PDA

View Full Version : 2002 FinHeaven Tailgate Party Poll

miadphan13
03-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Okay guys, you beat me to the NFL schedule! :lol:

It is time to vote for the teams & dates you are willing and able to attend. Vote for as many as you like! :D

Like I said before, I am willing to attend any game selected! :D

Also, please post the teams/dates you selected because I want to keep track of who wants to attend which games. Thanks! :D

Let's get this party started............ :D

dolfan06
03-29-2002, 04:34 AM
i know my son would too, he wants to get out of the snow in December!:D

DolphinLunatic
03-29-2002, 01:39 PM
Ah , What the hell, bring on the defending champs! :D

dolfan06
03-29-2002, 01:45 PM
is sure tough on the ones that have to work tuesday. i don't care because i'll be off anyway, but to party until 8:30 or so, then have a game until midnight, thats tough at any age!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
03-29-2002, 02:30 PM
I doubt that MNF game will get to many votes because a lot of people that don't live in Miami would miss two days of work. It is going to be a weird weekend at finheaven during the tailgate party, I will be posting to myself. :lol:

dolfan06
03-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I doubt that MNF game will get to many votes because a lot of people that don't live in Miami would miss two days of work. It is going to be a weird weekend at finheaven during the tailgate party, I will be posting to myself. :lol: :(

iceblizzard69
03-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Nope, I am too young.

Miamian
03-29-2002, 06:56 PM
I'm voting for all eight, but in order of priority: Yets, Fay-duhs, Patsies, Jills, Ravens, Chargers, Bears, Lions.

scotgif
03-29-2002, 08:54 PM
I will be going to all 8 ( season ticket holder).
So, whatever you guys decide, count me in.
Can't freakin' wait.

dolfan06
03-30-2002, 04:22 AM
is getting more votes than you thought, ice!:(

Kamikaze
03-30-2002, 04:41 AM
Looking at the schedule, the game that works best for me is the Fay-duhs game. It should fall right at the beginning of winter break so I can probably get down there without any problems whatsoever. Of course the game I want to go to most is the Jets game so we can see them broil to death from the sun. ;) Since I live in Chicago I would like to see the Bears game (and see all the new bandwagon fans here cry their eyes out when they get their asses kicked), but that one is least likely from what I hear. So what is the official order? From most wanted to least: Jets, Fay-duhs, Bears.

iceblizzard69
03-30-2002, 10:37 AM
You mean no one wants to go see the Lions week one? :lol: They have 2 votes.

FinHeavenAJ
03-30-2002, 10:57 AM
I would like to go to the Raiders game. That would work the best for me anyways. Seeing how next season I'll be in Tampa, it would be KILLER for me to go down to a Monday Night Game.

Basically, any Sunday game would be fine with me.

inFINSible
03-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Count me in for any one......

what time do the tailgate parties start for the 1 o'clock games?:drinkers: :jumper: :drinker: :happydrin :band: :rocker:

miadphan13
03-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
Count me in for any one......

what time do the tailgate parties start for the 1 o'clock games?:drinkers: :jumper: :drinker: :happydrin :band: :rocker:

I can get more details later, but I am thinking we could be situated and pour the first beer around 10am :D :drinkers:

dolfan06
03-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by miadphan13

I can get more details later, but I am thinking we could be situated and pour the first beer around 10am :D :drinkers: if we have an early game, we can come out and watch the late games. if we go to the dec game, most of the divisional races will be real interesting about that time of year!:eek:

Frank-n-Furter
03-31-2002, 12:38 AM
I really wouldn't mind going to any of the games but if I had to choose:

NY Pets
New England Patriots
Buffaload Jills
Baltimore Wavens
Deadland Gayders
Da Bears

I think that's how you spell them...... :cool:

dolphan39
04-06-2002, 11:25 AM
Bills or Raiders work best for me though I am going to FLA the week after the Raiders game already, so Bills w/b best and would be a nice calm blowout :cool: :D

dolfan06
04-06-2002, 01:32 PM
i won't go to oakland, i'd rather go to game where the dolfans outnumber the faders freaks! then you wouldn't be in jeopardy for wearing your colors!:rolleyes:

dolphan39
04-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i won't go to oakland, i'd rather go to game where the dolfans outnumber the faders freaks! then you wouldn't be in jeopardy for wearing your colors!:rolleyes: I would think that's only a problem ag. the Jets at TSFKAJRS :confused:

miadphan13
04-06-2002, 10:52 PM
There were ALOT of Raider fans at TSFKAJRS last season, but they were really harmless. :)

Dolfan984
04-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Raiders fans are overrated.

They are as scary as me. Heh.

dolfan06
04-07-2002, 02:16 AM
There were ALOT of Raider fans at TSFKAJRS last season, but they were really harmless. :) a guy i worked with had his brother in the hospital because of those clowns, i don't know if he got mouthy or not!:confused:

Miamian
04-07-2002, 10:41 AM
I think it'll be okay. Sitting as one group, there is safety in numbers.:band:

dolfan06
04-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
I think it'll be okay. Sitting as one group, there is safety in numbers.:band: in miami!;)

Dolfan984
04-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Must have been in the "Black Hole" area. Those are your ciminals/freaks. Most of everyone else is kinda normal.

dolfan06
04-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Must have been in the "Black Hole" area. Those are your ciminals/freaks. Most of everyone else is kinda normal. but it was definately a-hole!:D

GazPhin
04-08-2002, 06:17 PM
But I fancy the Jets streak breaker first and foremost.

Does anyone think it might be viable to meet up with the Jets fans on the Saturday down on Key Biscayne beach for a fans "touch" or "flag" scrimmage, beer and bar-b-q??

Could be a good "jest":lol:

(After that my backup plan is Baltimore/San Diego to get two games in 10 days holiday)

miadphan13
04-09-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by GazPhin
Does anyone think it might be viable to meet up with the Jets fans on the Saturday down on Key Biscayne beach for a fans "touch" or "flag" scrimmage, beer and bar-b-q?? Could be a good "jest":lol:

That sounds like ALOT of fun! :D I can look into it and maybe NYRican knows some other Jets fans. :) Good idea!! :D

dolfan06
04-09-2002, 03:19 AM
i'll play! my coordination is not as good as it was, but i can still hit with the best of em!

GazPhin
04-09-2002, 03:33 AM
i'll play! my coordination is not as good as it was, but i can still hit with the best of em!

I had in mind some good natured fun, not trying to reduce the number of Jest fans who are actually physically capable of attending the match!!:evil:

Key Biscayne has a great beach with picnic area, bar-b-q's already there to be used. We just need the beer and raw meat:D

I have to say I have never played the game, but I have always been athletic (represented my school in soccer, rugby, cricket - it's like baseball but with more obvious padding, swimming, athletics).
I'm up for it.

dolfan06
04-09-2002, 03:37 AM
but it sure would be fun plantin' some green stuff!:D

GazPhin
04-09-2002, 08:51 AM
But I fancy the Jets streak breaker first and foremost.

(After that my backup plan is Baltimore/San Diego to get two games in 10 days holiday)

I changed my backup schedule to the Bears and Faders games in early December as I can do that in a single week off and the flights should be cheap at that time of year.:D

dolfan06
04-09-2002, 10:54 AM

I changed my backup schedule to the Bears and Faders games in early December as I can do that in a single week off and the flights should be cheap at that time of year.:D thats why i went with the faders!:D ;)

miadphan13
04-09-2002, 12:29 PM
It sounds like it is really coming down to the Raiders or the Jets which ROCKS because I was going to attend them anyway. :D

Anyone else interested??? We need at least 25 tickets to make a group. :)

dolphan39
04-09-2002, 01:01 PM
It sounds like it is really coming down to the Raiders or the Jets which ROCKS because I was going to attend them anyway. :D

Anyone else interested??? We need at least 25 tickets to make a group. :) Jets I cannot make and it will be on up here. Raiders in the w/e before I am going to FLA to the Holidays so that's tough, but still possible. :(

Rude American
04-09-2002, 05:30 PM
I'm in, 13. I know how much you all would like to meet me.

Miamian
04-09-2002, 11:36 PM

Anyone else interested??? We need at least 25 tickets to make a group. :)

Count me in and for now, any other games you want to do. I go on vacation for two weeks a year, but I can schedule around the schedule.

dolfan06
04-10-2002, 03:35 AM
tickets go on sale here pretty soon!:(

GazPhin
04-10-2002, 10:17 AM
...until early August. Single game tickets being available (I thought) from late July. As it goes, I could take 2 tickets on the basis that you can sell them on to refund me if I have to take plan B (fully or partially). How does that sound?
:goof:

miadphan13
04-10-2002, 12:15 PM
I will be honest and say that I can not financially cover the tickets because I am getting ready to move into a new apartment in the next week. The Dolphins have screwed us by bumping the ticket sale date this early. We can still do the tailgate party thing, but I have no idea if we will be able to all sit together at the game. I can NOT afford to buy any tickets when they go on sale this month because my living situation is more important.

GazPhin
04-10-2002, 12:34 PM
I will be honest and say that I can not financially cover the tickets because I am getting ready to move into a new apartment in the next week. The Dolphins have screwed us by bumping the ticket sale date this early. We can still do the tailgate party thing, but I have no idea if we will be able to all sit together at the game. I can NOT afford to buy any tickets when they go on sale this month because my living situation is more important.

But although it's a nice idea to get us all sat together it's not very practical. No sweat. I'd rather leave my decision 'til later anyway. I'm dependent on others for my holiday plans.

Rude American
04-10-2002, 01:10 PM
MP13, I'll pay for your ticket, sweetie. But you have to sit beside me! ;)

Miamian
04-10-2002, 10:40 PM

what section are we looking to sit in? That would have a significant bearing on the cost. When you need me to pay you for the ticket, let me know how much, to whom to make the check out to, and where to send it.

It would be nice for us all to sit together.

Muck
04-11-2002, 01:34 AM
I have no idea if I'll be able to attend a single game now. My new job requires me to be very flexible, but they don't return the favor. I have ZERO say in my schedule, holidays included. They really could give a crap about my needs.

It sucks. But at this point in time, I gotta do what I gotta do. We'll see what happens. Really hope to see the Jets or Raiders. Hell, I hope to see football PERIOD this year. God, now I'm getting nervous. :confused: :confused:

Capt. Dick
04-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I have no idea if I'll be able to attend a single game now. My new job requires me to be very flexible, but they don't return the favor. I have ZERO say in my schedule, holidays included. They really could give a crap about my needs.

It sucks. But at this point in time, I gotta do what I gotta do. We'll see what happens. Really hope to see the Jets or Raiders. Hell, I hope to see football PERIOD this year. God, now I'm getting nervous. :confused: :confused:

you have 2 options:

1. find employment elseware

2. dazzle them with corporate footwork...........quickly move into management..............then FIRE the azzhole who made you work Sundays to begin with! :)

dolfan06
04-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

you have 2 options:

1. find employment elseware

2. dazzle them with corporate footwork...........quickly move into management..............then FIRE the azzhole who made you work Sundays to begin with! :) :D

Muck
04-12-2002, 01:34 AM
Maybe I'm being too dramatic, though it does suck.

The fact is I knew what I was getting into when I signed on. The fact is that I really have to do this. Pay is good (for me at this point). And it will look good on my resume once I graduate this fall.

In other words, I'm "getting my foot in the industry's door". So I've gotta make some sacrifices, no matter how painful. (I say that now, but when the season roles around........... :D )

miadphan13
04-12-2002, 02:06 AM
Well I am bustin ass with 2 jobs right now, but come football season..........Dolphin parties at my place!!! :D

dolfan06
04-13-2002, 03:21 AM
baffle em with bullsh!t, but get to the top and fire somebody!:D

dolfan06
04-26-2002, 03:27 AM
but who's gonna start moving on this. i really would like to go but it's rather hard for me to handle tickets from california!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
04-26-2002, 03:28 AM
looks as though the raiders game is the one to see!

Miamian
04-27-2002, 01:02 AM
but who's gonna start moving on this. i really would like to go but it's rather hard for me to handle tickets from california!:rolleyes:
I was kind of wondering also, thanks for being the one to break the ice 06. I thought 13 was going to handle it (this kind of sounds like Logan's Run, doesn't it? and most of us are over 30); but maybe she's busy. But there seems to be some confusion on when tickets will be available. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask and then post.:)

dolfan06
04-27-2002, 03:23 AM
tis true, miadphan has her hands full, moving and working 2 jobs. AJ is getting ready for college, somebody in florida should come up with a plan!

Capt. Dick
04-27-2002, 08:31 AM
the jets and raiders game will sell out quick.

Miamian
04-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Just found out that individual tickets are not yet on sale, unless you go with the "kickoff package" which gives you two games one of which must be Detroit.

I'm willing to buy the entire season package if anyone else is willing to go in on it.

dolfan06
04-27-2002, 12:12 PM
i live in california, so that option really isn't too good for me! it'd be a small fortune in plane fares for sure!

Miamian
04-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Maybe you should consider moving to south Florida. It can be hot as hell in the summer:fire: but winter is really nice.

dolfan06
04-27-2002, 06:39 PM
but i don't think i could stand the humid weather. i like the heat, the dry heat in arizona is ok. maybe when i retire i'll consider it, if i don't have to work in it, fine!;)

Miamian
04-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Humidity is a problem. Believe it or not, south Florida's summer is mild compared to the rest of the state.

miadphan13
04-27-2002, 08:13 PM
It is true, I am very busy, but I also offered to help those needing travel help and like TWO people wrote me, so it doesn't seem that too many are interested in going. I can't afford tickets at this time because I am furnishing my new apartment and carrying the entire rent this month by myself. If the Dolphins would have sold tickets when they normally do, then I had it all figured out. I will go and party, but I may not be able to sit with all of you guys. :(

iceblizzard69
04-27-2002, 10:12 PM
I play sports in the summer humidity in New York, which can get really hot and is always really humid. I like it when it is 90-95 degrees. :)

Miamian
04-28-2002, 12:13 AM
Well as many as can go should. By the way, I've placed another thread on this parent thread for Floridians who may want to get in on season tickets and go together. I don't mean to be prejudiced against out-of-staters (Floridians in-fight probably more than anyone else anyway), but like 06 said it's probably impractical for others, but practical for people who live in or within a day's driving distance to south Florida.

miadphan13
04-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Great idea Miamian!! I can't afford season tickets, but I would still love to meet everyone from FinHeaven when I can!! :D

dolfan06
04-29-2002, 01:25 PM
hook miamian up with thefinfanman, this guy throws great tailgate parties. once he was on this board and said he would help with finheaven's!:D

Rude American
04-30-2002, 10:59 PM
Folks, I can organize the entire event.

Miamian
05-01-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
Folks, I can organize the entire event.

A Bills' fan doing it. ANATHEMA.

Rude American
05-01-2002, 11:03 AM
I date a girl named Anna Thema.

dolfan06
05-01-2002, 11:43 AM

A Bills' fan doing it. ANATHEMA. :D

Rude American
05-01-2002, 04:36 PM
I think dolfan06 feels it's necessary to reply to every post in this forum.

Dude, not everyone's talking to YOU!

:D

Chauncey
05-01-2002, 11:01 PM
You did your Aunt Thelma, Rude?

dolfan06
05-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
I think dolfan06 feels it's necessary to reply to every post in this forum.

Dude, not everyone's talking to YOU!

:D but since you are the only one to bring it up, that shows how much class you have, zero, nada, zilch. but then again, what is one to expect!

Chauncey
05-03-2002, 07:35 AM
Today, we have Rude "Sgt. Stadenko" American here to talk to us about the etiquette of smack talk.

Rule # 1: There are no rules
Rule # 2: If unsure, refer to rule # 1

dolfan06
05-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Chauncey
Today, we have Rude "Sgt. Stadenko" American here to talk to us about the etiquette of smack talk.

Rule # 1: There are no rules
Rule # 2: If unsure, refer to rule # 1 this explains why we have bills fans today!

Chubby
05-22-2002, 11:39 AM
Count me in for all the games, Me and my fiance go to all the
games together and are looking for a fun group to make the

Chubby
05-22-2002, 11:40 AM
more enjoyable

Miamian
05-22-2002, 07:43 PM
FYI, to all subscribers to this thread: 13 won't be able to organize, so I've volunteered. If you want to go in on group tickets, send me an e-mail for the games you want to attend. I'll put together a list and then e-mail everyone with my address. Then you can send me a check and I'll purchase en masse. For the Jets and Raiders games, please do so as soon as possible (within the next week or two) as those tickets are going to go fast and we may not have the chance to pull a large group together if we wait too long.

Once

dolfan06
05-23-2002, 03:06 AM
or a PM?

Miamian
05-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Whatever works. A PM is probably easier as the button is located above the post, but in the profile there is a link to e-mail the member.

dolfan06
05-24-2002, 03:08 AM
an awful lot of members don't have the email working!

Miamian
05-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Okay, PM it is. By the way, it's not happening either way yet. You and I seem to be the only ones interested. I'm going to go back and research the earlier threads, send those people PM's to see if they're still interested.

dolfan06
05-24-2002, 04:18 PM
sounds good! btw, when i send you a PM would you send me your email address?

scotgif
11-15-2002, 03:04 PM
So, how does one find out about where and when the fans are meeting for the games? I am planning on attendending the Ravens game, and would love to meet, and hang with people from this board. Let me know.

Miamian
11-15-2002, 10:40 PM
You need to start a thread on this board Scot that you're going and would like to meet others there. Personally, I'm not planning on going to that one.

dolfan06
11-18-2002, 11:10 PM
let me get the site number, but finfanman said we could meet where he tailgates!;)

Miamian
11-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Great, counting down....

dolfan06
11-19-2002, 11:24 PM
Great, counting down.... sent an email to thefinfanman, i'll let ya know what his answer is!

26 more days, can't wait! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Paquiviris
11-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Will pay for gas money, I'll be in coral gables. e-mail or pm me:)

Miamian
12-01-2002, 01:36 AM
Dude, take public transportation. That's how I'm getting there.

dolfan06
12-01-2002, 01:42 AM
Dude, take public transportation. That's how I'm getting there. miamian, you got mail!

Miamian
12-01-2002, 07:09 PM
Did you send me one also 06? I just sent a reply to Paquiviris.

dolfan06
12-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Did you send me one also 06? I just sent a reply to Paquiviris. yea i did!

Miamian
12-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Okay, the game's in a couple of weeks. If you're planning on meeting us for tailgating, we should start thinking about what everyone is going to bring.

dolfan06
12-01-2002, 10:49 PM
unless i go shopping the day before the game, i'm just bringing some drinks, we're staying in a hotel and i don't know what stores are available!;) :(

Miamian
12-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Actually, I just realized that we may not be able to have a tailgate party unless someone is willing to collect money and buy the burgers/hot dogs/beer etc. I can't because I don't have a car.

What's the consensus?

dolfan06
12-02-2002, 12:51 AM
Actually, I just realized that we may not be able to have a tailgate party unless someone is willing to collect money and buy the burgers/hot dogs/beer etc. I can't because I don't have a car.

What's the consensus? just bring your own!

inFINSible
12-03-2002, 02:11 PM
I'll do whatever is needed.......how early is every body going to get to the stadium? The last time Miamian and I met up it was time to start the game already........we need a little PARTYING TIME this go around.....I have a small grill and some other stuff but I don't have a parking pass........How do I get one of those?

dolfan06
12-03-2002, 09:49 PM
I'll do whatever is needed.......how early is every body going to get to the stadium? The last time Miamian and I met up it was time to start the game already........we need a little PARTYING TIME this go around.....I have a small grill and some other stuff but I don't have a parking pass........How do I get one of those? the gates open at 9:30, if we can meet somewhere, a friend of mine has season tickets and has an extra parking pass he's gonna give me. if we go into the stadium together you can save $20 on parking. we'll have a great time, finfanman says that there are about 12 guys that come with him!

inFINSible
12-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Sounds good to me..........

dolfan06
12-04-2002, 09:52 AM
Sounds good to me.......... probably, better than bringing a whole bunch of stuff, it would probably be better to bring what you want for yourself!. i'll PM you with the address of our hotel or i'll just give you the phone number and you can give me a call and maybe we can meet somewhere, if you want to save parking?

miadphan13
12-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Hey guys,

I am coming with Dolfan984, ChicagoDolphan & JayDog57. I can give you my cell phone number and we can meet up. :) I will meet up with FFiB also. He is major cool. :D We are in Section 424 Row 26. I am only able to stay for the game and have to be back in Orlando Sunday night. Dolfan984 & ChicagoDolphan may stay down in Miami.

Miamian
12-06-2002, 09:49 PM
We're in sec 447, almost shouting range. BTW, Dfan4life won't be joining us, he sold his tickets to sit in another section.

miadphan13
12-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Well, I just found out that JayDog57 doesn't want to go, so I may be selling 3 of my tickets. Dolfan984 + girlfriend & ChicagoDolphan are definites. I will decide what I will do by Sunday.

Clumpy
12-07-2002, 01:01 AM
Hello Michele :)

inFINSible
12-07-2002, 09:20 AM
Hey Michelle!!!...I was wondering if you were going to make this one! Can't wait to meet you.......:biggrin:

Miamian
12-08-2002, 01:52 AM
It's been marked on all our calendars.

dolfan06
12-08-2002, 02:43 AM
It's been marked on all our calendars. what has been marked?

Miamian
12-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Why, the very moment that we all meet THE 13, of course.:D

Jaydog57
12-10-2002, 01:03 AM
Why, the very moment that we all meet THE 13, of course.:D She's a ton of fun to hang with, you won't be disappointed.:cool:

dolfan06
12-10-2002, 01:54 AM
Why, the very moment that we all meet THE 13, of course.:D oh, guess i didn't read the whole thread!:rolleyes:

Paquiviris
12-10-2002, 10:42 PM
Expect to see you all Sunday. Go Fish

dolfan06
12-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Paquiviris
Expect to see you all Sunday. Go Fish 46 more hours and i'll be there!:D