MRojas4
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Saw it today on ESPN

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Cam Newton
3. Jake Locker
4. Andy Dalton
5. Christian Ponder

Stated Gabbert and Newton will be gone top 5. He see's Gabbert going 3 to Bills and Newton 5 to Arizona (might flip flop)

After Newton and Gabbert the skill level drops off greatly, says Locker has everything you want in a Pro QB but his accuracy is the issue.

Also stated, Dalton has everything you want in a Pro QB but his arm strength is the issue.

Suprisingly he only has Gabbert and Newton going in the first, this should be good news for the Mallet lovers in FH.

Last, he sayd Mallet has the best arm of all the QB's in the draft but his vision/leadership and "off field" issues will drop him to late second.

Then again....it is Todd Mcshay so where is that grain of salt?

Thoughts anyone?

:hump::hump::hump:

Namor
04-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Saw it today on ESPN

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Cam Newton
3. Jake Locker
4. Andy Dalton
5. Christian Ponder

Stated Gabbert and Newton will be gone top 5. He see's Gabbert going 3 to Bills and Newton 5 to Arizona (might flip flop)

After Newton and Gabbert the skill level drops off greatly, says Locker has everything you want in a Pro QB but his accuracy is the issue.

Also stated, Dalton has everything you want in a Pro QB but his arm strength is the issue.

Suprisingly he only has Gabbert and Newton going in the first, this should be good news for the Mallet lovers in FH.

Last, he sayd Mallet has the best arm of all the QB's in the draft but his vision/leadership and "off field" issues will drop him to late second.

Thoughts anyone?

To me..this is a stupid statement...considering how important accuracy is in profootball.
That would mean ,he doesn't have it all.

TrinidadDolfan
04-04-2011, 03:37 PM
... Mallett dropping to "late second"???????

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/oh_no_you_didnt-1.gif

TrinidadDolfan
04-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Just stating what he said, lol not my opinion.

ok, how about this then...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/129099943164078016-1.jpg

sinPHIN
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
there is no way in hell mallett falls past the top 10 picks in the second. someone will trade up into the first to grab him if he falls past jacksonville.

normaniii
04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Saw it today on ESPN

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Cam Newton
3. Jake Locker
4. Andy Dalton
5. Christian Ponder

Thoughts anyone?

I love u draft!

Aqua and Orange
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I could see Mallett dropping to the EARLY second and going in the top of that round to a team like the Bengals or Titans...but late second would involve some sort of knowledge of drugs for several teams.

I have to say that I am super curious to see where Locker goes. If he goes to a team in the early first, that team needs to buy a new projector for its game film.

X-Pacolypse
04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Locker sucks.

TrinidadDolfan
04-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I could see Mallett dropping to the EARLY second and going in the top of that round to a team like the Bengals or Titans...but late second would involve some sort of knowledge of drugs for several teams.

I have to say that I am super curious to see where Locker goes. If he goes to a team in the early first, that team needs to buy a new projector for its game film.

There are some out there that want to trade back and pick up Mallet in the "second".

WHY?????????????????

If you believe that he is the answer at QB, then you PICK HIM as soon as you can.

If you DONT believe he is the answer at QB, then why would you pick him at all????

So, sanity would require that you support picking Mallett at 15 if you believe in him. If you don't, then you don't pick him in round 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.

Really tired of this franchise trying to always be "cheap".

Dammit

dr.jake
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
want a chuckle then just check out mcshays expert analysis last year
http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2009/5/4/864366/espns-todd-mcshay-2010-nfl-mock

Roman529
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I think McShay is sniffing glue if he thinks Locker is the #3 QB in this draft. He is so innacurate, and while he does have mobility he is going to get killed if he tries to run like he did in college. He doesn't have Cam Newton running ability. Mallett would probably be my first choice, despite his maturity and off-the-field issues. I think Ponder may still be on the board if we trade down and recoup our second rounder. Ponder played in a pro style offense and looks like he has recovered from his shoulder and elbow injuries. He may not have a rocket arm but he is pretty mobile and probably the smartest QB in the draft.

Roman529
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Really tired of this franchise trying to always be "cheap".

Dammit

I hear you Bro!!!! If you want a Ferrari, you don't put up money for a Nissan 350Z. If the scouts feel Mallett is the guy then why not take him at #15. If we bypass him he probably won't be there come round two. I feel we need either Mallett or Ponder.

TrinidadDolfan
04-04-2011, 07:22 PM
I hear you Bro!!!! If you want a Ferrari, you don't put up money for a Nissan 350Z. If the scouts feel Mallett is the guy then why not take him at #15. If we bypass him he probably won't be there come round two. I feel we need either Mallett or Ponder.

Thanks brother

j-off-her-doll
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2009/5/4/864366/espns-todd-mcshay-2010-nfl-mock

Samsonite.

Show Me Your TDs
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I think McShay is sniffing glue if he thinks Locker is the #3 QB in this draft. He is so innacurate, and while he does have mobility he is going to get killed if he tries to run like he did in college. He doesn't have Cam Newton running ability. Mallett would probably be my first choice, despite his maturity and off-the-field issues. I think Ponder may still be on the board if we trade down and recoup our second rounder. Ponder played in a pro style offense and looks like he has recovered from his shoulder and elbow injuries. He may not have a rocket arm but he is pretty mobile and probably the smartest QB in the draft.

The more I hear of Todd McShay that past few years the more I dislike him. Its almost as if they asked him to somewhat polar opposite of Mel Kiper just for great tv debate. I switched over to NFL Network for the draft a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

beanh8er
04-04-2011, 09:12 PM

Might wanna check your dates...

Namor
04-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd pick Mallett in a heart-beat.

TKAllDay
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Trade back , draft Mallet in the late 1st and a Rb/Te with our new late second rd pick

Elliott 1
04-04-2011, 10:54 PM
McShay is just worthless. His input is utterly meaningless.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Todd McShay SUCKS

finsfanjay13
04-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Thoughts anyone?

My thought is that McShay is a dolt. So is Kiper. Mayock is the man, though.

BlueFin
04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
The more I hear of Todd McShay that past few years the more I dislike him. Its almost as if they asked him to somewhat polar opposite of Mel Kiper just for great tv debate. I switched over to NFL Network for the draft a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

Just another self-proclaimed guru. Looks it's just opinion, there is no college of talent evaluation, all of these guru's are fans like everyone else, some may watch more film than others but ultimately what were talking about here is opinion, and everybody has one.

MadDog 88
04-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Not a fan of McShay and Kiper at all. How can a QB be everything if has accuracy issues or a weak arm?