PDA

View Full Version : Draft Ingram?

Anvil35
04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/13/report-mark-ingram-off-two-teams-boards-due-to-bad-knee/

Saw this article, and really wondered two things. A. Is Lombardi reliable? and B. Could the Dolphins be one of the teams that removed Ingram? I watched a bunch of Bama games the last couple years and was hoping he would don the aqua and orange. I still think we are going to do everything possible to recoup a second round pick...Maybe we get Ponder or Mallett/Pouncey(as a guard)/Rudolph after trading down, and Ingram with the second we pick up based upon this news...Thoughts?

hooshoops
04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
you know whats funny about that...if ingrams knee is so bad he's not on your board why did just about every team show up and watch him workout at bamas pro day

if the knee was such an issue it would have been well known prior to the bama pro day cause it would have flagged at the combine during physicals...but instead i got multiple videos of the dolphins scout on his knees with the stop watch taking notes running to be the first in line to watch ingram do work in drills...

and wouldn't ingram have been invited back to last saturdays medical recheck to get another look at the knee??? i've heard nothing that he was in indy last weekend

seems fishy

Clipse
04-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Seems fishy to me as well.

hooshoops
04-13-2011, 10:30 PM
here's a small 5 minute video i found from mcshay and kiper dated 4/11 monday where they talk mark ingram...not even a hint about a major medical red flag to be found

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6330347

PJack
04-13-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm certainly not a doctor, but I don't think it's all that hard to determine the status of an arthritic knee. Between X-rays, MRI's, range of motion and even blood tests for certain arthritic conditions, I don't think it's something you can hide from. Now how long a guy has before it becomes unmanageable to play at a high level is the question.

Problem for Ingram is that he plays a position where it could materially affect his production early and ultimately end his career. This would be the only reason why teams won't take a chance on him in round 1. Based on talent and production he's easily a top half of the 1st round guy.

NY8123
04-14-2011, 07:41 AM
What concerns me is the degenerative arthritis comment. A writer has to be very cautious about statements like that, because stating that a player who had knee surgery has a bad knee is far different then claiming a potential career threating condition.

A statement like that could cost a young player millions of dollars and open up a possible can of worms in lawsuits about slander if unsubstantiated claims are printed.