PDA

View Full Version : Was Marshall murderer's intended target?

DKphin
04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Lake wrote:

You would not be wrong to call the murder of Darrent Williams a simple case of mistaken identity. The evidence suggests that Little Willie meant to open fire on Marshall's limousine -- that he thought the white Hummer was Marshall's limousine. The trial judge found this a likely explanation, and so did Marshall when he talked to the police. While educated guesses can be made about how this knowledge affected Marshall (an ESPN report showed he had some 12 encounters with police (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12659/the-downside-of-brandon-marshall) in the 27 months after the shooting, most of them domestic disturbances), it didn't stop him from becoming a superstar. Darrent Williams's friends believed Williams was destined for the Pro Bowl. Brandon Marshall went instead, and last year he signed a five-year deal with the Dolphins worth more than $47 million.
The feature also breaks down the inconsistencies in Marshall's statements to police and his courtroom testimony regarding his cousin and whether they sprayed patrons with champagne, reigniting previous tensions. The author suggests Marshall protected Blair Clark on the witness stand. Marshall admitted he probably escalated the situation with multiple confrontations with the shooter inside and outside the club.

Willie Clark was sentenced to life plus 1,152 years for first-degree murder (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5152376).

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/27806/was-marshall-murderers-intended-target

DKphin
04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Sorry, please move this to the Miami Dolphins forum.

nyjunc
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
12 encounters w/ police in 27 months. That is ridiculous.

Chubby
04-11-2011, 02:14 PM
12 encounters w/ police in 27 months. That is ridiculous.
Your Right anyone seeing this report would think he was a Jet. Despicable.
Chubbs

JEDIJ007
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Gangsta.....Gangsta.....Who cares. Can he play football? As I can remember Ray Lewis Stabed a man and then Won a Superbowl.

nyjunc
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Your Right anyone seeing this report would think he was a Jet. Despicable.
Chubbs

the Jets led the league in arrests last year?

DKphin
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Gangsta.....Gangsta.....Who cares. Can he play football? As I can remember Ray Lewis Stabed a man and then Won a Superbowl.
Incorrect. Ray Lewis was witness to the stabbing, but would not rat his compatriots out. So they threatened him with contempt.

Kdawg954
04-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Damn, Little Willie ain't never getting out :lol:

Roman529
04-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Willie was a crip who had been involved in many other incidents like this. Marshall and Williams were celebrating at a nightcliub VIP table and started spraying the champagne which got on some of these gang bangers. Marshall made things worse by grabbing Willie by the head after this. Willie felt "disrespected." Willie and another guy fired shots at the limo.....I think they were just trying to hit Bronco's players and not Marshall specifically. There will always be conflicting stories but the Denver Post did a bunch of good reports on it, and they also had a re-enactment by one of the stations in Denver. Most of the witnesses wouldn't come forward as you don't "snitch" in the Hood, but guys starting talking and trying to work out deals with the prosecution. Sad story....hopefully Marshall has learned from it.

spydertl79
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Killing someone over getting champagne sprayed on you? Wow, those guys deserve the electric chair.

Kdawg954
04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Gangbangin is the most stupid crap I have ever seen. I was on South Beach 2 weekends ago and I get this Spanish Blood reppin his ****, so I ask him, "what hood you from bra" . . . he is like "who me, I'm from here". I was like "here?" . . . he is like "yea I'm from here, I'm from South Beach" . . . meanwhile there are police on every street and bentley's parked on the sidewalk . . . give me a break. . . it is sad that in 95% of the country this **** is a fairytale that young adults and kids want to copycat from TV and films and have no idea the culture and meaning it had back in South Central Los Angeles in the 80's and 90's. It was a way of life many young kids that had fathers in jail or in the grave went towards as older "role models" were taking them under their wing. Obviously it wasn't right, but that was the realistics of it. You have kids in private school putting on a red or blue shirt with a household income over 100,000 talking about they are a blood and a crip. It really is getting bad, even worse now that kids have access to everything with the click of a mouse. They all need to take a trip to South Central LA, Crenshaw Blvd up in the J's and 60 crip and see how "real" it is to this day.

Shooting up a limo because you got some champagne on you? That is weak as hell . . . now 2 lives are over because one guy felt insulted . . . you think it gets better but it just gets worse.

sinPHIN
04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Gangbangin is the most stupid crap I have ever seen. I was on South Beach 2 weekends ago and I get this Spanish Blood reppin his ****, so I ask him, "what hood you from bra" . . . he is like "who me, I'm from here". I was like "here?" . . . he is like "yea I'm from here, I'm from South Beach" . . . meanwhile there are police on every street and bentley's parked on the sidewalk . . . give me a break. . . it is sad that in 95% of the country this **** is a fairytale that young adults and kids want to copycat from TV and films and have no idea the culture and meaning it had back in South Central Los Angeles in the 80's and 90's. It was a way of life many young kids that had fathers in jail or in the grave went towards as older "role models" were taking them under their wing. Obviously it wasn't right, but that was the realistics of it. You have kids in private school putting on a red or blue shirt with a household income over 100,000 talking about they are a blood and a crip. It really is getting bad, even worse now that kids have access to everything with the click of a mouse. They all need to take a trip to South Central LA, Crenshaw Blvd up in the J's and 60 crip and see how "real" it is to this day.

Shooting up a limo because you got some champagne on you? That is weak as hell . . . now 2 lives are over because one guy felt insulted . . . you think it gets better but it just gets worse.

completly agree man. people live in a fantasy world and watch to many damn movies. kids these days are getting retarded, everyone is a "gangbanger". people need to grow the **** up and get over ****. killing someone bc you got splashed by a drink makes you a man these days? the guy deserves the death.