PDA

View Full Version : Olive Garden serves 2-year-old sangria, not OJ

BAMAPHIN 22
04-14-2011, 11:48 AM
A 2-year-old boy was accidentally served sangria instead of orange juice at a central Florida Olive Garden and was taken to the hospital.

Orlando-based Darden Restaurants says the incident happened on March 31 in Lakeland.

"He was starting to change his behavior. He was climbing out of the high chair, in the high chair, my mom's lap, my lap. And they came over and the waiter took the drink and ran away with it. Basically said 'There's been a mistake, I need to get you a new one,' and scurried off," Jill VanHeest told "The Early Show" Thursday. "And when he came back, I told him, 'You know, I need to know what's in there, in the event that he has any sort of reaction.'"

The restaurant's manager told VanHeest that her son Nikolai had been served sangria. She said Nikolai's eyes had gotten "all big and dilated" after drinking most of the fluid from the sippy cup they served him.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/14/earlyshow/living/parenting/main20053870.shtml#ixzz1JVrpSIyg

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Gotta start em early..

Thats aged **** right there...They charge extra for that sort of stuff.

Rafiki
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I thought this was kind of funny; especially how people are overreacting.

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I thought this was kind of funny; especially how people are overreacting.

All jokes aside...If you a placed served my child liquer by accident I would be pretty upset...Especially if he ended up drinking alot..

Now if was 2 year old( Guessing Spoiled, if it spoiles) I would be even more upset.

Rafiki
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
All jokes aside...If you a placed served my child liquer by accident I would be pretty upset...Especially if he ended up drinking alot..

Now if was 2 year old( Guessing Spoiled, if it spoiles) I would be even more upset.

He was fine. They took him to a hospital. He got fluids and sent home.

It was an accident anyway. Now if someone had intentionally done this, I wouldn't find it funny at all.

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 04:18 PM

It was an accident anyway. Now if someone had intentionally done this, I wouldn't find it funny at all.

Yea accidents happen..We all know this..I am sure the waitress felt bad..It does not mean one should not be upset about it tho.

If you have doubt about what your serving someone then maybe you should 86 it or get another opinion on it..Ppl pay damn good money for food and service..They should not have to think twice about what their child is consuming.

Bumpus
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Swear to god, I'm renting a kid from the orphanage and taking it to Shenaganz.

... Free drinks, baby!!! :woohoo:

SpurzN703
04-15-2011, 04:46 PM

You ever seen Waiting...? I'm sure one of those yoyos could've pulled off a stunt like this