PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Cameron to visit Dolphins

FinAtic8480
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Much like current NFL tight ends and former two-sport athletes Tony Gonzalez(notes), Antonio Gates(notes) and Jimmy Graham(notes), Jordan Cameron is hoping his basketball skills crossover to the gridiron.

The Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be thinking the same thing, as both teams are set to host Cameron later this week, per a source close to the former USC tight end.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110413_jordan_cameron_to_visit_dolphins_bucs

j-off-her-doll
04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I think his athleticism translates to the TE position better than any TE prospect in the draft. I don't think he's the best player at the position, but his talent would be hard for me to pass on in the 4th.

justdev7
04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Meh....

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

greasyObnoxious
04-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Wtf! This better be one of those damn smoke screens

what's wrong with an athletic TE for a change?

j-off-her-doll
04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Meh....

??

LouPhinFan
04-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I'd say the chances of us coming away with some kind of athletic pass catching TE in the middle of the draft is 100%. They've got their hands in half a dozen of those cookie jars right now.

hooshoops
04-13-2011, 03:09 PM
i think he's more athlete than football player...

ckparrothead
04-13-2011, 06:58 PM
I like Jordan Cameron, but not as much as Julius Thomas. I think if you draft Jordan Cameron above Julius Thomas, you're making that cardinal mistake of drafting one guy over the other because of workout numbers.

I've pointed out before when talking about how I like Jordan, that if you really slap his Combine up against the wall next to Jimmy Graham's...I'll be damned if you don't take Cameron's set of numbers over Graham's.

I saw live and in person that Jordan Cameron is not just an athlete trying to be a football player. He was smooth, natural, savvy with a football...in many ways very much ahead of where Jimmy Graham was with respect to the passing game a year ago this time. So I'm pretty sure Jordan Cameron is more football player than athlete. The thing I'm NOT sure, is whether Jordan Cameron is still more Wide Receiver than Tight End. THAT is what bothers me. Because he's been part of USC's football program a few years now, it's not like Julius Thomas where he hadn't even played football in 7 years and suddenly he's starting and he's All Conference. Jordan Cameron has been training on at USC as a Wide Receiver and is a recent move to Tight End. The guy couldn't get on the field. He keeps striking me as an oversized Wide Receiver, has that same fluid grace rather than the coiled up explosiveness.

I like him, I'd take him at a certain point, probably above some guys that other people like, but I like Julius Thomas better.

justdev7
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM
what's wrong with an athletic TE for a change?

I was thinking of Cameron Jordan the DE from Cal not Jordan Cameron from USC lol. I was pretty hungover. I was wondering why the hell we were looking at a DE. Then I was thinking of Cameron Graham the TE from Louisville. I actually really like us working out Jordan Cameron. He looked really athletic at the combine. I forgot all about him.

TedSlimmJr
04-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Miami fans should be thrilled to actually have an athlete at the tight end position. Whether he's more athlete than football player is irrelevant...

I can try to make a football player out of an athlete... I can't make that 4.8 slug of a "blocker" outrun that linebacker for a first down..

I'll take a stalk blocker at this point who can provide me with the advantage of having an athletic mismatch on MY side of the football for a change, who can bust a seam and make safeties have to play me honest for 60 minutes...

ckparrothead
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I agree. I just hope that guy is D.J. Williams or Julius Thomas, before I hope it's Jordan Cameron or Rob Housler.

justdev7
04-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I agree. I just hope that guy is D.J. Williams or Julius Thomas, before I hope it's Jordan Cameron or Rob Housler.

I hope it's Julius Thomas above anyone else. I would also be okay with Virgil Green. It seems like a lot of the hype that Green got around the combine has died down so hopefully he isn't taken too soon.

I'd also be okay with Lance Kendricks but he also might be taken really early.

j-off-her-doll
04-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Dismissing numbers, Cameron moves more gracefully than any of the other TE's I saw at the combine. I want the best receiving threat at TE. I'm not saying he's that now, but I think he has the most upside in that department.

hooshoops
04-13-2011, 09:53 PM

as do i

PJack
04-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Really like Williams and Thomas but wonder how they will hold up if we continue to use TE's as we always have in the Sparano era. Think they both have the goods to do some damage, but wonder if our coaches have the sense to play to their strengths. Also like Cameron and was extremely surprised on how good Housler looked. Best of all, all of these guys have the speed to threaten the middle that we haven't seen at TE in years.

nyfinzfan
04-14-2011, 12:51 AM

It will be..this regime has no time to develop Cameron.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 12:58 AM
I also like Virgil Green a lot btw. I think it's kind of a tossup for me between D.J. Williams and Virgil Green, think I'd probably take Green above Williams.

WitheringPlant
04-14-2011, 01:11 AM
I like Jordan Cameron, but not as much as Julius Thomas. I think if you draft Jordan Cameron above Julius Thomas, you're making that cardinal mistake of drafting one guy over the other because of workout numbers.

I've pointed out before when talking about how I like Jordan, that if you really slap his Combine up against the wall next to Jimmy Graham's...I'll be damned if you don't take Cameron's set of numbers over Graham's.

I saw live and in person that Jordan Cameron is not just an athlete trying to be a football player. He was smooth, natural, savvy with a football...in many ways very much ahead of where Jimmy Graham was with respect to the passing game a year ago this time. So I'm pretty sure Jordan Cameron is more football player than athlete. The thing I'm NOT sure, is whether Jordan Cameron is still more Wide Receiver than Tight End. THAT is what bothers me. Because he's been part of USC's football program a few years now, it's not like Julius Thomas where he hadn't even played football in 7 years and suddenly he's starting and he's All Conference. Jordan Cameron has been training on at USC as a Wide Receiver and is a recent move to Tight End. The guy couldn't get on the field. He keeps striking me as an oversized Wide Receiver, has that same fluid grace rather than the coiled up explosiveness.

I like him, I'd take him at a certain point, probably above some guys that other people like, but I like Julius Thomas better.

Have you looked into Cameron's game tape much? My only memories of him during the season were looking out of place and dropping balls. His whole draft rise has been kind of a surprise to me. If anything, Ellison always seemed the capable future pro. That said, I'm not the most attentive watcher, I don't re-watch games, and USC gives their students some of the worst seats in the house, so I could easily be missing something.

TedSlimmJr
04-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Have you looked into Cameron's game tape much? My only memories of him during the season were looking out of place and dropping balls. His whole draft rise has been kind of a surprise to me. If anything, Ellison always seemed the capable future pro. That said, I'm not the most attentive watcher, I don't re-watch games, and USC gives their students some of the worst seats in the house, so I could easily be missing something.

Nope... you didn't miss anything. You're pretty spot on here...