PDA

View Full Version : Fairley missed meeting with Fins

FinAtic8480
04-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Nick Fairley has fallen all the way to No. 8 in our latest CBSSports.com mock drafts, and, based on the reports that emerged Wednesday about his inability to be on time, there's a good chance he could fall further as the draft approaches.

According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, Fairley "skipped a scheduled dinner with Dolphins coach Tony Sparano and GM Jeff Ireland in Alabama."

And Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Fairley missed his flight to Indianapolis for the NFL combine, missed a meeting with a team in Indy and was also late to a team meeting at Auburn's Pro Day

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/28517270?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001

BobDole
04-13-2011, 11:56 PM
good. a 4-3 DT isn't exactly high up on our priority list.

JCane
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
good. a 4-3 DT isn't exactly high up on our priority list.

And this is bad news considering how incompetent this front office is. Fairley falls down the draft board, tremendous talent, bargain pick at #15....

Take him!

:bobdole:

BobDole
04-14-2011, 12:12 AM
And this is bad news considering how incompetent this front office is. Fairley falls down the draft board, tremendous talent, bargain pick at #15....

Take him!

:bobdole:

we are pretty thin on the d-line ...

:lol:

Spesh
04-14-2011, 12:13 AM
At one point in time this guy was really being looked at for the number 1 pick. Way to convince teams you are a reliable and motivated Nick.

datruth55
04-14-2011, 10:05 AM
He's as bad as Haynesworth and he's not even getting paid yet. Wait till he gets that first paycheck.

greasyObnoxious
04-14-2011, 10:07 AM
we are pretty thin on the d-line ...

:lol:

"thin" is probably not the right word to describe Paul Soliai haha

Kdawg954
04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
I wonder why we are even meeting him?

Skree
04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I wonder why we are even meeting him?That's a good question cuz imho he plays a bit high and in the NFL I'm thinking he winds up on the ground too much. I don't know enough about evaluation or coaching to know if you can train knee-bend at these levels.

Even if you could when players get a little tired.....

BAMAPHIN 22
04-14-2011, 11:36 AM
The latest reports circulating about Fairley won’t do anything to help his case. According to Aaron Wilson of The National Football Post, Fairley “skipped a scheduled dinner with Dolphins coach Tony Sparano and GM Jeff Ireland in Alabama.”

Insert the obligatory how-could-a-defensive-tackle-skip-dinner joke here.
Jokes aside, though, this is no laughing matter for Fairley, whose stock seems to be at an all-time low. That said, about a month ago it seemed incredibly unlikely that there’d be any chance Fairley would be around when the Dolphins pick at No. 15. But the more his stock slides …

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/04/auburn-dt-nick-fairley-reportedly-blows-off-meeting-with-dolphins.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+%7C+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 11:38 AM
This guy missed a free meal?

Something is up.

tical
04-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Geez what the hell is wrong with this guy, when you take this report and add the dirty tag label he's been accused of....

Minnphin
04-14-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm wondering if this is just in reference to the meal he passed on a month or so ago. We were meeting with Newton and invited him along and he declined the invitation. This makes it sound like we invited, he accepted, and then didn't show. I could see where he's coming from I guess if he passed on dinner with a team 15 spots below where he was expected to go that didn't have a need at the position.

DcRy82
04-14-2011, 12:26 PM
He should accept every opportunity he can to meet with NFL teams (regardless of draft order). Just like coaches that interview with teams knowing they wont get the job, every experience you can get speaking with people who are in positions to be your future employers, you should take those opportunities. If nothing else, for the gain of experience in communication. Also, who knows where you end up after your rookie contract. You don't want to burn bridges in the industry that you work.

Aqua and Orange
04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Thank goodness the person that skipped wasn't at a position of need. Fate is telling the organization to keep its damn eyes on fixing our horse and carriage offense.

X-Pacolypse
04-14-2011, 05:16 PM
This dude has BUST written all over him.

hooshoops
04-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I wonder why we are even meeting him?

it probably was to get in his head on cam newton...

color me not surprised with this on fairley...i've been saying for over a month he's buyer beware