04-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I fun clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0uBItsSJI

newlownorder
04-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Very cool!

footsteps_falco
04-08-2011, 10:24 PM
yea he's a beast, this clip is also posted in the mallett vs kaepernick thread. there's one for kaepernick as well. i wonder if they did any other QB's this year

Roonnette
04-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I had no idea. Sorry for double posting.

Elliott 1
04-08-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.kolotv.com/sports/headlines/117282503.html

Be watching April 14th

Fin Thirteen
04-09-2011, 06:01 AM
He looks a bit "special needs" tho, doesn't he???!!! The face fits the Wonderlic score, that's for sure!

tylerdolphin
04-09-2011, 06:05 AM
He looks a bit "special needs" tho, doesn't he???!!! The face fits the Wonderlic score, that's for sure!

He actually scored above average on the Wonderlic.

ry-dbar
04-09-2011, 12:18 PM
What's up with the glasses?

spydertl79
04-09-2011, 12:47 PM
He actually scored above average on the Wonderlic.
Not for a QB

footsteps_falco
04-09-2011, 12:54 PM
What's up with the glasses?

it looks like the same test they did on kaepernick to see how quickly his eyes scan and lock on to a target, dont know why he has the glasses on though if they arent going to do the test

Aqua and Orange
04-10-2011, 02:18 AM
For those who can't watch the clip and want a recap: Mallett is a tall, long armed, fastball throwing QB. Didn't talk about accuracy, but rather just his physical attributes and speed on his throws.

tylerdolphin
04-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Not for a QB

But hes not a functional retard like people make him out to be.

j-off-her-doll
04-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Not for a QB

His WL score is very close to what Manning scored - unless I'm mistaken.

BostonPhin4
04-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Not for a QB

Average for qb's is around 24 according to my google search.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

So looks like his 26 is above average for a Qb. Way to throw out statements without doing and research, just to dog on a guy for no reason.

He scored a full 10pts higher than Marino, who apparently has the same IQ as a common desk fan. Good thing we avoid these guys with "below average" wonderlic scores eh?

ckparrothead
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Some of the Sports Science segments are awesome, some of them are just not worth watching. The one on Cam Newton was awful. It's like, hey we've got a bunch of numbers and if it's a number it's got to be science, right? Ryan Mallett's arms are not actually that long, at 33 inches. Especially on a guy that's 6'7", that's not long at all.

That's a good thing. When your arms are too long like Colin Kaepernick's, that is when you could run into trouble with your motion being slow. This is something TedSlimmJr pointed out a while ago. You want to be tall but with shorter arms, and big hands. Were it not for the slower feet, then Ryan Mallett would be the picture of what you want in a quarterback. Tall, with mid-length reach and big hands.

And obviously, the wonderlic is not an issue. Nor is his intelligence. He's a bright guy that was practically bottle-fed pro style offenses from the crib.

spydertl79
04-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Average for qb's is around 24 according to my google search.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

So looks like his 26 is above average for a Qb. Way to throw out statements without doing and research, just to dog on a guy for no reason.

He scored a full 10pts higher than Marino, who apparently has the same IQ as a common desk fan. Good thing we avoid these guys with "below average" wonderlic scores eh?
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/wonderlic-scores-of-2010-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-and-339905.html

As you can see, his score is below the average NFL starter's in 2010. I'm not "dogging on him for no reason," I don't want my team to waste a draft pick. Way to be like everyone else from Boston.

BostonPhin4
04-10-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/wonderlic-scores-of-2010-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-and-339905.html

As you can see, his score is below the average NFL starter's in 2010. I'm not "dogging on him for no reason," I don't want my team to waste a draft pick. Way to be like everyone else from Boston.

Haha way to add another factor in once you are proved wrong. Now it has to be starters eh? Before it was just QBs.

And way to be classy, where I am geographically has nothing to do with this conversation. Way go be classy and present a well thought out intelligent argument.

Oh wait no you just changed your argument to starters when prooved wrong and then made a senseless personal attack. Way to go!

spydertl79
04-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Haha way to add another factor in once you are proved wrong. Now it has to be starters eh? Before it was just QBs.

And way to be classy, where I am geographically has nothing to do with this conversation. Way go be classy and present a well thought out intelligent argument.

Oh wait no you just changed your argument to starters when prooved wrong and then made a senseless personal attack. Way to go!
Are we trying to draft a backup?

You were the person to initiate the attack with unnecessary snootiness by saying "Way to throw out statements without doing research." You were looking to prove me wrong so you found a link that fit your view of what an "average NFL QB" is. You just assumed to know what I was saying- when you clearly didn't. I want someone who can actually start and succeed. Maybe Mallett is that guy, but maybe he isn't.

ckparrothead
04-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't think it's correct to say that Mallett's 26 wonderlic was "below average for a QB".

Yes, it's true that the average for an NFL starter is about 28. However, many of those quarterbacks took the Wonderlic before the NFL commissioned the Wonderlic people to create new tests for each Combine. For years, we had reached a point where studying for the Wonderlic was rampant, and easy. You could get hold of six copies of the Wonderlic, study them, and the chances were that you would be taking one of those versions of the test during the Combine. That's how you get absurd scores like Ryan Fitzpatrick's. Since they started commissioning new copies of the test, which I believe happened in 2006 or 2007, some of those absurd Wonderlic scores started to come down. I don't find it very coincidental that looking at starters that were drafted 2006 and beyond, the average wonderlic for them comes down to between 26 and 27.

If I had a responsibility toward TRUTH, meaning I wanted to be totally objective, I would say that Ryan Mallett scored right on the average, for a quarterback's Wonderlic score. Starters and former starters that scored within two points in either direction include Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger, Colt McCoy, Kyle Orton, Chad Pennington and Jamarcus Russell.

In other words, there is no argument to be made criticizing Ryan Mallett's Wonderlic.

Austin Tatious
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
CK, what are your thoughts on Mallett's release and ability to make quick decisions/get it out of there?

ckparrothead
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM
CK, what are your thoughts on Mallett's release and ability to make quick decisions/get it out of there?

His release is actually very quick when put up against other quarterbacks. He doesn't necessarily throw with exceptional anticipation. But he does see the field and make decisions quickly.

CANDolphan
04-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Are we trying to draft a backup?

You were the person to initiate the attack with unnecessary snootiness by saying "Way to throw out statements without doing research." You were looking to prove me wrong so you found a link that fit your view of what an "average NFL QB" is. You just assumed to know what I was saying- when you clearly didn't. I want someone who can actually start and succeed. Maybe Mallett is that guy, but maybe he isn't.

You can't be serious here man. You're doing some serious backpedaling