PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Panthers Trade

Zeous
04-11-2011, 08:47 PM
If the panthers are selecting Newton with the first pick.... what about giving them our first round pick for Clausen and the first pick of the second round.

They would get their QB they want and a pretty sweet pick at 15.

We would get competition/ replacement for Henne and the first pick of the second round.

Show Me Your TDs
04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
They don't own the first pick of the second round. They traded it to NE during the last draft.

Zeous
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
well, i guess that makes it very hypothetical then. lol

fgrocker
04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
and....just no. Clausen sucks, is worse than Henne, will never be a decent starting QB in the NFL. Dude threw 3 TD in like 12 games last year.

jlfin
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
If the panthers are selecting Newton with the first pick.... what about giving them our first round pick for Clausen and the first pick of the second round.

They would get their QB they want and a pretty sweet pick at 15.

We would get competition/ replacement for Henne and the first pick of the second round.

I'm not a Henne apologist, but for crying out loud, some of you act as if he's the worst starting QB in NFL history. Clausen isn't as good as Henne so I don't believe he would be much competition. You would be willing to give up the 15th overall pick for a trade involving Clausen? Is your post even remotely serious?

sinPHIN
04-11-2011, 11:15 PM
clausen is horrible!!!

Fintastic2124
04-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Clausen looks like he's 12. Oh yeah....and he sucks.

JCane
04-12-2011, 02:11 AM
:lol:

tylerdolphin
04-12-2011, 02:23 AM
That 58.4 QB rating he compiled last year was pretty impressive.

Roman529
04-12-2011, 02:59 AM
If Clausen was any good why would they be going after Newton or Gabbert with the FIRST pick??????????

MRojas4
04-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow...did someone actually suggest we trade for Clausen?

Pass the dutchy pon' the left hand side, cuz it must be good.
:ricky::ricky::ricky::rastanana:rastanana:rastanana

Kdawg954
04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I like Henne, more than many on this site . . . but geez you would swear even with all the injuries on the OLine and Dan Henning calling plays and the conservative nature of the team, that any old scrub QB would have gotten us to the Super Bowl last season . . . . we just weren't that good, and that goes from Henne to the entire offensive unit. All of these scrub QB's and the majority of the big name ones wasn't going to change that . . . and no rookie is going to change that if we don't get a better playcaller and a healthier OLine.

Face it, Henne is a king when it comes to options at QB for the Dolphins, and there is just no getting around that this year without sellling your future for a guy who may not even be a better option. Now we can draft a rookie and maybe catch lightning in the bottle, but even then expect Henne to start the season.

Jimmy Clausen? I mean the Panthers are going to pass up on Patrick Peterson, AJ Green or Marcel Dareus just to find a guy to replace Clausen . . . why on earth would we want him? I think he is getting a horrible rap for last season, but he IMO is not an upgrade to Chad Henne.