PDA

View Full Version : New Idea

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Well guys, me and 984 were talking and we want a change. We feel the system does not really work now, and the games do not really stand for something. So we were talking and came up with an idea. How about a League with two divisions. I know there are 9 teams, but T Scrible is yet to play online vs any of us and he is never on. So we do this, 2 groups of 4 teams each. You play each team in your division twice (once your home, once your away) and once vs every team in the other division. Division Leaders get home in the playoffs. Now here comes a part where we did not decide. For Example, Do the AFC Division leaders play the AFC Wild Card or would you like to mix it up and have them play the NFC Wild Card and have NFC Division leader play AFC Wild Card? Then we have a SB...best record is home...but we decide before season what stadium it will be held in. Then winner of that is SB champ. If we enjoy this we continue having more seasons, If not we scratch it like the XFL and think of something else. These are the divisions me and 984 thought of

Division 1
1. Bazy
2. Terry Tate
3. Prime Time
4. Ice Blizzard

Division 2
1. Preda
2. 984
3. Show Time
4. Mee

Divisions are pretty fair, and probably the fairest they can get. Now...all we need is for you guys to vote yes on this. This is the proposed idea...so how about it? Once we find out whether we want this or not (If we want it) we make the schedule. So how about it?

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 05:20 PM
I vote Yes.

Predaphin
01-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Count me in......Who will be in charge of everything??/ (i.e. times, schedules, standings, rules)

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I like the idea that we would have the same total of wins and losses.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 05:37 PM
If Baz wouldn't want to do it, I could do it...I could also help Baz if he wants me too. :)

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Predaphin34
Count me in......Who will be in charge of everything??/ (i.e. times, schedules, standings, rules)

I could do it as long as I could get help from another member or two. I would do the majority of the work. I am looking forward to this, all we need is two more votes and this thing goes through. We have 3 votes for Yes.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 05:40 PM
The main thing with this is everyone would have to be active.

Also putting your stats for the game would be cool. :)

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
The main thing with this is everyone would have to be active.

Also putting your stats for the game would be cool. :)

Yeah and at the end of year we could vote for MVP, Defensive MVP. And have league leaders in Sacks, Tackles, Recieving Ydsm Rsuhing Yds, Passing Yds. etc. etc.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Yeah...but then wouldn't we have to pick a team that we stay with?

I know you like the Vikes and the Fins...while I just play with the Fins.

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Yeah...but then wouldn't we have to pick a team that we stay with?

I know you like the Vikes and the Fins...while I just play with the Fins.

True. Well we could do one of two things. Have everyone pick a select team and do a random drawing for the Fins. I mean If you are good you are good, If you're not you're not.

OR

We could have everyone just pick a team...ANY TEAM..and have multiple Dolphins, but at end of the year when we write like MVP and such we could say

MVP
RB Ricky Williams
(Stats)
Predaphin's Dolphins

Put player and team there ^^^

Predaphin
01-01-2004, 06:00 PM
yeah, I have lots of questions......

1. Are we gonna pick diffrent teams??? or are we gonna have like 3 or 4 dolphin teams?? I suggest we play with diffrent teams and make a raffle to see who gets the Fins....Dont you guys think itd be alot funner??

2. Are we gonna limit cheesing?? I myself must admit am a big cheeser (if you wanna call it that) but thats the way I run my system...I can live playing without cheesing, if everyone else co-ops with it....If we dont, its cool, Ive always thought its better when anything goes.....just make the rules clear for everybody.

3. Punts? Are we gonna punt on 4th & (whatever)???...Ive seen some online leagues who enforce this rule to some degree....not sure if you guys wanna do this or if its getting to strict.

I will edit this post if I come up on anymore questions

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 06:03 PM
yeah, I have lots of questions......

1. Are we gonna pick diffrent teams??? or are we gonna have like 3 or 4 dolphin teams?? I suggest we play with diffrent teams and make a raffle to see who gets the Fins....Dont you guys think itd be alot funner??

2. Are we gonna limit cheesing?? I myself must admit am a big cheeser (if you wanna call it that) but thats the way I run my system...I can live playing without cheesing, if everybody can co-op with it....If we dont its cool as well.....just make the rules clear for everybody.

We are yet to decide on # 1. When we know If we are doing this, then we will have a thread asking whether to all have diff teams or have like 5 Dolphins teams.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I think we should vote on the first question...I think we should do a raffle for position of who they want for their team.

iceblizzard69
01-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't like the idea. I just play people whenever I feel like it and with this it seems like you have to play people. The way we do it now you just play whoever is on, with this you would have to arrange times to play people, etc.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 06:07 PM
You can still play whomever you want, it's just that these games would be in more of a competitive nature...and this way someone can't just go 1-0 and stay #1 forever. :P

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't like the idea. I just play people whenever I feel like it and with this it seems like you have to play people. The way we do it now you just play whoever is on, with this you would have to arrange times to play people, etc.

That would take 5 mins max to find out when you guys coud play. The way we have it now isn't that fun, becuase games are meaningless. They stand for nothing. This way we could have upsets that mean something. Let's say you upset me...I miss playoffs because of that one loss. All games mean something. If you beat me in the way we have been doing It, I say oh well. and you can always play people from FH whenever you want, it just won't count for this.

Predaphin
01-01-2004, 06:11 PM
yeah, itd be what you call an online Madden league....and of course, we can always work around peoples schedule just as long as the weekly game gets played before the week ends.....assuming we play once a week.

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 06:11 PM
You can still play whomever you want, it's just that these games would be in more of a competitive nature...and this way someone can't just go 1-0 and stay #1 forever. :P

Point exactly. Some people play more games than others and some are all the way at the top having played alot less games. This way, we would know who is #1 and everyone will have had the same opportunities. This is really just a competitive type thing we created.

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
yeah, itd be what you call an online Madden league....and of course, we can always work around peoples schedule just as long as the weekly game gets played before the week ends.....assuming we play once a week.

Exactly. Damn, all of a sudden everyone has turned into Vince McMahon in here :lol:

Predaphin
01-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Heres an example of what an officiall madden online league looks like.....these guys record every stat.....

http://www.madden04.com/hosted1/web_pages/Spiguy/league.html

and these are their officall rules===>http://www.madden04.com/hosted1/web_pages/Spiguy/rules.html

this is just ONE of many leagues out there.....Ive always wanted to join one, but always get managed to get beat to the punch for my fins.

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 06:21 PM
That is awesome. I don't think we will be going into that detail. I think we will just be playing more for the competitive nature it brings, instead of making it fancy with that kind of stuff. We will have that stuff but not as much of it and not as extravaggant.

Predaphin
01-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah they definetly try to make it as realistic as possible.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 06:49 PM
So that is 3 yes and 1 no?

Predaphin
01-01-2004, 06:52 PM
like I said count me in.

Dolfan984
01-01-2004, 06:57 PM
I counted you. :P

:)

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 06:58 PM
We are waiting on votes from...

Baz, Show Time, Mee, and Terry Tate.

TerryTate
01-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I vote no....

I dont know what my schedule will be, therefore I wont be able to make it onto the PS2 at a definite time to play games. The PS2 isnt even mine, its my roommate, so I gotta get permission from him to play and such, and if he's doing something in his room (i.e. studying, sleeping, masterbating, or having sex) I obviously wont be able to play...and what if other people eventually join up?

Its a good idea, but I am gonna be swamped this coming semester...

Sorry man...

Prime Time
01-01-2004, 09:28 PM
3 Yes and 2 Nos.

Not good...

TerryTate
01-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Baz has yet to vote....not looking good for you prime time chump :D

Prime Time
01-02-2004, 02:02 AM
I know. This looks like it will pretty much fall through unless 2 out of the following 3 guys agree to it. Show Time, Baz, and Mee. I have to call ST to tell him to post what he wants on here. But you are right, It doesn't look good. It looks like it will fall through. It is a shame though, because this is a better way to play, makes every game count.

mee
01-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh, I'd definitely do this! I really wanna play in an online Madden league. But I think we should keep it to one mandatory game a week. I am getting ready to move into a new "fixer-uper" house which will require me spending ALOT of my time working.

But what better a break then to play a game of Madden! :D Plus I just bought a new 55" widescreen TV ... I can't wait to see how Madden is gonna look on it with the widesreen enabled! Perhaps I'll finally break my losing streak.

PS: My best friend may be interested in this as well .. lemme know if I should ask him. Possible motivation for playing him: he's a HUGE Jests fan!

Prime Time
01-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by mee
Oh, I'd definitely do this! I really wanna play in an online Madden league. But I think we should keep it to one mandatory game a week. I am getting ready to move into a new "fixer-uper" house which will require me spending ALOT of my time working.

But what better a break then to play a game of Madden! :D Plus I just bought a new 55" widescreen TV ... I can't wait to see how Madden is gonna look on it with the widesreen enabled! Perhaps I'll finally break my losing streak.

PS: My best friend may be interested in this as well .. lemme know if I should ask him. Possible motivation for playing him: he's a HUGE Jests fan!

Awesome!! Yeah that is the way we are going to keep it...one game a week. That way the season last longer and we enjoy it more. You can still always play games against other FHers just for fun. One more Yes and we accept.

Baz
01-02-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm down for this. We should wait to do this until after I'm done moving and I get my internet up in my new place. Once that happens, you will all bow before me, the Superbowl Champ......:D

Baz
01-02-2004, 01:44 PM
If Baz wouldn't want to do it, I could do it...I could also help Baz if he wants me too. :)

I have no problem setting this up, but I would probably need your help for the stats, reankings, etc......

Prime Time
01-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Bazinet37
I'm down for this. We should wait to do this until after I'm done moving and I get my internet up in my new place. Once that happens, you will all bow before me, the Superbowl Champ......:D

Awesome so we are doing it!!! Excellent!!!! Ill ask SHow Time to start posting around here more. He was going to, but for some reason It would not let him post. How long until you are done moving Bazy? BTW, you are in my division....so that is two losses for you right there.

Prime Time
01-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Bazinet37

I have no problem setting this up, but I would probably need your help for the stats, reankings, etc......

I would also like to be a part of doing stat, power rankings, etc. etc.

Dolfan984
01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
How long is it going to be to till you get your internet set up at your place Baz?

Lets get as many people as possible before we set it up. I know someone who can set it up.

If we could get 16 total people we could do it like an NFL conference.

4 divisions of 4 teams.

4 division winners placed based on record/tiebreakers

2 wildcards with NFL rules.

The thing is, you don't have to set an exact time, you just need to play by the week.

If you miss a week, just try and make it up asap, as long as it's played eventually, it should be all good.

breckenridge55
01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
I would like to jump in it if you find someone to take a 10th spot so its even, please please please please, I'm 11-5 with the Detroit Lions in my other league, so when I get to play wiht a real team, you are all GOING DOWN! Bwa ha ha ha

Prime Time
01-02-2004, 03:34 PM
How long is it going to be to till you get your internet set up at your place Baz?

Lets get as many people as possible before we set it up. I know someone who can set it up.

If we could get 16 total people we could do it like an NFL conference.

4 divisions of 4 teams.

4 division winners placed based on record/tiebreakers

2 wildcards with NFL rules.

The thing is, you don't have to set an exact time, you just need to play by the week.

If you miss a week, just try and make it up asap, as long as it's played eventually, it should be all good.

I will have to disagree here. This makes it alot more complicated. If we start getting gamers who we know nothing about, it makes this league difficult. They could very well be inactive and then that would ruin the league. I say keep it the way it is with 8 teams, because we all can contact each other in some way, shape, or form, and we all are active. We can always have expansion teams and expand. I say keep it the same.

mee
01-02-2004, 03:48 PM
I think 16 teams would be cool, but I share PTs concern about diluting the league. Put me down as a maybe for 16. Maybe we should do it like the mafia. You have to "vouch" for someone for them to get in. :)

Yo Breck, what's the latest work on Ell? Is he gonna play tonight?

Predaphin
01-02-2004, 04:19 PM
I would like to play in a 16 team league.....I figure the more the better.....If you guys change your mind and decide to change it to 16, I got a freind who wants in....

if we dont have enough to complete it, we can go recruit some Barfallo fans from their Forums to see if they wanna join.....Id like nothing more than smashing bills fans too!:lol:

but thats all up to you guys if you wannna go that deep....ALSO, keep in mind, that the less teams there is, the quicker the season will end and the less teams we will have in the playoffs.....In other words it would be a 4 team playoff scenario.....No Wildcards, or nothing.....

By the way, we should get permission to post an.... "OFFICIAL" Finheaven Madden Online League signup thread .....at the main forum that way we can let more people see whats going on.....

Baz
01-03-2004, 02:48 AM
It shouldn't be too long, I'll sign up tomorrow and see when they can install. If I need to, I think I can go to my girlfriend's house and use her connection......