that none of the QB options are worth the gamble, I hope we get a play maker. Without a QB, we're not going anywhere. But, Ingram would help out the QB we get next year (again, we have to get one someday) a lot. Or, a play maker on D might put us over the top - with another of the D maturing. Dominant D + franchise QB, B. Marshall, Bess, and some good backs is another way to where we want to go. I just don't think the O-line is worth spending high picks on - considering we already have our franchise LT. Long and Pouncey would make for a sweet left side, though.

Roonnette
04-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Both the teams in the SB had worse O-lines than we started the year with by a healthy margin. They got to the SB with play makers and QB's.

100% correct. Pouncey is of no consequence.