PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft

Canadi-Phin
04-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Miami trades with San Diego because they want JJ Watt. We trade 15th for 18th and 82nd pick
Miami trade with Atlanta. Falcons trade up for Justin Houston. We trade 18th for 26th and 58th.

26. Mike Pouncey OG Hopefully he's around. (Alternate:Ryan Mallett)
58. Ryan Williams RB
79. Colin Kapernick QB
82. Randall Cobb WR/KR
111. DJ Williams TE

All offense but I feel that's what we need and when FA opens we grab some depth for our Defense.

justdev7
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I........I don't know what to say

Canadi-Phin
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Tell me what you find so hard to comment on, unrealistic? Don't want the players, don't fit our scheme, overated or underrated?

TrinidadDolfan
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/suicide-1.jpg

justdev7
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Tell me what you find so hard to comment on, unrealistic? Don't want the players, don't fit our scheme, overated or underrated?

Again, I try never knock anyone too badly for trying as long as they put effort in to a mock and I think you did. First, I don't like Pouncy (You should have gone with your alternative). If his brother wasn't as good as he is Mike wouldn't be getting the first round talk. Ryan Williams I have no problem with. Kapernick, well that's kind of self explanatory. He's a good pick for a team that doesn't need a QB right away. This is the biggest problem that I have. I'm not as big of a Randell Cobb fan as most people around here are. I don't think he has the type of speed that we need to open things up for Marshall and Bess and hopefully Julias Thomas or Lance Kendricks. I've seen a lot of comparisons to Percy Harvin and I just don't see it. I like some things about DJ Williams and I think for the right team he's worth maybe a late 2nd rounder. I don't think we're that team.

I don't mean to be harsh because putting together a mock that meets many of the needs we have is hard. So when I put one out there in a week or two feel free to respond in the same fashion.

RHoffman
04-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I appreciate the attempt at a mock but Cobb and Williams won't be there in those rounds. Furthermore, I am not a Ryan Williams guy and not particularly high on Pouncey either.
Cobb is not an ideal fit either.

RHoffman
04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I've tried to state it a number of different ways but this draft is so weak on offense that you can not be surprised when Miami goes for a defensive player with an early pick.

Canadi-Phin
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Here's the thing you can hate it all you want but honestly Pouncey could start the next 10 years for Miami and be our pulling left guard. I wanted to trade down to add pieces to the team to win. At 15 we would be stuck with bad decisions there as well and I would probably take Pouncey there if I don't love Mallett. I don't think there is a qb that is coming in and starting and winning. So no matter what we are developing the qb we draft. If you think Mallett is that guy than we have to take him at 15. Problem is I think the top 3 QBs are going to be gone. So then I think we should trade down and take Pouncey or on of the rts. to me there is a vey good chance that Williams is there because Ingram and LeShoure will be taken there. Please don't mistake speed to take the top off a defense is possessed by Cobb, being fast does not mean you run great deep routes, ala Ginn. Cobb has that deep ability in my eyes. You like Kendricks I like Williams, I wouldn't be upset with Kendricks but I think Williams does more for our offense as Fasano is the same a Kendricks to me.

I think the first round of defense is overshadowing the offense players in this draft. After the first round the defense players left are no better if not worse than the offense players left.

Canadi-Phin
04-07-2011, 11:26 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/suicide-1.jpg

Suicide, wow drastic. Tell me who your 1st pick is? Who you got? We can all punch holes in every players who could be taken. So throw one out there for Me.

Roman529
04-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I like the guys you have in your mock. The main problem is I think many other teams are also wanting to trade down, but I think unless there is a resolution to the CBA and lockout before the draft, it is going to be tough trading down without being able to include NFL players in these deals. I think many teams want to be like New England and trade down to stockpile players, but getting teams to deal with you is going to be really tough this year.

DJ Williams is the second best TE in the draft and should go in Round Two. Randall Cobb should go early in the third round and he probably won't be there at #82...he probably goes somewhere from #62-#80. I think if we can't draft Newton or Gabbert, we need to grab a QB like Mallett or Ponder. Kaepernick has good size, speed but he needs to work on his delivery and has to put on some weight.

Canadi-Phin
04-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I like the guys you have in your mock. The main problem is I think many other teams are also wanting to trade down, but I think unless there is a resolution to the CBA and lockout before the draft, it is going to be tough trading down without being able to include NFL players in these deals. I think many teams want to be like New England and trade down to stockpile players, but getting teams to deal with you is going to be really tough this year.

DJ Williams is the second best TE in the draft and should go in Round Two. Randall Cobb should go early in the third round and he probably won't be there at #82...he probably goes somewhere from #62-#80. I think if we can't draft Newton or Gabbert, we need to grab a QB like Mallett or Ponder. Kaepernick has good size, speed but he needs to work on his delivery and has to put on some weight.

Thanks Roman I agree with what you said. Wa hoping DJ would drop because of his height. Cobb seems to be picked to go anywhere in the third.
I think we will have a very good chance to trade down because Ireland is a deal maker. Also so many good d linemen that more than one team will want may work in our favor. Honestly if Mallett is there at 15 I would take him. If we traded down twice and he was there it would be a no brainer. I still don't think he will start at the start of there year. I would hope I'm wrong if we Actually do take him.

Kdawg954
04-08-2011, 08:43 AM
The only reason I "don't like it as much" is because of the Kaepernick selection (not a fan, but that is cool). But that is my opinion . . . if the draft fell like that for this regime . . . I think they would be going BANANAS. Good job.

Cobb at 82 . . . man I would be real excited with that pick (tho pissed we ain't take him at 79 :lol:)

phinfan33
04-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Miami trades with San Diego because they want JJ Watt. We trade 15th for 18th and 82nd pick
Miami trade with Atlanta. Falcons trade up for Justin Houston. We trade 18th for 26th and 58th.

26. Mike Pouncey OG Hopefully he's around. (Alternate:Ryan Mallett)
58. Ryan Williams RB
79. Colin Kapernick QB
82. Randall Cobb WR/KR
111. DJ Williams TE

All offense but I feel that's what we need and when FA opens we grab some depth for our Defense.If Mallett&Ponder are gone then i'm ok with Pouncey at that pick..knowing Sparano wants us to have a strong ground game,i can see the Williams pick...i,myself would go with DJ Williams at the spot you have us taking Kap,and get Ricky Stanzi with that second 3rd rd pick..that 4th rd pick i'd use on a Center like Tim Barnes if he's available...my 5th rd pick would be spent on another RB,and my 6th and three 7ths would be BPA at whatever positions i felt like addressing...

finsfanjay13
04-10-2011, 07:56 PM

DJ *should* (from a talent perspective) go in round 2, but many actually have him mocked in rounds 3 or 4 because of his height. I say good. It means Miami can get him later. I've been high on DJ Williams for a very long time, and that won't change.

footsteps_falco
04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
i like the mock, and i like the idea of two trade downs, even if some might not think its realistic, its smart. we have 1 pick in the top 50. 2 picks in the top 100. the more top 100 players we get the better so i definitely liked that. pouncey is not going to be a sexy addition period, but it's always smart to solidify the line, and i think he would be the 2nd best offensive lineman on this team from day one. DJ williams outside of the 100th pick is fine with me, i dont care if its him or one of the other guys but we need someone to compete with schuler. i like fasano but outside of him i think were thin.

what i dont like... kaepernick. period. the fact that you put ryan mallett as the alternative to pouncey can basically change youre whole mock. so im going to pretend like you didn't write that, because our entire draft could and probably will be dictated by what position we go with first. i'm not high on ryan williams either. i feel like trading down and getting OL/RB is a smart move, but at the same time, i might rather stay at 15 and just take ingram, i think he's unrivaled and if we're going RB higher in the draft, i think i'd rather just pull the trigger on him then go OL/RB with a trade down. i also think if we trade out of 15 we lose him.

If we are to do what you say and trade down once or twice, take OL (pouncey or whoever) and then a RB (mikel, Ryan, Ingram ect ect) then i think the QB we should roll with should be 1. locker over kaepernick (my preference)... 2. Ponder if available.. or 3... since you're now digging into the 3rd tier of QB's... where i put kaepernick... just wait till later and go with a guy like TJ yates, Ricky Stanzi ect ect where you can get more bang for your buck, since in all likelyness whatever QB you pick isn't getting on the field next year, which is how i feel about kaepernick, if ever.. again personal preference..

X-Pacolypse
04-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Meh, not a fan.