PDA

View Full Version : I been converted.....I WANT MALLETT

normaniii
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I think its easy to get excited by the combine & how athletic a player is i.e Cam Newton/Jake Locker & Colin Kaerpernick......but as Bill has recently said about his pick for Pat White 'He just wasn’t a prototypical quarterback pick' which resulted in a 'mistake' as he was a 'great college QB'.

Ryan Mallet no doubt is the best drop back passer in draft. He may struggle outside of the pocket...but so do the best QB's Manning & Brady.

The top 10 QB's based on QBR last year were:-

Brady - Rivers - Rodgers - Vick - Big Ben - Freeman - Flacco - Cassell - Schaub - Manning.

Although Rodgers is very athletic only Vick is considered a so called dual threat. Brady - Rivers - Flacco - Schaub & Manning are all considered drop back passers.

Mallett will drop for much the same reason as Marino & Sapp......maturity & marijuana.....but if not for this we would have no chance of drafting him. I think he will possibly rise come draft day with Titans & possibly Vikings taking him......but if not .....I WANT HIM.

Phins Rock
04-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Mallett can't read the blitz, escape pressure he doesn't expect, or make quick decisions/throw the hot read.

Those will be his downfall. Not character.

Best right arm I've ever seen. Doesn't have anything else.

Show Me Your TDs
04-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Mallett can't read the blitz, escape pressure he doesn't expect, or make quick decisions/throw the hot read.

Best right arm I've ever seen. Doesn't have anything else.

Have you seen any film on him. Holy Crap you are way off. Mallet is one of the best in the draft at pocket presence. He can read the whole field quickly unlike many other prospects due to their one read system. What will cause him to drop is character concerns and slow feet (40 time).

Skree
04-14-2011, 11:02 AM

Best right arm I've ever seen. Doesn't have anything else.Hey Phins, I havn't been over at Phinfever lately.

Phins I would love to see you post vids and a breakdown illustrating these points you raise.

Seriously I would. I can't see it and I would really like too cuz I don't get why so many have him still a 2nd rounder. I'd at least like to be able to see what naysayers see.

TrinidadDolfan
04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I been converted.....I WANT MALLETT

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Phins Rock: go to ckparrothead's profile and look up threads he has started. There should be a couple of break downs in there of Mallett. Go Take a look, without any preconceived ideas, then come back and let us know what you think. Cheers!

BostonPhin4
04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
First of all welcome to the Dark Side. I have been on a Mallet crusade for months now trying to convert people on this site. But it seemed that people on this board were even less interested than the dolphins were who had showed 0 interest in the guy up until about a month ago.

Luckily it seems the Phins are starting to come around, or perhaps were using their early lack of interest as a smoke screen. Slowly people on this board are coming around as well, as more and more people actually watch film as opposed to just taking everyone else's word on this guys inadequacies. Everyone complains that he is the same as Henne, a good arm but doesn't make the proper reads, and isn't quick enough to avoid pressure in the pocket. But anyone who has watched him play knows he is more than capable of taking a side step or two to make defenders miss, and is much more accurate downfield than Henne. Even if his faults are similar to Henne's he is still worlds better than Henne was coming out of college, and probably better than Henne is now (no way to know, just an educated assumption).

Phins need to take this kid at #15, or if a trade down is their game they better not trade lower then #23 because all reports have the Seahawks(who I believe are picking #24) very very high on Mallet. Missing out on this guy would be a big mistake. How often do you have a shot at the consensus most NFL ready, best arm in the draft QB at #15?!!? If it wasn't for his overblown character concerns he would be a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick.

Here's to hoping our FO does the right thing for once, and Ireland and Sparano don't let the pressure to "win now" to save their jobs interfere with this franchise getting a stud Qb for years to come.

Skree
04-14-2011, 11:55 AM
First of all welcome to the Dark Side. I have been on a Mallet crusade for months now trying to convert people on this site. But it seemed that people on this board were even less interested than the dolphins were who had showed 0 interest in the guy up until about a month ago.

Luckily it seems the Phins are starting to come around, or perhaps were using their early lack of interest as a smoke screen. Slowly people on this board are coming around as well, as more and more people actually watch film as opposed to just taking everyone else's word on this guys inadequacies. Everyone complains that he is the same as Henne, a good arm but doesn't make the proper reads, and isn't quick enough to avoid pressure in the pocket. But anyone who has watched him play knows he is more than capable of taking a side step or two to make defenders miss, and is much more accurate downfield than Henne. Even if his faults are similar to Henne's he is still worlds better than Henne was coming out of college, and probably better than Henne is now (no way to know, just an educated assumption).

Phins need to take this kid at #15, or if a trade down is their game they better not trade lower then #23 because all reports have the Seahawks(who I believe are picking #24) very very high on Mallet. Missing out on this guy would be a big mistake. How often do you have a shot at the consensus most NFL ready, best arm in the draft QB at #15?!!? If it wasn't for his overblown character concerns he would be a top 10 or maybe even top 5 pick.

Here's to hoping our FO does the right thing for once, and Ireland and Sparano don't let the pressure to "win now" to save their jobs interfere with this franchise getting a stud Qb for years to come.Phins Rock has been arround here a while.

Since you brought up Henne here is kinda how I see Mallett/Henne.

Watching Henne I see a QB who can be confident when he is comfortable, when I watch Mallett I see confidence non-stop.

Aqua and Orange
04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Some intangibles that make Mallett a good pick for the Dolphins:

Drafting him WILL create buzz and help to sell tickets.

Drafting him WILL help with Ireland and Sparano's job security as they will ask for time to see his development through.

Drafting him WILL help to turn the tide of fans towards a positive one for this organization.

Drafting him WILL send a message that the Dolphins aren't afraid to take a QB high.

Drafting him WILL add a wildcard that can enter into an arms race that has Brady, Sanchez, and (possibly) Newton/Gabbert.

As always, the question is whether this organization has its QB blindfold on for yet another draft. This draft, with its "no clear cut QB is the best one" mentality, actually benefits a team like the Dolphins who hope to find help at that position all the way at the 15 spot.

Roonnette
04-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Mallett's most exciting asset is that he throws deep with reckless abandon. His short game is nothing special, and neither is Ponder or100s of QB across the nation. Phins can draft just about anyone to manage short game and run, there are plenty of options. There are not too many options for a big arm, deep passer, but one option out there is Mallett. And that's the one Phins must choose.

Geforce
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey Phins, I havn't been over at Phinfever lately.

Phins I would love to see you post vids and a breakdown illustrating these points you raise.

Seriously I would. I can't see it and I would really like too cuz I don't get why so many have him still a 2nd rounder. I'd at least like to be able to see what naysayers see.

Check out this Draft Winds feature on Mallett. It should answer a lot of questions you may have in regards to Mallett. It is without question, IMO, the best feature on Ryan Mallett I have seen anywhere.
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/03/draft_winds_lies_damn_lies_and_1.html

PS: If I'm not mistaken, this feature was mentioned on ESPN's Scott Van Pelt Show.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Our Ryan Mallett piece has been talked about by Dan Patrick, Ryan Mallett, Peter King, and soon I'll be on Path to the Draft to discuss it. I've already been on the Miami Dolphins' official radio broadcast with Jesse Agler, Keith Sims and Troy Drayton to discuss it. I've also been on with Minnesota Vikings' play by play man Paul Allen to discuss it. Right now I'm trying to get worked out for going on The Noe Show on ESPN Radio from Albany. Just FYI.

No, I'm not BS'ing.

beanh8er
04-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Our Ryan Mallett piece has been talked about by Dan Patrick, Ryan Mallett, Peter King, and soon I'll be on Path to the Draft to discuss it. I've already been on the Miami Dolphins' official radio broadcast with Jesse Agler, Keith Sims and Troy Drayton to discuss it. I've also been on with Minnesota Vikings' play by play man Paul Allen to discuss it. Right now I'm trying to get worked out for going on The Noe Show on ESPN Radio from Albany. Just FYI.

No, I'm not BS'ing.

How soon?

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 01:43 PM
And by the way...if you want to be converted...watch Gruden's QB School segment with Mallett. Most of it's just BS. But pay attention to the parts where Gruden asks him questions about elements of offense, why you do certain things, then watch him get up on the chalkboard and describe a play.

YIKES is the word.

And Gruden said the same damn thing. His eyes were lit up and he couldn't stop himself from saying "Damn that's a lot going on in that play!"

Ask yourself this...does a bad character guy study the game this hard to where he breathes it this easily? And if he does, and he's got a bundle of talent...will the NFL even let it matter that he "rubs [some people] wrong"?

Serious question.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 01:44 PM
How soon?

Filming tomorrow at 1pm from Dolphins HQ, producer thinks it'll air during Monday's 6pm showing.

Geforce
04-14-2011, 01:50 PM

No, I'm not BS'ing.

This feature on Mallett is so good, it may force the Dolphins to move up in the draft, if they really want him. The Vikings may be moving from a win now attitude to an I think we can wait a couple of years to win it all attitude because of this feature. :d-day:

SamIam
04-14-2011, 01:51 PM

No, I'm not BS'ing.

Nice job CK... all the best.

By the way is that the OG Keith Sims who played next to Richmond Webb

j-off-her-doll
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
And by the way...if you want to be converted...watch Gruden's QB School segment with Mallett. Most of it's just BS. But pay attention to the parts where Gruden asks him questions about elements of offense, why you do certain things, then watch him get up on the chalkboard and describe a play.

YIKES is the word.

And Gruden said the same damn thing. His eyes were lit up and he couldn't stop himself from saying "Damn that's a lot going on in that play!"

Ask yourself this...does a bad character guy study the game this hard to where he breathes it this easily? And if he does, and he's got a bundle of talent...will the NFL even let it matter that he "rubs [some people] wrong"?

Serious question.

I still haven't seen the entire thing. Anyone know if it's posted somewhere on the net? But, in the brief clip I saw, it had me thinking: I've completely underestimated Mallett's upside. I had him as a better version of Flacco - not too bad. He obviously has a much better grasp for the position and its intricacies than Flacco. If you're talking pure upside, I'd have to compare him to P. Manning with a bigger arm. He has that kind of feel for the game.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Nice job CK... all the best.

By the way is that the OG Keith Sims who played next to Richmond Webb

Yup, and that would be the Troy Drayton that caught passes for Dan Marino after his career in St. Louis was done.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
I still haven't seen the entire thing. Anyone know if it's posted somewhere on the net? But, in the brief clip I saw, it had me thinking: I've completely underestimated Mallett's upside. I had him as a better version of Flacco - not too bad. He obviously has a much better grasp for the position and its intricacies than Flacco. If you're talking pure upside, I'd have to compare him to P. Manning with a bigger arm. He has that kind of feel for the game.

I think he could get up to Phil Rivers' quality. Asking a bit much to be a Peyton Manning but I did have to correct Paul Allen a little bit when they were talking about Mallett's upside being Drew Bledsoe. I had to say, I think you're selling him short. He patterns his game after Peyton Manning and Tom Brady...and he seems to display the ability to process information on the field quickly enough that he should be shooting for that.

About the feet and athleticism...feet can always get faster.

j-off-her-doll
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
I think he could get up to Phil Rivers' quality. Asking a bit much to be a Peyton Manning but I did have to correct Paul Allen a little bit when they were talking about Mallett's upside being Drew Bledsoe. I had to say, I think you're selling him short. He patterns his game after Peyton Manning and Tom Brady...and he seems to display the ability to process information on the field quickly enough that he should be shooting for that.

About the feet and athleticism...feet can always get faster.

I'm saying pure upside. I don't think it's fair to ask anyone to be THAT kind of QB. I'm saying that if he maximizes ALL of his abilities, that's the kind of QB he'll be. I still prefer a guy who can make more plays with his feet. A. Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL today - to me - because his feet give him that extra advantage. But, Mallett will be better than Henne as a rookie, and I think he'll be good enough to win you SB's.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

P. Rivers (though Mallett has a much bigger arm - not quite the quick release) is a good "goal" (from a fan's perspective) for Mallett. I agree.

Clipse
04-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Have you seen any film on him. Holy Crap you are way off. Mallet is one of the best in the draft at pocket presence. He can read the whole field quickly unlike many other prospects due to their one read system. What will cause him to drop is character concerns and slow feet (40 time).

Obviously not if he actually believes what he wrote.

Nublar7
04-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Besides Dolphins fans, most national draft "experts" think Mallett to Miami makes no sense and will be a disaster.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Besides Dolphins fans, most national draft "experts" think Mallett to Miami makes no sense and will be a disaster.

Which ones are those? The ones that have all begun mocking him to Miami?

Fintastic2124
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Which ones are those? The ones that have all begun mocking him to Miami?

Is there anyway this is going to be online after monday? If it's on path to the draft, some of us losers don't have the NFL network right now....

Nublar7
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Which ones are those? The ones that have all begun mocking him to Miami?I have seen Omar Kelly, Armando Salguero, Brian Billick, Todd McShay, Jason La Canfora, Mel Kiper all say that Miami shouldn't or won't draft Mallett. Haven't really seen anyone mock him to Miami, besides the buzz of more meetings today and tomorrow.

Casas9425
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I have seen Omar Kelly, Armando Salguero, Brian Billick, Todd McShay, Jason La Canfora, Mel Kiper all say that Miami shouldn't or won't draft Mallett. Haven't really seen anyone mock him to Miami, besides the buzz of more meetings today and tomorrow.

most of those guys are idiots. La Canfora and McShay have admitted they have no idea what the Dolphins will do.

Phins Rock
04-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I've broken down 4 of Mallett's games and will have 4 more on the DVR by the end of the week. I'm making my own evaluation based off of what I see. When he sees the blitz presnap, he does a decent job of adjusting. But when it catches him off guard, he struggles not just sometimes like CK wrote on his draft winds piece (great read by the way), but consistently. And unless your facing a Paul Pasqualoni defense, teams won't telegraph their blitzes. Mallett is going to struggle big time to go to hot reads in the NFL, IMO. Hell he's already admitted to not liking to do that. Not only mentally will he struggle with that, but he has very heavy feet as well.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I think someone will put it up, not sure on that though.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I have seen Omar Kelly, Armando Salguero, Brian Billick, Todd McShay, Jason La Canfora, Mel Kiper all say that Miami shouldn't or won't draft Mallett. Haven't really seen anyone mock him to Miami, besides the buzz of more meetings today and tomorrow.

I know Wes Bunting has mocked Mallett to Miami. Michael Lombardi and Charles Davis recently endorsed and mocked Mallett to Miami. Dave Hyde has been pushing for it a long time. Ben Volin has begun pushing for it. I think Charlie Casserly has endorsed Mallett.

Jason La Canfora isn't a draft analyst. He reported weeks ago that Miami weren't that interested in Ryan Mallett. Well, they're having him for yet another visit so now La Canfora isn't so sure.

Phins Rock
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
CK, Ben Volin told me a couple of days ago he doubts Mallett is the guy because of his and Henne's relationship. They don't want to bring that "dynamic" to the QB room.

Not sure I buy that, but, his thoughts.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Incidentally, this is an EXCELLENT piece.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6348822

It brings up and REALLY highlights very well something we tried to hit on but which this piece hits on better. People in Arkansas LOVE this guy. They adore him. And people in Texarkana did too. Maybe they didn't love him in Michigan the way they did in those other places, but he didn't have much of a chance to win them over. He played before he was ready, showed talent and immaturity, then moved away before he could show them more.

He comes from good parents, a good home, he's honest about his mistakes and weaknesses, always ready to address his problems. People at the Arkansas program love him and go to bat for him.

And I know what the conspiracy theories are that Jim Mallett wouldn't expound upon.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM
CK, Ben Volin told me a couple of days ago he doubts Mallett is the guy because of his and Henne's relationship. They don't want to bring that "dynamic" to the QB room.

Not sure I buy that, but, his thoughts.

I also at times "doubt" the guy is going to be a Dolphin for various reasons. That's not very telling.

Ben Volin authored a very large piece in which he defended Mallett very strongly, said the same things we did about his character and how he doesn't get why people say what they do, including the media's reaction to Mallett's Indy press conference. They all flipped out about it, Ben Volin's immediate reaction was to say that Mallett handled it well.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I forgot to mention Peter King. Add him to the list of people that have strongly endorsed Mallett in the 1st round and believe the character issues are far overdone. He did an extensive piece the week after ours (partly inspired by ours), and he spoke with two GMs that he trusts to tell him the truth. Both GMs said they have no issue with Mallett's character.

Show Me Your TDs
04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I also have my doubts due to the nature of Miami's FO for the past few years. Its almost in our nature to select the "safe pick" which Mallett can be construed as not. I'm so leery after so many years of disappointment at the QB position.

Phins Rock
04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I agree with the character stuff. My concerns are solely about talent.

Plus, character concerns aren't for us to worry about. If we take him, it's clearly not an issue. If we pass him up because of it, or any other reason, he's not our problem. Lol.

CK, if both he and Ponder are there, let's say at 25sh after a trade down, whose the pick by your estimation? Ponder or Mallett

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I agree with the character stuff. My concerns are solely about talent.

Plus, character concerns aren't for us to worry about. If we take him, it's clearly not an issue. If we pass him up because of it, or any other reason, he's not our problem. Lol.

CK, if both he and Ponder are there, let's say at 25sh after a trade down, whose the pick by your estimation? Ponder or Mallett

I know who I'm picking. I don't know who the Dolphins are picking.

SR 7
04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
after more news today of how miami is interested in Mallet I think its all but set in stone, its a smoke screen. He isn't the guy they want, its Ponder.

I am heart broken b/c I love Mallet

BlueFin
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
after more news today of how miami is interested in Mallet I think its all but set in stone, its a smoke screen. He isn't the guy they want, its Ponder.

I don't really see him visiting as "news" indicating a smokescreen, I see it as wanting to get very comfortable with him if they are going to draft him.

ckparrothead
04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Could be a smokescreen. They seem to have given up on trying to tell people they don't like him.

BlueFin
04-14-2011, 05:18 PM
It's kinda hard to convince anyone you don't like him when you've had him in more than any other player, 4 visits since the combine?

At some point you just shut up and hope, I think they are making contingincies to trade up to 9 or 10.

Casas9425
04-14-2011, 05:25 PM
it would be an elaborate smokescreen, and kind of a huge waste of time. I think its legit interest.

Phins Rock
04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
They're doing more work with him because there's more work to be done than with anybody else. Doesn't necessarily mean they like him more than Ponder.

I'm now convinced though that it'll be either Ponder or Mallett.

normaniii
04-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Im on board .......CK I would love to have come to this conclusion myself but I agree with you 100% & if possible would double up on QB with your other crush TJ Yates.

Aqua and Orange
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM

I had a similar thought of using Mallett as a smokescreen, but think they are more interested in getting QB-needy trade down partners with the interest.

I would be one of the very few to be quite happy if they selected Ponder at 15. After THIS much homework, I would have to think there was a reason to pass up one QB in favor of the other.

I am NOT okay with ignoring the position yet again. All of this fan interest should tell the team where their biggest hole is.

BlueFin
04-14-2011, 06:42 PM
I think if its a smokescreen it's to lure somebody to trade up for Mallett, I hope thats not the case, I'm tired of second tier QB's and we really haven't batted very well with second round picks anyway, so what is the urgency in trading down out of premium territory anyway?

phintim
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
I also have my doubts due to the nature of Miami's FO for the past few years. Its almost in our nature to select the "safe pick" which Mallett can be construed as not. I'm so leery after so many years of disappointment at the QB position.

If you are leery of Ireland you would have hated all of the past regime except possibly Jimmy Johnson. We had so many misses and mistakes even going back to the Shula years.

phintim
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
I think if its a smokescreen it's to lure somebody to trade up for Mallett, I hope thats not the case, I'm tired of second tier QB's and we really haven't batted very well with second round picks anyway, so what is the urgency in trading down out of premium territory anyway?

Long term for the phins you are correct and I agree with you. But the issue we have to consider here is that Ireland and Sporano are both on a short term leash and if drafting Mallet will not return short term results then they will "probably" be hesitent to pull the trigger. A offensive lineman who can run and pass block as well as a running back could deliver much quicker results but of course short term.

greasyObnoxious
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Long term for the phins you are correct and I agree with you. But the issue we have to consider here is that Ireland and Sporano are both on a short term leash and if drafting Mallet will not return short term results then they will "probably" be hesitent to pull the trigger. A offensive lineman who can run and pass block as well as a running back could deliver much quicker results but of course short term.

to the contrary, i believe drafting a QB and starting him might buy Sparano and Ireland another year.

BlueFin
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM

That lineman won't matter or help if Henne plays the way he did in the past, so it seems to me staying the course with a QB that most believe doesn't have it is more risky to this regime than drafting a prospect with potential and satisfying the owners desire for improvement.

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
NO NO NO NO Stay away from Mallett he is a cancer... Stay Away stick with Henne. Henne is your future.

greasyObnoxious
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
NO NO NO NO Stay away from Mallett he is a cancer... Stay Away stick with Henne. Henne is your future.

lol yeah, you'd like that

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
lol yeah, you'd like that

Yes I would I would love for you to take OL or RB at 15 and stay away from all these project QBs

greasyObnoxious
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Yes I would I would love for you to take OL or RB at 15 and stay away from all these project QBs

the thing is, did our FO learn from past mistakes or didn't they? that's the million dollar question, because if they did, Mallett is very much in play. if they didn't, we're going to see Gabe Carimi at #15 or a trade down that gets us "percentage picks".

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
the thing is, did our FO learn from past mistakes or didn't they? that's the million dollar question, because if they did, Mallett is very much in play. if they didn't, we're going to see Gabe Carimi at #15 or a trade down that gets us "percentage picks".

See the thing I got is there will be NO QB in the second I have Gabbert, Newton, Mallett, Locker and Ponder all going in the 1st.

So really then are you going to reach for a Kaepernick (if he is still there at the late second you might be able to get with a trade down)?

Or then it looks like a Stanzi or Dalton later on, and to be honest it looks alot like Henne at that point.

IMO your pick SHOULD be Locker (i like him more than Mallett), but Mallett will not be a bad pick either. I worry about Ponder multiple throwing shoulder INJs

greasyObnoxious
04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
See the thing I got is there will be NO QB in the second I have Gabbert, Newton, Mallett, Locker and Ponder all going in the 1st.

So really then are you going to reach for a Kaepernick (if he is still there at the late second you might be able to get with a trade down)?

Or then it looks like a Stanzi or Dalton later on, and to be honest it looks alot like Henne at that point.

IMO your pick SHOULD be Locker (i like him more than Mallett), but Mallett will not be a bad pick either. I worry about Ponder multiple throwing shoulder INJs

i don't only think Kaepernick is an option for this FO, i actually FEAR it. just like last year when they pretty much settled on Koa Misi and traded down to get a 2nd-round pick in order to draft him, i can see a similar approach now. unfortunately.

fin13
04-15-2011, 03:30 PM
No QB no Hope, if Mallet is your guy you get him because without a QB for the future Sporano and Ireland will be gone.
You take the QB until you find the right guy and the Dolphins have never done that, we passed on Rodgers.