PDA

View Full Version : Fairley blows off dolphins

VaBeachFinfan82
04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/04/auburn-dt-nick-fairley-reportedly-blows-off-meeting-with-dolphins.html

Albert Haynesworth 2.0

Dr. Phin
04-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Regardless of how it affects Miami, he probably is costing himself millions because more teams will now let him slide. The difference in money goes down exponentially based on pick...

JFoxx
04-14-2011, 12:47 PM
If you look closely, it wasn't an obligatory dinner, but just an invitation with him and another prospect (probably due-dilligence on our part). And it was from early/mid March. 1) at that time he was still a top 5 likely pick, so I'm sure he didn't feel it was necessary; and 2) why is this just getting a lot of press now?
My guess is somebody is trying to help his slide downward in the first continue in hopes of him getting to them. If it's us, why? As I don't see us taking another DT in the first this year, unless we have a trade partner who IS interested in him lined up. A lot of speculation, but why else bring this up over a month later ?

Ed Norton
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
WGAF I liked him a lot at Auburn but he probably couldn't even start for Miami. This is one area the Dolphins got right.

Vaark
04-14-2011, 02:25 PM
We do need to tweak the D, and who in their right mind would pass up an Andrew Luck "can't miss" defensive counterpart (although this guy isn't), but first round should be focused on offensive skill players.

X-Pacolypse
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey, if he enjoys losing millions in earnings more power to him. Just don't come crying to everybody in a few years expecting pity on you when you're penniless and broke.

endorPHINS72
04-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Man, this kid is a dick. This reminds me a bit of when the NY Giants (I think?!?) scheduled a meeting with University of Tennessee WR Carl Pickens. Pickens declined the meeting telling the Giants he'd be long gone by the time they draft. Turns out he lasted into the 2nd round because of character issues.

SQuinn17
04-14-2011, 07:41 PM
If I had dinner plans with Sparano and Jeff Ireland, I'd skip out too. If they blow this draft and have another losing season, both better be gone.

Phinatic8u
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Not even the top DT in the draft.

dr.jake
04-14-2011, 08:23 PM
not ever a fairley fan.

Cauby
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM
If I had dinner plans with Sparano and Jeff Ireland, I'd skip out too. If they blow this draft and have another losing season, both better be gone.

LOL, so true, so true.