PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins face long odds to draft quality QB

Skree
04-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Who is this quality reporter ? /sarcasm off

HINT * who is missing ? *

Thing is, though, the Dolphins are in a tricky spot. Top quarterback prospect Blaine Gabbert — who could go No. 1 overall — will long be off the board when Miami’s 15th pick rolls around. Cam Newton, generally regarded as the second-best quarterback prospect, is likely to be off the board, as well.

So that, of course, leaves options like Florida State’s Christian Ponder (who I think can be a very solid NFL quarterback if he can avoid injury – stay tuned for a post with more detail on that), TCU’s Andy Dalton, Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick and Washington’s Jake Locker.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/04/miami-dolphins-face-long-odds-to-draft-quality-qb-%E2%80%93-at-least-according-to-nfl-draft-history.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29 (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/04/miami-dolphins-face-long-odds-to-draft-quality-qb-%E2%80%93-at-least-according-to-nfl-draft-history.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+%7C+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29)

allsilverdreams
04-12-2011, 08:21 AM
dont think we grab any of those top end guys this year .i think we roll the dice with henne and we waste another pick away in next years draft to pick up orton or we take mcnabb or young for insurance and to please the fans and owner as well

Skree
04-12-2011, 08:23 AM
You missed the point.

It's about the writer.

allsilverdreams
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
if we shore up the o line get ourself a speedy WR and a TE early in the draft we just may be ok with henne.now im a big time supporter in making this team better through FA or even trade but i think if we can get lucky this year with the new offensive cord. we just may be ok.

insomnia411
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
I like Henne a lot but I think he needs competition in the form of a vet or a relatively high draft pick. I'd take Orton, Mcnabb, Locker, Mallet or Capernick... I guess Dalton too, Ponder is too injury prone.

Vaark
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM
That guy needs to be hit over the head with a mallet

Skree
04-12-2011, 08:38 AM
That guy needs to be hit over the head with a malletThank you for getting it.

Guys the writer missed Mallet.

Read the comments under the article for crystal clarification.

Skree
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
OK so the author says he left Mallet off intentionally because:

Andrew Carter
Leaving Mallett out of the discussion wasn’t a mistake. I’m well aware there is a segment of Dolphins fans — and fans of other teams, too — interested in the guy. If you’re judging a QB prospect solely on arm strength then yeah, he’s impressive. When you factor in everything else that a successful NFL QB needs — decision-making ability, intelligence, vision, leadership quality, etc. — then it’s obvious why his stock has dropped. He impressed absolutely no one with his performance at the combine.There you have it. We must just forget about Mallet.

Andy says

LANGER72
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
The guy has an agenda against Mallet. Anyone with eyes can see the guy has a gifted arm and great down field vision. The problem with Mallet though is his mobility, errant passes when under pressure. I am not worried about the so-called character issues.

Wildbill3
04-12-2011, 03:57 PM
and this is why you draft a qb every year, and never draft a project qb like pat white.

Finfanohio
04-12-2011, 04:10 PM
The guy has an agenda against Mallet. Anyone with eyes can see the guy has a gifted arm and great down field vision. The problem with Mallet though is his mobility, errant passes when under pressure. I am not worried about the so-called character issues.

I didn't watch any other games of Mallet, but from watching the game against Ohio State, I don't understand why people think he sucks under pressure. Watch that game and see Heyward terrorizing mallet all game and he is still putting throws right on the money. Then watch his recievers dropping balls that hit them in the hands. Maybe that was a fluke game, but it was a huge game. He did that in a bowl game. I'm an OSU fan, and after watching that game, I wanted us to draft Mallet as our next QB

Aqua and Orange
04-12-2011, 04:56 PM
OK so the author says he left Mallet off intentionally because:

Andrew Carter
Leaving Mallett out of the discussion wasn’t a mistake. I’m well aware there is a segment of Dolphins fans — and fans of other teams, too — interested in the guy. If you’re judging a QB prospect solely on arm strength then yeah, he’s impressive. When you factor in everything else that a successful NFL QB needs — decision-making ability, intelligence, vision, leadership quality, etc. — then it’s obvious why his stock has dropped. He impressed absolutely no one with his performance at the combine.

Ryan Mallett has impressed no one...which of course is why several teams in the top 15 have been bringing him in for private workouts, meetings, and have been combing through everything on him to make sure they are making a smart move by selecting him.

Ray Charles just called Omar Kelly blind on that one.

KTDolphins
04-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Really can't wait for the draft to get here, that way we can put this QB debate behind us.

X-Pacolypse
04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Really can't wait for the draft to get here, that way we can put this QB debate behind us.

Who says it still won't be here after the Draft?