PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Rudolph

beanh8er
04-07-2011, 08:59 PM
4.78 40 at his pro day after working out only 3 weeks. He hopes to get it into the 4.6 range by the end of the month. Experts want to weigh in on your opinions of him? Strengths? Weaknesses? etc...

Roman529
04-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I think Rudolph is the best TE in this year's draft and similar to Gronkowski of the Patriots. I know he had some injuries at Notre Dame so hopefully he has recovered fully. He has size, good hands, decent but not great speed, has to work on his blocking a bit more. I doubt we would be looking at him as he is projected to be a late first rounder or an early 2nd rounder, unless we were to trade down.

Harry Csonka
04-08-2011, 03:09 AM
The value is not there for us need to look and D.J. Williams, Lance Kendricks, or Julius Thomas later on.

MP-Omnis
04-08-2011, 03:36 AM
We should pull a Pats move and get Rudolph and DJ.

justdev7
04-08-2011, 04:47 AM

It really pissed me off that both the Pats and Ravens got two TEs last year and we didn't get one.

Buff
04-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Would rather Virgil Green or DJ Williams in either 3rd or 4th rounds. I think Rudolph will end up at Atlanta in the 1st round.

justdev7
04-08-2011, 04:52 AM
I was really big on Kyle Rudolph but I've realized that there are several guys that I like just as much if not more that we can get later. One is lance Kendricks, he hes great hands and moves like a WR. Virgil Green is explosive and really really reminds me of Antonio Gates. Julius Thomas makes looks like he was born to play TE. Everything he does is smooth and he's pretty fast too in addition to being a decent blocker for his lack of experience. With all these guys around there's just no reason to take Kyle Rudolph. Plus Rudolph looks kind of clumsy.

Kdawg954
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Alot of these later on guys are not as polished or don't have the size or ability that Rudolph brings to the table. If he is healthy he is a "legitimate" first round TE.

I tend to side with CK on this one . . . although if you found a way to trade down with New Orleans and pick up the 56th pick and Rudolph by some miracle was still around you would be hard pressed not to think about taking him (at 79, well yea that is just impossible unless his injury rehab is stalling or something . . . and at 15 is laughable) . . . with Fasano on the roster and resigned, you just need a mid/late round guy with some athletcism who can run down the seam for you at TE and gives you some ability as a blocker. You want him to be athletic . . .hell athletic TE's have killed us for the last 2 years . . . it is time we get our own athletic TE and start doing some damage. I mean my god there were times when we only had Fasano active on game days . . . who does this crap?

The kid from USC and Portland State fit this mold. Even the Housler kid from FAU . . . just need a big guy with some speed to give you another option. It's funny after watching the 2007 season and then the 2008 season and then the last 2 years . . . who would of thought we would miss/need David Martin so bad right now after the 2007 season he had. He came back in 2008 and really provided a nice tandem with Fasano . . . that is all we need in 2011.

beanh8er
04-08-2011, 08:20 AM
He has been told by every medical staff his hammy has perfectly healed.

EireTiger
04-08-2011, 09:11 AM

This. Draft Rudolph and in a later round draft Williams, Green, Housler or Jordan. This would improve the passing game and the running game.

hooshoops
04-08-2011, 10:29 AM
ahhh...now we're talkin...i've maintained all along that kyle rudolph carries a 1st round grade...in fact he's the only te worth using a top 2 round pick on...dj williams as an h back yea i can see 3rd rd there...4.78 with only 3 weeks of prep not stretch to say he could shave a tenth off of that with more time...so he's a 4.7 guy lets say just like jermichael finley

kids catch radius is rediculous...he has a nice little burst out of his cuts runs solid routes shows a ton of potential as an in line blocker plucks the ball out of the air with those rediculous hands has shown the ability on tape to be split out wide in the red zone and outleap the db for the ball..provides run after the catch yards with his ability to make the first man miss...

pick #15??? too rich...but a trade back into the mid 20's or so with no qb options that warrant the pick absolutely i'm on board...

this kids da goods

only weakness is the kids missed a lot of time at dame due to injury...i'd still take him he's too talented not to