PDA

View Full Version : Read it and weep haters: twitter update for fins @ 15

enduro
04-11-2011, 10:02 PM
like I said: lol....

OmarKelly (http://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly) Omar Kelly

Received the gas face from two people in the know when I mentioned Mike Pouncey at No. 15. Either means he's in play for Phins or NOT.

7 hours ago (http://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/status/57508853478203392) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

footsteps_falco
04-11-2011, 10:07 PM
1. omar kelly.

2. it says the pick either is or isn't pouncey.

no knock on you i know everyone hates your "inside source" posts. doesn't really phase me either way, but this tweet or whatever doesn't confirm anything or really settle anything just says pick is or isn't (insert name)

flynryan15
04-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Please tell me you can do better the Omar? The homeless guy Parcells bought his papers from is a better source!

footsteps_falco
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
i wouldn't have a problem with pouncey it's just if you're not taking a QB, wouldn't ingram be the most productive/biggest contributor on the field for us? i get that we need a good guard but.... ingram

Phinatic8u
04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
:lol:

There you go again.

:bobdole:

Geforce
04-11-2011, 10:13 PM
i wouldn't have a problem with pouncey it's just if you're not taking a QB, wouldn't ingram be the most productive/biggest contributor on the field for us? i get that we need a good guard but.... ingram

Even Ingram will need some semblence of blocking to be successful. Also if reports of Ingram having some kind degenerative knee problem is true...how effective in the long run will he be?

Aqua and Orange
04-11-2011, 10:14 PM
What the hell is "the gas face"? Moronic, Omar.

TKAllDay
04-11-2011, 10:17 PM
How does Omar have a job? Im not trying to be a critic. Trust me its much easier to agree with the guy. But for real everyone hates him and for good reason

Valandui
04-11-2011, 10:24 PM
What the hell is "the gas face"? Moronic, Omar.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

yardlaw
The Mighty Omar has spoken. "So let it be written, so let it be done." :chuckle:

Gonzo
Either means he's in play for Phins or NOT.This statement is either retarded or RE-****ING-TARDED.

Adam First
04-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Omar Kelly is an idiot. I don't think there's any other way to explain it.

Valandui
04-11-2011, 10:27 PM
The Mighty Omar has spoken. "So let it be written, so let it be done." :chuckle:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/yul_brynner_in_the_ten_commandments_film-1.jpg

X-Pacolypse
04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't know who sucks more. The OP, or Omar.

Clipse
04-11-2011, 10:31 PM
This statement is either retarded or RE-****ING-TARDED.

Pretty much.

CANDolphan
04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Nobody knows who Miami is drafting. If someone falls, they will get them. If someone offers a good trade down offer, they will take that.

NCFINFAN13
04-12-2011, 12:47 AM
My sources say Pouncey is the top OL on the our board and will be the pick only if we trade down. Everyone concurs that 15 is too high for a guard and they'll be looking for a game changer at that spot.

MadDog 88
04-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Omar's reporting has regressed worse then Henne's play.

CANDolphan
04-12-2011, 03:29 AM
My sources say Pouncey is the top OL on the our board and will be the pick only if we trade down. Everyone concurs that 15 is too high for a guard and they'll be looking for a game changer at that spot.

What is your source? Common sense?

BlueFin
04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Well that was enlightening, he is either in play or he is not, we will either pick him or we won't.

That clears the picture up completely, there can be no doubt now they will draft somebody.

Kdawg954
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Pouncey is very much in play . . . I don't think anybody has denied that . . . we are kind of in no mans land at 15 . . . so filling a big hole could be the plan. Pouncey would be an excellent LG on this OLine.

I don't think an interior G/C is worthy of the top 15 . . . but if there are no QBs on the board Miami likes and Ingram has longterm injury concerns . . . Pouncey sticks out as a guy who fills a big need and I wouldn't be upset with the selection.

NCFINFAN13
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
What is your source? Common sense?

Damn it! You nailed it right out of the gate. :up:

ChambersWI
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
whether it's Pouncey or not, that is NOT inside information.

I can tell you that Patrick Peterson will either be a fin or he won't be and it's basically the same as that tweet.

tylerdolphin
04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Jesus Christ I ****ing hate twitter.

ckparrothead
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
At least lately Omar Kelly seems to show an understanding that the Dolphins are just as likely to be lying to him as not.

It's better than before whenever he would say something and then fans would disagree with him, he'd start in on "If you KNEW what I did, you wouldn't say that" stuff.

hooshoops
04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
if pounceys the target trade down to like #20 and take the chance on him being there still...no way i'd take him at #15 unless i was stuck...even then its too high

vaneasy2338
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
If we do take Pouncey, I might punch a baby. God forbid we actually get a playmaker at a skill position with a top 15 pick... The sad thing is is that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do take him.

hooshoops
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
If we do take Pouncey, I might punch a baby. Gor forbid we actually get a playmaker at a skill position with a top 15 pick... The sad thing is is that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do take him.

this front office doesn't know what the words "playmaker in the draft" mean...

greasyObnoxious
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
If we do take Pouncey, I might punch a baby. Gor forbid we actually get a playmaker at a skill position with a top 15 pick... The sad thing is is that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do take him.

Gabe Carimi, Mike Pouncey, J.J. Watt or Cameron Jordan. take your pick haha

enduro
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
If we do take Pouncey, I might punch a baby. God forbid we actually get a playmaker at a skill position with a top 15 pick... The sad thing is is that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do take him.

the problem is there will be no playmaker available at 15. This draft is not as good as last years. If you mock it out you gotta play the hand your dealt. Some of these guys you people think will be available at 15 is crazy. There are other players miami are targeting but they won't be a target when they are already taken. Pouncy is the primary because he is the most likely available target after all the mock drafts and senarios have played out this month. Sure things change if a top 10 drops but things seem to play out pouncy to miami. Jeff is working on trading down and still grabbing him. but that is all guess work also. There has been some scuttlebutt about moving just one, two or three spots for an extra 4 or 3 also. it's an on going process.

hooshoops
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
the problem is there will be no playmaker available at 15. This draft is not as good as last years. If you mock it out you gotta play the hand your dealt. Some of these guys you people think will be available at 15 is crazy. There are other players miami are targeting but they won't be a target when they are already taken. Pouncy is the primary because he is the most likely available target after all the mock drafts and senarios have played out this month. Sure things change if a top 10 drops but things seem to play out pouncy to miami. Jeff is working on trading down and still grabbing him. but that is all guess work also. There has been some scuttlebutt about moving just one, two or three spots for an extra 4 or 3 also. it's an on going process.

that excuse may float on some parts of this forum but its not floating here...there's plenty of playmakers in this draft

ckparrothead
04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
So the Dolphins are of the opinion that Ryan Mallett will not be available at #15?

oodolphins
04-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Nobody knows who Miami is drafting. If someone falls, they will get them. If someone offers a good trade down offer, they will take that.

I totally agree with you. :hclap:

vaneasy2338
04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
So the Dolphins are of the opinion that Ryan Mallett will not be available at #15?That brings me to a question... why in the hell are people taking about Mallett dropping to the 2nd? Still nothing has been confirmed or denied about the drug rumors. You could make a valid arguement that Mallett is the quarterback in the draft. No way he drops to the 2nd unless heavy drug usage has been confirmed behind the scenes.

enduro
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
that excuse may float on some parts of this forum but its not floating here...there's plenty of playmakers in this draft

not in the 15th pick of the 1st round. based on the mocks of who is going where and who could fall.

enduro
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
So the Dolphins are of the opinion that Ryan Mallett will not be available at #15?

he will be there at 15 unless some desperate team really reaches. the only way we would look at mallett was if we dropped way down from 15 and someone stole pouncey.

hooshoops
04-12-2011, 02:38 PM
not in the 15th pick of the 1st round. based on the mocks of who is going where and who could fall.

and jeff ireland is basing his decision on who to take based on mock drafts??? we're in more trouble than i thought

enduro
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
That brings me to a question... why in the hell are people taking about Mallett dropping to the 2nd? Still nothing has been confirmed or denied about the drug rumors. You could make a valid arguement that Mallett is the quarterback in the draft. No way he drops to the 2nd unless heavy drug usage has been confirmed behind the scenes.

i see a team dropping down to the bottom of the first or jumping up to the bottom of the first to reach for mallett. much like tebow.

enduro
04-12-2011, 02:41 PM
and jeff ireland is basing his decision on who to take based on mock drafts??? we're in more trouble than i thought

internal mocks. lol...not walterfootball or todd mcshay. lol... we would be in trouble then. they have been busy.

hooshoops
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
i see a team dropping down to the bottom of the first or jumping up to the bottom of the first to reach for mallett. much like tebow.

so your saying right now that miami has decided that mallett's not for them???

BlueFin
04-12-2011, 06:30 PM

I don't see the correlation there at all, Tebow had major accuracy and mechanics question marks.

CANDolphan
04-13-2011, 04:35 AM
internal mocks. lol...not walterfootball or todd mcshay. lol... we would be in trouble then. they have been busy.

Now I know you're lying. Not many teams have "internal mocks". They have big boards. That's it. I know for a fact Miami's Jeff Ireland grades on a tier system. He has specific players at specific tiers, and those tiers are what he runs off of. Sadly, Miami isn't a front office that sees a Pro Bowl TE and thinks "gotta have him". They see a pro bowl TE vs a guard they believe will be a solid starter and they go with him, simply because the position is of more value. (This is a terrible example, I have no idea if they value TE as much, basically it is whatever positions are valued the highest going into the draft)

You kinda blew yourself out of the water. I have a "source" (who works for NBC sports, now works for NFL Network) and I can tell you right now, I won't know a goddamn thing until draft day, just like last year when he called me to tell me Miami was trading down with Philly (which turned out to be San Diego because San Diego offered more than Philly, which prompted Philly then trade to #13 with San Fran.)

JFoxx
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
"Gas face"?!?!?! You got to love how creative Omar is getting now on his possible predictions on faces his "sources" make when he throws out faces at him. Unless his "sources" either are Ireland or Tony himself, I think he's mistaking a give-away as plain gas. They probably have 10-20 different scenarios depending on who's there or not, including both trading up and trading down. Pouncey might make an excellent pick if we trade down, but not at #15 (especially with this FO). They are under tremendous pressure to find play-makers NOW, as their jobs are literally on the line. A good OL with no play-makers, still spells .500 and a fast-train out of Miami for both the GM and Coach.

enduro
04-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Now I know you're lying. Not many teams have "internal mocks". They have big boards. That's it. I know for a fact Miami's Jeff Ireland grades on a tier system. He has specific players at specific tiers, and those tiers are what he runs off of. Sadly, Miami isn't a front office that sees a Pro Bowl TE and thinks "gotta have him". They see a pro bowl TE vs a guard they believe will be a solid starter and they go with him, simply because the position is of more value. (This is a terrible example, I have no idea if they value TE as much, basically it is whatever positions are valued the highest going into the draft)

You kinda blew yourself out of the water. I have a "source" (who works for NBC sports, now works for NFL Network) and I can tell you right now, I won't know a goddamn thing until draft day, just like last year when he called me to tell me Miami was trading down with Philly (which turned out to be San Diego because San Diego offered more than Philly, which prompted Philly then trade to #13 with San Fran.)

you are absolutely correct about the format and the setup. internal mocks have been done to explore possible senerios with trade down etc. better talk to your source again. lol.. the big man is not running the show anymore

Valandui
04-13-2011, 12:54 PM
"Gas face"?!?!?! You got to love how creative Omar is getting now on his possible predictions on faces his "sources" make when he throws out faces at him. Unless his "sources" either are Ireland or Tony himself, I think he's mistaking a give-away as plain gas. They probably have 10-20 different scenarios depending on who's there or not, including both trading up and trading down. Pouncey might make an excellent pick if we trade down, but not at #15 (especially with this FO). They are under tremendous pressure to find play-makers NOW, as their jobs are literally on the line. A good OL with no play-makers, still spells .500 and a fast-train out of Miami for both the GM and Coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYp28tEAVvs

Omar Kelly gets the gas face.

Nublar7
04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Trade down? The other day you said Jeff was worried about Pouncey going in the top ten and was looking to trade up. Which is it? lol Your fake source can't even keep their story together.

CANDolphan
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
you are absolutely correct about the format and the setup. internal mocks have been done to explore possible senerios with trade down etc. better talk to your source again. lol.. the big man is not running the show anymore

Jeff Ireland isn't running the show anymore? Did I miss something?

You honestly don't have a source. You know absolutely nothing and are creating vague and pointless predictions that are so open ended that it's literally impossible for you to be wrong when draft time comes around. If anything comes up early, I'll know it, and I'll PM you immediately with 3 scenarios. 2 fake ones, and 1 real one. You tell me which is the real one and we will go from there. This of course assumes you'll be here within 12 hours of the draft, that's typically when I'm given anything if anything at all.

You said internal mock draft, and are now switching it to an internal mock. They have scenarios which involve trading down and trading up, depending on the value which is received, all which is based off their tier system. There are point values assessed to each of those tiers, and the pick range which they feel comfortable moving on those tiers. Say a tier 2 guy (mid first to top of the 2nd) is available coming up at the middle of the 3rd round, and we find ourselves wanting to trade up. We move up at a slight disadvantage for pick #71 (just an example) in terms of draft value points (I'm sure you've seen the draft value chart) but that doesn't matter because we are still getting a better value, based on the tier 2 value at his position and ability

This is getting supremely frustrating that you're sticking to such an obviously flawed and fabricated tale. Just stop. It doesn't help, it's simple misinformation and it's honestly unfair to mislead people on this message board simply so you feel some sort of need to be desired.

enduro
04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Trade down? The other day you said Jeff was worried about Pouncey going in the top ten and was looking to trade up. Which is it? lol Your fake source can't even keep their story together.

i cant list there whole draft board here or i will be in trouble.

Kdawg954
04-14-2011, 10:41 AM
:lol:

TheBow305
04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
We're not taking Pouncey.

Nublar7
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM
i cant list there whole draft board here or i will be in trouble.Yeah, but proclaiming the #1 pick won't? lol

Pouncey is definitely an option for the Dolphins, but nothing is guaranteed or set in stone. The only people who have a real good idea on what will happen are Ireland and Sparano. Most of the scouts probably don't even know which way the team will go. Even if you were close friends with Ireland, which I highly doubt, there is no way he would spill all his draft plans to you. Heck, his wife probably doesn't even know his exact plans.

Let's say you are friends with him and that he did tell you this information. I am 99.9999% sure he would lie to you and sell you bull.

It is one thing to say that the Dolphins are leaning that way and another to be arrogant and declare something as fact when it is not.