PDA

View Full Version : Your Food Stories.

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Men Love Food.( And Brew)

Post about your food stories here...Good or bad food reallly..Its all good

Post pics if you got em.

Talk about where you can get this good stuff as well!

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Man this place needs some culture..Anyone eat anything interesting yet?

What the ****...Put the BK down!!!!

Tunaphish429
04-14-2011, 11:18 PM
I actually went to a restaurant recently that had aged steak..Was dry aged on the premises.. It was ungraded beef as it was a local organic source..But was excellent...I have read heard from various sources that dry aged beef is superior in texture and flavor.. Def was.. I had a sirloin too..Maybe was the best steak I had ever had.. I am a huge sirloin fan cause it is super lean.. I also tried the aged Rib roast..Was unreal. I wanna try some prime beef but not very interested in making the trip to find it or pay the bill..Even tho this was local ungraded beef it was still kind of pricey..

I also tried raw oysters that night as well.. Amazing..I have always loved clams on a half shell.. These oysters were a real treat..cold, glassey... Very nice texture in the mouth..Good bite..Reminded me of a sea scallop in taste..

COphinphan89
04-14-2011, 11:43 PM
I had Chipotle last week. ****in wonderful, but man that you better be near a ****ter for most of the next day.

Tunaphish429
04-15-2011, 11:28 PM
I had Chipotle last week. ****in wonderful, but man that you better be near a ****ter for most of the next day.

Yea Chipotle is amazing..What did you get? I really love the pork...but I am also a fan of the barbacoa..I really love the burritos..but discovered the tortilla have trace amouts of trans fat in them....not cool..So i have been getting the burrito bowl instead..I usally go with 2 different meats... I love that place..

I am actually traveling south right now..Drove by a steak and shake earlier today...Wanna hit that up on the way back.

WeVie
04-15-2011, 11:39 PM
I love me some 5 Guys burgers and fries! Does that count?

Oh and I was in Jacksonville and eat snails but I guess we should call it escargot.

But all jokes aside, I am the cook in my house and I love to cook and I love to eat.

Myles Fynch
04-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Here's my food thing... I can't think about what something was, looked like, or how it moved if it's going to be on my plate. I like fish--but not most seafood--and on a double dare from a friend ate one shimp at a restaurant and almost hurled. It was the idea more than anything, but I didn't like it on top of that. I could see it crawling around on the sea floor, looking like something from the Sci-Fi channel. And now I had eaten it. Maybe it wasn't really dead and was going to go all Aliens on me and burrow out of my stomach. Wasn't sure. Never made that mistake again, tho.

:lol:

COphinphan89
04-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Yea Chipotle is amazing..What did you get? I really love the pork...but I am also a fan of the barbacoa..I really love the burritos..but discovered the tortilla have trace amouts of trans fat in them....not cool..So i have been getting the burrito bowl instead..I usally go with 2 different meats... I love that place..

I am actually traveling south right now..Drove by a steak and shake earlier today...Wanna hit that up on the way back.
Steak with black beans and the rice of course. Green chili salsa and the corn with sour cream and cheese and some lettuce.

WeVie
04-16-2011, 09:22 AM
There is this place in Huntersville called Rockers and they have this five layer chocolate cake that is sooooooooooooo good. I think my wife would murder someone for a piece of that cake.

Tunaphish429
04-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I love me some 5 Guys burgers and fries! Does that count?

Oh and I was in Jacksonville and eat snails but I guess we should call it escargot.

But all jokes aside, I am the cook in my house and I love to cook and I love to eat.

Haha Yea I am a cook too..I am actually on va ca this week..cause of spring break..I aint too far from ya..I am in Myrtle , Sc...Any tornados come through your area? I actually cooked tonight..Made some hot italian sausage with carmalized onions..red and green peppers... jalepneos and cream cheese..(Sandwiches) They were a hit eveyone loved them..I have been some local seafood..Fried Oysters have been pretty amazing. Got myself some beer from NC as well..cant wait to drink it.. Went to Chik -Fil-A for lunch..I have been there once before..Was pretty amazing..I hope cuse will get one sometime soon..

Tunaphish429
04-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Here's my food thing... I can't think about what something was, looked like, or how it moved if it's going to be on my plate. I like fish--but not most seafood--and on a double dare from a friend ate one shimp at a restaurant and almost hurled. It was the idea more than anything, but I didn't like it on top of that. I could see it crawling around on the sea floor, looking like something from the Sci-Fi channel. And now I had eaten it. Maybe it wasn't really dead and was going to go all Aliens on me and burrow out of my stomach. Wasn't sure. Never made that mistake again, tho.

:lol:

Circle of life man....Cows are eating grass one day..Getting axed the next...If your lucky enough to get something that was killed the day before you ate it your pretty lucky...I am a huge seafood fan..Its really good for you and tastes great as well....I am a huge meat eater..I am super adventurous when it comes to eating..

Bumpus
04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Deep fried Twinkies.

You're welcome. :)

CedarPhin
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
CJ's BBQ in Billings, Montana.

Best restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life.

JC
04-21-2011, 03:34 AM
If you haven't had a Primanti Brother's sandwich in Pittsburgh, I recommend you try it. I ate there so much that it actually got old for me. And one of the best burgers I've ever had was in Myrtle Beach (not sure of the restaurant) but it was a 1/2 pound burger topped with crab meat and sauteed onions. There's also another place in South Beach and it is called the Burger Joint if I'm not mistaken, but that was another great restaurant.

Now that I'm at college living on my own, I eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly's and ****ty food lol

Tunaphish429
04-21-2011, 08:40 PM
CJ's BBQ in Billings, Montana.

Best restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life.

t
If i am ever in Montana I will have to check it out for sure.. I wonder how it compares to Dinosaur BBQ from where I hail in cuse.. Dinosaur was actually voted best bbq in america..Even tho I have not had any bbq from that was better find it hard to believe its the best..They do have the most amazing corn bread..Ribs are on point as well ...Oh yea and their mac and cheese is to die for .

Tunaphish429
04-21-2011, 08:44 PM
If you haven't had a Primanti Brother's sandwich in Pittsburgh, I recommend you try it. I ate there so much that it actually got old for me. And one of the best burgers I've ever had was in Myrtle Beach (not sure of the restaurant) but it was a 1/2 pound burger topped with crab meat and sauteed onions. There's also another place in South Beach and it is called the Burger Joint if I'm not mistaken, but that was another great restaurant.

Now that I'm at college living on my own, I eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly's and ****ty food lol

I wanna try Primanti band..I guess you can kinda duplicate it at home with fries...But yea not the same..If I ever go to a steelers fins game I would def be there.. That burger sounds pretty good..I actually ate at a local restaurant..

Had conk fritters...Was a little underwhemled by them..Kinda tasted like crab cakes but were tasty...I also had my first experience with shrimp and grits..Really great...If you like grits and you like cream sauces this is for you....Hooked it up with some hot sauce and black pepper..Def enhanced the flavor..Had some hush puppies with it as well..Was a real treat...

Tunaphish429
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I am going to Philly in about a month..Cant wait to get me a cheesesteak...Most reviews say go to Pats....I think thats where I will go..

Can anyone chime in on Pats vs Ginos?

HurriPhin
04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm a former head chef of fine dining restaurants (retired because my wifes a doctor and now I'm her private chef). Because of that I'm pretty much a food snob when dining out. I never go out to eat at ordinary restaurants anymore for the fact that I can make better food at home. I once ran a Prime steakhouse and because of that I can never eat another steak that isn't USDA Prime. I also ran a French/American contemporary restaurant where the menu changed weekly depending on what kinds of produce the farmers brought in and what types of seafood my fish mongers had caught. So when I go out it will be a chef's 5-7 course menu with a wine flight because it usually consists of ingredients not available in a general grocery store and dishes that I can't replicate in my own household kitchen.

Tunaphish429
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm a former head chef of fine dining restaurants (retired because my wifes a doctor and now I'm her private chef). Because of that I'm pretty much a food snob when dining out. I never go out to eat at ordinary restaurants anymore for the fact that I can make better food at home. I once ran a Prime steakhouse and because of that I can never eat another steak that isn't USDA Prime. I also ran a French/American contemporary restaurant where the menu changed weekly depending on what kinds of produce the farmers brought in and what types of seafood my fish mongers had caught. So when I go out it will be a chef's 5-7 course menu with a wine flight because it usually consists of ingredients not available in a general grocery store and dishes that I can't replicate in my own household kitchen.

So you think Prime beef is that much better? I have never had it...None in my neck of the woods.... Good thing your wife is a doctor because you would never be able to eat beef again.

CedarPhin
04-22-2011, 04:59 PM
There's a place called Pizza Orgasmica in San Francisco that's really good. And there's a place in North Beach called Molinari's that's really awesome too.

HurriPhin
04-24-2011, 03:51 PM
So you think Prime beef is that much better? I have never had it...None in my neck of the woods.... Good thing your wife is a doctor because you would never be able to eat beef again.

Phenomenal. Best steak you will ever have guaranteed. Everyone always wanted to know what secret seasoning we put on our steaks... salt and pepper, nothing more. Prime beef speaks for itself. My favotite part of my entire work day was gettting there early in the morning and butchering the beef for the day. The fat on Prime beef is almost pure white (as compared to Choice which is off white/yellow), melts in your mouth and is not chewy. A Prime filet med rare, you can cut with a fork, the sirloins and strips were absolutely robust with flavor, and the ribeyes are to die for.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Example of the marbling in a strip loin. Mmmm

Arsenal WV
04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
I ate Taco Bell once.... Than I shat all over myself.

Tunaphish429
04-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Phenomenal. Best steak you will ever have guaranteed. Everyone always wanted to know what secret seasoning we put on our steaks... salt and pepper, nothing more. Prime beef speaks for itself. My favotite part of my entire work day was gettting there early in the morning and butchering the beef for the day. The fat on Prime beef is almost pure white (as compared to Choice which is off white/yellow), melts in your mouth and is not chewy. A Prime filet med rare, you can cut with a fork, the sirloins and strips were absolutely robust with flavor, and the ribeyes are to die for.

Example of the marbling in a strip loin. Mmmm

Yea but for the price?

j-off-her-doll
04-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I really don't like Chipotle. Tampa and St. Pete have the fortune hosting Taco Bus. If you have the chance, go there. Get the lengua (beef tongue) the conchinita pibil (sp?) . . . well, I'm going to end up listing just about everything. The place is great. Try it. Also, if you're in St. Pete, and you're looking for a place that serves OUTSTANDING brews, check out The Ale and the Witch. 32 American micros on tap - always rotating.

HurriPhin
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Yea but for the price?

I certainly think so. I won't eat steak anymore unless it's Prime. Gotta treat yourself at least once.

HurriPhin
04-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I really don't like Chipotle. Tampa and St. Pete have the fortune hosting Taco Bus. If you have the chance, go there. Get the lengua (beef tongue) the conchinita pibil (sp?) . . . well, I'm going to end up listing just about everything. The place is great. Try it. Also, if you're in St. Pete, and you're looking for a place that serves OUTSTANDING brews, check out The Ale and the Witch. 32 American micros on tap - always rotating.

Mexican BBQ at it's finest. I love cochinita pibil. Traditionally pork butt (shoulder) marinated in citrus and slow roasted/steamed in a banana leaves. Delicious. Sounds like a great taco.

Bumpus
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM

Damn, bro ... I love prime too, but you'd refuse a steak?

Hell, I've eaten steaks that still had the marks from where the jockey was hitting it. :lol:

Locke
04-27-2011, 05:40 PM

Hell, I've eaten steaks that still had the marks from where the jockey was hitting it. :lol:

:puke:

WeVie
04-27-2011, 09:31 PM
I certainly think so. I won't eat steak anymore unless it's Prime. Gotta treat yourself at least once.

How much does a Primes fillet cost, say 8 oz?

WeVie
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Not that I have near the mad food skills that HurriPhin is sure to have, but I am in the same boat as he is where he doesn't like like to go to normal restaurants but in my case it's other people's houses, esp cookouts. I have some pretty good grill skills. I make some super tasty twice baked potatoes. Two versions. I make home made chili for hotdogs that everyone raves about too. Most people will throw some burgers on the grill and the flames will burn them up and they never season them. Anyway...............

The worst is going to other family member's houses for Thanksgiving. It can be pretty bad. When we have it at my house, which will most likely be never now since we moved to NC, my wife cooks the turkey and I handle most everything else. My poor mom is a pretty horrible cook. Her turkey is always really dry. Almost as dry as cardboard.

Valandui
04-27-2011, 10:34 PM
I made cashew chicken a week or two ago that came out pretty good. I was surprised, honestly.

HurriPhin
04-27-2011, 11:49 PM

I won't refuse a steak, but I certainly wouldn't order one of lower quality for myself.

Yikes, IMO beef needs at least 21-27 days of aging to develop ideal tenderness and flavor (minimum of 7 days can be achieved through wet aging). In fact anything under 2 days and the beef is still in the rigor process and tough as nails.

How much does a Primes fillet cost, say 8 oz?

At any typical Prime steakhouse an 8oz USDA Prime filet will run you anywhere from about $32-36. Just to let you know most steakhouses are a-la-cart and that price is for the steak only. Any sides, sauces, etc. is extra $.

Nappy Roots
04-28-2011, 12:16 AM
I won't refuse a steak, but I certainly wouldn't order one of lower quality for myself.

Yikes, IMO beef needs at least 21-27 days of aging to develop ideal tenderness and flavor (minimum of 7 days can be achieved through wet aging). In fact anything under 2 days and the beef is still in the rigor process and tough as nails.

At any typical Prime steakhouse an 8oz USDA Prime filet will run you anywhere from about $32-36. Just to let you know most steakhouses are a-la-cart and that price is for the steak only. Any sides, sauces, etc. is extra $.

How does one age its beef?

tylerdolphin
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
If you havent eaten spiny lobster grilled with Italian dressing, you havent truly lived.

WeVie
04-28-2011, 12:35 AM

OUCH! That is an expensive meal. I have been to a restaurant like that a time or two. My wife and I went to a French place I think it was one time in Jacksonville. I can't remember what she ordered but I do remember two of the courses that I had. One of them was beef carpaccio and the other was some sort of escargot stew with mushrooms. For the two of us, it was around $145 and that was with no wine.

We also ate at a steak house in Charlotte like you are talking about. I got prime rib and she got a fillet. That bill was over $100 too.

HurriPhin
04-28-2011, 02:20 AM
How does one age its beef?

It's already done by the time you purchase it. Beef is aged commercially before it is sold to the consumer and is not something that can be replicated at home.

Some high end steakhouses will do this on premise. Early in my career I worked at Charley's steakhouse in Orlando (still a Top 10 independent steakhouse in America) and we strictly purchased 3 yr old grain fed beef. After butchering, we dry aged the primal and sub primal cuts 4-6 weeks in a special walk-in cooler set at 32-34 degrees and 85% humidity. Dry aging allows for flavor that cannot be achieved through wet aging (basically cryo-vac) because of enzymes that develop during this process to break down certain muscle tissue and enhance flavor.

The reason this process and USDA Prime beef is so expensive is because of the moisture loss (which is directly related to overall weight loss in the beef) and the time and labor it requires to achieve it. Normal USDA Choice beef does not benefit from long periods of dry aging because of the lack of marbling (fat content through out the beef) that is needed.

WeVie
04-28-2011, 08:38 AM
You should share a few recipes with us HurriPhin. Something tasty that us normal wanna be home chefs could whip up.

NY8123
04-28-2011, 08:58 AM
It's already done by the time you purchase it. Beef is aged commercially before it is sold to the consumer and is not something that can be replicated at home.

Some high end steakhouses will do this on premise. Early in my career I worked at Charley's steakhouse in Orlando (still a Top 10 independent steakhouse in America) and we strictly purchased 3 yr old grain fed beef. After butchering, we dry aged the primal and sub primal cuts 4-6 weeks in a special walk-in cooler set at 32-34 degrees and 85% humidity. Dry aging allows for flavor that cannot be achieved through wet aging (basically cryo-vac) because of enzymes that develop during this process to break down certain muscle tissue and enhance flavor.

The reason this process and USDA Prime beef is so expensive is because of the moisture loss (which is directly related to overall weight loss in the beef) and the time and labor it requires to achieve it. Normal USDA Choice beef does not benefit from long periods of dry aging because of the lack of marbling (fat content through out the beef) that is needed.

This is exactly what most people don't realize about "great" quality beef. We have one place in the finger lakes that ages their beef like you state above and it stands out head and shoulders above the rest. They will also lob off the Truman Cut of prime rib (see image below), only one is cut per standing rib roast and it is D LISH ISH!!!!!!!

I will have to check out Charley's when I am in Florida again, I have no problem paying serious cash for great meat! Malone's steakhouse in Lexington is a great place to eat.

Ate it twice!!!!!!!

Tunaphish429
04-28-2011, 09:09 AM

Yup your exactly right....All tho I do think dry aged choice is pretty good stuff too..You can dry age in your fridge...(Its not the same as dry aged prime)...but reduces the water content in the steak..less water means beefier flavor and more crust.

Tunaphish429
04-28-2011, 09:11 AM
This is exactly what most people don't realize about "great" quality beef. We have one place in the finger lakes that ages their beef like you state above and it stands out head and shoulders above the rest. They will also lob off the Truman Cut of prime rib (see image below), only one is cut per standing rib roast and it is D LISH ISH!!!!!!!

I will have to check out Charley's when I am in Florida again, I have no problem paying serious cash for great meat! Malone's steakhouse in Lexington is a great place to eat.

Ate it twice!!!!!!!

Man thats huge!!
Thats gotta be choice not prime..If thats prime it must have cost your $200

NY8123
04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Man thats huge!!
Thats gotta be choice not prime..If thats prime it must have cost your $200

It's prime. Aged prime and damn good prime. The beauty of living where I do is they don't charge city prices on great beef it cost me half of your guess lol but it was my birthday so WTF!!!

Tunaphish429
04-28-2011, 09:31 AM
It's prime. Aged prime and damn good prime. The beauty of living where I do is they don't charge city prices on great beef it cost me half of your guess lol but it was my birthday so WTF!!!

Whats the name of that place?

Finger lakes aint that far from me.

NY8123
04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Whats the name of that place?

Finger lakes aint that far from me.

Go to the Conesus Inn on Conesus lake. They took the King and Truman off the menu this year for some reason but will still gladly serve them if you request them, I will say the Queen at the Inn is more then most normal humans eat at one meal (I believe the Princess is 16oz) with your King coming in at 58oz and the Truman at 80oz!!

Trust me you will not be disappointed if you make the drive. In fact PM if you decide to go and I will even meet you there as an excuse to go myself!

Tunaphish429
04-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Go to the Conesus Inn on Conesus lake. They took the King and Truman off the menu this year for some reason but will still gladly serve them if you request them, I will say the Queen at the Inn is more then most normal humans eat at one meal (I believe the Princess is 16oz) with your King coming in at 58oz and the Truman at 80oz!!

Trust me you will not be disappointed if you make the drive. In fact PM if you decide to go and I will even meet you there as an excuse to go myself!

Haha, Will do!!

I tried looking at the site but its blocked by my work..kinda weird..

NY8123
04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Haha, Will do!!

I tried looking at the site but its blocked by my work..kinda weird..

Dude GNC is blocked here. Ridiculous.

HurriPhin
04-28-2011, 10:49 AM

Ate it twice!!!!!!!

That looks ridiculously delicious!

HurriPhin
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
You should share a few recipes with us HurriPhin. Something tasty that us normal wanna be home chefs could whip up.

I'd love to, but truth is I don't use recipes. The only time I use recipes is in baking/pastry work and this was taught to me as formulas, not recipes, by a German Master Pastry Chef. Though I'd be more than happy to answer any food questions and/or throw out some helpful tips.

NY8123
04-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I can tell you all something that is overlooked a lot when grilling (I am sure HurriPhin agrees).

Let your meat (especially when it is half chickens, lions and broils) come to room temp before tossing it on a hot grill.

So many people go right from fridge to hot grill. no no no.

HurriPhin
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
One thing I always do is brine/cure my poultry, pork and sometimes seafood.

Basically brining is equal parts kosher salt and sugar (I like to use brown sugar) in a water solution. I also like to add other spices and seasonings such as red pepper flakes, bay leaf, nutmeg, chili powders and whole spices like peppercorns, allspice berries, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, clove, etc. Make sure you toast your whole spices in a pan or in the pot your using to make the brine before hand to release oils.

If you grind your spices and seasonings along with the kosher salt and brown sugar, and omit the water you can rub a "Cure" on your meats which is excellent for pork chops, pork tenderloin, etc.

Be sure to rinse any meat/poulty/seafood after a brine or cure to wash off any surface salt. Brined and cured meats should not taste salty, just very moist and delicious.

NY8123
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Basically brining is equal parts kosher salt and sugar (I like to use brown sugar) in a water solution. I also like to add other spices and seasonings such as red pepper flakes, bay leaf, nutmeg, chili powders and whole spices like peppercorns, allspice berries, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, clove, etc. Make sure you toast your whole spices in a pan or in the pot your using to make the brine before hand to release oils.

If you grind your spices and seasonings along with the kosher salt and brown sugar, and omit the water you can rub a "Cure" on your meats which is excellent for pork chops, pork tenderloin, etc.

Be sure to rinse any meat/poulty/seafood after a brine or cure to wash off any surface salt. Brined and cured meats should not taste salty, just very moist and delicious.

I use this techniques on Pork loin a lot, I then carmelize some onions and apples, usually in the fall uuummmm.....

Brown sugar is the only way to go in a brine in my opinion!

Phinatic8u
04-28-2011, 04:12 PM
The best food I've ever eaten was at a local seafood place here in Charlesron SC. Me nd my fiance eat till we couldn't eat anymore.

Dropped 500 on dinner. Well worth it

WeVie
04-28-2011, 08:21 PM

So if wanted to brine some chicken, I just add kosher salt, brown sugar and any other spices I may want? How long should I do it and how salt and sugar? I am guessing you totally submerge it in the water too?

HurriPhin
04-29-2011, 02:19 AM
So if wanted to brine some chicken, I just add kosher salt, brown sugar and any other spices I may want? How long should I do it and how salt and sugar? I am guessing you totally submerge it in the water too?

Let's say for about 4 chix breasts or 4 chix thighs or 2 cornish hens:

Take the spices (about a teaspoon each of peppercorns, allspice berries, coriander seeds, 1/2 cinnamon stick, etc) and toast them in a pot. After a couple of minutes when you begin to smell them as they release their oils (but obviously before they begin to burn) hit the pot with about a quart or so of water (be careful as water might spatter as it hits the hot pot). Then add about, eh, a quarter cup (2 oz) each or so of kosher salt and brown sugar. Then add your seasonings (bay leaf, chili powder, etc), whisk periodically until dissolved into a water solution. Be sure to chill your brine (throw in some ice cubes and put into fridge or freezer until cool) before submerging the chix. Brine approx. 3-4 hours, rinse and pat dry.

WeVie
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Let's say for about 4 chix breasts or 4 chix thighs or 2 cornish hens:

Take the spices (about a teaspoon each of peppercorns, allspice berries, coriander seeds, 1/2 cinnamon stick, etc) and toast them in a pot. After a couple of minutes when you begin to smell them as they release their oils (but obviously before they begin to burn) hit the pot with about a quart or so of water (be careful as water might spatter as it hits the hot pot). Then add about, eh, a quarter cup (2 oz) each or so of kosher salt and brown sugar. Then add your seasonings (bay leaf, chili powder, etc), whisk periodically until dissolved into a water solution. Be sure to chill your brine (throw in some ice cubes and put into fridge or freezer until cool) before submerging the chix. Brine approx. 3-4 hours, rinse and pat dry.

Awesome. I will try this out sometime this weekend. What is the best way to cook the chicken? Can I grill it or should I cook it some other way?

HurriPhin
04-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Awesome. I will try this out sometime this weekend. What is the best way to cook the chicken? Can I grill it or should I cook it some other way?

Grill is perfect and season however you desire.

WeVie
04-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Grill is perfect and season however you desire.

Sounds good. Got any other great cooking tips for us?

Tunaphish429
05-24-2011, 05:39 PM
so got my cheesesteak on in philly was not really impressed

Vaark
05-24-2011, 06:54 PM
I've been making this for years. It impresses guests, especially women but requires some prep work

.. I don't prepare it often, but always end up pleased that I did. I defy you to find a more delicious meatloaf in a restaurant or recipe book than this Paul Prudhomme Cajun recipe.

http://www.food.com/recipe/paul-prudhommes-cajun-meat-loaf-412134

Arsenal WV
05-25-2011, 02:44 AM
The best food I've ever eaten was at a local seafood place here in Charlesron SC. Me nd my fiance eat till we couldn't eat anymore.

Dropped 500 on dinner. Well worth it

WHAT THE ****? For a dinner for two? What's the name of the place. I'm leaving to visit my sister here soon and i'd like to make her take me there, and pay...

Tunaphish429
05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I've been making this for years. It impresses guests, especially women but requires some prep work

.. I don't prepare it often, but always end up pleased that I did. I defy you to find a more delicious meatloaf in a restaurant or recipe book than this Paul Prudhomme Cajun recipe.

Sounds pretty good, Next time post a pick if you cant..

Heres a recipe that I have made before really simple...But again its one that impresses

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pork-wellington-recipe/index.html

Pork welllington, its a great , affordable recipe..

I am gonna be making dinner for my in laws in a few weeks..def gonna post some picks

NY8123
05-25-2011, 09:03 AM

ooohhhh you *******! Do you know how bad I have been craving Meatloaf !!!!! Now I am going to have to make this recipe.

WeVie
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM

I have been looking for something different to cook. I will have to give this a try for sure.

Vaark
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
You guys let me know how it came out/what you thought. Don't be deterred by all the chopping and prep work - IMO it's more than worth it!

WeVie
05-26-2011, 12:48 AM
You guys let me know how it came out/what you thought. Don't be deterred by all the chopping and prep work - IMO it's more than worth it!

I cook a lot from scratch so chopping and prep will not bother me. I think I will get the stuff this weekend and make it sometime next week?

Valandui
06-10-2011, 09:54 PM
If you don't mind my asking, how would one about becoming a chef?

WeVie
06-12-2011, 01:35 AM
If you don't mind my asking, how would one about becoming a chef?

You can go to school for one. Another way, and this is a guess, but you could work at a restaurant as a sous-chef and learn how to cook as well.