PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins have interest in tyrod taylor???

madmic21
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
An interesting article... Lets bash away!

http://profootball.scout.com/2/1061542.html

flynryan15
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
That doesn't surprise me! I am sure they had Daboll drawing up new wildcat plays while they were at his pro day.

Tunaphish429
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Really I think its due dilligence..Seeing what he can do..Its not like they have alot of work to do right now since they dont have contact with players..Might as well work out every player.

napsndreds
04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Tyrod used to run the wildcat in college?

Nublar7
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Here is the thing though. Taylor will likely be available for the Dolphins in round 4 or 5. At that point it is OK to take a flier on a gimmick quarterback who can play in the Wildcat formation. If the new CBA makes Thigpen a free agent, then Miami will have to add two quarterbacks to their roster. You can take Taylor and still draft someone like Mallett or Locker earlier in the draft. You could even draft Taylor and turn him into a Brad Smith/Josh Cribbs type player.

hooshoops
04-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Here is the thing though. Taylor will likely be available for the Dolphins in round 4 or 5. At that point it is OK to take a flier on a gimmick quarterback who can play in the Wildcat formation. If the new CBA makes Thigpen a free agent, then Miami will have to add two quarterbacks to their roster. You can take Taylor and still draft someone like Mallett or Locker earlier in the draft. You could even draft Taylor and turn him into a Brad Smith/Josh Cribbs type player.

miami can't afford to waste a mid round pick on a gimmick anything

Tunaphish429
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
True, Miami didnt have much big play ability last year...The wildcat used to be a big yardage formation...We have really missed that..I am not saying resurect it but it would be nice to have someone we can had the ball to and make a big play... In the 4th or 5th round you would figure there are speedy Wr's left in the draft who can fill that role..

flynryan15
04-08-2011, 03:55 PM

wait a minute rounds 4 and 5 is when we are suppose to get our 1000+ yard RB! Don't you pay attention they are a dime a dozen in those rounds?

madmic21
04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
LOL. Its really funny how a little article on something with around a 10% chance of happening can really get the flames going round here.

mfish41
04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
i dont think tyrod is a gimmick qb, if i'm not mistaken he played in a pro-style offense at vatech and won a lot of games for the hokies. I don't know the first thing about evaluating a qb though as im sure most don't, so his mechanics,footworks, etc. i haven't a clue.

JFoxx
04-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Nothing to see here folks! Move along, move along!

footsteps_falco
04-08-2011, 05:55 PM
i dont think tyrod is a gimmick qb, if i'm not mistaken he played in a pro-style offense at vatech and won a lot of games for the hokies. I don't know the first thing about evaluating a qb though as im sure most don't, so his mechanics,footworks, etc. i haven't a clue.

Nor do I but the article and the responses in the link seem to suggest he is a lot more then a wildcat guy. would be cool to see what our own draft experts on here think of him. He did say his ideal situation is to sit and learn, he didnt sound to confident about winning a job but is willing to compete.

state06
04-08-2011, 06:45 PM
meh. as long as it is not in the 2nd. i would be able to live with a 4th but the 5th is probably about where i would hope we take him (if anywhere).

72champagne
04-08-2011, 07:09 PM
if nothing else he could fix the steering wheel on sparano & irelands short bus and fit them for a suit.

PhinsPhan11
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't mind if we draft him, but not until a later round.

Built2Win
04-09-2011, 09:15 AM
tyrod is an upgrade over henne

kcbrown
04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
if nothing else he could fix the steering wheel on sparano & irelands short bus and fit them for a suit.

hilarious....

I don't know if you are joking but I think he is....same arm strength, same accuracy issues, both led their college teams for years....however, Tyrod can make a play when the pocket collapses whereas Henne folds like a beetle bug.

X-Pacolypse
04-09-2011, 12:39 PM

In what universe? Henne does suck, and sucks badly. That said, Tyrod is not the answer for the Dolphins.

Aqua and Orange
04-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Taylor in the 5th or 6th round wouldn't be that bad...unless he is the ONLY QB the Dolphins pick up in this draft. Then it's fair to see many of us would be annoyed.

There is little excitement to be had for another QB who has trouble seeing over the line.

Harry Csonka
04-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Im a Canes fan so I hate VT but I will give credit where it's due Tyrod Taylor is better than people think. I would rather have him than Colin Kapernick(bring on the hate Kap lovers all one of you), both would take a few years to develop but at least we wouldnt need to reach for Tyrod.