PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bray!!!!!!!!!!

justdev7
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
First of all I'm a few years early with this one but this kid is going to be amazing. I think he could end up being the #1 overall pick when he decides to come out. So if we don't end up finding a QB until then remember this guys name. He has great arm strength, great height, and he seems to have solid command of his team and he was only a freshman this year. He can throw the ball on a rope and he's got confidence in his arm. I'm excited to see what this kid doe next year and I'm sure he won't disappoint. Check out the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6vlEvY69Sw&feature=related

You can thank CK for this compilation. Every throw after the 3 minute mark is Tyler Bray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_rMJIlPiI

ckparrothead
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
LOL.

Well, Bray could have a future. I'm not filing him in the folder marked "Sam Bradford (erase) Andrew Luck" just yet. Both those guys I took a look at toward the end of their freshman years and thought WHOA...these guys are #1 overalls.

That's not my instinct with Bray yet. He's absurdly skinny. Gonna need to pack some meat on those bones. What he is, is aggressive as all get out. He's got some ability to him. But right now he's something a little better than a photo negative of Jacory Harris...but not a future 1st rounder until he straightens out some issues.

I'm sure Denarius Moore loves him and he's the type of guy that makes you feel good at QB in the SEC. Definitely on some early watch lists.

I'd have Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley and Ryan Lindley on my 1st round watch for 2012. Landry Jones has the kind of pure talent to get up there if he fixes some decision-making problems. Brandon Weeden has the talent to be right in the thick of things with Luck, Barkley and Lindley...but as a 29 year old rookie that might not love football as much as football loves him? That's tough.

Nick Foles and Kick Cousins have the ability to climb into the 1st round, but I'm not there on them yet. They need more. I think Tyler Wilson will be interesting to track but he should probably try and establish himself at Arkansas for the full two years...and unfortunately, how Ryan Mallett does in the pros will impact him.

Kdawg954
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I really think Foles is going to be a great QB prospect next year. I like him alot . . . I thought he would have been in the first round conversation this season as well. Not in Cam Newton territory . . . but in Ponder, Locker and Dalton territory.

ckparrothead
04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
It's possible Foles may have climbed into that discussion this year. I don't know if I'd say for sure that he would have. I'd have he and Kick Cousins on the outside looking in with Andrew Luck firmly entrenched on the inside, and Matt Barkley and Ryan Lindley on the inside looking out. Whether or not Landry Jones stays in school or comes out will depend on how he does in 2011. If he does well enough he could climb in while someone like Lindley climbs out. Or there could just be four guys. Of course, Barkley could stay in school too. Weeden is a hover guy. I'm SOLD on his talent. Not sold on how much he loves NFL football, and not sold on his age which is obviously a pretty huge detriment.

justdev7
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
LOL.

Well, Bray could have a future. I'm not filing him in the folder marked "Sam Bradford (erase) Andrew Luck" just yet. Both those guys I took a look at toward the end of their freshman years and thought WHOA...these guys are #1 overalls.

That's not my instinct with Bray yet. He's absurdly skinny. Gonna need to pack some meat on those bones. What he is, is aggressive as all get out. He's got some ability to him. But right now he's something a little better than a photo negative of Jacory Harris...but not a future 1st rounder until he straightens out some issues.

I'm sure Denarius Moore loves him and he's the type of guy that makes you feel good at QB in the SEC. Definitely on some early watch lists.

I'd have Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley and Ryan Lindley on my 1st round watch for 2012. Landry Jones has the kind of pure talent to get up there if he fixes some decision-making problems. Brandon Weeden has the talent to be right in the thick of things with Luck, Barkley and Lindley...but as a 29 year old rookie that might not love football as much as football loves him? That's tough.

Nick Foles and Kick Cousins have the ability to climb into the 1st round, but I'm not there on them yet. They need more. I think Tyler Wilson will be interesting to track but he should probably try and establish himself at Arkansas for the full two years...and unfortunately, how Ryan Mallett does in the pros will impact him.

I really like Landry Jones. You got me into Weeden as well. I know Barkley is supposed to be the 2nd best QB but I'm not sold yet. But he's got a year to grow on me.

Watch out for Bray in 2013. I like what I see so far. He is definitely skinny but that arm is live and I might have to nickname him Doc Holliday (sorry Roy) cause the kid is a gunslinger!

TedSlimmJr
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
He's a good prospect for the future, but he's got a long ways to go. Need to watch how he developes over the next few years. He has to get some meat on him first and foremost, then he has to mature a little bit between the ears.

Really, really good arm and spins the football with spectacular RPM's and velocity. Bray is probably the best true freshman quarterback prospect in the SEC since Eli Manning, but I don't see #1 overall potential in him.

If we're talking freshman last year, I like Danny O'Brien as the best prospect of them all.

hooshoops
04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
weedens gonna be like 30 by the time he comes out...no thanks

bray looks like a preying mantis and comes across as a real punk...

i like the georgia kid as the best freshman qb in college football in 2010 pro prospect going forward

justdev7
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM

i like the georgia kid as the best freshman qb in college football in 2010 pro prospect going forward

He's definitely emotional:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO3ptLoZlIc&feature=related

Chubby
04-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I think we we should draft a QB in the 1st round this year, next year and the next.
Odds are one of them will eventually hit :)
Chubbs

Dolphinator530
04-11-2011, 09:26 PM

CAN I GET A HELL YEA (Stone Cold Voice)...AARON FREAKING MURRAY will be a beast, a Freshman in a pro style offense in the SEC threw for 3,049 and 24 TD's without AJ for the firs 4 games. And he is mobile he can run but more like a Steve Young kind of runner (NOT SAYING HE IS STEVE YOUNG) but he runs to buy time and can get 7 or 8 on 3rd down if needed but he is def a throw first guy.

He redshirted so if he has a huge year he would be able to come out in 2012 but if he stays 2 more years he will be #1 overall.

Roonnette
04-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Love Tyler Bray. I can't wait to follow Vols in the fall.

justdev7
04-11-2011, 10:52 PM

I love Murray but I liked zach mettenburger even more. It's too bad he couldn't keep his hands to himself. Last I heard he wad transfering to lsu

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

etsudolfan
04-12-2011, 12:54 AM
living 30 min north of Knoxville and growing up a Vols fan, I can honestly say this kid is probably the best QB we have had at Tennessee since Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he is as good as Peyton was then, but he definitely has potential. He makes good decisions and has a great arm. I also think that Peyton has been working with him some (Peyton actually stays pretty involved with TN football, especially with the QBs)

Roman529
04-12-2011, 03:24 AM
I saw Bray make some pretty nice throws to Luke Stocker. He looks like a good QB. I know everyone wants a QB this year, but we may not be able to get the guy we really want this year. We probably will need a couple of QB's with Pennington and Thigpen being close to done, so lets just hope we find a future franchise QB soon.

justdev7
04-12-2011, 06:08 AM
living 30 min north of Knoxville and growing up a Vols fan, I can honestly say this kid is probably the best QB we have had at Tennessee since Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he is as good as Peyton was then, but he definitely has potential. He makes good decisions and has a great arm. I also think that Peyton has been working with him some (Peyton actually stays pretty involved with TN football, especially with the QBs)

That's what I'm saying. He doesn't have the stats that bradford or luck had as a freshman but he has a better arm and he's more aggressive

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

beanh8er
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
This guy just went 5-30 in his spring game :loldog:

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Why are we talking about a guy who is only a true sophmore in college?

Roonnette
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
'Cause he is reckless

justdev7
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm not too worried about the spring game performance. I think having a solid freshman year is more telling than a spring game. He had a 55.8% completion percentage which is not too impressive but the 18 TDs to 10 INTs impresses me and when you watch him sling it it's hard not to be impressed.

etsudolfan
04-17-2011, 10:57 PM
This guy just went 5-30 in his spring game :loldog:

spring games mean jack $@#!

beanh8er
04-17-2011, 11:39 PM
spring games mean jack $@#!

It's an equivalent to a preseason game but when you go 5-30 something is wrong.