PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Source: I got confirmation on Miami's #1 pick this year!

enduro
04-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Per my sources:

Mike Pouncey is our pick. Whine, cry, call me insane. Mike is the pick at 15. We are even getting nervous about getting him at 15.

My source believes that he has the ability to be elite and his range is so good he could even play tackle. Of course he is not going to play tackle he will be our probowl center for many years.

You will be surprised what this does for our run and pass game. good times are coming fin fans.....

additional info:

The only qb we would even consider in the first round would be ryan mallet and that would be after dropping way down in the first if pouncey wasn't there at 15. jeff would like to drop down a few spots and still pick up mike but we will have to wait and see how it shakes out as he says.

keep this under your hat. lol....

Phinatic8u
04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
:bobdole:

****, stop with these ******* threads.

ryanosaur2000
04-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Joke or not, I do have us taking Pouncey at 15 in my lastest mock (I am no Mike Mayock I will admit, haha). It is the kind of pick that our FO are likely to make, I mean taking a RB that high is not a great idea when quality can be had further down. That being said, I would love to be able to trade out of the first round.

JCane
04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Haaaaai guise....wats goin' on in dis thread huuuurrr?!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/14119-1.gif

Pouncey can't play a LICK of center FWIW.

I see this thread going about the way that Cam Wake jersey thread went....

:lol:

Chubby
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/imagesqtbnANd9GcREgb2mgNxkvQdVF7ffP8NRlO-1.jpg[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/tomcruisecrazyperson-1.jpg

Chubby
04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
All Jokes aside, unless Pouncey can sling the rock, no thanks!
Chubbs

Ps.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

TedSlimmJr
04-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Hard to make the pro bowl at center when your snaps are rolling on the ground between the quarterback's ankles...

Uruguayfinfan
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Hope he get's taken so we can go down. I like Pouncey, but would prefer getting a first and second round draft pick.

enduro
04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Hard to make the pro bowl at center when your snaps are rolling on the ground between the quarterback's ankles...

good point and I was told that it was just some techniques issues. Good coaching will correct that no problem. And for the record, we will not be drafting a rb with our first pick. Sorry to deflate some of you guys. Why the hell do you think we have been running every serviceable rb draft prospect thru try outs? Just so we can draft one number 1. please, get with the program. Sorry there is slim and little chance of us going QB #1. We will be going with Henne and hopefully palmer if everything is worked out. I have been told our draft board has mike P. at the top.

Sure if we were drafting higher that would change but you have to be reasonable with what is going to fall to you at 15.

Tunaphish429
04-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Not that I dont think Mike is a good player...But I think if we draft a guard at #15 this place is going to go nuts..

Interior line is a huge need....but another O linemen?

Come on...

TedSlimmJr
04-07-2011, 09:07 AM
good point and I was told that it was just some techniques issues. Good coaching will correct that no problem. And for the record, we will not be drafting a rb with our first pick. Sorry to deflate some of you guys. Why the hell do you think we have been running every serviceable rb draft prospect thru try outs? Just so we can draft one number 1. please, get with the program. Sorry there is slim and little chance of us going QB #1. We will be going with Henne and hopefully palmer if everything is worked out. I have been told our draft board has mike P. at the top.

Sure if we were drafting higher that would change but you have to be reasonable with what is going to fall to you at 15.

The technique can be coached, but you don't draft a center with the 15th pick in the draft that doesn't know how to snap the football yet. Although I could definitely see these morons pulling exactly that.

If he gets drafted at #15, it's because a team drafted him in an attempt to make him a center, they'll either succeed or fail, and if they fail they likely have a pro-bowl caliber left guard anyway. You don't draft guards with the 15th pick... unless he's Steve Hutchinson...

Agree they won't draft a running back in the 1st round, it's not in their nature. Also agree they won't draft a quarterback in the 1st round...

In other words, version 4 of the same show you've been seeing is coming up.

Getchya popcorn ready...

Vaark
04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/2it0bxl-1.jpg

dolpns13
04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Haha..Your source? I absolutely love it when people around here use the term, per my source, like they should be given any more credibility than the next poster that posts their opinion. Whats your source? Fox sports, yahoo sports, finheaven perhaps. Hey, per MY source Miami will or will not choose pouncy with the first pick. We also will or will not move up or move back in the draft. However my sources tell me we most likely will use all our draft picks this year to aquire players

Wildbill3
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
My sources eventually turn to stuff I have to flush down the toilet.

TrinidadDolfan
04-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Per my sources:

Mike Pouncey is our pick. Whine, cry, call me insane. Mike is the pick at 15. We are even getting nervous about getting him at 15.

My source believes that he has the ability to be elite and his range is so good he could even play tackle. Of course he is not going to play tackle he will be our probowl center for many years.

I am very DISAPPOINTED that this thread did not receive the proper respect it deserves.

MANY OF US have true "inside" sources within the Dolphins organization, and the information we supply to the rest of you has to be respected.

Stop making fun of people who bring ACCURATE inside info to this forum and share it with the rest of you. Stop acting like adolecents and give the sources & info proper respect.

Take MY solid info as an example:

My brother's girlfriend has a sister who's hairdresser knows a guy who cut the lawn of the guy who lives next door to the mechanic who works on a car belonging to a guy who works in an office where the secretary's 2nd cousin went to highschool with Ireland's brother who told him during a night out at Hooters (Cinco de Mayo) that the Dolphins were CERTAIN to pick Cam Newton if he was still there with our 2nd pick in the 7th round.

BANK ON IT

RESPECT IT

...oh, please keep this confidential information between "us" o.k? I do not want the hairdresser & gardener & mechanic & secretary to lose their jobs. Can't let this information somehow leak out to the Jets or Patriots either.

Valandui
04-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Per my sources:

You will be surprised what this does for our run and pass game. good times are coming fin fans.....

additional info:

The only qb we would even consider in the first round would be ryan mallet and that would be after dropping way down in the first if pouncey wasn't there at 15. jeff would like to drop down a few spots and still pick up mike but we will have to wait and see how it shakes out as he says.

Tweets or it didn't happen.

rev kev
04-07-2011, 10:15 AM
I am very DISAPPOINTED that this thread did not receive the proper respect it deserves.

MANY OF US have true "inside" sources within the Dolphins organization, and the information we supply to the rest of you has to be respected.

Stop making fun of people who bring ACCURATE inside info to this forum and share it with the rest of you. Stop acting like adolecents and give the sources & info proper respect.

Take my solid info as an example:

My brother's girlfriend has a sister who's hairdresser knows a guy who cut the lawn of the guy who lives next door to the mechanic who works on a car belonging to a guy who works in an office where the secretary's 2nd cousin went to highschool with Ireland's brother who told him during a night out at Hooters (Cinco de Mayo) that the Dolphins were CERTAIN to pick Cam Newton if he was still there with our 2nd pick in the 7th round.

BANK ON IT

RESPECT IT

...oh, please keep this confidential information between "us" o.k? I do not want the hairdresser & gardener & mechanic & secretary to lose their jobs. Can't let this information somehow leak out to the Jets or Patriots either.

It was a half-sister - dude you have bo integrity...

JerryD
04-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Where did you hear that?? ... The Voices in your head?

You know, you can shut them up with a Q-Tip!!

yardlaw
04-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Boooooooo! That pick would draw the same fan reaction as the Ted Ginn Jr pick.

enduro
04-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Boooooooo! That pick would draw the same fan reaction as the Ted Ginn Jr pick.

yeah, who wants a probowl center/guard. Lets just stick with the same bums we had last year. lol.. you guys are funny. The demise of The dolphins franchise happened when we lost our probowl center Dwight stephenson many moons ago. A probowl center would do wonders for this franchise. watch and learn.

Locke
04-07-2011, 10:43 AM
yeah, who wants a probowl center/guard. Lets just stick with the same bums we had last year. lol.. you guys are funny. The demise of The dolphins franchise happened when we lost our probowl center Dwight stephenson many moons ago. A probowl center would do wonders for this franchise. watch and learn.

:lol2:

The CENTER was the demise of the team? I guess it had nothing to do with that Hall of Fame QB that played here for 17 years...

AquaInferno
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Chubby
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Probowl Center snapping to a scrub is Fail!
Scrub Center snapping to a Probowl QB is Win!
Chubbs

TrinidadDolfan
04-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Probowl Center snapping to a scrub is Fail!
Scrub Center snappin gto a Probowl QB is Win!
Chubbs

Chubbs, you hit the nail on the head...... again.

To expand on your point, let's do some math:

1 Pro Bowl QB > 5 ProBowl players at any other position/s

Flip Tanneflop
04-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Now that you mention it, this sounds more and more like our pick at 15.

Bumpus
04-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Haha..Your source? I absolutely love it when people around here use the term, per my source, like the should he given any more credibility than the next poster that posts their opinion. Whats your source? Fox sports, yahoo sports, finheaven perhaps. Hey, per MY source Miami will or will not choose pouncy with the first pick. We also will or will not move up or move back in the draft. However my sources tell me we most likely will use all our draft picks this year to aquire players

Oh, how wrong you are.

My source tells me that we will be using at least one of our picks this year to acquire a ham sandwich.

... and my source is rarely incorrect. :chuckle:

Nublar7
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Per my sources:

additional info:

If you (and you source) are wrong, can I ban you? :evilmod:

tical
04-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Sadly, if you take this "report" in combination with what Kiper has said in the Sun sentinel, that pick makes perfect sense for this regime. They won't draft another QB as i see it for two reasons 1) they don't feel they have the time to develop him and 2) They honestly believe Henne is their guy they can win with. So with that said i would strongly expect a RB in the 3rd round. Another scenario if the bengals are willing to deal, is trading that 3rd pick with some other combination for palmer.

Locke
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Sadly, if you take this "report" in combination with what Kiper has said in the Sun sentinel, that pick makes perfect sense for this regime. They won't draft another QB as i see it for two reasons 1) they don't feel they have the time to develop him and 2) They honestly believe Henne is their guy they can win with. So with that said i would strongly expect a RB in the 3rd round. Another scenario if the bengals are willing to deal, is trading that 3rd pick with some other combination for palmer.

I think a case could be made for them keeping their jobs if they draft a round 1 QB. They need time to develop the guy, and Ross may be inclined to give them a season or 2 to let the guy learn before seeing if he is a flop or not. Seeing as QB talent seems to be the biggest correlation with winning, it would make most sense for them to draft that QB regardless of anything else...

tical
04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I think a case could be made for them keeping their jobs if they draft a round 1 QB. They need time to develop the guy, and Ross may be inclined to give them a season or 2 to let the guy learn before seeing if he is a flop or not. Seeing as QB talent seems to be the biggest correlation with winning, it would make most sense for them to draft that QB regardless of anything else...

From what you've seen with the choice and development of P.White and C.Henne do you feel comfortable with this regime drafting and developing another QB?

enduro
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM
If you (and you source) are wrong, can I ban you? :evilmod:

if i am wrong like this:

Dec 31st 2010:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...almer-and-more (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?292229-Fins-to-trade-for-Palmer-and-more)....

My sources are telling me that things have become very urgent around Miami (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297328-More-fin-prophecies-by-the-mystic-Enduro#) and that our GM is looking to trade (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?292229-Fins-to-trade-for-Palmer-and-more....#) for the Bengals QB Palmer in a draft day trade (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?292229-Fins-to-trade-for-Palmer-and-more....#). Miami will give cinci our #1 pick this year and in return cinci will give us there #2 this year. We will also give cinci a 3 in 2012 that is conditional. This trade all hinges on who is available when our/cinci pick pops up. if cinci draft a qb the trade is on.

Sparano will get one more year along with our gm

Ronnie brown will not be resigned
Ricky will be resigned

Miami will sign a high profile free agent interior lineman

Our 2011 draft will resemble a track meet. speed speed speed.

New update 3-31-2011:

The CBA has thrown a Monkey wrench in what was to be so now here is what will happen up to this point. I see all my predictions from Dec 2010 still in motion with the exception of carson palmer pre draft trade. This will happen post draft after the New CBA is signed. There terms will be close to what i am saying in the original post. Henne is not going to be traded. Our #1 picks looks to be g/c Mike pouncey Florida (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297328-More-fin-prophecies-by-the-mystic-Enduro#). This will be our selection with and without a trade down. write it down.

talk about it.

bring it on. I now have the ultimate source. The horses mouth. lol..... Just like any draft things can change as things shake out but right now things are looking for mike, everything else is a smoke screen.

Adam Strange
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Drafting another OL would be just perfect. We'd have the best offensive line in the league in no time. Too bad we'll have no QB or RBs worth a damn. Kind of like this past year. Oh how great it will be!

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 12:45 PM
This pick makes sense cornfed baby cornfed!

Built2Win
04-07-2011, 12:47 PM
They know they cant develop a qb so why even try.
Sparano feels with an improved line and running game
henne can only play better as he would be in more manageable situations
with more time to throw an interception..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/ATT45785-1.jpg

Locke
04-07-2011, 01:00 PM
From what you've seen with the choice and development of P.White and C.Henne do you feel comfortable with this regime drafting and developing another QB?

Seeing as Henning and Lee are gone, I have absolutely no expectations as to what to expect as far as developing young QBs. It could be the same, it could be worse, or it could be better. There's no way to know. I do know that we can't NOT draft a QB because of the failure of those two. That's pretty much the reason why you HAVE to draft another one...

Wildbill3
04-07-2011, 01:09 PM
QB is something you should draft every year tbh, regardless of what this team has done in the past with the draft, they still need to draft at least one QB this year. Now as to what round ... hmmmm

Nublar7
04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
if i am wrong like this:

Dec 31st 2010:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/show...almer-and-more (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?292229-Fins-to-trade-for-Palmer-and-more)....

My sources are telling me that things have become very urgent around Miami (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297328-More-fin-prophecies-by-the-mystic-Enduro#) and that our GM is looking to trade (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?292229-Fins-to-trade-for-Palmer-and-more....#) for the Bengals QB Palmer in a draft day trade (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?292229-Fins-to-trade-for-Palmer-and-more....#). Miami will give cinci our #1 pick this year and in return cinci will give us there #2 this year. We will also give cinci a 3 in 2012 that is conditional. This trade all hinges on who is available when our/cinci pick pops up. if cinci draft a qb the trade is on.

Ricky will be resigned

New update 3-31-2011:

The CBA has thrown a Monkey wrench in what was to be so now here is what will happen up to this point. I see all my predictions from Dec 2010 still in motion with the exception of carson palmer pre draft trade. This will happen post draft after the New CBA is signed. There terms will be close to what i am saying in the original post. Henne is not going to be traded. Our #1 picks looks to be g/c Mike pouncey Florida (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297328-More-fin-prophecies-by-the-mystic-Enduro#). This will be our selection with and without a trade down. write it down.

talk about it.

bring it on. I now have the ultimate source. The horses mouth. lol..... Just like any draft things can change as things shake out but right now things are looking for mike, everything else is a smoke screen.

With the exception of Sparano and Ireland being retained, nothing you have said has come true. Though I said back in November that Sparano and Ireland were likely going to be retained and even said I expected an extension for Sparano. I don't have sources, just an educated opinion.

I will dig this thread back up on April 28th.

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Drafting another OL would be just perfect. We'd have the best offensive line in the league in no time. Too bad we'll have no QB or RBs worth a damn. Kind of like this past year. Oh how great it will be!

to bad Sparano would spend the entire preseason tinkering with it and screwing it up!

NY8123
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM
They know they cant develop a qb so why even try.
Sparano feels with an improved line and running game
henne can only play better as he would be in more manageable situations
with more time to throw an interception..

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/ATT45785-1.jpg

That isn't a completely true statement, they know they can not lose and develop a QB.

Signing Palmer is the only option at QB that has the lowest risk to reward ratio. Even his worst years are better then anything Miami has seen since Marino.

It also gives you time to draft/bring in talent in the next couple years to take the reins as Palmer heads into the twilight, Montana/Young - Bledsoe/Brady - etc.. a cushion so to speak to get a good young buck in the system.

P.S - love that pic in your sig! Anyone who has ever been to Taiwan knows this picture. ha!

miamiron
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/MySourceLogo-1.jpg

josekareh
04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
aaa.aaa.aaaaa.aaaaaaa..Bullsht..... Bless you!!!! Sorry I sneezed!!!

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
With the exception of Sparano and Ireland being retained, nothing you have said has come true. Though I said back in November that Sparano and Ireland were likely going to be retained and even said I expected an extension for Sparano. I don't have sources, just an educated opinion.

I will dig this thread back up on April 28th.

You going to play fair and ban other people who litter the board with bogus sources, Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook postings?

Chubby
04-07-2011, 01:21 PM
QB is something you should draft every year tbh, regardless of what this team has done in the past with the draft, they still need to draft at least one QB this year. Now as to what round ... hmmmm
This, This and This.

What QB you draft depends on need and system but in our situation, QB is our #1 need. Draft 1 every year until one hits. We cant just settle for any QB, we need to grab the best one available at the earliest point possible.
Chubbs

Nublar7
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
You going to play fair and ban other people who litter the board with bogus sources, Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook postings?
We have a Twitter tag for when people post rumors they see there and want to post here. Big difference between someone linking to a Twitter report and someone flat out saying "My source says". If you take credit for the report, the burden is on your shoulders if the report is fake. That is against the TOS if it is made up spam.

I will give enduro the benefit of the doubt now, even though nothing he has said has come true, yet. That will all play out in the next few weeks. Though unless he is talking to Ireland himself, I doubt he knows the #15 pick now. Even if he did talk to Jeff, which is extremely doubtful, Jeff would not tell him the truth, and realistically probably still hasn't made a concrete decision on who he will pick. To me, enduro's post is a pure guess.

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
We have a Twitter tag for when people post rumors they see there and want to post here. Big difference between someone linking to a Twitter report and someone flat out saying "My source says". If you take credit for the report, the burden is on your shoulders if the report is fake. That is against the TOS if it is made up spam.

I will give enduro the benefit of the doubt now, even though nothing he has said has come true, yet. That will all play out in the next few weeks. Though unless he is talking to Ireland himself, I doubt he knows the #15 pick now. Even if he did talk to Jeff, which is extremely doubtful, Jeff would not tell him the truth, and realistically probably still hasn't made a concrete decision on who he will pick. To me, enduro's post is a pure guess.

You know full well there is someone who claims to have sources and the majority of the time the reports are as accurate as a monkey **** fight at the zoo!

Hey? I am laid up for 6 months just had my ankle rebuilt, I have a new iPad2, and a little full of Oxy's maybe I will take up reporting!

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/MySourceLogo-1.jpg

Thank god she is into you now! Man she is stalker crazy I thought she was going to boil my cat! ;-)

Chubby
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
No not really but the way I look at it, how bad can they really screw up a QB in 1 year especially if there is a shortned offseason. The next regime will be able to develop him properly.
Chubbs

Wildbill3
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
You know full well there is someone who claims to have sources and the majority of the time the reports are as accurate as a monkey **** fight at the zoo!

Hey? I am laid up for 6 months just had my ankle rebuilt, I have a new iPad2, and a little full of Oxy's maybe I will take up reporting!off-topic and bitter much? if you have an issue take it to pm, otherwise... back to the subject.

Chubby
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
off-topic and bitter much? if you have an issue take it to pm, otherwise... back to the subject.
/whip sound.
Chubbs

islandah
04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
We're getting Markice Pouncy?! Awesome- he'll be our next Dwight Stephenson! The guy's a baller! He'll make an immediate impact! I'm so stoked! Oh, wait,...you said Mike Pouncy? Pass.

tylerdolphin
04-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I predict this thread will end well. These threads always do.

:patientbear: for now.

tical
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
No not really but the way I look at it, how bad can they really screw up a QB in 1 year especially if there is a shortned offseason. The next regime will be able to develop him properly.
Chubbs

I don't know man! Henne with 1/2 season under his belt looked much better and confident than the Henne that went through TC and started for us.

Nublar7
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM

Hey? I am laid up for 6 months just had my ankle rebuilt, I have a new iPad2, and a little full of Oxy's maybe I will take up reporting!If you have a problem with a poster, contact a Admin or Mod via PM to discuss it. This is not the place for it.

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I predict this thread will end well. These threads always do.

:patientbear: for now.

It has potential!

NY8123
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
It's like a bunch of angry ally cats in here.

The truth of the matter is simple, no one knows who Miami is going to draft. There are two or three teams you could predict with 90% certainty and those are spots 1,2 and 3. Beyond that it is a total craps shoot, I wouldn't care if Jeff Ireland &Tony Sparano walked into ESPN studios for Sportscenter and said we are drafting player X.

It doesn't mean that guy is there at pick 15, I am sure Miami's draft war room board looks like a ninety year old grandmothers leg without stockings on - so many blue lines that lead in every direction it isn't funny.

I don't think one person had Miami picking Odrick, at least none of the big boards. It's fun to debate who, how, when, if, where and it's part of what makes the off season fun. Who cares who is right or wrong.

There isn't a single poster on this forum, ESPN annalist, GM, Coach or owner who is right 100%.

SCOTTY
04-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Florida center Mike Pouncey (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27201/mike-pouncey) visited the Dallas Cowboys (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys)' Valley Ranch facility Wednesday and tweeted that he expects to wear the silver and blue next season.

Scouts Inc.: Pouncey to Cowboys?

"Headed back to Pittsburgh ... would be shocked if i wasn't in a dallas uniform nxt year! The draft is april 28th so we will see ...

DZimmer000
04-07-2011, 03:18 PM

Take MY solid info as an example:

My brother's girlfriend has a sister who's hairdresser knows a guy who cut the lawn of the guy who lives next door to the mechanic who works on a car belonging to a guy who works in an office (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?297558-Anonymous-Source-I-got-confirmation-on-Miami-s-1-pick-this-year!#) where the secretary's 2nd cousin went to highschool with Ireland's brother who told him during a night out at Hooters (Cinco de Mayo) that the Dolphins were CERTAIN to pick Cam Newton if he was still there with our 2nd pick in the 7th round.

BANK ON IT

RESPECT IT

CLASSIC!!! The funniest part is the Cinco de Mayo quip...... Very well done.

CANDolphan
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Pouncey is ****ing delusional if he thinks he's going top 10

ROADRUNNER
04-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Per my sources:

additional info:

pass................

abNORMal
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
if i am wrong like this:

Dec 31st 2010:

Ricky will be resigned

New update 3-31-2011:

talk about it.

Tell "your sources" that I, ABNORMAL, approve of their decision and that it is "OK" to proceed. And when you say "OK" and do the air quotes thing with your fingers, otherwise they won't know it's really me. K? Thanks...

Yessir
04-07-2011, 04:08 PM
If we draft an interior lineman of any sort, Ireland deserves everything he's going to get(which is being jobless
in a year)...

Pitbull13
04-07-2011, 04:20 PM
if i am wrong like this:

Dec 31st 2010:

Ricky will be resigned

New update 3-31-2011:

talk about it.

You have got to be kidding me with the Carson Palmer trade. If that comes true I'm done. No way he gets traded for any thing higher than a 4th rd pick. Where are you getting this crap :err: ?

fatkirstyalley
04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
anonymous source.....FKA will be on the Madden 11 cover

Pitbull13
04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Tell "your sources" that I, ABNORMAL, approve of their decision and that it is "OK" to proceed. And when you say "OK" and do the air quotes thing with your fingers, otherwise they won't know it's really me. K? Thanks...

Please give a different quote to "your sources" with your middle finger for me.

Mr. Magoo
04-07-2011, 04:26 PM
FWIW enduro has claimed in the past to be an old friend of Jeff Ireland's. I'd love to see some proof of that (say, a picture of them together) but that's what he claims. And it doesn't entirely defy belief that Ireland would be forthcoming with an old friend because -- after all -- who believes the guy who says he knows the GM? Judging by this thread, not too many people. Ireland is smart enough to know that, or believes that when he tells his friend to keep quiet, he does.

I personally don't know what to believe. At the end of the day, though, I could spent an afternoon chatting with Ireland and studying their draft board and that doesn't mean I knew what they were going to do with every pick. That's part of the allure of the draft: massive research, followed by high wire uncertainty.

zach attach
04-07-2011, 04:54 PM

I'm not so sure if Mallet is in the same category as White and Henne. I like Mallet, White was a mistake plain and simple. Henne doesn't have "It." I think the FO gets a vetern in here to win now and groom Henne another season behind him. Or they could cut him and draft Mallet. Wow, that's threee times I said Mallet in here, no four! LOL

Wildbill3
04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
reminds me of a time when a dude said he had sources, and indeed he did, until he was fired for revealing stuff a few hours before his newspaper put it to the press.

ckparrothead
04-07-2011, 05:08 PM
if i am wrong like this:

Dec 31st 2010:

Ricky will be resigned

New update 3-31-2011:

talk about it.

You also said that Jeff Ireland told you that he sees Pat Devlin as the next Tom Brady, and will be the Dolphins' answer to the QB problem in a trade down. Well, he'll have a chance to be the next Tom Brady, because he'll probably be drafted in the 6th round just like Tom was.

tay0365
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM

Wow!!! Listen, I am a huge Stephenson fan, and still think he is one of the best Center to play the game (arguably the best), but come on, there was a certain QB that might have had more to do with that when he retired, or a certain HC when he was forced out...but no, not a Center, sorry.

ckparrothead
04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
For the record I agree with TedSlimmJr that it seems REAL iffy to draft a guy intending to play Center at #15 overall if he doesn't even know how to snap the ball yet. But then again, that doesn't seem out of character for this regime. Andre Gurode in Dallas was notoriously iffy when it came to his snaps, particularly his shotgun snaps if I'm not mistaken...back when Sparano was there. So again, questionable but not out of character. Pouncey I would draft as a Guard probably...and if he can take snaps and get better at it from Center then bonus. But #15 seems high for that.

Agree that taking a RB at #15 is just not in these guys' nature.

Hey listen if the plan is Carson Palmer, Mike Pouncey, and then a combination of draft and free agency help at #2 TE, #4 WR and #1 and #2 RB...you're not going to hear many complaints out of me.

But that's gambling a LOT on Carson Palmer actually being available, and willing to play in Miami. And that's a very low odds gamble.

Enduro may be connected to Jeff Ireland, he may not. I hope he's not, just because the information that has come out of enduro about what Ireland plans tends to be intuitive yet overly simplistic, highly flawed...and I would rather hope Jeff Ireland is a chess player, not a checkers player.

NyPhan23
04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
ohhh boy... i hope to god our rivals don't scope this site, they may be liable to swoop in and steal pouncey from us! jeesh, you should learn to stay mum mr. enduro, our season is ruined.

ckparrothead
04-07-2011, 05:27 PM
ohhh boy... i hope to god our rivals don't scope this site, they may be liable to swoop in and steal pouncey from us! jeesh, you should learn to stay mum mr. enduro, our season is ruined.

Your sarcasm is exactly one of the reasons why it's possible that enduro DOES actually know Jeff Ireland.

Ireland doesn't give a sh-t what appears on a message board from a guy that claims he knows him, because he knows none of the other 31 teams in the league give a sh-t either.

I'm not saying enduro is NOT connected. I'm saying that based on the things he's said, I HOPE he is not. It doesn't speak very highly of Jeff Ireland if he's referring to Pat Devlin as the next Tom Brady and designating him as the savior of the franchise at QB in a trade down, and then by the time Pat Devlin gets through the pre-Draft process he's borderline undraftable. I was high on Devlin at one point too, but I don't do this 50-60 hours a week nor have I been scouting the players full time through the entire college season, nor do I have regional specialists at my disposal whose job it is to slice off a mere portion of the draftable players out there and follow them closely.

If I were a professional and very highly paid General Manager and in December I was referring to Pat Devlin as the next Tom Brady and savior of the franchise...I'd be a bit embarrassed right about now. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I've been horribly wrong before. Just saying.

And the primary flaw in Ireland's current plan, as related by enduro, is that they can't have any clue whether Carson or his wife are even willing to play in Miami, let alone any clue whether Mike Brown is going to stare Carson down into retirement. Banking a lot on such a low odds outcome. Not smart.

retarmyfinfan
04-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I thought April Fools day is over.

Mr. Magoo
04-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Your sarcasm is exactly one of the reasons why it's possible that enduro DOES actually know Jeff Ireland.

Ireland doesn't give a sh-t what appears on a message board from a guy that claims he knows him, because he knows none of the other 31 teams in the league give a sh-t either.

I'm not saying enduro is NOT connected. I'm saying that based on the things he's said, I HOPE he is not. It doesn't speak very highly of Jeff Ireland if he's referring to Pat Devlin as the next Tom Brady and designating him as the savior of the franchise at QB in a trade down, and then by the time Pat Devlin gets through the pre-Draft process he's borderline undraftable. I was high on Devlin at one point too, but I don't do this 50-60 hours a week nor have I been scouting the players full time through the entire college season, nor do I have regional specialists at my disposal whose job it is to slice off a mere portion of the draftable players out there and follow them closely.

If I were a professional and very highly paid General Manager and in December I was referring to Pat Devlin as the next Tom Brady and savior of the franchise...I'd be a bit embarrassed right about now. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I've been horribly wrong before. Just saying.

And the primary flaw in Ireland's current plan, as related by enduro, is that they can't have any clue whether Carson or his wife are even willing to play in Miami, let alone any clue whether Mike Brown is going to stare Carson down into retirement. Banking a lot on such a low odds outcome. Not smart.

Why not? The rules on tampering are not taken very seriously in the NFL. The first day of free agency every year -- when guys are signed literally within minutes or hours after it begins -- reaffirms just what a sham the whole thing is.

A far bigger wildcard, I'd say, is Mike Brown.

EDIT: Whether they want to live in Miami is a separate issue. I've read the same stories you have. But I wouldn't doubt they already know how he feels.

SuperMarksBros.
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
My sources tell me that if we're going spend high draft picks and/or huge $ during free agency on our offensive line each year, we really dont need an o-line "guru" coaching this team.

Pitbull13
04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
By the way doesn't this thread belong in the Draft Thread?

X-Pacolypse
04-07-2011, 06:24 PM
If this dude is wrong, don't ban him outright from the site. Just pink out his name and force him to the Depths where he can keep Assmop and Rixon company. That's probably a worse punishment.

Cali Finfan
04-07-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/imagesqtbnANd9GcSxRxwEiM5n8onlJmifKBCsAZ-1.jpg

rdksek844
04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
If we draft a center that can't snap the damn ball, I will jump off a cliff in Utah. Yes, I will literally drive to Utah and jump off a cliff.

Hayden Fox
04-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I like Pouncey

beanh8er
04-07-2011, 08:43 PM
What's wrong with drafting him? We play him at center during mini camp, work on mechanics, and if he doesn't get it we put him at LG. Win-win situation. We either get a pro-bowl C or a pro bowl LG.

MiamiNative0722
04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Incognito will be our center

Roonnette
04-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I thought his source was a magic ball.

enduro
04-07-2011, 09:55 PM

give him a couple of heinekens and he talks. lol... keep in mind if a top 10 drops he said he would take him. but if things go as they mocked then its mike. speaking of mike i was amazed when they said he as enough range to play tackle and he's a freaking center. wow...

Clipse
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
What's wrong with drafting him? We play him at center during mini camp, work on mechanics, and if he doesn't get it we put him at LG. Win-win situation. We either get a pro-bowl C or a pro bowl LG.

Because you don't draft interior lineman with the 15th pick.

Built2Win
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
u know sparano the offense line guru
wants to prove he knows what he is doing
so im sure they will grab an offensive lineman early
running cant be your nature with joe hamburger.

Sparano and Ireland have looked under a microscope and they are convinced
Pouncey has pro-bowel DNA..

JCane
04-07-2011, 10:33 PM

We have FAR too many holes on this team to be making luxury picks. What we NEED is a center...not a guy that MIGHT be able to play center if we work on this and that.

JMO

Roonnette
04-07-2011, 10:35 PM
What's wrong is, we need a pro bowl quarterback.

beanh8er
04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
We have FAR too many holes on this team to be making luxury picks. What we NEED is a center...not a guy that MIGHT be able to play center if we work on this and that.

JMO

We also need a legitimate LG, so if he can't play center, he's a LG and we go with Richie at center anyway. Simple mechanics such as snapping can be taught easily but its more of a habit thing then a whether or not one can learn it so practice, practice, practice of snapping correctly and then he should have it. I'd rather take a QB and fill a need but this wouldn't be the worst pick of all time.

flynryan15
04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Am I the only won who seeing the potential train wreck? A QB who hates the shotgun and a center who snaps worm burners!

Thundercracker
04-07-2011, 11:21 PM
The source is anonymous no longer..............it is I !!!!!!!!

beanh8er
04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Am I the only won who seeing the potential train wreck? A QB who hates the shotgun and a center who snaps worm burners!

Shotgun every play with one man routes. Yes superbowl here we come.

dolpns13
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
FWIW enduro has claimed in the past to be an old friend of Jeff Ireland's. I'd love to see some proof of that (say, a picture of them together) but that's what he claims. And it doesn't entirely defy belief that Ireland would be forthcoming with an old friend because -- after all -- who believes the guy who says he knows the GM? Judging by this thread, not too many people. Ireland is smart enough to know that, or believes that when he tells his friend to keep quiet, he does.

I personally don't know what to believe. At the end of the day, though, I could spent an afternoon chatting with Ireland and studying their draft board and that doesn't mean I knew what they were going to do with every pick. That's part of the allure of the draft: massive research, followed by high wire uncertainty.

All you have to believe is anyone who has an un-named source has nothing but opinion. Fact is mr enduros source is just as good as if I had an nfl source in madagascar. Hhe has no clue and his source, This thread is pure speculation just like every other single peice posted on the board that says source. Threads like this should go to the depths. Honestly I'm sick of coming on here and reading some of the crap that is allowed to be posted here as fact. Which actually why I rarely come here anymore

Nublar7
04-08-2011, 10:04 PM
I will say this, while I don't believe that enduro knows who the Dolphins will pick, I don't think Pouncey would be a bad pick. Definitely not my first choice, but he would fill a need on the offensive line. I would see him more as an option at guard than I would at Center. I still believe the plan is to move Incognito to center next season, so the guard spots are really he question areas. I think Garner has the inside track at LG and Jerry is the early favorite at RG. Adding Pouncey would vastly bolster the line and create some much needed competition.

Again, not my first choice, but I can understand if they went that route. An improved line will make the rushing and passing attack much better.

Mr. Magoo
04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
All you have to believe is anyone who has an un-named source has nothing but opinion. Fact is mr enduros source is just as good as if I had an nfl source in madagascar. Hhe has no clue and his source, This thread is pure speculation just like every other single peice posted on the board that says source. Threads like this should go to the depths. Honestly I'm sick of coming on here and reading some of the crap that is allowed to be posted here as fact. Which actually why I rarely come here anymore

And that's just blatantly untrue. Since Woodward and Bernstein, unnamed sources have become a mainstay of every kind of journalism.

sm0kinfins
04-09-2011, 02:56 AM
I like Pouncey

I like Pouncey too.. Just not at #15.

justdev7
04-09-2011, 03:22 AM
This one might be epic

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

JohnBeckHOF
04-09-2011, 03:31 AM
I like Matt Reynolds better, personally, at that pick.

Jake Heaps for future Franchise QB too....I have a feeling there's eyes on him already!

justdev7
04-09-2011, 03:31 AM
I will say this, while I don't believe that enduro knows who the Dolphins will pick, I don't think Pouncey would be a bad pick. Definitely not my first choice, but he would fill a need on the offensive line. I would see him more as an option at guard than I would at Center. I still believe the plan is to move Incognito to center next season, so the guard spots are really he question areas. I think Garner has the inside track at LG and Jerry is the early favorite at RG. Adding Pouncey would vastly bolster the line and create some much needed competition.

Again, not my first choice, but I can understand if they went that route. An improved line will make the rushing and passing attack much better.

I think it would be an awful pick. Not that mike pouncey is an awful player. We've spent so so so many picks on o-lineman in the last few years and we have an average to slightly above average o-line. DRAFT A QB. Granted, putting an immobile guy like mallet behind an offensive line might be trouble. But I'd rather have a top tier qb that gets sacked than a below average qb that takes slightly less but will never win an important game for you?

Sorry, I lost it for a second

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

dolpns13
04-09-2011, 08:29 AM
And that's just blatantly untrue. Since Woodward and Bernstein, unnamed sources have become a mainstay of every kind of journalism.

And thats unfortunate because unnamed sources cannot be relied upon as fact

emeraldfin
04-09-2011, 08:37 AM
I like Matt Reynolds better, personally, at that pick.

Jake Heaps for future Franchise QB too....I have a feeling there's eyes on him already!

Really liked what I seen from Heaps last season, especially from a freshman.

Wildbill3
04-09-2011, 08:47 AM
lol when the owner wants an explosive offense and you draft a lineman in the first round... I don't quite think you're setting yourself up for longterm job security.

MP-Omnis
04-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Even Larry Allen was a 2nd round pick.

UHHS
04-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Who says Pouncey is a ProBowl center ? He is projected as a guard. He sucked at center. Tell your " source " he can start sniffing the dirty jocks again as soon as the OTAs start.

UHHS
04-09-2011, 12:47 PM

Frist off, just mentioning he has a " source " tells me two things. He loves attention and he is full of sheeet. If one really has inside sources you never proclaim it to the general public, no need to. You put down the info and thats it. Sure people are going to want links, proof, who are you, etc. big deal. Ego and so called Internet Respect are really comical funny these days.

Pitbull13
04-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Jesus, I can't believe this thread is still going

abNORMal
04-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Per my sources:

additional info:

:knee:

phinsfan84
04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Enduro very nice scoop man. Credit given where credit is due. . . . What we doing tomorrow??? hahaha

etsudolfan
04-29-2011, 02:34 AM
so you wanna cookie or somethin? whoopty ***t

Locke
04-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Lucky guess.

He had this exact same thread up last draft, claiming we would take Terrance Cody. I still think he is a troll...

Elle Clouds
04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Lucky guess.

He had this exact same thread up last draft, claiming we would take Terrance Cody. I still think he is a troll...
Stop it, now you're trolling. Enduro got the pick right, just eat your crow and take your hat off to the man. Sheesh.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
To the one that talks about himself in third person.....kudos, you called it.

Penthos
04-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I understand having doubts about people claiming inside info, but all of you who needlessly and relentlessly mocked Enduro for it look like total morons right now.

Chubby
04-29-2011, 09:57 AM
I understand having doubts about people claiming inside info, but all of you who needlessly and relentlessly mocked Enduro for it look like total morons right now.
I am happy for him that he was right, but i still will stick to my guns and say he guessed and has no inside sources. Go look at his other posts. But again I will not jump all over Enduro anymore, theres really no point to it.
Chubbs

JG777
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
LOL, whether he guessed it or not, to all that mocked Enduro should eat crow now!!!

Locke
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Stop it, now you're trolling. Enduro got the pick right, just eat your crow and take your hat off to the man. Sheesh.

:rolleyes2:

zach8111
04-29-2011, 11:15 AM

in his defense, almost every draft analyst had us taking pouncey

DazedinMiami
04-29-2011, 12:51 PM
dude..thanks for the tip. You seems so emphatic about us drafting him i believed it and that it was a great move.. not sexy but still a really good pick. Thanks for the early info.

Perfect23
04-29-2011, 01:16 PM
I love this pick there was no else I would of rather picked with the 15th

ticophin
04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Props to Enduro, view it as you may, he got it right, and was blasted for it...I for one, will be more respectfull for others opinions, and even though I may not agree with them, I will refrain from mocking the poster...

Mile High Fin
04-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Nicely done.......but the REAL clincher for me will be if Miami pursues Carson Palmer after the lockout is done.

ckparrothead
04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
What happens over the next 4 to 6 hours will convince me whether enduro is as connected as he says. I always admitted the possibility that he was, but HOPED that he wasn't (due to the stuff he was reporting to us)

Aqua and Orange
04-29-2011, 02:50 PM
What happens over the next 4 to 6 hours will convince me whether enduro is as connected as he says. I always admitted the possibility that he was, but HOPED that he wasn't (due to the stuff he was reporting to us)

Carson Palmer appears to be the biggest crux of enduro's arguments. I would hate to think that the Dolphins brass is planning their draft around a trade that may or may not ever happen...but wouldn't surprise me.

footsteps_falco
04-29-2011, 02:55 PM
who the hell wasn't predicting pouncey? when this thread was started pouncey was the concensus pick on like every mock once ingram's knee stuff started circulating. If he has connections great, but this thread doesn't prove that to me. i think a lot of us on here hoped it would be a sexier pick, but we all knew pouncey was a very real possibility

Clipse
04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Lol. Are people really giving props to this guy when everyone and their mother knew the Dolphins were going to draft Pouncey? As Locke siad, his prediction last year didn't hold any water. Pouncey was an obvious pick for this safe, conservative, clueless regime hence why everyone had him or Ingram mocked to the Fins.

ckparrothead
04-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Just saying, if the Dolphins trade back up for Mallett then enduro was basically 2 for 2.

Clipse
04-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Just saying, if the Dolphins trade back up for Mallett then enduro was basically 2 for 2.

Well, let's hope he's right. I'd be more than happy with Pouncey if we can still land Mallett, as well as a RB, TE, and speedy WR. Plenty of those available in this draft.

Myles Fynch
04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, let's hope he's right. I'd be more than happy with Pouncey if we can still land Mallett, as well as a RB, TE, and speedy WR. Plenty of those available in this draft.

Amen to all of that. Unfortunately, we do need ALL of that.

Aqua and Orange
04-29-2011, 05:09 PM

This would make me smile for days.

Markcalius
04-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Lol. Are people really giving props to this guy when everyone and their mother knew the Dolphins were going to draft Pouncey?

In all fairness, enduro came out with the Pouncey pick before it picked up steam on the mock drafts. Look back at some of the initial reactions in this thread, they were "initial" reactions to the idea of drafting Pouncey at #15.

JerryD
04-29-2011, 06:10 PM
SI is mocking Mallet to the Raiders ...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/04/29/second-round-mock-draft/index.html?hpt=T2

#48 QB Ryan Mallett (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/draft-2011/players/63617.html) Arkansas Jr. 6-6.5 253

DolphinFan87
04-29-2011, 08:17 PM

He could be right even without trading up. Reports/Rumors are saying the dolphins are/were trying to trade into the second round, maybe they were trying to get Mallet. They could have tried but no teams wanted to.

Mile High Fin
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
We passed on Mallett and drafted Daniel Thomas.

This shows we may have been planning on Carson Palmer trade.
This supports Enduro.....for now.
Let's see in a couple months if we pursue Palmer via trade...

matt11390
04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
If Miami does trade for Carson Palmer then this draft becomes so much clearer ... and better!