PDA

View Full Version : Mario Addison DE/OLB Troy

justdev7
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I was taking a look at some of the DE/OLB guys that are slated to go in the later rounds or undrafted and I came across this guy. He had 46 tackles this year and 11 sacks. It appears that this is the only year that he started which makes sense because Brandon Lang and Cameron Shefield were there the last couple of years. He's 6'3" adn 254LBS and he ran a 4.64 40. I haven't found the measurement on his arms but they look pretty long. He seems to use his length pretty well and he plays with a lot of strength. He doesn't look like he has the type of elite explosiveness of a guy like Jason Worilds or Cam but he definitely has some burst off the line. Check out the plays at the 5:32 and 6:05 mark in the video, they show his strength and burst off the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7AnorXXJlk

Maybe a guy that could help out our pass rush, maybe not. It's nice to get some new names out there though.

And apparently we were at a workout he had.

justdev7
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Has anyone heard how Chris mccoy is doing. I heard he was on the practice squad but that's all I've heard

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

DKphin
04-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I believe he was on the PS and is currently playing for the Steelers. You know what this means? He probably go on to make multiple Pro Bowls.

justdev7
04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
I believe he was on the PS and is currently playing for the Steelers. You know what this means? He probably go on to make multiple Pro Bowls.

If there's one thing the Steelers can do It's find great 3-4 linebackers, oh yeah and win Superbowls

justdev7
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Correction, he ran a 4.58 at Troy's pro day

justdev7
04-25-2011, 12:14 AM
I've noticed quite a few mocks with us taking Mario in the seventh round and I think it could be a great pick. A lot of successful 3-4 OLBs are drafted in the late rounds. As a situational pass rusher he would hopefully get a chance to develop (like Chris mccoy should have)

Roonnette
04-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Has nice get off. I like.