PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Mallet 1 on 1 with John Gruden

NYPhin24
04-14-2011, 04:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/

Right off the bat Gruden addresses the rumor issues which Mallet handles pretty well for being asked the same question over and over and over again

Talks about his mobility and pocket pressure

Draws out a designed play explaining every receivers route and his responsibility which he seemed to be very comfortable with

Really likes how he responded to Gruden with "Sir" "Yes Sir" and you could see his respect for Gruden and the situation, you can tell in his voice he wants to prove everyone wrong

Also gives an example of his Hard Count, pretty impressive

finphan83
04-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't like his posture though

X-Pacolypse
04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
I missed this. Somebody has to have the full video uploaded somewhere.

uga3406
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I cracked up when John Daly joined them. That was freakin classic. He could of offered Mallet advice on how to deal with drug/alcohol problems. :chuckle:

yardlaw
04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't like his posture though

WTF is wrong w/ his posture? He's leaning towards Gruden during most of the sequence. For those who know a bit about posture during an interview, meeting etc. this indicates engagement. Please elaborate.

Uruguayfinfan
04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I really liked this interview. Made me want to grab him in the draft a bit more. He seems to have everything so clear about his plays, i would assume that if any play he made was thrown to him in a board, he could easily explain the reads he needs to do before, during and after the snap. And it looks like, while he's explaining them, he's viewing things like if he was on the field, so i can only imagine that it also translates to when he really is on the field. From what I've seen from him, it looks it does translate that into the field.

Finfanforever
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I hate to say this but all this drug and off the field issue crap reminds me of the 1983 draft...if you get my drift!

Cali Finfan
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Whether we draft him or not I hope that he proves all of the pundents wrong and has a successfull carreer.

JRoX85
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I love how Gruden threw the Marino name in there as a comparison to the perfect pocket passer. I am begining to think we trade down and snag him late in rd 1 maybe 24th overall??

Fintastic2124
04-15-2011, 02:57 AM
I love how Gruden threw the Marino name in there as a comparison to the perfect pocket passer. I am begining to think we trade down and snag him late in rd 1 maybe 24th overall??

Not a chance. If we're serious about getting this guy, we may have to jump the Vikes at 12 to get him.

Elliott 1
04-15-2011, 03:43 AM
If the Dolphins really did draft this incredible lardass I would be shocked, really shocked.

I think the philosophy of this FO is that the day of the pure pocket passer in the NFL is passing away as Manning and Brady age.

Most of the successful young guys are mobile QB's. Even Flacco, who is overrated is a far better athlete than he is given credit for. Matt Ryan had a slow 40 but an excellent 10 yd split; however with Ryan you have a guy that has been playing with a ton of help, a big ton of help. He has one of the best OL's in the game and the Falcon rushing game has been excellent. If he loses a couple of his boys to FA things could start to change Matty. The ice could break.

When you consider how delicate the situation in Miami is, Mallett is too much of a risk. I could see him competing with Alex Smith in San Francisco. Harbaugh can afford to take some risks. Ireland and Sparano could be looking for jobs next year. They don't need anymore mud on their faces.

Slower than molasses with questionable character and leadership ability?? This is not what the Dr. is prescribing for the Dolphins.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/QB/Ryan-Mallett.php

Wishfishin
04-15-2011, 06:36 AM
What's up with his dialect? He's startin' to remind me of Eminem.

j-off-her-doll
04-15-2011, 08:01 AM
If the Dolphins really did draft this incredible lardass I would be shocked, really shocked.

I think the philosophy of this FO is that the day of the pure pocket passer in the NFL is passing away as Manning and Brady age.

Most of the successful young guys are mobile QB's. Even Flacco, who is overrated is a far better athlete than he is given credit for. Matt Ryan had a slow 40 but an excellent 10 yd split; however with Ryan you have a guy that has been playing with a ton of help, a big ton of help. He has one of the best OL's in the game and the Falcon rushing game has been excellent. If he loses a couple of his boys to FA things could start to change Matty. The ice could break.

When you consider how delicate the situation in Miami is, Mallett is too much of a risk. I could see him competing with Alex Smith in San Francisco. Harbaugh can afford to take some risks. Ireland and Sparano could be looking for jobs next year. They don't need anymore mud on their faces.

Slower than molasses with questionable character and leadership ability?? This is not what the Dr. is prescribing for the Dolphins.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/QB/Ryan-Mallett.php

You're right. We need a guy who struggles to throw the ball down the field and has a 5-second windup.

X-Pacolypse
04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
You're right. We need a guy who struggles to throw the ball down the field and has a 5-second windup.

Don't you know that he's going to have a better career than John Elway?

Roonnette
04-15-2011, 08:49 PM

What the Doctor is prescribing is to take chances on special, and not go safe. Safe gets you nowhere fast.

Safe is for depth, and Phins have depth galore. They need to challenge for SB and that ain't happening with safe picks.